Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]

Go down 
+28
Cesar Silva
Rodrigo Beltrame
Jan Titz
Simon Wattman
Richard Wilks
Andrew Griffiths
Victor Alcocer
Dave Miller
Mattos Maul
Jan Kowalski
Jacob Fredriksson
Jukka Närhi
Raymond Riddall
Michael Griffiths
David Jundt
Anders Nilsson
Jonatan Acerclinth
Grant Riddall
Honza Mild
Matthias Weber
Bruno Chacon
Jason White
Oyvind Andersen
Pascal Mikula
Juha Bos
David Sabre
Steve Parker
Richard Coxon
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Sep 2019 - 17:30

Is that why my game just died?

Sorry, but Jonatan was just helping me with setup issues, the car's really unstable. Not sure if they naturally ran more negative camber at the back, doesn't feel very good to me :smil20:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Sep 2019 - 17:41

Richard Coxon wrote:
Juha Bos wrote:
To avoid problems with mirrors, we're asking all BMW drivers not to be on the server between 18h55 and 19h05 (Paris Time).

The server will be relaunched at 19h00. This will allow us to join with a car other than a BMW first.

We will post on the forum when the BMW's can enter the server again.

Thank you for your cooperation.

BUMP
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Sep 2019 - 18:00

David Jundt wrote:

Sorry, but Jonatan was just helping me with setup issues, the car's really unstable. Not sure if they naturally ran more negative camber at the back, doesn't feel very good to me :smil20:
Sent you a setup as a base, it was at least better than the default for me. Looked like you were braking for too long into the turn causing you issues though.

If you weren't able to save it I'll jump on and send it again.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Sep 2019 - 18:02

BMW drivers can join the server again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Sep 2019 - 18:12

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

Sent you a setup as a base, it was at least better than the default for me. Looked like you were braking for too long into the turn causing you issues though.

I got it.

But if I brake less long, I'll just crash into the tyres at the first chicane for example. I dunno how quick you can slow down without locking the rear wheels up Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Sep 2019 - 18:13

David Jundt wrote:
Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

I got it.

But if I brake less long, I'll just crash into the tyres at the first chicane for example. I dunno how quick you can slow down without locking the rear wheels up Shocked
I'm just saying what I saw, I have the exact same issue in the Bimmer when I drive it.

Try the setup and work from there mate, you'll find a way.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Sep 2019 - 20:39

Drivers who left the server and want to compete in race 2 have 10 minutes to rejoin, race starts at 21h50.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Sep 2019 - 21:49

Very fun two races.  I'd like to apologize to Oyvind for the contact in the chicane during race 2; I screwed up under braking.  Was relieved to see that he continued and finished well.  Learned a lot about these cars and how they last over short and long races; looking forward to the next round.  Thank you to Juha, Richard and Jonatan for organizing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Victor Alcocer
Club Driver
Victor Alcocer

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Sep 2019 - 22:05

What a great races ! such long time without GT,i think it's more suited to me than F3,but this left front tyre,damn what warmy it gone.

The first race was a bit messy by my part,of course i was nowhere in quali .... :doh: but long run looks great,i make some little mistake the first laps but finish quite well,except the last two lap,this 12-14 are the hell for my race pace,too warmy on the left front +wear and ,lucky to finish 14 th,one more lap and i fnished 17 or 18 th ! :aie:

The second race was very good,not major mistake,some miss chicane that allow guys to pass me in two occasions,the beggining was very cool,i could follow the 10 th group without excessive trouble,caution to not lock the tyres. :conduit:
But one more time the mid race was very difficult with the wear and the warm left front tyre, after that, i could handle a better rythm,unfortunatly guy behind was too fast,and jason pass me too,i follow him,waiting for him some wearing issues,who he have,sadly it was too short,and in the two last lap,i saw that i will miss me some 0,5-1 l ! ,so i had to finish in very slow rythm,the 16 th was too far,so no regret !

