Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interested Aussie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Interested Aussie Empty
PostSubject: Interested Aussie   Interested Aussie Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009 - 4:14

Hi Antoine, and Others,.. Smile

Having only recently rebuilt my Gaming machine,..I Too would be interested in doing some of these races.
I guess, like everyone else here, I Still enjoy Redline's GTP Smile

I was hoping to have gotten things together in time to do the LeMans race,..(Having come So close, but Never finished,..sigh,..lol).

Due to many things, I have been Out of Sim racing for a while. I used to race with ASRG, then TripleP, usually with Vance Le Guarde.
We ran quite a few of the Endurance races, with SSCA, then OATAS etc, running in the 'Lights' class.

I'm Certainly NOT in The Brendan and Esben class,..lol, but Can 'Motor Along' OK,..lol

Mind you,..finding a suitable 'Aussie' Team mate might prove difficult, as I am Not aware of Anyone still running races for GTP here, (that was part of the reason We entered the Overseas races), as there was Only a small handful of guys even remotely interested, after GTR and then rFactor came out.

I have contaced Vance, but he doesn't want to do any Sim racing until his House is finished,..so at the Moment,..it looks like I might have to run by myself,..which might Not be Too bad in this series, (being somewhat shorter distances).

I grabbed Hockenheim and have been running one of the Jags #14 Porsche, (a 1.53.6 my best), but have also tried a Mazda #22 Spice and although Not as fast (1.55's and 56's), it feels pretty comfortable and like someone else commented, I Might be able to Manage it's Tyres better,..lol

My Only concern is speed and stability of my Internet connection, so perhaps I could jump on the server sometime and make sure I am within acceptable parameters, (No Warping etc), hopefully all will be well.

Anyway,...just thought I'd say Hi to all I have raced with previously and express my interest.

Cheers, Stewart Amos Very Happy

Oh sorry I Meant to 'Reply' in the Interested Thread, Not start a New Post,..Doh!
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Interested Aussie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested Aussie   Interested Aussie Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009 - 12:40

Hello Stewart, and welcome Wink

Races start at 02.am Sidney Time, if that doesn't scare you affraid , then pick a car among those left (not much as you saw, only #14 and #22). Very Happy

Running alone isn't that much of a handicap, especially for the Hockenheim race who will be very short, but it can be pretty tiring in longer runs (for example Jarama lasted 3h30, pretty exhausting when racing alone Shocked )

To test your connection on our server, check http://historicsimracing.123.st/1989-world-sportscar-championship-f14/training-t117.htm Wink

Looking forward to racing with you !!
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Interested Aussie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested Aussie   Interested Aussie Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 7:44

Hi again Antoine and thanks for the welcome.

2AM !!,..Eeeek,.!!,..Smile,...
Well,..actually that Time Doesn't really worry me, as I have had a life spent in the entertainment/music industry, so am kinda used to Late nights,..although,..as I get Older,..it seems to take longer to get over it!,..lol
That last LeMans I did sure took it out of me,..lol

As to running alone,..Yeah,..as these races aren't All that long,..I figured I just Might be able to do it 'at a pinch', but Hockenheim should be OK.

Interestingly, would seem my 'Chat' with Vance recently, may have awoken a 'spark of interest' in him as well, as he called me to say he will have his machine set up soon,..so perhaps Vance May be able to join me for some of the remaining rounds and perhaps the longer vader trophy races as well.
Guess we will have to see what transpires.

Unbelievably though, I Also have a D3/Retro Slot car race earlier on the same evening! So I will Certainly have had my Fill of 'alternate' forms of Motor Sport by Dawn !! Smile

Thank you for the Practice server link as well,..I got on line the other nite and ran a bit more than a tank's worth, (checking Tyre temps as well), and All seemed very stable and connected immediately!, so That 'Bodes well'.

Have been practicing with Both cars and would be happy to run a Mazda,.I thought, as I haven't run a Jag before, I might give that a go.
I Might live to regret the choice!,..lol,..but perhaps by taking advantage of the 'Gentleman's agreement', I might atleast manage to have cars Behind me as well as in front of me!,..lol Plus I finally found a setup that seems smooth and stable and relatively quick and allows me to keep the tyres OK as well,..so,..I guess, Chalk me down for the #14 Car.

I Have been practicing, but as noted, it Has been a while since I competed,..so am More than Happy to Start at the Back of the Grid. I Know my Limitations!,...lol and will be performing MMNo KamiKaze manouvrers, in an attempt to Win etc.
I'm just Happy to hve a run ,..and 'Get back Into it' as such.

Anyway,..see how things go.

Might try and get online again when some others are on to check stability etc prior to the event.

Once again Thanks.
See you 'On Track' soon.

Regards,
Stewart
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Interested Aussie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested Aussie   Interested Aussie Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 8:24

Great stuff Stewart!Had fun practicing today with ya!Gonna be a good race! :banane:
Back to top Go down
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Interested Aussie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested Aussie   Interested Aussie Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 15:11

Thanks Milt,..Yes it Was,..a Very Good Practice session,..Exactly what I needed !! Smile

Didn't do Too well in the D3 slot car race,..Qualified into the Semi, Made the Main, but chose to start on the Two hard outside lanes and the race was SO Close, I never got out of 7th !!! 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th, ALL Finished on the Same Lap !!!
Was Great Fun as usual though!

Looking forward to the race!
Smile
Great to chat again.
see ya on track
Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Interested Aussie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested Aussie   Interested Aussie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interested Aussie