Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km

Go down 
+31
Filippo Marazzi
Brian Janik
Matthias Weber
Gérard Ryon
Oyvind Andersen
Jacob Fredriksson
Lee Gibson
Steve Parker
David Jundt
David Jaques
Bruno Chacon
Raymond Riddall
Grant Riddall
Yves Plaçais
Raul Jereb
Mick Chapman
Dave Miller
Mark Craggs
Richard Coxon
Michael Drechsler
Jason White
Juha Bos
Pascal Mikula
Thiago Canola
David Sabre
Jan Kowalski
Jason Fitch
Jan Prusa
John Thim
Alberto Ibañez
Jonatan Acerclinth
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Dec 2018 - 21:41

well that was short race,damaged inflicted on parade lap by people thinking they are racing caused steering damage,after that car was near impossible to drive.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Dec 2018 - 21:43

lost connection :doh:
Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Dec 2018 - 21:49

terrible short race, also my car was damaged in parade lap... flashing car of Philippe create me problem, causing my terrible braking error at first turn...sorry everyone I hit ...very very sorry :doh:
sad way to finish this wonderfull touring season after 5 funny races
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Dec 2018 - 22:34

Michael, Im sorry for hitting you..
I lost my concentration for half a second, missed the braking point, and just became passenger..

Nice race, but T1 crash in lap one made something odd with my car, and it started to be progresively worce.. with not enough practice and very tired, finaly I decided to park the car, before any more damage is made.

Thanks Jonatan for your efferts, really nice champ..
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Dec 2018 - 23:07

Crashed out with 30 minutes left on the clock, trying to catch up to Juha.

Not much to say about my race. Had Jundt behind me all the time, survived about a million divebomb, ramming, etc. attempts or whatever, finally spun at the worst corner in racing history from some kind of bump in my back. I wonder what it was.

Grant was next, he hit the wall but came back. 
I pitted, thought my tires were good for the last 45 minutes of the race, but the "SOB" corner, as I call it, got me again and I lost my bumper, probably my steering but definitely my will to continue driving.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Dec 2018 - 23:09

well my idea failed miserably lol!

Nothing to gain and nothing to lose championship wise so thought why not 2 stop. First stint was hellish as I put mediums on.. within 5 laps my temps were 150 front right and just not drivable.

Pitted earlier than expected switched to v.hards and had so much pace. Had some great racing and a fantastic race with Pascal. I was gripped all the way through, battle carried on after Jan Titz over took me with maybe a bit too much aggression for my liking.. cant say I was too pleased.

Race ended by getting a puncture front right after a collision with the wall.

Thank you all for the season, Thank you Jonathon for the great organising and broadcasting. Was fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Dec 2018 - 23:44

I owe an apology to Bruno for the last lap; I had made an error that led him to catch me; I was desperate to recover, and the red mist took over.  This is why I don't race in the real world; I am prone to lapses of judgement like this  Embarassed. It didn't help that my brakes and tires were spent, and I was having a really hard time controlling the car.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Dec 2018 - 23:48

Jason White wrote:
I owe an apology to Bruno for the last lap; I had made an error that led him to catch me; I was desperate to recover, and the red mist took over.  This is why I don't race in the real world; I am prone to lapses of judgement like this  Embarassed. It didn't help that my brakes and tires were spent, and I was having a really hard time controlling the car.

No problem Jason White, I did everything possible to try to get past you without touching your car.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 0:38

Well, didn't expect much, got even less, and yeah, no thanks for disfiguring my car before T1, so I'm already a lap down before I finished the first...

...as standing on two legs is easier than on one, another brake shunt well before halftime that sent me into the wall and bent my steering. Second repair stop. Now I had a bit of breathing space, because I had a free track in front of me and could go my own rhythm now, which I couldn't before because I was stuck behind the second to last car. I was a second faster per lap right away. All was okay, until I started to prepare for my first kind of regular pit stop. I missed my braking point into Town Hall Corner and lost half a minute again. After the stop, I could put down my fastest laps and got closer to David in front of me, but I had a little unfortunate incident at that left-right combo before the cobbled section, which had my wheel standing completely askew, so third time into the pits for a repair stop...

