Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON

Go down 
+13
Matias Estrela
Christian Dauger
Oyvind Andersen
Mike Becnel
Mick Chapman
Jason Whited
David Sabre
Grant Riddall
Frank Verplanken
Bruno Chacon
Juha Bos
Jacob Fredriksson
Richard Coxon
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 9:01

Dear fellow simracers,

It is with a heavy heart that we, the current moderators and broadcast team at HSO (Alberto, Richard C, Richard W, Juha, Jonatan and Jason) have to announce that we have been unable to reach a satisfactory middle ground with the HSO Founders with regards to the future of the league.

We have been running this league with passion for four years now and had lots of fun, creating what we believe and hope are some signature mods and developing a profound affection and fond memories of it. Sadly, this journey has come to a sudden halt.

However, this doesn't mean the end for the current team. We have decided to revamp our side project, International Simracing Organisation, and continue there with all the projects we already had going on, running our championships and open races that had been originally planned for HSO.

We want you all to share the fun and join us in our new home. The racing program for 2020 is already decided and we know some of you are already registered, so don't hesitate to have a look and keep an eye out for future announcements.

See you soon on track!
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 9:12

I don't understand much at all, but I sure know that I want to continue racing with this core-group of simracers, may it be on HSO or ISO.

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 9:18

To put it very simple: We (Alberto, Richard C & W, Jonatan, Jason and myself) will continue what we did here, but in a different place.

What will happen to HSO is for its founders to decide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 12:11

For sure I will keep running with you, I have no reason to do anything other than that.
The copetence and professionalism of your work that I have witnessed for the past 2 ½ years is exemplary.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 12:47

If you want to look at the bright side of things, all you historic simracing lovers will have two great places to race in next year instead of one Smile !

We are in the process of re-organising the HSO admin team at the moment, things are going well and we already have the basis of a strong team. We are exploring many options as far as events go, but there is still time to cook up something tasty for 2020, no need to rush things.

We will keep you updated in the coming weeks, but meanwhile please continue to enjoy your season of racing. Whatever happened behind the scenes, there is no need for drama. We are not fighting for custody of our members, obviously everybody is free to race where they want and like I said surely there is enough room in this world for two cool historic simracing leagues :top: !

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 13:11

Bruno Chacon wrote:

For sure I will keep running with you, I have no reason to do anything other than that.
The copetence and professionalism of your work that I have witnessed for the past 2 ½ years is exemplary.

100% agree Bruno,

What you guys pull off is second to none! Being admin of a previous league I was in I can safely say your organisation and attention to detail, be it how the league is run to the mod’s you create for us, is simply stunning, and I for one will follow that for sure!
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 15:20

I'll also be moving over to ISO, we have a great team and I want to be part of it.
I've nothing against HSO but I don't think I'll have the time to stay here. But I could maybe do a race or two. scratch
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 16:11

Not really the type of news I wanted to see today (or any day, for that matter)...but ok.

I'm already part of ISO, and will continue to race there with the group I've come to know here at HSO.

I admire the work and efforts of the current admin crew (and modders, and broadcast guys...all of you) and I will continue to support them in their efforts.

There is content that has been given to us by the likes of Alberto, Richard W, David S, Jason, and I'm sure others that I'm not aware of....content that I cannot find elsewhere. Content that doesn't necessarily appeal to those who just want grippy modern cars and quick pick up style racing. Content that only a chosen few will truly see the value and artistry of.

THAT is why I am here. And if it is elsewhere I must go to find it, then there I will go.

No offense at all intended towards HSO as an organization, but I know the works of the current crew. They essentially have my support by default.

Outside of the current crew, I know very little of the behind the scenes stuff here at HSO, so when it comes to races and content that they will host, like all others, it will need to be proven, solid, and I'll make determinations based on that in regards to [potential] future participation here.

I guess change is inevitable, but this one's a bit abrupt and I have to admit I'm a bit saddened by all this.

Oh well, let's see where this goes... :hello:
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 16:49

Good Luck with the move, and I hope the "relics/grande framauge" will make it as easy as possible for you all "admin/moderators. (I actually thought they got lost in the wilderness somewhere.....in some Parisian basement Tavern maybe Smile Interested to see what they have up there sleeve......I hope many of the "early" years drivers return too.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 22:21

Best of luck to you guys at ISO! I am sure it will be a site to watch.

