Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]

Go down 
+22
Martin Lacina
Adam Hackman
Raymond Riddall
Raul Jereb
Gérard Ryon
Austin Johnson
Brian Janik
Grant Riddall
Jason Fitch
Jan Kowalski
Juha Bos
Richard Wilks
David Jundt
Bruno Chacon
David Sabre
Jason White
Jason Whited
Alberto Ibañez
Jonatan Acerclinth
Lukáš Vydra
Thiago Canola
Richard Coxon
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2019 - 18:53

Sorry for the late notice, but I'm not making it today, got two power outages while practicing and it's spooking me Suspect Not really willing to get a disco and God knows if even damaging my PC :hum: pale Need to dig out what is causing these issues.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2019 - 19:24

For those looking for a broadcast link, sorry for the late put-up of it, been enjoying some unusual great weather here in Sweden this weekend Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNeyTbO0Xzg

Best of luck everyone :drink:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2019 - 22:36

P7 in the end? After being desperately off the pace (4.5s behind) in qualifying? Whaaaaat Shocked ? :banane:
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2019 - 22:39

Very sporting Grant, Appreciated. BUT maybe not needed, seems like you had me, but just unfortunate contact.
Probably would not have taken your offer, EXCEPT J. Kowalski was breathing down my neck after the recovery. Couldnt risk it while letting you stay in front...
By the last corner it was no longer under consideration lol What a Face

Brutal and fun track. Feels like having people throw sticks at your ankles while trying to run affraid

Good driving to all that finished :drink:

Welcome back to a non DNF/victory D. Jaques
Akvankced Podium Thiago!  :second:  :third:
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2019 - 22:47

Brian Janik wrote:
Very sporting Grant, Appreciated. BUT maybe not needed, seems like you had me, but just unfortunate contact.
Probably would not have taken your offer, EXCEPT J. Kowalski was breathing down my neck after the recovery. Couldnt risk it while letting you stay in front...
By the last corner it was no longer under consideration lol What a Face

That’s quite alright Smile i felt bad for the contact. Rather finish fairly than have it decided by contact. Good recovery Wink
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2019 - 22:56

Embarassed

@Jason White ....sorry about the brake check in the early part of the race.
Got crossed, could have swore Thiago was still on my left (though he was heading into the pits) and was trying to play it safe.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2019 - 23:01

At the start of the race I found Jason Fitch spun across the track and I had nowhere to go but into his car. I had a long repair in the pits for about 360 seconds. The aim was then just to finish but my engine blew up again.

Sorry to Petr Hlavac for hitting you from behind under braking I misjudged it. Hopefully not too much damaged and a full yellow came out for a separate incident.

Congrats to David Jaques, Thiago Canola, Brian Janik and all of the finishers.

Thanks for the broadcast.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2019 - 23:37

My apologies to Mick and Raul for contact early on.  Feeling damn lucky to come away with 12th and 1 point.   Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jun 2019 - 8:04

David Sabre wrote:

Sorry to Petr Hlavac for hitting you from behind under braking I misjudged it. Hopefully not too much damaged and a full yellow came out for a separate incident.

Thanks for the broadcast.

I didn't get much damage, but it affected my race significantly. Before the contact, I had fuel for 15 more laps and wanted to make it a one-stop race. But as I wasn't sure how severe the damage was, I pitted for repairs under that yellow. Unfortunately, I got a penalty and had to serve Stop&Go + 10s. So this little contact caused that I fell from P2 to the back of the field with some 40s gap to the leader. Anyway, there's no bad blood, things like that happen and I finished seventh, anyway Wink That's what I love about CART. These races are totally unpredictable, outright speed is no guarantee that you'll finish at the front, yet being slow/unfortunate doesn't automatically mean that your race is lost :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jun 2019 - 8:59

Results are up. :flag:

Congrats Jakey :first: and the rest of the podium :champ:

My hard work starts now :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jun 2019 - 10:33

The results table. The Unofficial Cups thread has been updated as well.
Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 QsYh
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jun 2019 - 10:36

Not the best evening last night.

I’ve never really clicked with this track, I struggled majorly with the bumps and opted for a high downforce setup. I could do 1:07’s in practise but in qualifying only a mid 1:08. The race itself I stuggled with pace. Full fuel my setup was a dog. As soon as Coxon retired I just focused on gaining some points on him. I wasn’t in the mood to fight for the lead to much.

