Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monitor recommendations

Go down 
+2
Grant Riddall
Austin Johnson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Monitor recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Monitor recommendations   Monitor recommendations Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jul 2019 - 17:15

So my 1 year old decided it was a good idea to smash my tv with a toy Crying or Very sad :doh: I have been racing on a single 49in TV up to this point so im looking for recommendations on Monitors, thanks guys :chinois: :drink:
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Monitor recommendations   Monitor recommendations Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2019 - 12:29

What’s your budget mate? Going from a tv to a monitor are you looking to downsize or not? I’m also looking for a new pc soon and am looking at getting a QLED 4K monitor.

Something like this

https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/curved-cf73/LC27FG73FQUXEN/

Personally I’m probably going for a curved monitor and around 32”.

Most important factor though is getting a monitor or tv with no input lag. That will ruin any sim racing.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Monitor recommendations   Monitor recommendations Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2019 - 13:44

Yea I'm looking for something between the 27 and 32, 120 hz or 144hz. I have been on a tv since the F1 nurburgring race last year, something has been off and i could tell it just feels weird.

Also looking to get 3 monitors I need more Fov the single just isn't doing it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Monitor recommendations   Monitor recommendations Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2019 - 14:23

Has said child been put in a box with all toys burned? Razz

I couldn't imagine using anything other than my TV monitor. I'm on a 32 inch.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Monitor recommendations   Monitor recommendations Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2019 - 15:41

On the Subject of 3 monitors. Ever thought about getting a complete curved monitor to substitute the 3 montiors? Eliminates the horrible screen boarders in between. There frikking pricey though.
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Monitor recommendations   Monitor recommendations Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2019 - 18:34

Nice!! Always good shopping for new parts!!

3 monitors is the way to go in my opinion if you think about budget. A single curved monitor that covers as much as 3 monitors would cost a lot of money, but if you have that in mind and think it worth just go for it:happy: .

The monitor frames I don't even notice when I'm driving.

If you have more freedom to layout the monitors in some kind of stand or over a desk and you have the space for them I would go even 3 x 32".

One 49" curved would cost around $900 and 3 x 32" = near 90" will cost you less than that depending of the brand and spec.

Now my setup is 3 x 27" and I'm very happy with it. I couldn't go bigger at the time because my rig couldn't fit.

If you want to go to the next level and try VR I think the new HP Reverb has the best quality among the current HMDs. It has the smallest pixel window among all products available.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Monitor recommendations   Monitor recommendations Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2019 - 23:15

Richard Coxon wrote:
Has said child been put in a box with all toys burned? Razz

I couldn't imagine using anything other than my TV monitor. I'm on a 32 inch.

Hahaha. Good thing I only paid 100$ for it. I bought it from my brother because he upgraded to a 70 in TV.

He also let me use a 32 inch gaming monitor I could really tell the difference from the TV, the response is amazing.

Those are all valid points but the 49 inch ultra widescreen looks really bad. I checked it out at our local bestbuy and it looked grainy and really pixelated and lots of stretching. Plus I dont think it gives you as much FOV as 3 screens.

Also I dont think any of the sims we play support VR headsets or that would be a possible option.

I have a cockpit I built myself, so mounting 3x32 monitors should be easy.

I'll look around hopefully I'll find some deals.

Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Monitor recommendations   Monitor recommendations Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jul 2019 - 12:22

i use these and cannot fault them,sure you could pick 3 up cheaply,they also have very narrow edge so not much gap between them.

https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-MAG27C/Overview
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Monitor recommendations   Monitor recommendations Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jul 2019 - 2:27

Steve Parker wrote:
i use these and cannot fault them,sure you could pick 3 up cheaply,they also have very narrow edge so not much gap between them.

https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-MAG27C/Overview

Damn! Those are really nice! Both you and Grant have me stuck. The price is still about the same so I might have to go with the 32" Monitors.

The best part is I forgot I have to upgrade my graphics card in the process Rolling Eyes the one I have now will definitely not work with 3 screens. I guess I will have to get that weekend time and a half pay. :aie: :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Monitor recommendations   Monitor recommendations Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jul 2019 - 21:19

Grant Riddall wrote:
On the Subject of 3 monitors. Ever thought about getting a complete curved monitor to substitute the 3 montiors? Eliminates the horrible screen boarders in between. There frikking pricey though.

in races i totaly eliminating there are any stripes on screen on start witch 3 monitors i was afraid but in concentrating on road and other cars they "disapear" . only for normal work it is little worse when only must move window to see all important parts (toolbars etc)
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Monitor recommendations   Monitor recommendations Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jul 2019 - 8:49

Michal Janak wrote:
Grant Riddall wrote:

in races i totaly eliminating there are any stripes on screen on start witch 3 monitors i was afraid but in concentrating on road and other cars they "disapear" .  only for normal work it is little worse when only must move window to see all important parts (toolbars etc)

Well I just found this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monitor recommendations   Monitor recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monitor recommendations
Page 1 of 1