Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1979 Formula 1 - Entry List

Go down 
+41
Ben Paulet
Filip Fojt
Riccardo Mastroeni
Francesco Bonardi
Antonio Atzeni
Petr Hlavac
Vadim Taciak
Matthias Weber
Tomáš Matoušek
François Violet
Gio Nuvoli
Evgeniy Fomin
Alberto Ibañez
Georgy Koltsov
Brian Janik
Mario Gassner
Greg Hunt
Vladislav Zenkov
Paulo Rodrigues
Mario Andreoni
Paul Velasco
Adam Hackman
Arturo Pereira
Michal Janak
Mick Chapman
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Jan Kowalski
David Jundt
Florkin Marc
Steve Parker
Vaclav Burda
Gérard Ryon
Karel Marciniszyn
Honza Mild
Bruno Chacon
Mike Becnel
Claudio Navonne
Dan Faas
Andre Cunha
Timo Vermeersch
Frank Verplanken
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Feb 2020 - 23:10

Vadim Taciak wrote:
Nice. A real dumpster fire of a car that is.
This will be fun :D

You can spray paint in Rossa Corsa red and slap some Ferrari stickers on it. I am sure that will add 10 to 20 HP lol!
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Feb 2020 - 22:43

Can I ask something?

I just noticed the car stats below the entry list(I guess I was blind not noticing it before).

Is the weight of the car shown including the driver(with an average weight added of 75 kg)? I am surprised the (works) Lotus is one of the heaviest cars on the grid, even though updated. Only the ATS and the... McLaren(?!) are heavier, and that by a team that was famous for following the idea of as lightweight as possible.

I am guessing that the Rebaque Lotus, being older, is even worse in terms of weight then, although the stats seem to be united with the works cars(which doesn't seem to qwuite add up as it's quite a lot worse).

Also, the McLaren M29 is shown as weighting 700 kilos, which would make it the heaviest car! An online search says it weights 586 kilos, and if we add a driver of 75 kg, it would be 665 kilos, which seems more likely as cars like the Wolf and the Fittipaldi come in at both 665 kilogramm.

Are the car specs taken directly from the mod?

Just my observations Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Vadim Taciak
Club Driver

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Feb 2020 - 23:04

The 700kg applies for the first version of the McLaren. The latest version is 665 with driver.
The M29 is the last of the decent cars, be sure of that.

Tier 1 is:
Williams FW07
Ferrari T4
Lotus 79 (80 is worse)
Ligier

Tier 1.5:
Tyrell
McLaren m29
Renault latest (turbo lag - sometimes Tier 1)
Brabham BT49 + Alfa

Tier 2:
Wolf
Rebaque
Ensign and all the other dumpster fires

Stats are sometimes wrong since they only show the first version of some cars.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Feb 2020 - 23:28

Vadim Taciak wrote:
The M29 is the last of the decent cars, be sure of that.

I'd take it any day Razz

Vadim Taciak wrote:
The 700kg applies for the first version of the McLaren. The latest version is 665 with driver.

So... the mod features the "best/latest" version, right? I guess that goes for all cars of the mod, just the best version possible? Not sure why the car stats then mention the worst version.

Vadim Taciak wrote:
Tier 1 is:
Williams FW07
Ferrari T4
Lotus 79 (80 is worse)
Ligier

Tier 1.5:
Tyrell
McLaren m29
Renault latest (turbo lag - sometimes Tier 1)
Brabham BT49 + Alfa

Tier 2:
Wolf
Rebaque
Ensign and all the other dumpster fires

Well, the 80 isn't in the mod here so that's that.

And the stats on the first page don't even seperate the Rebaque from the Team Lotus cars, which should be the case since it performs quite a lot worse.

The Wolf is still Tier 2?

If it should suck as much as the Rebaque at tracks like Buenos Aires, then something's wrong since Greg qualified over 3 seconds ahead of me. Apparently it doesn't suck that much.