14 th and 15th :flag:
Greats points,greats races,that cool ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Sep 2019 - 22:23

Results and Points are up. We are aware of the issue with some things not displaying correctly, we'll be looking into it during the rest of the week to sort it out.
Back to top Go down
Michael Griffiths
Club Driver
Michael Griffiths

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2018-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2019 - 2:35

Thanks everyone, good racing.

Big sorry to Dave Miller for nudge into 1st chicane, lap one: I think I was sucked in by Oyvind and when he pulled out to cause mayhem (lol) only then could I see you, and though I was already on the brakes I couldn't avoid bumping you.   Just a nudge on the rear wing, but enough to send you off.  Sorry Mr Miller!!

I couldn't quite catch 'Big' Jan Titz at the end.  'Smokin' Jan Titz!  Overheating?  

Race two I lost 6th place, passed by Mr Jundt on the very last lap!  (Good job!  Swine!)  :D

Very pleased with 9th(?) and 7th.  But this will likely be best result of season, rest of the tracks are more suited to the Germans?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2019 - 6:56

Not had so much fun in a long long time!

Great driving Jonatan, I felt I could match you in certain places, but you pulled away in others. A slight mistake from me and you was gone.

Thanks to all that were present, what a fantastic grid for a Wednesday series :top:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2019 - 7:03

Well done Jonatan on winning twice.

My Audi got off the line a lot better than the Nissan fleet in front of me, but I couldn't get by Jonatan. I tried once, failed, and then he just took off. Second place was the best I could manage.

For race 2 I got the better off him, but so did Anders and he wasn't easy to catch either. I got a bit closer but this time I hit a pile of tyres in the first chicane and I was out.

I hope to have as much fun at Spa, even if the track isn't as well suited to the Audi.
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2019 - 10:58

I was surprised at such a crowded grid for a midweek race. Honestly, a little scared of not having much intimacy with touring cars throughout my virtual motoring career. Okay, first race and as I did a few practice laps, I left with my insecurity with the 318i, driving for the first time. I found the mod fantastic, I felt the car in my hands a lot more than mod 96. Congratulations to the developers.
Dull race for me a fiasco in terms of results.
Race 2: Now I was more confident and started up, had good fights and only one contact with my teammate, Maul. Nothing much but a racing incident.
Points, good to have gotten them in the feature race.
Congratulations to Jonatan, had no one at this stage, he simply vaporized everyone's chances.
Surprised by the novices (especially Mr. Beltrame) doing well and showing that they didn't come to play.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2019 - 11:20

Well was a lot of fun yesterday, thanks for everybody who showed up, and i hope someone can get the fight to Jonathan :hihi: nah, great Job mate, bringing your late BTCC season form nicely here.

Myself i am still adjusting to the audi (or adjusting it to me) so i hope i can be competitive in the next one too.

Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2019 - 11:47

Thanks for the congratulatives Embarassed

Practice:
I spent quite a bit of time fine-tuning the car to the way I'd like it to handle. As Jaques mentioned after the event when I ran into him on TS, the Nissan has a understeery nature as a base (due to its aero I suppose) but through setup work and the way I drive I got the car to handle very nicely, suited my style down to a tea around Zolder.

I also made sure that the other Nissans of Richard and Matthias had the same setup, just like I did for my teammate Petr in the BTCC Smile

Qualifying:
Qualifying got underway and I was early out of the pits. I had decided to run the session on a sprint tank of fuel since the car was better to drive with that extra bit of fuel in it and it worked very well. Ran my laps down and in the end I managed a 39,000 which is about .045 off my personal best so very happy with that effort and it was good enough to take pole position.
Was a big surprise to see Matthias extract some immense pace out of the 4WD Nissan to bring that up to the front for a Nissan 1-2-3 :clap:

Race1:

I got a decent start and was lucky that Juha in the Audi was only 4th on the grid as I was able to hold him off going into T1, although with a bit of rubbing as per Super Touring Car standard :top:

Took it relatively easy on Lap 1 to allow the tires and brakes to come up to temperature nicely. It was very nearly a mistake to do that though as Juha was close enough and had a run going into T1, I took my normal line though and just as I turned in my spotter shouted "car left/car inside" which made for a few tense moments before we had a tiny bit of contact once more, I think Juha lost out more than I did though.

