Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]

Go down 
+34
Gérard Ryon
Simon Wattman
François Remmen
John Thim
Dave Miller
David Jaques
Brian Janik
Raymond Riddall
Alberto Iquino
Alberto Ibañez
Adam Hackman
Filippo Marazzi
Gabriel Legnini
David Sabre
Steve Parker
Jacob Fredriksson
Petr Hlavac
Raul Jereb
Oyvind Andersen
Grant Riddall
Martin Lacina
Jan Kowalski
Mick Chapman
Thiago Canola
Austin Johnson
Jason Fitch
David Jundt
Jason Whited
Alan Forster
Richard Wilks
Juha Bos
Bruno Chacon
Jason White
Richard Coxon
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Iquino
Club Driver
Alberto Iquino

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2018-04-25

Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 13:58

Congrats Mick :champ: 
well done, everybody
awesome race
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 17:43

Fantastic racing last night, a top ten finish I'll take that, car was well balanced , thanks to Juha for some setup advice.

Well done to Mick and all who finished.

Thank you HSO.
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 17:58

David Sabre wrote:
Thiago Canola wrote:
After meeting Sabre on the track I was forced to lose the pull from Albertos and it put me a lap down. I think he had damage in his car, something was wrong.
I had some damage and the car was a bit unstable. I didn't know what you were doing to start with as you kept trying to overtake me and it felt like you were going to dive up the inside late into a corner therefore I was spending a lot of time looking in my mirrors. Once it settled down and we ran together that was better.

A very enjoyable race for me and indeed a very enjoyable event from the start of practice to the end of the race. :top:

Only my own mistakes affected me, clipping the wall a couple of times and then entering the pits when it was only open to lead lap cars and I wasn't on the lead lap. :doh: A stop and go penalty.

Congratulation to Mick :champ:

Thanks for the broadcast. :top:

I just got desperate to not lose connection with the Alberto Train. When you overtook me in I noticed you where losing their draft, I possibly had misjudged it as usual. But man, it was a lot of fun racing with you!!! :drink:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 17:59

Raymond Riddall wrote:
Fantastic racing last night, a top ten finish I'll take that, car was well balanced , thanks to Juha for some setup advice.

Thank you HSO.

Thanks Ray, but the credit should really go to Alberto as he had a big input in getting my car up to speed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 20:11

Juha Bos wrote:
Raymond Riddall wrote:

Thank you HSO.

Thanks Ray, but the credit should really go to Alberto as he had a big input in getting my car up to speed.

+1!! The only thing Big Al did not do in my car, was drive it.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 20:29

Congrats Mick!!!!!

this was a very tough Indy500 for me
a car that i took for the color and engine
but man what a struggle this year to get it done properly in race conditions but realy guys the mod is spot on
speaking of enjoyment and physical aspects
howerver i cant deal with close wings setups , mostly need to use 2 or sometimes 3 clicks more on the rear i was running 9-11 wing with a nice trimmed out engine it burns too much and feels heavy on full load
my plan to go forward helping by some yellow finaly i got to the front runners around lap 60
already did 2 fuel pitstops i gained so much speed in the tow i could not even see how fast the car was doing but 265kmh for sure then caught in dirt behind the super fast Penske driver, a yellow one, i lost front df in the first coner and had to back off to let slip 6th to 12th and from that i couldn't catch any longer because fuel burns like crazy and then mayhem came, first i dumb falt of my self to scrape the wall which damaged my right rear and under a yellow decide to pit but as soon the pitbox unlocked the saftety car came in , wtf AMS , loosing contact with front runners so no top 10 which i had in mind,  then after let brain go by going wide after AMS went crazy with blue flag warnings at t4 i had to give throttle to not understeer either lifte even more to crash or standing to a hold into the wall and got nutched by Jundt, which was flatout chasing Brain i can understand it is the most horrible thing that happens being out by a lapped car os i feel bad for him, after all this i better could lift on the straight but it is what it is now
again a pitstop for repair and fuel the car was not in balance and a nightmare to go around but after several more fuel stops and again a repair i ended in the pits under the flag

overal very hard but even then time flew bye
a great thank you to the HSO admins for another great event  :drink:

FD
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2019 - 0:16

@FD: When you are like 3-5 laps behind me, why are you even moving back? Some guys were slow but knew and left the door open, you didn't...  :smil20: Meh whatever, should've expected that. Actually did. Why don't I know better... Rolling Eyes

Race went south a bit earlier though, damage done. Literally that.

