Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan]

Go down 
+25
Pascal Mikula
Timo Vermeersch
Raul Jereb
Jonatan Acerclinth
Petr Hlavac
Martin Lacina
Jason White
Jason Fitch
Richard Wilks
Rhys Gardiner
Raymond Riddall
Mick Chapman
Adam Hackman
David Jundt
David Jaques
David Sabre
Jason Whited
John Thim
Grant Riddall
Austin Johnson
Rob Swindells
Alberto Ibañez
Juha Bos
Jacob Fredriksson
Richard Coxon
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan]   Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019 - 9:50

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
Total bummer, since the Coyne car was behaving quite nicely until then
Sorry, Jacob, I couldn't avoid it. You were cutting the track when I got there. I went back to the pit to fix it, the engine overheated, because I forgot to assign a button to stop the engine. :doh:
Congratulations to the podium. :top:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan]   Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019 - 13:45

Sooo, here's a quick report.

David Jacques shared his setup which immediately made the car handle like a dream. I was suddenly quite confident that I might be able to finish the race Very Happy

Starting from P10 was all right, I've never been a decent qualifier. But it didn't take long when I realized that there's something wrong with my car. The rear end was very loose. I tried some Roll-Bar adjustments, but it mostly made things worse. Soon I found out that I had one click less on my rear wing. I have absolutely no idea when and how it happened, but it did. Thankfully, I made it to the first round of pit stops, adjusted the rear wing and from then on, it was simply a fantastic race. I had barely any issues. The only scary moment happened with 26 laps to go, when my Croatian friend Raul Jereb had a lazy spin and got into my way. But there were no consequences and I cruised to P3. I wasn't the fastest car on the track by far (16th fastest lap of the race Shocked  ), but I guess I was just lucky to have a clean race.

Grats to Richard, thanks to David and I'm really sorry for Austin. See you all in the concrete canyon at The Beach :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan]   Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019 - 17:32

I just want to thank Jonatan, Dave and Timo for the commentary and broadcast. All 3 of you did a fantastic job and i thoroughly enjoyed watching the race back. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan]   Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019 - 18:59

Richard Coxon wrote:
I just want to thank Jonatan, Dave and Timo for the commentary and broadcast. All 3 of you did a fantastic job and i thoroughly enjoyed watching the race back. :clap:

Yeah!!! I just watched it, really entertaining!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob Swindells
Club Driver

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan]   Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019 - 22:13

Richard Coxon wrote:

Hear hear!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan]   Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Checker 200 [20th Jan]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6