Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation


 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.

Go down 
+14
Mark Lynn
Steve Parker
Stig Bidstrup
Jim Carvalho
David Sabre
Pascal Mikula
Richard Wilks
Michal Janak
François Remmen
Alberto Ibañez
Jason Fitch
Gabriele Maruca
Michael Drechsler
Jacob Fredriksson
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca


Number of posts : 94
Age : 30
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2020 - 13:35

Hopefully it's the final version :D

https://mega.nz/file/y0MVBaYC#dC62p1gsdph-RZqUFu4UDi6TWhAYcoj8VkPTox1Gbak

Code:
Version 4.30 changelog


- Changed Behra's Maserati to Ken Wharton.
- Deleted Maserati badges from the 250Fs.
- Reworked textures and shaders to increase FPS performance (thanks BorekS!).
- Tuned up the gearshift parameters to better reflect the differences between the various types.
- Added intro video and new graphics.
- Added new pit workers.
- Slightly modified drawing distances and LODs to improve FPS.
- Fixed the Coventry Climax 2.0L exaggerated overheating: it should be more in line with historical reality.
Back to top Go down
Jim Carvalho
Club Driver
Jim Carvalho


Number of posts : 78
Age : 74
Location : Northern California
Registration date : 2013-08-11

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2020 - 4:42

Thank you, GM! :clap: Hope I can figure out how to get all the pieces in all the right places.
Back to top Go down
Mark Lynn
Rookie
Mark Lynn


Number of posts : 8
Location : Sunderland, UK
Registration date : 2020-03-24

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2020 - 12:16

Hi Jim, in case you're still struggling with this, the easy way is this:

When you have extracted the 7z archive you'll find a folder in there called Mod. Open that folder and you'll see 7 more folders starting with Extra and GameData (you will see matching folders in your rFactor install folder) copy or move ALL of those to your rFactor folder. You can just do it all in one operation by selecting them all and dragging them all over. You might then want to go in the Extra folder, extract the patch and run that to patch your rFactor.exe to use 4Gig of RAM, and you're done.
Back to top Go down
Jim Carvalho
Club Driver
Jim Carvalho


Number of posts : 78
Age : 74
Location : Northern California
Registration date : 2013-08-11

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2020 - 3:23

Thanks, Mark. :top: I'll take a look later. Last time the folder names were different. So I wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
Jim Carvalho
Club Driver
Jim Carvalho


Number of posts : 78
Age : 74
Location : Northern California
Registration date : 2013-08-11

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2020 - 4:29

Got it working. Wow! What a work of art and science! Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca


Number of posts : 94
Age : 30
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jun 2020 - 21:20

Just a quick hotfix to the tire pressures: nothing that much important, but the optimum pressure value was a bit too low.

https://mega.nz/file/fhc1BIaD#JxoQGfoowDke9CbyVo4ybkbf-ZW9YccpJpjR8gCO2ok
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca


Number of posts : 94
Age : 30
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2020 - 19:25

Version 4.30 b hotfix. It's a bit too complicated to write in a single post, so you're better off in reading the readme file Wink

https://mega.nz/file/749iRAIR#JA8Fcj1wrB639zlVy9K2s77jPGBs9JSekKOni6ushFg
Back to top Go down
Simtek
Rookie
Simtek


Number of posts : 2
Age : 23
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Registration date : 2020-09-10

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2020 - 0:04

Hello-first of all, this is a pretty stunning work you guys have done! I really love driving these cars; but, you see... I don't know if this is a problem of my own (by setting-up it badly or whatevs) or not, but the Vanwall car seems to...die too quickly. I mean, I tried to do a few laps on Reims with Moss's car, but I couldn't leave the box because the engine would blow-up after directly starting it (not even being able to move it or "force" it). I tested other cars (like Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus & Lancia, for example) and they all seem to work superbly fine. Any ideas of what could've caused this?
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca


Number of posts : 94
Age : 30
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2020 - 8:30

Simtek wrote:
Hello-first of all, this is a pretty stunning work you guys have done! I really love driving these cars; but, you see... I don't know if this is a problem of my own (by setting-up it badly or whatevs) or not, but the Vanwall car seems to...die too quickly. I mean, I tried to do a few laps on Reims with Moss's car, but I couldn't leave the box because the engine would blow-up after directly starting it (not even being able to move it or "force" it). I tested other cars (like Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus & Lancia, for example) and they all seem to work superbly fine. Any ideas of what could've caused this?