Kind of frustrated with myself for not finding a better alternative setup for the race to be more competitive. But onto the next one to try and reel the top 3 in the championship in :hello:

Well done Jaques. That was a brilliant drive from yourself, glad to see you win this one :top:

Also Thiago for the recovery after your Stop and go!
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jun 2019 - 18:52

Sorry Austin that i stayed on track so long. I tried to jump into the garage as fast as possible but it was not enough.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jun 2019 - 0:30

Its alright Martin just a racing deal. More of my bad luck in this series. :aie:
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jun 2019 - 4:01

Woke Sunday morning and I felt like absolute shit. I could barely sit up straight for more than a few minutes before I was getting slightly lightheaded however, after a small nap on the bathroom floor, and a couple other small naps and ibuprofen, I figured I could at least start the race. So I did a couple of Q runs, then took a short nap in my desk chair. When the race rolled around, I wasn't feeling too bad, so I decided to run as long as I could.

The start was just a mess, I was off the gas, downshifting, and braking hard and still managed to rear end Pter and spin us both around. I'm not sure if that's what triggered the melee or if it was already happening. I know Pter was braking for the same reason I was, which was the cars ahead going 3 WIDE! into Turn 1! for some reason!? He was just braking better than I was. My apologies to Pter, and also to Sabre, I didn't even realize someone hit me while I was spinning until I read your post. After I recovered, I opted to continue as I was still on the rush from the start.

I tried to drive within my means, which was why I had times when I was off the pace and others when I wasn't. I was also dealing with a Brake Bias issue that I was having a helluva time trying to remedy. I made it to the halfway point and thought I'd try and tough it out, but I was fading and the cautions were proving to be a godsend for me. I did have a front row view to Jason and Mick's coming together, and as I told Mick, it was a Racing Incident, just 2 cars going for the same spot.

I finally had a half-ish spin and on the same lap, I literally got lost on the track, i.e. I forgot where I was, so I decided to park it. My determined attempts to bring my Finishing rate up this season is sitting at 50% right now.

Well, off to Michigan, which is gonna be Fast, Crazy, and Insane, i.e. Stupid amounts of Fun!!!
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jun 2019 - 15:13

Very cool and challenging track!!!

In qualify I was very happy with the second place, Jaques put a very fast lap and I couldn't match it. Congrats for the pole!!

In the race start I had e good jump to first place and then the yellow came. I tried to keep low speed behind the pace car but got desperate when I saw the message that I should follow the pace car and ended up getting a penalty. Lost completely the concentration trying to understand why, as result clipped one of the tires in the two right hand turns, spun almost ending my race there.
Still had zero damage at that point, went to pay my drive through dropping to 21st position in lap 4. The car was simply fantastic, could do 1:08s with full tank without overdrive.

I felt really disgusted with myself after the following.    
I got caught by surprise when trying to overtake I don't remember who going to turn 1. I was side by side but I knew I would complete the overtake without a problem. I didn't expect such a difference of speed entering the first chicane and when I realize I was overtaking Chacon too :doh: . I wouldn't dispute into the chicane without clearly see that the driver ahead knew about my presence there. I came from nowhere if you see from his point of view, gave him no space. We tangled wheels, got some front suspension damage and he got the worse of it clipping the wall and losing his rear wing.:doh: :doh:

Next, this time it was almost a incident with Raul. I was chasing him closely in the second straight and I misshifted keeping the car in 5th gear in the turn. My head was messed up. pale

Told myself to focus, and kept the already damaged car out of trouble until the end of the race. Had good fights with Lacina and Grant.

Jaques was unbeatable this one, well deserved victory!:first:
Congrats to my workmate Brian! :third:

Simracing means nothing if you take someone else's fun away. I feel really embarrassed.  

Thanks HSO and Jonathan for the fantastic broadcast!!!
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jun 2019 - 18:56

Watched an interesting broadcast from my hotel room, was Indy 500 '17 all over again :D

Grats to Jaques and podium, especially my replacement Brian! :top:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2019 - 15:31

well this was a fun race with lots of action and the exact same result as in our 2017 HSO Cart series (crashing on Lap 78 by myself lol! , nothing learned :hihi: )
I had a good pace over the race and were getting problems on the penultimate full course yellow. I was pitting because i thought i will make it somehow with this fuel amount, but getting a stop and go penalty. I dont think i overtook anyone but i will have to check.
I was taking my penalty when the lights were gone to green and was the last car on the lead lap. I could close the gap and was very happy about the last full course yellow, because i had a free pit stop for new tyres and +70L while all other cars had already pit during the normal race.
So i could overtook some cars and where up the top 5. I had not a great chance against Brian and Grant, they were faster and had to let them go. Then i lost concentration and hit the famous cone and "wall of champions".

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]   Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Budweiser Grand Prix of Cleveland [June 16th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3