For me, I’ll be busy here.
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSat 28 Sep 2019 - 8:33

But what's the problem. why not have 1 league with many drivers, instead of 2 with little drivers?
Simracing world just gets smaler and smaler.iracing retrieves many drivers from other series An incredible number of leagues that have gone down over the years I have been with Mad
Back to top Go down
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2018-01-01

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSat 28 Sep 2019 - 9:24

Ah, I was getting ready to come back here ... it's sad all these problems. Sad
Another league also in historic meets this kind of problem right now (on A / C)

There is not a lot of 100% historic league, do not destroy it ...
I hope that it will go off without a hitch, if there are 2 that work, it's good, but the participants will be divided ...
Will this continue on AMS? (and the arrival of AMS2 ??)
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSat 28 Sep 2019 - 12:32

Of course, I will always prioritize racing, with cars where aerodynamics and electronics are no more important than driving ability.
Traction control, moving wings and others do not attract me.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSat 28 Sep 2019 - 12:37

I understand your fears and frustration, it's only natural and I guess we all have in mind examples of splits in simracing, real racing or rock n' roll :D that turned out to be destructive and counter productive. But despite the differences of opinion between the founders and the departing team I trust there is no vindicative intent on either side.

The viable solution is to play the complementarity line instead of the competing one. The idea is not to hold similar, let alone identical, series on the same days to see who has the most followers. That would be childish, divisive and an insult to our fine group of enthusiast members. Diversity on the other hand is the way to go. The range of possible events in terms of eras, types of cars and of races is such that it is easy enough to not step on each other's toes in this respect.

Obviously, the mass departure of the entire team of moderators along with all their projects for the next season puts HSO in need for some adjustments to say the least, most importantly on the question of manpower to run the show. Since the announcement was made public, several people have stepped up to offer help to keep HSO alive and not just in surviving mode. As he hinted earlier, former admin Mike Becnel is already committed to coming back full time for instance  :top:  cheers .

So, like I said, chips are still falling into place these days, but already a few things are certain. HSO will continue in 2020. It will be run by people with vast amounts of experience in administrating a simracing league and will be true to its original spirit in both form and content. Our priorities remain the same as ever : accurate races and championships, with cars more akin to beasts than machines, on challenging tracks and in a spirit of conviviality, fair competition and enjoyment for all.

As far as content goes it is too early to get into specifics yet, but the immersive features of rFactor2 (dynamic weather yummy) are a very attractive proposition indeed, while AMS will of course also continue to be used one way or another. As far as cars and races are concerned, Group A touring cars are at the top of the shortlist of wannados for instance, but several other options are considered including some 1960s stuff.

Anyways, stay tuned, enjoy your end of season, we will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2018-01-01

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSat 28 Sep 2019 - 13:11

D'un coté ou de l'autre, je pense que nous avons tous hâte de voir ce qu'il en ressortira...Wink
Des nouvelles, vite Smile
Back to top Go down
Matias Estrela
Club Driver
Matias Estrela

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSat 28 Sep 2019 - 13:39

Frank Verplanken wrote:

...As far as content goes it is too early to get into specifics yet, but the immersive features of rFactor2 (dynamic weather yummy) are a very attractive proposition indeed...

cheers :clap:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSat 28 Sep 2019 - 18:25

So I have had several people contact me, and besides I have readed all messages here expressing certain concerns like those from Bruno, Oyvind and Christian, hence I guess I should step in and clarify some things.

First of all, thanks to all who expressed their support, but it's fair to say that we are not drawing a red line in the floor to see who picks one side or the other, Christ no, not at all! Laughing

Many people here race also in other leagues, and there is nothing wrong with that, we are not pretending to force people into this or that. You see, HSO was started by four talented guys who also raced previously elewhere, and at some point decided to create a league themselves according to what they thought was the ideal. We, the team who took over after real life got in the way for the founding admins, just have developed a similar desire and while balancing a middle ground has been possible during some time, in the end the logical thing for us not owners was to take the same route. What we have been doing here was not completely to the liking of some founding admins, which is fair enough as they built this place to start with and apparently want to be active again managing it, so us being in the way was not reasonable. Smile

Frank Verplanken wrote:
The viable solution is to play the complementarity line instead of the competing one. The idea is not to hold similar, let alone identical, series on the same days to see who has the most followers

Well this is the first notice I get about what HSO's intentions for the future are, but of course such attitude is more than welcomed and applauded  Smile , and it could not have been timed better since we just published our 2020 racing program (Which the HSO admins already knew from the private forum here anyway), so indeed the new team that runs this league has a good chance of organizing their events accordingly and not in competition  :top: .