Seems to me that you're either forcing it too much on startup (don't worry, it happens) or you have random damages activated in the rF menu.
My first advice would be to set the damages to "normal". If that doesn't fix it, try putting yourself in neutral at around 5000 RPM and play with the clutch and 1st gear until you can start.
When changing gears, don't use the full RPM range unless it's absolutely necessary: if you stay right on (or a little below) the maximum power figure, you should be alright Smile
Back to top Go down
Simtek
Rookie
Simtek


Number of posts : 2
Age : 23
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Registration date : 2020-09-10

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2020 - 19:09

Gabriele Maruca wrote:
Simtek wrote:
Hello-first of all, this is a pretty stunning work you guys have done! I really love driving these cars; but, you see... I don't know if this is a problem of my own (by setting-up it badly or whatevs) or not, but the Vanwall car seems to...die too quickly. I mean, I tried to do a few laps on Reims with Moss's car, but I couldn't leave the box because the engine would blow-up after directly starting it (not even being able to move it or "force" it). I tested other cars (like Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus & Lancia, for example) and they all seem to work superbly fine. Any ideas of what could've caused this?

Seems to me that you're either forcing it too much on startup (don't worry, it happens) or you have random damages activated in the rF menu.
My first advice would be to set the damages to "normal". If that doesn't fix it, try putting yourself in neutral at around 5000 RPM and play with the clutch and 1st gear until you can start.
When changing gears, don't use the full RPM range unless it's absolutely necessary: if you stay right on (or a little below) the maximum power figure, you should be alright Smile
Yeah... I was too foolish and I didn't figure out how to handle it until some days after I posted this haha. I managed to get it working as you said-I was being too reckless on the power and the car died too quickly due this. I managed to sort it out with some gearbox-modifying (setup-wise talking), and I can tell Vanwall's, so far, the fastest one! Thank you for the quick answer!

Another question, although I dunno if it's okay to ask here-is there any place where I can follow 1951's mod progress? ^^
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca


Number of posts : 94
Age : 30
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2020 - 21:08

Simtek wrote:

Yeah... I was too foolish and I didn't figure out how to handle it until some days after I posted this haha. I managed to get it working as you said-I was being too reckless on the power and the car died too quickly due this. I managed to sort it out with some gearbox-modifying (setup-wise talking), and I can tell Vanwall's, so far, the fastest one! Thank you for the quick answer!

Another question, although I dunno if it's okay to ask here-is there any place where I can follow 1951's mod progress? ^^

No worries mate! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! Smile

The 1951 mod's development is all on the new F1Classic forum: https://www.f1classic.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13

Salvatore Sirignano and Simtek like this post

Back to top Go down
Salvatore Sirignano
Rookie
Salvatore Sirignano


Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-11-10

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2020 - 23:52

Gabriele Maruca wrote:
Simtek wrote:

Yeah... I was too foolish and I didn't figure out how to handle it until some days after I posted this haha. I managed to get it working as you said-I was being too reckless on the power and the car died too quickly due this. I managed to sort it out with some gearbox-modifying (setup-wise talking), and I can tell Vanwall's, so far, the fastest one! Thank you for the quick answer!

