Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 7 : Spa 480km

Go down 
+15
Stewart Amos
Jerry Foehrkolb
Gil Abobeleira
Frank Verplanken
Jim Ray
Larry Krupp
Andre Lagunzad
Bill Yarbrough
Matt Watkins
Philippe Martinelli
Milt Minter Jr
Yannick Lampure
Guy Pitra
Karel Marciniszyn
Antoine de Mautor
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gil Abobeleira
Club Driver
Gil Abobeleira

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009 - 19:45

NR2003 motherf*******!!!!

I created a clean GTP installation back in June for the 24h race. Obviously, the motherf***** didn't accept that I just copy&pasted the HSO-profile from my old GTP install. Therefore I had to create a new one. But obviously, it went bezerk and I wasn't able to enter the server after Tiago exited it. :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Because of that, we lost 2 laps :doh: :doh: :doh:

Then, as I reverted to the old install, I completely forgot to copy the setup :doh: :doh: :doh: The car was so much worse to drive that I had a big shunt at Eau Rouge. Then as I entered the pitlane, I overshoot it by a big mile (I just didn't appear in front of me). After reverting, I was disqualified (logic!).

Sod it NR2003 :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009 - 20:51

Replay : ftp://91.121.135.76/NR2003/replays/HSO%20WSC%20Spa.rpy
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009 - 21:53

2 Stupid Moves by me..Pretty Self Explanitary..Very Sorry!
Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Wreckingthe55
Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Wreckingthe62 Embarassed Neutral Neutral Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jim Ray
Club Driver
Jim Ray

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009 - 22:51

Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 0000046

Antoine can fly! lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fsbracing.com/gtp.html
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Apologies for 'No-Show'   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 0:46

Hi guys,..just wanted to make my apologies for being a 'No-Show' last nite.

I Did So much want to have a Race around Spa,..as Strangely,..I have Never actually Raced GTP around what Is one of my favourite circuits.

It had been a Tough week, work wise,..with some Odd Hours involved, along with some Rather Hot weather,..although the Mind was interested,..unfortunately, this Old Body wasn't !!,.. Sleep

With the Race Starting 'Here' at 3am,..it IS a somewhat Tough Call !!,..I had tried to 'adjust' the sleeping patterns, as I Was on-line practising about the same time the day before,..but Alas,..Sleep Won 'on the Day',..sigh

Even managed to sleep in this morning,..so I guess I needed the Rest.

Anyway,..so sorry to Not Appear,..I Am sure you All had a great time anyway,...

Guess I will have to try and Make up for it at Mexico,..a Track I must admit I have never had Any Joy at,..see you all soon,.

Cheers,
Stewart
Back to top Go down
Remy Lampure
Rookie
Remy Lampure

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 11:59

Hi all

Yesterday, I had bad time with my mazda.
I began in the latest position.
Few bend later, Milt Minter hit me ( no problem it arrives for all pilots^^ Very Happy )
Later I had regulary race.
But when I left the stand I had dark flag ,thinking I was obligate to stop : I left the race server.

Sorry for my bad english

see you for the next race
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 18:29

Hi everybody...at first I must say that this mod, these cars...I love it...for me it is maybe the best simracing experience...

unfortunately...yesterday I have lot of problems with this game...from start of practise to end of the race I had 5 crashes of the game...it realy don´t like my ATI 4870 Sad

in "qualy" it was my usual problem...lost of concentration in the very beggining...I crash the car while exiting pitlane scratch but it was OK, race will be long and I know that my laptimes wasn´t bad...

then first BIG problem...game crashes cca 5 seconds before start of the race...I try to be as quick as possible and after restart I reconnect...guys were very kind and they wait for me...so the race started...in first few corners I realize that something is wrong...it was that stupid wingman profiler...it didn´t load right profile, so I must drive my group C jaguar like some bus and turn with steering wheel the same way as bus drivers do...it leads me to idea that I should make my reconnect early and load the right profile...so I did and things get the right direction...the whole stint was great! When I go back to pit after cca 30 laps I was at the second place! Pitstop wasn´t short...I get some penalty...unfortunately I don´t know why...but in fact it was still OK...I have a chance to race and get possitions back...next stint was OK again...I think I was cca 3 seconds behind leader (and one lap too of course Smile ) but fast enough and without problems...

then blue screen of death...OH SHIT! FUXXXXING PC....so I lost another lap and my mood was down...I cannot concentrate and I did some mistakes...which leads me to pit again (after I roll the car and tow it back to pits...)...and then something absolutely different...game crashed...crazy..so I come back for last two laps...

no matter how bad I finished...that second stint was great and I have a great time with GTP mod...as usual...last year with older PC we run 24h le mans with OATAS...I didn´t have any problem...no I have new, much better PC...and have lot of problems....in three hours Sad
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 21:18