Or I suck more than I thought :langue:
Back to top Go down
Vadim Taciak
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2020 - 4:54

Well actually there should be a 3rd tier for all the shipwrecks. I am lazy and hardly drove them since nobody would be so crazy to let ppl. drive ... ..... wait .....hi HSO :D

Tier 1.75 for Wolf. It is miles better then the Rebaque. If I remember correctly it is just the cutoff point between all the "desireable" cars and the dumpster fires.

Stat wise this mod always had problems.
McLaren weight of 700kg is correct for the very first version M28 which looked completly different (the historic mod version had FOUR McLarens - the M29 being the only proper, lighter, new design)

For the similarities statwise to the 79 and some smaller teams: they bought Lotus 79's and made it their entry - not having any knowledge of groundeffect and other trickery only the factory Lotus had. VERY missleading - I agree.

So don't worry - its not you - there is crazy gaps between some cars competitiveness and all around abilities.

Legends-League had awesome downforce spread sheets.
All posts are gone which is a shame.
I ll say that much - the Williams FW09 generates more DF with 1 1 wing then the dumpster fire cars with a lot of wing / plus drag.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2020 - 6:33

I would like to credit Vadim with adding a new completely “school friendly” phrase to my fine collection of curse words and curse word substitutes: dumpster fire (dump-stir fy-ir) definitions 1. Vadim’s car 2. Something HSO should have buried in the kitty litter long ago 3. A piece of sh— 4. A car you take to build character while sacrificing small rodents every week in hopes the absence gods cause someone to drop a tier 1 or 2 car and Mike forgets to drink his coffee before assigning it to your speedy a$$. 5. Crazy women who you hopefully realized were crazy women before they jet your parents. Synonym: Merzario

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sun 9 Feb 2020 - 18:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vadim Taciak
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2020 - 8:12

Hahahahahaha Mike....hahaha
I tend to use it for crazy women, you could make that your fifth point.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2020 - 17:04

Vadim Taciak wrote:
Well actually there should be a 3rd tier for all the shipwrecks. I am lazy and hardly drove them since nobody would be so crazy to let ppl. drive ...   ..... wait .....hi HSO :D

1. Tier 1.75 for Wolf. It is miles better then the Rebaque. If I remember correctly it is just the cutoff point between all the "desireable" cars and the dumpster fires.

2. Stat wise this mod always had problems.
McLaren weight of 700kg is correct for the very first version M28 which looked completly different (the historic mod version had FOUR McLarens - the M29 being the only proper, lighter, new design)

3. For the similarities statwise to the 79 and some smaller teams: they bought Lotus 79's and made it their entry - not having any knowledge of groundeffect and other trickery only the factory Lotus had. VERY missleading - I agree.

So don't worry - its not you - there is crazy gaps between some cars competitiveness and all around abilities.

1. That is very problematic to me, since I wanted to race Greg in the title fight(initially, since I heard he was coming back and one of the fastest drivers HSO has ever had) which was basically one of the arguements/points in deciding to take part for me. If we can't race close to each other, then what gives? Sad

2. I think you missed the issue I had with this. The M28 was never part of the league mod being used here, right? They why do the stats show those of the M28 when it's only the M29 that is running here? Seems a bit misleading.

I had to look up a F1 car database instead to see the correct weight of the M29.

3. Well, I just think the car performance is based too much on Rebaque's team incapabilities like maintenance and setup or Hector's (inferior) driving skills at the time.

Even if it was chassis 1(to which I couldn't find any entry here: https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/sn/278/Lotus-79-Cosworth.html but saw a video that Classic Team Lotus was restoring it in 2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwQqZnJHdAA), I'd say the car itself had more capabilities than team and driver showed.
Back to top Go down
Vadim Taciak
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2020 - 19:05

2. And yet still it shows the weight of the first M28

Was faulty back then and still is. Just a mistake by the modders plane and simple.
I got your point :D - but don't ask me to learn to code to explain it in technical terms.

3. I agree. Would call that realistic - the just didnt perform that well. Pleanty of unknown reasons.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2020 - 19:13

Vadim Taciak wrote:

Was faulty back then and still is. Just a mistake by the modders plane and simple.
I got your point :D - but don't ask me to learn to code to explain it in technical terms.