I wasn't even trying to win, basically trying to hang close to the Top Five and hope not to get lapped. While the first unideal yellow came one lap after one of my stops, I managed to stay on the lead lap. The one later broke my neck though, which happened like 1 lap after my pitstop. Worst of all that said pitstop took 38s instead of 15s as I got hit by a car starting to move from it's slot just as I came in and it was too late for me to dive through behind or stop in time to avoid contact. Looking into the mirrors might help though...

Lap lost, chance on top five gone since it was impossible to catch them again if they weren't driving stupid and crashing each other.

Oh well, season's already a write-off anyway. With me missing the next race, I am probably already out of the championship hunt and looking at stealing a win or two here and there if I am lucky.

Looking at said "luck" though, I'll probably be faced with more DNF's like Long Beach or yesterday at Indy Sad

Congrats to Mick, well done! I stayed in the server kinda helping Fitchy a bit, so I saw a controlled drive untill the end. Deserved in my opinion :top:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2019 - 1:45

David Jundt wrote:
Worst of all that said pitstop took 38s instead of 15s as I got hit by a car starting to move from it's slot just as I came in and it was too late for me to dive through behind or stop in time to avoid contact.

Embarassed Yeah, that was me.  I'm very sorry that happened.  
It didn't even register damage on my car, but I feared then that you might have got damaged when it happened.

Quote :
Looking into the mirrors might help though...

This time it wouldn't have.  Unfortunately, I was looking in the mirrors, and I saw you coming.
I was watching the entire time I was in pits, but looked down during my stop, then before release I look up and a car is coming.  For some reason in my mind it registered as a car that had just left a stall some car lengths behind mine.  I started up to speed in a straight line intentionally because I [stupidly] thought you'd just left a stall :doh:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2019 - 9:25

The results table Smile Unofficial Cups thread have been updated too.
Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 4mAe
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2019 - 17:02

Congratulations Mick, great victory. :first: What a speed. Me a turtle, you a hare. I had hoped to finish but I didn't know what happened with Jason F. Distracted or go into the pit. I touched his wheel and flew off to land in the pit line.
Congratulations to all the finishers, and to the great organization. :top:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2019 - 19:05

I couldn't help but be furious as hell about it. Really really furious(Don't ask Fitchy about it).

Not because not being able to win, but trying to hard to hang onto the lead lap as long as possible, then dropping from it for that(and not being able to join the fight with Jacob, who until that point never seemed to come close to me) Sad

Oh well...
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Legnini
Rookie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2019-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2019 - 23:04

I hope you guys had fun. I was dying to do a 500 for once in my simracing career, but it was not meant to be. A combination of commitments meant that I couldn't join Saturday's Carb Day, and could potentially be sleep-deprived on Sunday. That combination was a surefire way to mess up other driver's races, so I chose the hard but wise decision to sit out. Maybe 2020 will be more kind to me and will allow me to do any kind of Indy 500 race on any sim.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2019 - 23:47

You could still attempt to enter the 500s of Michigan and Pocono if a 500 itself is fine enough...
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Legnini
Rookie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2019-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2019 - 23:50

While not the same, it would still be a great experience Smile
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 0:16

7th July(Michigan) and 13th October(Pocono), still worth it. I remember I won these races actually on rF1...
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 3:45

Some general observations...Some of you really need to learn how to oval race, as it's become clear you don't know what you're doing. This is my 5th Indy 500 with HSO, and who knows how many other Oval races, and it's always the SAME people who are out of control EVERY.SINGLE.RACE...There were at least 2 of you out there Sunday who had NO BUSINESS being there. You were out of control in EVERY CORNER....Super Speedways are about speed, yes. But that doesn't mean lay the wings out to 1 and hope for the best, that only works in Qualifying and sure as hell does NOT work in the race. Who cares that you can do 235 down the straight by yourself when you can only go 185 through the corners and everyone you just passed is passing you back. That is also assuming you actually manage to make the corner. How many of you that passed me did I fight with going into the corners? NOT ONE DAMN Person, I Let ALL of you go by into the turns, and I passed you back exiting the same turns, because damn near all of you washed out to the wall in the middle of the turn. End of that rant.