Another question, although I dunno if it's okay to ask here-is there any place where I can follow 1951's mod progress? ^^

No worries mate! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! Smile

The 1951 mod's development is all on the new F1Classic forum: https://www.f1classic.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13

Gabriele, thanks so much for your works, I cannot wait for the 51 mod! Please could you share the progress here? There is no way to register on the other forum! Sad
It's weird, there is no option on the page anywhere!
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn


Number of posts : 924
Age : 39
Location : Czech republic
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2020 - 8:30

Gabriele Maruca wrote:
Simtek wrote:

Yeah... I was too foolish and I didn't figure out how to handle it until some days after I posted this haha. I managed to get it working as you said-I was being too reckless on the power and the car died too quickly due this. I managed to sort it out with some gearbox-modifying (setup-wise talking), and I can tell Vanwall's, so far, the fastest one! Thank you for the quick answer!

Another question, although I dunno if it's okay to ask here-is there any place where I can follow 1951's mod progress? ^^

No worries mate! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! Smile

The 1951 mod's development is all on the new F1Classic forum: https://www.f1classic.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13

how can I get access? I cannot see any otion to register

_________________
I am ashamed for my stats way too much to show them :D
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca


Number of posts : 94
Age : 30
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2020 - 8:47

Salvatore Sirignano wrote:


Gabriele, thanks so much for your works, I cannot wait for the 51 mod! Please could you share the progress here? There is no way to register on the other forum! Sad
It's weird, there is no option on the page anywhere!

Yeah, there have been some issues lately (as in "the last two months") with the forum's infrastructure: it's all relatively new, so it's not working properly. With time it will, W96 knows his stuff. Smile

Just ask him on the "contact the team" link Wink

https://www.f1classic.net/memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin

Salvatore Sirignano likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula


Number of posts : 1163
Age : 21
Location : Classic Motorsport Hub
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2020 - 11:23

Didn't the forum recently have to battle against the (scummy and scammy) shitshow that is Sim Dream Development? I think I remember something like that from a couple months ago...

_________________
Owner of Classic Motorsport Hub - Your #1 Historic Sim Racing Network! Join the spiritual successor of HSO @ https://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net  :hello:




2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 7McLaren

Gabriele Maruca likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Salvatore Sirignano
Rookie
Salvatore Sirignano


Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-11-10

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2020 - 11:24

Gabriele Maruca wrote:
Salvatore Sirignano wrote:


Gabriele, thanks so much for your works, I cannot wait for the 51 mod! Please could you share the progress here? There is no way to register on the other forum! Sad
It's weird, there is no option on the page anywhere!

Yeah, there have been some issues lately (as in "the last two months") with the forum's infrastructure: it's all relatively new, so it's not working properly. With time it will, W96 knows his stuff. Smile

Just ask him on the "contact the team" link Wink

https://www.f1classic.net/memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin

Thanks Gabriele :hello:
Yeah I sent him a message a week or so ago and he said that they had some problems with bots if I remember correctly. I look forward to being able to visit the page. bounce

Gabriele Maruca likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca


Number of posts : 94
Age : 30
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2020 - 13:22

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Didn't the forum recently have to battle against the (scummy and scammy) shitshow that is Sim Dream Development? I think I remember something like that from a couple months ago...

That's exactly the case. In short...

- Simdream takes the F167 RF1 mod from F1Classic, applies some modifiers to the models and calls it a day for 10 Euros.
- GPLEA and F1Classic are pissed at this and decide to set aside their squabble if that meant teaching Simdream a lesson.
- Bazza takes the helm of the AC "remix" project, with help coming from all over the place: it's released for free.
- Mod is a success and starts cutting into Simdream's bottom line: the Romanians (later found to be likely Russians) send a slew of fraudolent CnD and DMCA notices, even impersonating FBI personnel to intimidate Forumotion.
- Forumotion doesn't want ANY of that and sends the notice to W96 for the F1Classic forum without telling him what is actually going on and what to remove. I suggest to back up everything and move shop to another system and provider. W96 agrees since he's so fed up with Forumotion's BS over the years.
- Simdream's not having it and starts a PR campaign on reddit to discredit every modder talking ill about the team: just check u/Fearless_Refuse_5235, likely a SD's suckup at the very least.
- Meanwhile, on the new forum (f1classic.net) the rebuilding takes place: it's not long until a horde of bots comes in and tries to mess stuff up. So registrations are halted for a while until there's a reliable way to stop the bots, since even captchas didn't work properly. There's some suspicion that it's SD's sending those.


