Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 8 : Mexico 480km

Go down 
+15
Rich Gast
Yannick Lampure
Doug Tevik
Philippe Martinelli
Jerry Foehrkolb
Frank Verplanken
Jim Ray
Guy Pitra
Andre Lagunzad
Kevin Lewis
Matt Watkins
Milt Minter Jr
Karel Marciniszyn
Bill Yarbrough
Antoine de Mautor
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jerry Huffman
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-12-10

Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2009 - 15:30

Wondering if it's too late to enter the race. I am an applicant at FSB but am an avid road racer. I have been practicing the track and am running around 1:10:900. Totally understand if it's too late, but thought I would give it a shot! Hope to race with you guys in 2010 for sure.

Thanks,

Jerry
Back to top Go down
http://www.roarracingleague.com
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2009 - 17:50

Hi Jerry, welcome Wink

You can race on Saturday, you just have to book an available car in this topic : http://historicsimracing.123.st/1989-world-sportscar-championship-f14/available-cars-voitures-disponibles-t34.htm

#5, #21, #39, #2 and #55 are available for this round !

And then you'll be all set to go!

:top:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Alex Shurikus
Rookie
Alex Shurikus

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009 - 4:12

#63 Sauber should be racing today

We did not get any IP and password though. Can somebody send them via PM's?
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009 - 6:41

Take the Jag Jerry!Ran fast as hell the other night..Especially for just dl the mod...Good Sportsmanship and good racing is the norm here!Take the Jag-lol!We're testing ..come on T's!
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009 - 16:47

Race Server Launched !
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009 - 4:29

I'd just like to congratulate Antoine on winning the GTP Championship and HSO for having such a great League and series!Can't wait for next year!The guys have really enjoyed racing with all of you from all over the world this season..It has made this the best season we've ever had at =FSB=!Great competition and Sportsmanship!A winning combination!Thx HSO! cheers
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009 - 12:05

Grats for your Mexican win Milt cheers and to Antoine for the title cheers cheers cheers !!!

I had a very difficult and rather unpleasant race due to my computer desk. It's of the rather cheap, light and small type and I often have problems with the GTP mod as I run it with a very strong ffb. What it does is I tend to pull the wheel/desk/screen towards me in the turns, and this was particularly spectacular here in the Esses. And of course while all of this moves to me, the pedals don't What a Face lol! !
Eventually at the end of my first stint I had the steering wheel just inches from my chin and my feet barely touched the pedals lol ! The only thing I could do sometimes in the straight was to pull my chair back to be able to steer correctly, but then of course that made the pedals even further from my feet !

Too bad since for once I was on a good pace. I had installed the track just before practice so I was very happy with my 5th grid spot ! At the start Antoine's car disapeared from my screen and I thought he was disco, but he re-appeared later in the lap some seconds back What a Face . I passed Philou early on and settled for third. Kevin and Milt were just that bit faster and pulled away slowly but surely. I then made the rolled lap WR lol! , selected third instead of second in the Esses, took the curb, flipped sideways and landed on my wheels against the wall - first gear and off you go, only minor damage and 6 seconds lost !!

At the end of the stint I was 3rd some 15 seconds behind Kevin & Milt, and with a decent cushion over Antoine, Karel and the rest behind. As I discoed I tried to solve the desk problem but the remedy proved worst than the disease and the rest of the race was just a struggle.

I'm satisfied with 4th in these circumstances but would have liked to give Antoine a run for his money late in the race :D !

Grats to all. Thanks FSBers for joining us this year, you really made the series blossom and we look forward to an exciting 2010 GTP season with yall !!!

:frank:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Jerry Foehrkolb
Rookie
Jerry Foehrkolb

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009 - 20:33

Congrats to Milt and Antoine. Thanks to HSO for the great season. I think this is the best mod for the game and its great to have a place to run it.
Back to top Go down
Larry Krupp
Rookie
Larry Krupp

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009 - 1:45

Congrats Milt. Great series Antoine hope you will include me if you are going to do it again next year. What a ride these cars are. 8)
Back to top Go down
Doug Tevik
Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: mexico   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009 - 2:06

congrats milt,, well deserved and a class act to boot :champ:

sign me up for next year hope we run it again had a great time it was alot of fun
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009 - 2:23

Was a great race for me, I kept pushing as hard as I could throughout and it paid off cheers

Had a CTD at the start affraid but fortunately managed to keep off everybody's way. I lost a few places in the process, and was determined to make them back when I spun exiting parabolica at the end of lap 1 :doh: Sorry for the wreck guys!!