Whether that happens or not of course depends on the new HSO team that forms and not on us, who are already out of the equation. All the best to you all, see you on track here or elsewhere :drink: Enjoy the rest of the season :top:
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSat 28 Sep 2019 - 19:51

Nice to hear that you all important guys at HSO and now also ISO are able to live side by side. I hope this will continue. I am not around so much last few years, so quite logicaly I tend more to stay with HSO, as I was "full time member" those old days. If I remember well I entered HSO as first one from CZ and it was 2008 or 2009.

I was always keeping an eye on HSO no matter if I actively race here and I know that at any time there was always great racing and great group of admins! I am really looking forward to HSO 2020 calendar and I have to say that ISO 2020 season looks very good.

I wish you guys with ISO all good and I will never say that I won´t join some of your races, but for now I would wait for HSO 2020 season announcment and hopefully I will be able to join few races Wink

Good luck to all :champ:
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSat 28 Sep 2019 - 20:23

Frank, is there a possibility we might see you behind the wheel next year? Wink
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSat 28 Sep 2019 - 23:30

Jukka Maattanen wrote:

I have hired a guy in France with a pair of pliers and a blow torch to insure this happens. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON 1623587389
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2019 - 7:25

Thanks Alberto for taking the time to publicly respond to the members' questions and fears for the future, I know too well how busy you are these days :top:.

I hope Alberto's wise and kind words will have finished to convice you all that this split is being handled in the most responsible and gentle way possible. All of us behind the scenes have always had our members' satisfaction at heart, and this will always remain our priority whether at HSO or at ISO. Best proof of that is the fact that this all was done in a timely fashion, and without any drama or bad blood being spilled in public - which is more than the vast majority of splits in the history of splits can say I think Smile !

In many respects this split is like the end of a love story. Of course what brought us together is so much bigger than what tore us apart. But the thing is that all of it was and still is fueled by passion, and I guess you all know how passion can be a destructive agent in any relationship (especially when some mediterranean type guys are involved in the relationship I guess lol! !).

So yes, it is a divorce, but all divorces don't necessarily have to be ugly. Furthermore, you guys are not children anyway and are not put in a position where you have to chose between mommy HSO and daddy ISO :D. People come to race in races they like, not because they like the people who organize them. So, again, we will make sure the 2020 HSO programme is complementary to that of ISO, not competing with it, and hopefully all current active members, many former active members and even more new members will be able to stem their thirst for historic simracing between the two leagues.

It goes without saying that I wish ISO all the best, the 2020 programme looks great indeed :top:.

Last edited by Frank Verplanken on Sun 29 Sep 2019 - 9:16; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2019 - 7:26

Karel Marciniszyn wrote:
hopefully I will be able to join few races  Wink

I certainly hope you will, buddy  :drink: !

Jukka Maattanen wrote:

I think it's fair to say it is a certainty yes Smile. Looking forward to some good old on track action with you, old f(r)iend :D  :drink: !

Mike Becnel wrote:
I have hired a guy in France with a pair of pliers and a blow torch to insure this happens. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON 1623587389

You know me so well :D ! Truly he was not needed for that, but still had a little work to be done around the house so he came in handy, thanks :D !
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2019 - 10:14

Quote :
So yes, it is a divorce, but all divorces don't necessarily have to be ugly

I'd rather say it's an emancipation from the parent's home  Wink  after all, sex was never involved :hihi:  

Though some other practices were IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON 1623587389 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2019 - 10:28

LMAO ! Yes emancipation is a much more fitting image indeed :top: ! As for the "alternative" practices, well I guess the important thing is that it was all consensual, eh :D !
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2019 - 11:45

I hope the HSO will bring back the ENDURANCE races as well as the single seats from the 30s to 60s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2020 SEASON
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next