That sucks Karel!You had good speed! Get that squared away and we'll see ya at The Hermanos Rodrigues in a few weeks!Too bad Remy..But it should be good T.V as we're gonna broadcast most of the action in a few hours and try to catch all the action-and there was alot!It was a crazy,exciting race!Our guys and me,really like the level of Sportsmanship and sence of fair play that your league has to offer.I'm glad that both cars I punted were able to continue and how you guys are very gracious..It's how we like to roll also!
I tend to create my own problems as I too crashed in qualifying then pushed too hard to get to the front..I know better but was too wound up!Apologies to the #55 and #62 again and I pledge to do better!The Broadcast will be fun and thanks for the opportunity!We'll leave it on all week,for sure and you can watch live in a few hrs or catch it on demand..I'll try to not butcher your names ,but I'm sure I will-LOL!Vamos A Mejico mis amigos! Embarassed Neutral Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 11:13

Broadcast is on the air! :conduit: http://www.fsbracing.com/
Back to top Go down
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 12:48

Wow !!!

Having downloaded the Replay,..What a Race !!

Congrats to Damien!,..some Great times!,..all race,..phew

There was some Great racing and Dicing going on at times all through the Field !!
Really Makes me annoyed that I Didn't Race.

It's Odd really, I have enjoyed driving around Spa in Various SIM's, (the amount of laps in an Alfa GTV in GTL,..lol), but, I had Never spent very much time with Any of the GTP cars around Spa.
Initially when practising, I could Not find a setup I was Happy with.

Then due to work etc, I had done very little practice until the other night and Found a setup I was happy with 'driveability-wise',..but I was concerned I was Not all that Quick, but as it turned out I had a car that was (well for me anyway,..lol), apparently 'On the Pace',..DOH !,..isn't it always the way !?,..Oh well,...lol

Guess I will have to go do a bunch of Laps around Mexico, as I Really Need to get the 'Hang' of that track, let alone find a setup!

Great Driving and racing guys,..Wish I had been there.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 16:13

Tout s'est très bien passé pour moi samedi... jusqu'au 64 ème tour affraid

En effet le premier run de 33 tours était très bon avec un rythme correct qui me plaçait en 4 ème position derrière des adversaires que je ne suis pas capable d'aller chercher à la régulière. Je me suis même retrouvé en tête de la course au grès des décos.

Après ma déco j'étais dans le même tour que les 3 premiers mais ils n'ont pas tardé à me dépasser et j'ai retrouvé ma 4ème place.

Je savais que si je restais à moins de trois tours du leader il faudrait que je fasse un ravitaillement essence à quelques tours de l'arrivée car il n'était pas possible de faire plus de 33 ou maxi 34 tours avec le plein (en gardant un bon rythme).
J'ai donc pité au 64ème (sans changement de pneus). Je suis arrivé un peu trop vite dans les stands et j'ai du faire une petite marche arrière pour me positionner au panneau et j'ai pris une pénalité de 25 ou 30 secondes dont je n'ai pas d'explication (quasiment toutes les voitures en ont pris une il me semble... Antoine nous dira pourquoi Question ).
Je suis donc reparti des stands "un peu énervé" alors que je n'avais aucun souçi à me faire puisque j'avais une très bonne avance sur la voiture derrière moi et qu'il ne restait que 4 tours à effectuer...

Je sorts des pits je laisse passer une voiture qui arrive à ce moment-là et je file vers "les Combes". Je n'ai pas été assez prudent car j'avais les pneus de droites assez usés (puisque pas changés pour pas perdre trop de temps) et froids puisque pénalité... dans le gauche des Combes je pars en glisse et me retrouve en sans inverse sur la piste, je mets la première et prends par l'herbe sur ma droite pour faire demi-tour et me remettre à l'endroit, la voiture glisse jusqu'au "murets en chewing-gum" qui interdisent de couper la chicane et je reste englué dans ces PUT~..... de MER~..... de murets... Evil or Very Mad :grrr: Impossible de sortire de là (regardez sur le replay si vous voulez vous marrer?).

Résultat 10ème, je suis un peu dégouté d'avoir bien bagarré pendant plus de deux heures de course et d'avoir tout foiré à 1/4 d'heure de l'arrivée... GTP est ainsi, il ne pardonne rien :doh:

A oui j'oubliai... pour Milt qui m'a accroché en début de course à la source et qui s'excuse, "no prob Milt".

Pour F. V. (il se reconnaitra) qui semble apprécer particulièrement l'arrière de ma germano-suissesse, puisque au 42ème tour il me percute 2 fois à l'arrière...
Même si je suis capable de m'éliminer moi-même comme je vous l'ai raconté plus haut, ce n'est pas nécessaire de risquer de ruiner la course de ses adversaires prématurément comme si on était seul en piste?
GTP est assez difficile pour ne pas en rajouter...
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 17:00

T'aurais pas pu appeler le tow truck Philippe quand t'étais planté aux combes ?
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 17:35

Je l'ai fait Gui, mais un peu tard... j'ai tenté de me sortir du chewing-gum plusieurs fois et puis j'ai appelé le truck mais il y avait 6 minutes de pénalisation (le temps de ramener la voiture bien sur)...
Si je l'avais fait immédiatement je pouvais peut-être espérer finir 6 ou 7ème?
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 17:53