3. I agree. Would call that realistic - the just didnt perform that well. Pleanty of unknown reasons.

I don't necessarily mean the modder there. If Frank or Mike knew it was wrong, they could look up the correct weight of the M29(or all cars, either with or without driver weight since I am a bit confused as to what is meant) and put that in.

But it was pretty doubtful anyway that the M29 would be heavier than the awful Merzario :D

3. That wouldn't work though if it was Zunino or Rebaque at Brabham, since they got schooled in a much better car as Piquet showed. So I am quite sure they didn't do the car justice.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2020 - 19:54

David Jundt wrote:
Vadim Taciak wrote:

I don't necessarily mean the modder there. If Frank or Mike knew it was wrong, they could look up the correct weight of the M29(or all cars, either with or without driver weight since I am a bit confused as to what is meant) and put that in.

But it was pretty doubtful anyway that the M29 would be heavier than the awful Merzario :D

3. That wouldn't work though if it was Zunino or Rebaque at Brabham, since they got schooled in a much better car as Piquet showed. So I am quite sure they didn't do the car justice.

I have a new phrase for you to learn, "Choose your battles."
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2020 - 19:57

Well, the Rebaque wasn't on my official picks so I never chose it really.

And you knew I was mostly here for a battle against Greg, sadly he's got a car that is several seconds faster per lap...
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2020 - 19:59

That is not what I meant. Perhaps I should be more direct: 1. The whole weight on a chart thing is likely off a bit but it is not a high priority, more like new curtains when we are still working on the house's foundations in other areas.

Also - Greg is getting more out of his car then you are. Period. Go practice and play with weird parts of setups.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2020 - 22:25

Mike Becnel wrote:
Also - Greg is getting more out of his car then you are. Period. Go practice and play with weird parts of setups.

In other words, the setup possibilities of the cars can be totally illogical through physic flaws in the mod? Oh, that's great... :hihi:

Mike, you might've missed it after crashing out, but Greg came from 45s back after losing a wing and accumulating damage to his car(as he said himself), I drove the wheels off my car, but he still caught me and disappeared up the road, the gap in performance is simply to big to make up just like that. Vadim apparently has more insight into the mod than we do, otherwise he wouldn't divide the cars like that.

Historic Interlagos requires a bit more driving finesse so I hope I can cover the shortcomings of the car and race Greg. The first race was zero fun and two hours of boredom isn't what I am after Sad
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Feb 2020 - 12:16

David Jundt wrote:

If it should suck as much as the Rebaque at tracks like Buenos Aires, then something's wrong since Greg qualified over 3 seconds ahead of me. Apparently it doesn't suck that much.

Or I suck more than I thought :langue:

David Jundt wrote:

1. That is very problematic to me, since I wanted to race Greg in the title fight(initially, since I heard he was coming back and one of the fastest drivers HSO has ever had) which was basically one of the arguements/points in deciding to take part for me. If we can't race close to each other, then what gives? Sad

David Jundt wrote:
Well, the Rebaque wasn't on my official picks so I never chose it really.

And you knew I was mostly here for a battle against Greg, sadly he's got a car that is several seconds faster per lap...

David Jundt wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:

Mike, you might've missed it after crashing out, but Greg came from 45s back after losing a wing and accumulating damage to his car(as he said himself), I drove the wheels off my car, but he still caught me and disappeared up the road, the gap in performance is simply to big to make up just like that. Vadim apparently has more insight into the mod than we do, otherwise he wouldn't divide the cars like that.

Historic Interlagos requires a bit more driving finesse so I hope I can cover the shortcomings of the car and race Greg. The first race was zero fun and two hours of boredom isn't what I am after Sad

David i have a question for you , do you dream about me?  :hum:   in each of your posts you talk about me.  Shocked

so , I don't know but,  take a drink , a smoke , "fuck " or make love to ( your wife , girlfriend , boyfriend ) or who you want but  please forgot me a little bit , it will be kind , and maybe you will be a little bit faster ....

anyway ,no worries mate , this year if Vladislav keep the Lotus all around the championship  , we couldn't do anything against him at all the races . so be relax .