...turned out it was actually not neccessary, because that was one of those strange incidents where the wheel calibration gets lost. Turning completely to the left did reset it, but another 20 seconds lost. But the timing for the last fuel stop was perfect, from there I could complete the race. I had another unfortunate off into the barrier 15 minutes from the end braking into the first hairpin, that set me completely off rhythm and put some more damage to the car. But the last place was solidified a long way ago.

Initially, I planned with a two stop strategy and medium tires. Dunno where that strategy would have carried me. In the end, I drove way harder than I had planned to, because I still had a hope to fetch David, but that wasn't to happen.
Back to top Go down
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2018-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 0:41

Filippo Marazzi wrote:
terrible short race, also my car was damaged in parade lap... flashing car of Philippe create me problem, causing my terrible braking error at first turn...sorry everyone I hit ...very very sorry :doh:
sad way to finish this wonderfull touring season after 5 funny races

Really sorry Filippo. I did tap you on the parade lap getting caught out by the last Jam. I actually thought I was not in the right position and was trying to "carefully" get to what I thought was the right position. Turned out I was in the correct position anyway (idiot).

However, I was only responsible the tap. I got rear ended hard about a second after that which did some fairly significant damage to my car (and yours).

Anyway apologies again, it was pretty inexcusable on the parade lap Sad

Last edited by Mark Craggs on Mon 3 Dec 2018 - 0:49; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 0:41

Final points and results are up. :flag:

Congrats to David Jaques on the race win, great job to recover from the heartbreak of Mosport

And Congrats to Matthias Weber on taking the title :first:

Thanks for a great season. Hopefully we can see some of you again next year :drink:
Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 0:51

No problem Mark Smile
Back to top Go down
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 1:09

Thanks Filippo Smile
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 1:51

Great race guys!!!

Had a script to try my best for the title but it didn't happen as I planned. :aie: I couldn't keep up with the speed of the V8's early in the race. I was already in 4th place and got passed by Pascal who had a spin blocking my against the wall. Shit happens...lol! Lost 4 positions down to 8th. Juha overtook me too and I got stuck behind him for about 20 laps. I was impressed for the lack of overtaking areas (for lower powered cars). I decided to make my pit stop earlier in lap 25, put 100L and new set of tires to go til the end.

I made some profits, but not much.
In the end, the last 15 laps were a nightmare. Had no grip anymore. Was a little faster than Matthias but couldn't overtake, so Jacob closed the gap and had both of us at once. Great stuff!

I have to check the replay to see what happened to Yves.

Congratulations David!! Dominant win!!:first: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 3108518133

Congratulations to Matthias for the championship!! Well deserved!!:first: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 3108518133

Thank you Jonathan and HSO!
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 9:59

+1!

That was a fun race, though it did not go to plan. Had a horrible start, or actually, had a great start, but a slow starting Alfa got in my way which I bumped into, which left me stranded in the middle of the track with zero revs. Had to bump the clutch to not stall, and I think I was down to 16th in turn 1.

Eventually got running and picked cars off one by one in the first 10 laps of the race. Had a great fight with Titz for 4th, but just after I got by, I had a crash. My car was bent and I lost at least 10 seconds on track, and could never match the lap times I had been doing for the first 3rd of the race.

So did an earlier than planned pit stop, which led me into having that fight with Thiago and our champ Weber (I had no idea Weber was racing for the championship, so I raced him like I would race anyone else). Three very different cars, but we managed to race each other as cleanly as touring car racing allows. I was adament that I wouldn't be losing out in such a battle, but I had to pass them both twice for it to actually stick. Was really happy with 3rd after this long, gruelling race!

So thanks all for this championship. Not going to plan for me, as I missed half of the races, but I had fun in the three I raced in.