Philippe Martinelli wrote:

Tu aurais surtout pu finir tout court Sad Comme tu etais dans les stands au moment ou le leader à franchi l'arrivée, tu n'as pas franchi la ligne en roulant et tu ne peux donc pas prétendre au point de la 10ème place... Désolé pour ca, le reglement c'est le règlement... Neutral

J'avais les boules pour toi en te voyant coincé dans le muret à chaque tour (et si pres de l'arrivée!) j'ai failli m'arreter pour t'envoyer un message privé pour te dire d'appeler le tow truck, mais j'étais chassé par Matt et je ne pouvais pas me le permettre, désolé vraiment Sad

Tu as vraiment fait une superbe perf et j'espère que tu seras mieux récompensé à Mexico !
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 18:09

Amazing broadcast Milt !! Just watching it ATM, accurate comments and good choice of footage, action-packed all the way !! U got the pronounciation right for every names I guess, except for Gil which I think is meant to be pronounced "Jill" :hum: Anyway, great stuff ! :top:

Great race for me, even of the result could have been way better. Had an awful start with 3 spins in the first two laps scratch Was down to 11th and had to make my way up to 2nd as fast as I could. Damian was already more than a minute clear !

Had a nice second stint, and a proper disconection. Didn't use KillNR as it screwed my computer last time in England, so I sticked to the good old ctrl - 5 times which I think is more stable when you're supposed to take over after yourself.

Was second to an uncatchable Damian despite his problems, and then I lost 3rd and 5th (!) gears, and slowed down a lot because of that. Eventually spun twice, allowing Milt to get through to 2nd place, well done on this third 2nd-place finish in a row mate :top:

I'm cool with third, but I've now got a very shallow lead over Damian in the points scoring, and since I scored six times already, he just has to finish on the podium in Mexico to clinch the title, even if I win (which I highly doubt, he is so fast scratch)

Anyway, thank you all again for this great moment of endurance racing, hope than those who had some bad luck will make it up and Mexico, bring on the season finale !!
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009 - 18:20

Oh BTW, I owe an apology to everyone that was penalized in the pits (me included :hihi:), I thought it was possible to enter the pits after the hairpin without an .ini tweak, but in fact it wasn't, so just wanted to let everyone know that I am very sorry about giving a false instruction during the race meeting. Fortunately everybody received a penalty so nobody actually were denied a better finish position because of that !
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009 - 15:06

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
Philippe Martinelli wrote:

Tu aurais surtout pu finir tout court Sad Comme tu etais dans les stands au moment ou le leader à franchi l'arrivée, tu n'as pas franchi la ligne en roulant et tu ne peux donc pas prétendre au point de la 10ème place... Désolé pour ca, le reglement c'est le règlement... Neutral

J'avais les boules pour toi en te voyant coincé dans le muret à chaque tour (et si pres de l'arrivée!) j'ai failli m'arreter pour t'envoyer un message privé pour te dire d'appeler le tow truck, mais j'étais chassé par Matt et je ne pouvais pas me le permettre, désolé vraiment Sad

Tu as vraiment fait une superbe perf et j'espère que tu seras mieux récompensé à Mexico !

Pas de problème pour moi Antoine, le règlement est le règlement.

J'ai de toutes façons pris beaucoup de plaisir à cette course, jusqu'au tour 64, mais cela c'est la course aussi...

Félicitations pour ta deuxième place (avec 2 vitesses en moins, incroyable :top: ).

Rendez-vous sous le soleil de Mexico Wink
Back to top Go down
Jim Ray
Club Driver
Jim Ray

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 3:13

Thanks for the fun race. It was great mixing it up early on with a few of you. I self destructed halfway though after the pit stop problems but salvaged a good finish. Thanks also for the kind words about our broadcasting. Milt is outstanding behind the mic. He studied a while too. Can't wait for mexico. good thing we don't have to wait long. lol

We have increased our support for this fantastic mod and have a few guys chomping at the bit for 2010.

Long live GTP! :drink:
Back to top Go down
http://www.fsbracing.com/gtp.html
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 11:00

Jim Ray wrote:
We have increased our support for this fantastic mod and have a few guys chomping at the bit for 2010.

Long live GTP! :drink:

Great to read ! Antoine has a helluva project for 2010... but I'm not supposed to talk about it ^.^ !
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 20:36

Hey, general question here, don't know where else to ask it...

Will you be running another season of this, next year or something?

I really would love to part take in this, if there's another season coming. Seeing as Mexico is a week from Saturday, I don't think I'll be ready to run by then.
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 20:44

There WILL be a GTP series next year, and you will be very welcome to take part in it Wink

However, I can't tell yet what championship it is going to be :hum:
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 21:54

AWESOME!I can't wait! :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Jerry Foehrkolb
Rookie
Jerry Foehrkolb

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Dec 2009 - 2:11

I'm ready not so sure if my computer agrees. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 : Spa 480km   Round 7 : Spa 480km - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 : Spa 480km
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2