Well, I finished an HSO Indy 500 finally, and in the Top 10 to boot, not real happy about it though, as the cars was capable of a much higher finish. The start was a bit crazy. I had decided I would be Cautiously Aggressive early on while the field was bunched. I wasn't gonna do anything crazy. When the Green fell, Dave beside me went, but Francois in front of me did not, so I moved over and Dave was spooked by Francois not going and slowed and I had a head of steam and all I could see was the ever closing Gap between them, so I said to hell with it and shot the gap. Made it through unscathed and gained a few more positions. Got to Turn 1 and I lifted early and there was a massive checkup in front of me and I hit the brakes and was staring at the Snake Pit, somehow, I came out of Turn 1 in 1 piece, the car was straight, and I had actually gained another position. Rhys Millen would've been proud of that drift. Dave said it scared the hell out of him behind me.

After that things kind of settled down and I just tried to move up as best I could. One of the cautions, I was told to stay behind Fillipo and as I came around Turn 2 I saw him coming up out of the Warmup lane, so I slowed down and tucked in behind him when he suddenly slowed and I had to take some evasive action to avoid him, and ended up having a low speed spin, and I brushed against the wall trying to get turned back around. Jason asked me about this afterwards as the Broadcast picked it up. Now you know.

Prior to the last caution I had been working on catching up to Hackman and Ray. I was slowly closing the gap and then I lapped Ryon, for the 13th or so time....I wasn't trying to pit and I wasn't distracted, I was sick of losing time to the 8th and 9th place cars that I had been catching. I was defending my position, from a Multiple Laps down car at that...

Overall, I had a fairly clean race, did have a couple minor issues, I came down on Wilks in Turn 1 at one point, for which I apologize, my feet got ahead of my brain and I slapped the wall once, surprisingly only once with no damage. Finish wise, I needed this, but it could've and Should've been better but somethings caught me out.

BTW: I did get a Stop-Go on that last restart like everyone else. But I don't think it affected my finishing position.

Congrats Mick, that was an Embarrassing show of domination.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 4:21

Thank you Fitch that wasn't a rant that was the truth. There was also a lot of drivers that drove awesome races it was fun battling with some of you guys.

I want to congratulate Mick you were absolutely flying and kept great focus what a drive! Well deserved. :first: :flag: :clap:

Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 16:53

Just realised I ran this entire event without a spotter. What a Face

Did they use spotters in CART in 1988?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 16:58

I haven't managed to get my own spotter to work, and yet I ran with no problems. Broad field of view, the 3 virtual mirrors and some common sense suffice. Little Al ran with spotter and told me he had noticed already in the carb day practice the spotter was flawed and sometimes told him "clear" when there was a car still there.

Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 17:01

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Little Al ran with spotter and told me he had noticed already in the carb day practice the spotter was flawed and sometimes told him "clear" when there was a car still there.
I know it doesn't belong to CART, but I experienced the same thing in last BTCC race.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 17:16

Just one question..

are the results still under investigation, or I can start and celebrate my :third: place??

I have some girls I want to impress :cowboy2:  so c'mon!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 17:19

Results are definitive :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 17:20

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Results are definitive :top:

Oh boy... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 17:23

Raul Jereb wrote:
I have some girls I want to impress :cowboy2:  so c'mon!!!! lol!

Here's a man who has his priorities straight  Very Happy

Seriously, good job Raul.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 17:48

Jason Fitch wrote:

Some general observations...Some of you really need to learn how to oval race, as it's become clear you don't know what you're doing. This is my 5th Indy 500 with HSO, and who knows how many other Oval races, and it's always the SAME people who are out of control EVERY.SINGLE.RACE...There were at least 2 of you out there Sunday who had NO BUSINESS being there. You were out of control in EVERY CORNER....Super Speedways are about speed, yes. But that doesn't mean lay the wings out to 1 and hope for the best, that only works in Qualifying and sure as hell does NOT work in the race. Who cares that you can do 235 down the straight by yourself when you can only go 185 through the corners and everyone you just passed is passing you back. That is also assuming you actually manage to make the corner. How many of you that passed me did I fight with going into the corners? NOT ONE DAMN Person, I Let ALL of you go by into the turns, and I passed you back exiting the same turns, because damn near all of you washed out to the wall in the middle of the turn. End of that rant.

If it was really this bad, and from what you have said even in past Indy's then instead of ranting on the forum why not turn it around and educate these individuals via pm? If you messaged me giving me advice then id respect that and take it on board. But personally, ranting on and on is in my opinion useless if you ACTUALLY are wanting a change. Act on it in the more passive way and help them.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]   Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Indianapolis 500 [May 19th]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next