Then, I was trying to keep Damian in sight, but he had some misfortunes and handed me the title pretty soon despite being the favorite prior to this last round. I was quite happy to be honest, but still determined to end this season on a high note, and I battled hard with Karel, and with Frank, to gain 3rd spot! :conduit: My car was very fast down the main straightaway but crucially lakcing agility in the esses, so I had to fight it as hard as I could, having lost 3rd gear on lap 13th for good measure :D :yaa:

Au passage, désolé à Philou pour le suppo en sortant de la chicane, totalement ma faute je pensais que ca passait mais j'ai été surpris par le lag de GTP... Vraiment désolé Embarassed

I was never able to catch Bill, mate you did an awesome race ! And Milt well... The class of the field, a well deserved win :top: Too bad Kevin couldn't challenge til the end he was a strong contender too !

In the end, I'm delighted with the title, at last I'm a World Champion like in my childhood dreams :champ:

Stay tuned !! Next season should be plain awesome!! Endurance and sprint races scheduled, details will be unveiled soon, be sure not to miss that and bring your friends over to join the fun!!

In the expectation of the forecoming season which should start on the 6th of February, have a go at FSB's 24 Laps of Le Mans race at the begenning of the year!
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009 - 4:42

Thanks fellas!The #13 Courage"That Could" from La Sarthe put Ford in the victory lane..It's a great feeling as after several years of International Endurance racing against some of the best GTP drivers,this would be my 2nd victory..The other at Vader,Spa in 2007 or 8-lol with Team Oatas , Wegner and Damian.Loss of recent memory-lol! Suspect
It was a pleasure training with the team and making setups..It helped me to understand each car and I came to the conclusion that the Toyota was gonna struggle at Mexico City..I only got it decent by Damians help..My car was so good in the slow sections but all the other cars could pass me on the straight..Boy was I wrong..That Courage was hooked up and Qualifying with Kevin Lewis 1st and 2nd was just what we needed..We knew in testing and a hard fought,clean Trans-Am Season mutual respect and the fact that overal,our best shot was to ride and draft together..I was faster in some places and Kev was faster in others..We figured that after the last pitstop,we'd see where we were and race each other at the end..It would have been awesome!But it was not to be as Kevin had the Factory Mazda blow up in front of me,and handed it to me..
I lost 4th a few laps later but my car was so good as the fuel drained off,it was still in the 10's and 11's..No mistakes..just had to bring her home..Bill had a great race as Antoine said,in the nasty Porsche and Kevin enjoyed watching the Frank/Antoine battle for 3rd..Frank and Antoine were strong and his desk troubles -along with kevin and I drafting together gave us the ability to save fuel and dictate the pace..Jim had a nice 5th with an Ill handling porsches..Larry is always strong in Trans Am..very happy to be a part in their enjoyment of Racing here..Alex anmd Karel were worries for me also!It was a large,yet stong field from top to bottom..troy Null has come so far with running 15fps at the start..Doug and Guy were well prepared but Racing luck was not in their favor!Jerry Huffman ran great as a new applicant at our league...I think he'll be strong in 2010..Alaster has brought it the last 2 races cheers GJ!Theres more to mention as I hear about your races!Felt bad for Damian but Happy for Antoine..It made for an Exciting season! :drink: cheers Twisted Evil :top: :hello: :clap: :banane:
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009 - 4:47

More guys to mention,just ran outta time,for now!Is there gonna be a replay available?We don't know yet,about a rebroadcast as we're very busy..Thx!And good finsh for Jerry F. too! drunken
Back to top Go down
Guy Pitra
Rookie
Guy Pitra

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009 - 5:53

Had a great time running here at HSO cant wait for next season to start.
Plan to be back in the number 37 Toyota. Great run for Milt and most
of the FSB crew at Mexico. Despite the problems with the lap one
accident I had a good race. They fixed the motor in the pits and it
ran at about 90% until 10 to go. Congrats on the Championship
Autoine, well done. Thanks Again. G cheers :top: :clap:
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009 - 7:44

At first...thank you all for a great racing here, I ll be back in 2010 for sure! Regarding race in Mexico I wasn´t prepared as good as for Spa and unfortunately lack of luck comes too. I don´t think that speed was problem but consistence was and it brings a lot of errors, so finaly I give up very early! Before this I have fantastic race wit Antoine!! Thank you!