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 10:31

Broadcast is processed and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpvYi06Wwpg

A longer final rant about the season will come later today. Doing this while at work (shame on me :aie: )
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 15:58

Some errors in the point standings around 8-9-10th place. Wink
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 16:00

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

You sure?  scratch :hihi:

Thanks for notifying me  :top:
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 16:43

Richard Coxon wrote:
Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

You sure?  scratch :hihi:

Thanks for notifying me  :top:

Shows Ray Riddall getting no points for this round...
Not true, since I wanted to pass him for most of the race, but couldnt. Waited for mistake that never happened, until I made my own. He earned them with a solid error free drive. :top:

Tried to make tires last a little too long before pitting, think I should have pushed harder earlier but mostly wanted to make it to the finish. Race was more fun than expected, despite getting gobbled up on the straight all the time. Had a short heated inter-Alfa battle with CC, but mostly clean. Sector 3 is Epic fun!!!
Kinda wish season wasn't over now that I'm getting the hang of it bounce

Congrats Podium, and to MW for Champ.
Thank you Jonatan for series and broadcasts
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 17:10

Brian Janik wrote:

Shows Ray Riddall getting no points for this round...
Not true, since I wanted to pass him for most of the race, but couldnt. Waited for mistake that never happened, until I made my own. He earned them with a solid error free drive. :top:

:doh:
Corrected now
Thanks for informing me :top:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Dec 2018 - 22:18

What can i say? Phantastic season ended in a "finale furioso" What a Face

Had so much fun this season and this cars - the fights at the end of yesterdays race with Jacob and Thiago were amazing (sadly we lost Yves to the walls in Wellington).

Couldn't nearly match the pace of David Jaques, so P5 in qualy was ok for me.
My start was mediocre, so lost some positions and didn't want to take too much risk.
While trying to overtake Pascal, i completely missed my braking point at Town Hall Corner and ended up in the emergency exit. :doh:
Couldn't count how much positions i lost, so i lost my confidence in winnign the championship seeing Yves & Jan at the front pullign away - just to bee surprised to see Thiago some minutes later again on the track.

Short after that another mistake trying to accelerate faster than Juha resulting in a spin and losing positions again. :aie:

From then on my race went smooth, changed tires right at 50% of the distance and gained one positions after another, finally finding myself on P3 only 15 seconds behind Jan Titz. But my tires were not the best anymore and soon some guys appeared in my mirrors. Counting my points while racing, i knew it would be ok to finish 5th if Jan isn't winning - but the fun to race against those great guys made my mind ignore the risks trying to save that last podium spot.

That didn't work out, but because of Thiago's "Mitsubishi power" i was able to finish 4th at least.

Thanks HSO for this short season, missed that wednesday races, so this was exactly what i needed! And first time in a competitive car from my point of view i nailed it and got that championship :champ:

Many many thanks to Jonatan for sacrificing his "drive" to broadcast everythink - you did an amazing job, and it was really nice to here you laugh at the same time at the end of the race while enjoying those fights on track! :top:

:first: :drink:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Dec 2018 - 8:05

Excellent work on the broadcast again Jonatan. Very much enjoyed last night. Much appreciated as always.
Back to top Go down
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Dec 2018 - 23:26

Finally I got a chance to get into HSO racing series- after almost a year of watchinng broadcasts and excellent racing action.

Last round of NZTC championship was the most demanding race for me so far- never before I was running distance with tire/fuel related pit-stops.

After reviewing the replay I would like to apologize to Brian for my irresponsible overtaking attempt- despte having small speed advantage at the exit of T4 there was no way to finish it safely before T5 (that idea was as short minded as the distance between T4 and T5 is) Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 3108518133

Congratulations to Matthias :first:
Jan-thanks for showing turbocharged flying brick capabilities :second:
Thiago :third: - never thought that small and nimble Starion can ever be a championship challenger Shocked

And thank you all HSO drivers- racing with you is a privilege !
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019 - 9:51

Mark Craggs was classified 13th in this race, so that means he scored 3 points. But he is missing in the standings table, is it a mistake or am I wrong about something?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019 - 10:05

Corrected, thanks for noticing. :top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km   Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Wellington 500 Km
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next