From there I had a gap of around 8 tenths which I was able to extend and then look after as lapped traffic later came into effect.
Thank you everyone for being very clear with where and when you wanted me to go by  Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 3108518133

In the end a win by about 6 seconds so a successful first race of the season, but the real test was to come with the Feature Race.

Race 2:

With Juha in the 4WD Audi and the RWD BMW of Anders on the front two rows I knew it would take a monster start to stay ahead of them but that I did not get so both flew past but I was thankfully able to stay ahead of Matthias to sit 3rd after the first few turns.

Decided to take my time to allow my tires and brakes a bit of a breather considering it was a longer race and thefore sat myself 1-2 car leanghts from Juha's rear bumper around the track waiting for him to either make a move on Anders or run into trouble.
Sadly the latter happened as Juha hit the tires at the first chicane after 3 or 4 laps Sad

That of course meant I was now sitting 2nd behind Anders, an old sparring partner I suppose one could say (Do you remember WTM at Laguna about 5 years ago or something like that now hehe?).
Reeled him in over the rest of that lap and then went into the same mode, sit behind, show myself in his mirrors and wait it out as there were still a long way to go.

That plan went down the drain when Richard in the O'dor Nissan reeled us both in and I had to put a bit more pressure on Anders.
He made a tiny error into T1 on Lap 7 and I promptly put my front end inside his car but had to check up slightly as to not tap him at a bad time to end up spinning him around and Richard decided to dive up the inside at T2.
We ran side by side through T2 and T3 but then I was able to do the cut-back move on him at T4 onto the back straight. Up ahead Anders had flatspotted his left front the lap before and that caught him out at the chicane and both me and Richard was through.

So a Nissan 1-2 was a nice situation and I knew I could count on Richard not doing anything stupid but somehow I were able to stretch out my lead little by little every lap and in the end my lead was around 8 seconds going into the last lap.
Decided to slow down and do a flying finish for Nissan and allow Richard to chose weather Keith would win the race or not, he decided against it so I took a clean sheet.

Very happy with my results last night, no complaints at all, some good racing, very good lappings and despite a few retirents, it looked like everyone had someone to fight with at some point of the race, I heard that Simon and Andrew had a great scrap on the last lap hehe.

Thank you everyone, it was great to see a near full grid for both races and I, for one, am really looking forward to the rest of the championship :drink:
Back to top Go down
Anders Nilsson
Club Driver
Anders Nilsson

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2019 - 15:43

First of all Grats Jonatan two flawless races wd m8 :first: .

Yep i do remeber the WTM days :drink: .

Funny it is how i work, il remove fuel out of car for Q and run 0.1 faster :papy: . Was good enough for 5th on the gridd. Not bad at all. Got a good launch  and was 4th  behind Weber until he made a tiny mistake in t1 resulting a couple of nice corners side by side  out dragging him into chicane on back straight 3rd . Had no chance of catching Juha or the flying Jonatan. U got a licence for that Jonatan lowflying like that :spy: . So my aim became defend my third and i managed that :third: Very Happy .

Second race i think Jonatan has summed up guite good, but i didnt only flatspot i manage to hit tyrewall and damage susp also. A good thing tho i drove thru the flatspot so to say took around 10-12 laps . So yet another defend 3rd aim for me with Wilks  closing in he sure keept me on my toes Very Happy

/Anders
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]    Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Int. 29. ADAC Westfalen-Pokal-Rennen - Zolder [Sept 11th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3