As a reminber , in 2013 we were teamate at Minardi in F1 1991 Championship , one of us has won the championship , and the other one has finished 6th , one of us has made 13 podiums on 16 races , 6 wins and  102 points at the end of championship and the other one only 1 podium and 28 points ... and if my memory is good , a lot of races I lapped you with the same car ...

so stay cool , I m older and not the same " Alien Greg" than before  :papy:  :papy: with no time for practise .  :urgence:  :drink:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Feb 2020 - 14:54

David - you want things, I want things, we all want things. Thing is, we can't always get what we want.

So far we've had four races this year, you started in every four of them and finished on the podium in every four of them. Yet, you are still complaining Rolling Eyes - what is wrong with this picture ? Hate to break it to you, but we can't all have a car to fight for the win in every race. That is the nature of racing, especially simracing à la HSO. Everybody seems to have understood that except you.

Truth is you are probably too focused on winning. HSO is not about winning races, it's about the challenge of doing the best you can with the car you have, and having a good time while doing so. Look at Vadim, I'm sure he likes winning as much as you or me. He's having a ball with the Merzario though. You should try that - having a ball - because so far all your race reports feel like you're telling us about your latest root canal, not your latest simrace...

My advice to you is you should adjust your mentality to HSO's, because the other way around won't happen for sure. Seems you are never happy, and at this rate you never will be. We're treating you fairly, same as every other member, and if what we do works for them then it should be good enough for you. So clearly, we can't do anything more for you at this point, but you can.

Whether you adjust or not is your affair, but in the meantime we'd be grateful if you could please quit whining constantly on the forum and bitching and moaning about your car, the mod, or this or that. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Vadim Taciak
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Feb 2020 - 20:00

I once was fast and a great simracer just like you guys - but then I took an arrow to the knee.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Feb 2020 - 20:06

i was once too very very fast but then i woke up and go to work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2020-01-01

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Feb 2020 - 20:24

The older I get the faster I was...
Back to top Go down
https://www.grandprix247.com/
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Feb 2020 - 20:40

Paul Velasco wrote:

cheers
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Feb 2020 - 0:35

Paul Velasco wrote:

Now that is truth on 4 wheels!
Back to top Go down
Dan Faas
Club Driver
Dan Faas

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2019-11-25

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Feb 2020 - 2:07

Vadim Taciak wrote:
I once was fast and a great simracer just like you guys - but then I took an arrow to the knee.

My favorite sim racing quote of the year.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Feb 2020 - 2:56

I propose we put David in Vadim’s patented dumpster fire for one race and watch him beg for his old ride back Twisted Evil lol! 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 1623587389
Back to top Go down
Vadim Taciak
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Feb 2020 - 4:40

Ok...after getting the firmware updated for the CSR Wheel (only took 2 hours - stupid) I did a 2:23.2 on a faulty lap in the Ferrari T4.

Then I tried the Mezario and I quickly came up with some nicknames - also I found a pro -》
- Sounds great

Nicknames:

- The Apex Redemption
- The real Ninja Turd(le)
- World Champion 77
- The 48 Laws of Slow
- Good things come to those who wait
- Understeer Archipelago
- DuckDuckSlow
- Greta van Turndurd
- Slöewing 737-Max
- Beverly Hills Slob I - III
-
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Feb 2020 - 23:51

Vadim Taciak wrote:
Ok...after getting the firmware updated for the CSR Wheel (only took 2 hours - stupid) I did a 2:23.2 on a faulty lap in the Ferrari T4.

Then I tried the Mezario and I quickly came up with some nicknames - also I found a pro -》
- Sounds great

Nicknames:

- The Apex Redemption
- The real Ninja Turd(le)
- World Champion 77
- The 48 Laws of Slow
- Good things come to those who wait
- Understeer Archipelago
- DuckDuckSlow
- Greta van Turndurd
- Slöewing 737-Max
- Beverly Hills Slob I - III
-

Just keep it simple in the vertical plane:

Sloth
Headache
Infuriating
Terrible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1979 Formula 1 - Entry List   1979 Formula 1 - Entry List - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1979 Formula 1 - Entry List
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next