Yeah, that's the short story.

Pascal Mikula, Salvatore Sirignano and Simtek like this post

Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula


Number of posts : 1163
Age : 21
Location : Classic Motorsport Hub
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2020 - 14:09

Bumping an old thread, sorry about that.

Anyway, I downloaded that mod and have had the best time ever on Spa '58 wheeling these cars around. However I noticed these cars (especially the Lotus 16 and Ferrari 246/58 as far as I noticed) start to overheat easy. Am I missing something or did I do something wrong there?

_________________
Owner of Classic Motorsport Hub - Your #1 Historic Sim Racing Network! Join the spiritual successor of HSO @ https://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net  :hello:




2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 7McLaren
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca


Number of posts : 94
Age : 30
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2020 - 15:06

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Bumping an old thread, sorry about that.

Anyway, I downloaded that mod and have had the best time ever on Spa '58 wheeling these cars around. However I noticed these cars (especially the Lotus 16 and Ferrari 246/58 as far as I noticed) start to overheat easy. Am I missing something or did I do something wrong there?

Don't worry Pascal: the Lotuses were well known for being boilers, but the Ferrari... not so much.

Try this version of the mod: delete the old versions first in the rFactor folder and it should be alright Smile

Code:
Mod v. 4.30 All-In-One (DELETE THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS FIRST!) - https://mega.nz/file/y0MVBaYC#dC62p1gsdph-RZqUFu4UDi6TWhAYcoj8VkPTox1Gbak
Hotfix v. 4.30a (Just overwrite if needed) - https://mega.nz/file/fhc1BIaD#JxoQGfoowDke9CbyVo4ybkbf-ZW9YccpJpjR8gCO2ok
Hotfix v. 4.30b (Just overwrite if needed) - https://mega.nz/file/749iRAIR#JA8Fcj1wrB639zlVy9K2s77jPGBs9JSekKOni6ushFg
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula


Number of posts : 1163
Age : 21
Location : Classic Motorsport Hub
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2020 - 15:31

Gabriele Maruca wrote:

Code:
Mod v. 4.30 All-In-One (DELETE THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS FIRST!) - https://mega.nz/file/y0MVBaYC#dC62p1gsdph-RZqUFu4UDi6TWhAYcoj8VkPTox1Gbak
Hotfix v. 4.30a (Just overwrite if needed) - https://mega.nz/file/fhc1BIaD#JxoQGfoowDke9CbyVo4ybkbf-ZW9YccpJpjR8gCO2ok
Hotfix v. 4.30b (Just overwrite if needed) - https://mega.nz/file/749iRAIR#JA8Fcj1wrB639zlVy9K2s77jPGBs9JSekKOni6ushFg

I installed those in that order :-/ Well, I suppose I'll have to keep that long gearing on the Lotus, heh..

_________________
Owner of Classic Motorsport Hub - Your #1 Historic Sim Racing Network! Join the spiritual successor of HSO @ https://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net  :hello:




2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 7McLaren
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca


Number of posts : 94
Age : 30
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: "With a little help of my friends..."   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2022 - 11:59

Hi guys!