I blown the engine in quali, so start from last place was not a good start, but I stay in good mood because of times in practise, which were far better then I can expect after private testing. I am relly sorry, because I kicked away from track someone´s car, I decided to wait and let the car go in front of because it was without any doubts my fault! then I had some good racing and finaly I see few seconds in front of me Antoine...at the begginig I catch him relatively fast, but he was far from giving up this fight...lot of nice manouvers and overtaking each other, one of the best racing experience in GTP I ever had...after cca 10 laps of fighting I made mistake in esses and from that moment I don´t have good feeling and made a lot of mistakes which leads me to decision to give up the race...
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Andre Lagunzad
Club Driver
Andre Lagunzad

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009 - 9:47

Thanks all drivers and thanks HSO for an amazing season of endurance racing! Congrats to Antoine for taking the series championship, holding off "Godzilla" Damian's second half charge. Thanks also to FSB league; as Frank has said, the series really exploded when their drivers joined and thanks also for the exciting race broadcasts.

My season was up and down, with a crash and engine failure at the first two rounds. And then I was able to score in the next two to stay in the top ten, but I missed the next two races due to schedule conflict and technical problems. I ran well enough in the last two events for some more points and a final standing of 13th. The last lap battle with Jim Ray at Spa was certainly the highlight of my season.

I hope to see you guys on track again next year for more endurance racing. Remember, it is the endurance factor that elevates our little "hobby" into a true sport. Anybody can do a 30-45 minute sprint, but it takes a bit more to fight for two, three, or more hours. Well that's it for now, Happy Holidays and let's keep GTP alive!

---Alaster
Back to top Go down
http://blog-of-alaster.blogspot.com/
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009 - 10:10

Course difficile à Mexico, je m'y attendais...
Malgré une voiture capable d'aller asser vite sur quelques tours, ce qui m'a permis de faire le 3ème temps des qualifs,
je ne pouvais tenir le rythme sur la durée... j'ai donc perdu beaucoup de places et puis quand je me suis stabilisé à la 7ème je crois, j'ai perdu la 4ème vitesse... et là j'ai plongé au fond du classement... j'en avais mal aux pousses à force d'appuier sur les boutons pour sauter la 4 qui faisait des surrégimes... après ma déco j'étais bon dernier et au grès des abandons je suis remonté 11ème... à 5 tours des leaders.

Content d'avoir participé avec vous tous à ce beau championnat Very Happy

félicitations Antoine pour ton titre et pour l'organisation :top: :top: (pa de prob pour la poussette Wink )
Back to top Go down
Jim Ray
Club Driver
Jim Ray

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009 - 3:34

Very sorry to the #62. Got into you in T-1. Waited for a while in the esses and a freight-train of cars came through and I caused more scares by waiting on the grass. Looked like we all got going shortly after that. Once again, great racing with you gents. Although I did do my driver change to the WRONG SERVER, lol!, I still managed to have some fun and keep up with a few of you who were lapping me. Awesome drive Milt and Kevin. You guys were long gone. Atleast one of you were able to keep it at that speed for 108 laps. Great win Monster Milt. Bill had his best run in GTP. Congratulations to Antoine for the title. Good job. Tough like for Damian. We appreciate the kind words about fsb. We strive to be good sports and make minimal contact on the track. Hope we gave you guys good races. Maybe all of us combined can put in another good year of gtp fun. Should not be too hard.

I could not agree more Andre. This is a whole different animal than the sprint races. It wears you down and tests your dedication each time we take the green flag. I'll be running these as long as you'll have me. Keep up the good work. Thanks HSO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fsbracing.com/gtp.html
Troy Null
Rookie
Troy Null

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009 - 9:16

Very Happy First off like to say thanks to HSO for runnin the GTP races and allowing me to join the fun. Had a fantastic time and learned a lot about a different car. Thanks to Milt for the setup and the advise on the track. :yaa:
:drink: Congrats to Antoine on the championship and to Monster on the win at Mexico. Well done by all involved in the race and the HSO league!!! cheers cheers
:conduit: Looking foward to 2010. :champ:

T-ROY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Mexico 480km   Round 8 : Mexico 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 8 : Mexico 480km
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2