HSO 1966 Formula 3-races - Initial Presentation
To offer some limited HSO activity in 2021, we propose to keep it simple and stick to (as good as) vanilla rF2 content. This will bring us back to 1966 and the competitive world of Formula 3-racing.
We will thus organize some races with the 1966 F3-cars that ship with rF2: the EVE F3 and the Spark F3. Even if these cars bear fictional names, it is no big secret that they are very similar to the Matra and Tecno F3-cars of the era.
Even if the races organized will not duplicate a real life championship, each race will nevertheless reflect a real life 1966 F3-race. Not organizing a full championship also reflects what we are aiming for at this stage: provide an opportunity to have an enjoyable evening of sim-racing amongst gentlemen drivers.
Even if it is racing, and being faster than other drivers thus remains the objective, competition is not our main aim. Winning, fastest laps and so on are thus not what we are looking for. An evening of classic sim-racing amongst gentlemen is.
So, even if not 100% historically accurate, we will still try to have you relive some of the glorious racing in the past.
We are still finalizing the last details, but below you can already find the main information as it currently stands.Initial schedule
We will start with three races, namely:
- On 7 February 2021: the Gran Premio FISA 1966 - Monza's (Brianza's) junior lay-out - 65 laps - max cars: 30
- On 7 March 2021: the Hockenheim Grosser Preis für Tourenwagen - Formel 3 - Hockenheim's long lay-out - 15 laps - max cars: 28
- On 28 March 2021: the Peter Sellers Trophy - Crystal Palace - 25 laps - max cars: 24
If there is sufficient interest for these races, we may follow them up with another series of races.Registration
- The series is free and open to all HSO members.
- As with all HSO races, nicknames are not allowed on the server, whether in training or during a race meeting.Car Attribution
- Additional skins for the EVE and Spark F3-cars are currently being finalized and should result in about 30 cars. Once ready, we will make these available as a separate mod for rFactor2.
- Everyone will be free to chose one of the cars in that mod. Only the following applies:
- you enter each of the three races to which you participate with the same car. There will thus be no changing of cars from one race to another;
- you can only pick cars that have not been picked by someone else earlier.
- The number of registrations is in principle unlimited. Therefore, if all cars are picked, each car may be chosen a second time.
- Once the mod is available, we will open a registration thread where you will be able to choose a car.
- Should registrations exceed the maximum number of car slots for a track (as listed above), we will decide and communicate then how to deal with that, taking into account, amongst others, by how much registrations the maximum number of cars is exceeded. Lap-times on Liveracers (see below) may be used as a criterion or some kind of heat-races may be organized.Points system
- The points system for the Final, the main race, is inspired by the points system most often used for racing series of the era. Points will be attributed to the first 6 classified cars: 9-6-4-3-2-1.
- Only drivers having covered at least 90% of the laps covered by the race winner will be classified.
- Whenever 90% of the total number of laps results in a number with decimals, the decimals will be disregarded.The Races
- Races will be held on Sunday evenings (all times CET, Paris Time) :
7:30pm - Qualifying session (60 minutes, unlimited number of laps)
8:30pm – Briefing and Warm-Up
8:45pm - Start of the race (duration around one hour or shorter)Starting Procedure
- Starts will be given standing, after one formation lap.Server
Thanks to Paul Daniels, we have a test server up and running. The server should rotate the three first tracks.
- Server name : !!HSO Test
- Server password : HSO2021
- Server I.P. : 184.108.40.206:64297
- Timing chart is here.
- Paul also made a Teamspeak server available for those who want a chat:
- I.P. is 220.127.116.11
- Password: EVE
You can already use the server for practice with both the EVE- and Spark-car. Once the additional skins ready, they will also be uploaded to the server. The races will also run on this server.HSO Sporting Rules
See Appendix H of the HSO Sporting Code for details on general rules applying to this series.
We hope that all who participate will have fun and look forward to welcome you on track.To tease you a bit: screenshot of the HSO F3 skin-pack at Montjuic - W.I.P.