It's time for another revision: this time, with the help of HSO, ISO and AMSU members, I hope to have achieved what I can genuinely call the last revision of the mod. I'm sorry for the long wait, but between work and the other mods, things got a bit out of hand... ^^;

I suggest you delete all previous installments of the mod, in order to avoid mixups Smile

Version 4.35 patch changelog

- Fixed brake fading on all cars, now it should activate over 60°C. Thanks to Niels Heusinkveld for the help!
- Fixed the Ferrari's rear brake lock-up and twitchy behaviour, by improving the engine back-torque and revisioning the HDV parameters for the springs. Thanks for the help, Wilks and GTSpeedster!
- Fixed the cam-and-pawl diff on all cars, now it's 35-ish % power, 0% coast as per SAE recommendations.
- Changed the PM files for the De Dion tube, attenuating the tendency to steer right while under acceleration.
- Quality-of-life fixes.

https://mega.nz/file/CxtUXTbI#3gUHfO_k2V26D8j_zkFyjdssIuBUcxzWfGsWE6PY1nU

Frank Verplanken, Pascal Mikula and Giacomo Righi like this post

Back to top Go down
Giacomo Righi
Rookie
Giacomo Righi


Number of posts : 4
Age : 48
Location : Lake Verbano, Italy
Registration date : 2022-02-27

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2022 - 22:15

Gabriele Maruca wrote:
Hi guys!

It's time for another revision: this time, with the help of HSO, ISO and AMSU members, I hope to have achieved what I can genuinely call the last revision of the mod. I'm sorry for the long wait, but between work and the other mods, things got a bit out of hand... ^^;

I suggest you delete all previous installments of the mod, in order to avoid mixups Smile

Version 4.35 patch changelog

- Fixed brake fading on all cars, now it should activate over 60°C. Thanks to Niels Heusinkveld for the help!
- Fixed the Ferrari's rear brake lock-up and twitchy behaviour, by improving the engine back-torque and revisioning the HDV parameters for the springs. Thanks for the help, Wilks and GTSpeedster!
- Fixed the cam-and-pawl diff on all cars, now it's 35-ish % power, 0% coast as per SAE recommendations.
- Changed the PM files for the De Dion tube, attenuating the tendency to steer right while under acceleration.
- Quality-of-life fixes.


Hello Gabriele, when I read this message I couldn't keep myself from registering and participating here. You are GREAT, and thanks a lot for the latest fix, I still haven't tested it but I'm super happy you made it :top: . If you received some hints about a man who hassled with the lockup of the Ferrari rear wheels in prolonged braking and with almost empty tank, well, that's me! Embarassed
PS: double thumbs up for your profile picture Wink

Gabriele Maruca likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca


Number of posts : 94
Age : 30
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2022 - 22:17

[quote="Giacomo Righi"]
Gabriele Maruca wrote:
Hi guys!

Hello Gabriele, when I read this message I couldn't keep myself from registering and participating here. You are GREAT, and thanks a lot for the latest fix, I still haven't tested it but I'm super happy you made it :top: . If you received some hints about a man who hassled with the lockup of the Ferrari rear wheels in prolonged braking and with almost empty tank, well, that's me! Embarassed
PS: double thumbs up for your profile picture Wink

No worries mate, I was unaware of the problem since I don't have much time to drive... ^^;

Giacomo Righi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Giacomo Righi
Rookie
Giacomo Righi


Number of posts : 4
Age : 48
Location : Lake Verbano, Italy
Registration date : 2022-02-27

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Mar 2022 - 21:06

Hi, I found only a Spa Francorchamps track expressly made for 1958 environment. I have found various trackpacks around the net, a big one of the sixties plus another for sixtyseven, but I'm wondering if there is a dedicated trackpack for '58...
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca


Number of posts : 94
Age : 30
Location : Latina, Italy
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Mar 2022 - 21:08

Giacomo, don't worry: it's how it's supposed to be. There's no 58 trackpack other than François's and Philrob's Spa Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.   Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Formula One 1958 [RF1] by O.R.M.
Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Formula 5000 and Formula Libre cars at Mont-Tremblant | July 2011
» [rFactor 1] Soviet Union's Formula 1 / Formula Easter
» [WORK IN PROGRESS] ORM F1 1958 - rF1 - The Workthread.
» SPA FRANCORCHAMPS 1958 FDsign & Philrob rFactor
» Formula 1 1988 for rF2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Mods-
Jump to: