Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings from Czech Republic

Go down 
+6
Jason Whited
Michael Drechsler
Alberto Ibañez
Pascal Mikula
David Sabre
Lukáš Vydra
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

Greetings from Czech Republic Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 12:23

Hello there Smile I am new here but I am not a novice in general, I was racing since 2009 in some Czech and then foreign rFactor leagues, so I am maybe slow but quite experienced through various series and even endurance racing. As the "old" league is going to be unable to offer any races next year and I don't want to finish my rFactor career yet, I've been searching for some other league and I found this Smile I can't wait to join you on the track Smile
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 12:38

Welcome abroad Lukáš. :hello:

Most of our races next year will be with Automobilista therefore you will need to have that sim.
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 12:45

Damnit! Alright, I continue in searching, even Assetto was too hard for me.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 12:56

Automobilista is based on rFactor1. It is very similar but it has better graphics and some improved features such as dirt pickup on the tyres. Automobilista is worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 13:16

David Sabre wrote:
Automobilista is based on rFactor1. It is very similar but it has better graphics and some improved features such as dirt pickup on the tyres. Automobilista is worth checking out.
I'd even wait until Black Friday to pick it up with a nice discount Wink Also it is strongly recommended to get the DLC Season Pass to have the complete game.

Oh, also Welcome to HSO, Lukáš!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 13:18

Lukáš Vydra wrote:
Damnit! Alright, I continue in searching, even Assetto was too hard for me.

There are going to be some open races and wednesday series in rfactor. The main sunday series next year will be in AMS, though. The announcement of the 2019 HSO season will be this month BTW Wink
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 14:53

Oh dear, looks like even less racing next year. I just can't pursuate AMS to run on my computer...

Anyways, welcome to the madhouse, Lukas! Smile
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 14:57

Quote :
I just can't pursuate AMS to run on my computer

How so? If you can run rfactor you can likely run AMS, even if lowering some settings  :hum:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 15:01

Well, well, well....Mr. Vydra.

How's it going, Lukas!
Good to see you here. And you've certainly came to the right place.

Grab AMS, stick around a while, you might just find you love it here.

....what do you mean, AC was "too hard"......difficulty? Or you mean on your PC?

Anyways, glad you found the place and hope you'll join us for some racing in the future. Great racing here with a really great bunch of hardcore sim racing types that can never get enough. I think you'll enjoy it. :top:

:hello:

Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 17:05

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
I just can't pursuate AMS to run on my computer

How so? If you can run rfactor you can likely run AMS, even if lowering some settings  :hum:

Upon trying to start AMS, all I get is a 'AMS has encountered a problem and needs to close'-message within seconds.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 19:38

Well if you have AMS already, we can try to solve the problem. Have you contacted Steam or Reiza to let them know what the problem is?

Here is a good compilation of tips:

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/i-cant-run-automobilista-official-troubleshooting-topic.40/
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 21:26

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
There are going to be some open races and wednesday series in rfactor. The main sunday series next year will be in AMS, though. The announcement of the 2019 HSO season will be this month BTW Wink
That's bad for me, as I am working in the afternoons on working days. Only free weekends and National Days. Maybe I will try Automobilista, but I am worried my pace will be similar like on AC.

Jason Whited wrote:
Well, well, well....Mr. Vydra.

How's it going, Lukas!  
Good to see you here.  And you've certainly came to the right place.  

Grab AMS, stick around a while, you might just find you love it here.  

....what do you mean, AC was "too hard"......difficulty?  Or you mean on your PC?

Anyways, glad you found the place and hope you'll join us for some racing in the future.  Great racing here with a really great bunch of hardcore sim racing types that can never get enough.  I think you'll enjoy it.   :top:

:hello:

Hi Jason, I've missed you on that previous league Smile Well, I was normally at least two seconds per a lap slower than the slowest driver except me, rarely happening on rFactor.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 22:01

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Well if you have AMS already, we can try to solve the problem. Have you contacted Steam or Reiza to let them know what the problem is?

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/i-cant-run-automobilista-official-troubleshooting-topic.40/

Had a look at it, went through the applicable advices, but neither is my problem listed, nor does anything change anything. That bloody thing goes south so fast, it doesn't even log anything. I'll have a look into my graphics drivers tomorrow, but else, I'm pretty much through with it.

(oh, and maybe it is worthwhile to put the discussion into a separate thread, didn't want to hijack this one)
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 22:25

Quote :
(oh, and maybe it is worthwhile to put the discussion into a separate thread, didn't want to hijack this one)

OK. If anything, try deleting your profile folder in My Documents. Has allowed me to restart rFactor lots of times after a mod got corrupt while tinkering files.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 22:32

Michael Drechsler wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:

Had a look at it, went through the applicable advices, but neither is my problem listed, nor does anything change anything. That bloody thing goes south so fast, it doesn't even log anything. I'll have a look into my graphics drivers tomorrow, but else, I'm pretty much through with it.

Seems as good a place as any, since it's already been mentioned, momentarily anyways.
Have you tried running the config file so you can look at the various settings there, before starting AMS?

That's step one with an issue like you describe, imo.
Second step, if running the config and setting it up correctly doesn't do the trick, is to verify your game files through Steam. (You may know how to do this, it's handy sometimes with problems like this, but if not, just say the word and I could try to walk you through it)

Between those things, the game 'should' at least start up to menu.

Good luck.

Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 22:40

Lukáš Vydra wrote:

Hi Jason, I've missed you on that previous league Smile Well, I was normally at least two seconds per a lap slower than the slowest driver except me, rarely happening on rFactor.

I think you'll find many here very willing to help you improve your skills. Even if not directly, a lot can be learned from many here if you are willing to pay attention and learn.

AMS is more advanced than rF1, so there is a true "race line" and there are marbles offline. The tires are more complex, there is dirt/grass pickup with repercussions, etc etc. Yes, initially if one is accustomed to the likes of rF1, this will be more difficult. You cannot get away with some of the things one can in rF.

But, after it clicks, it clicks, and it becomes a bit harder to go backwards.
I love rF...but I only use it here now (and only because HSO mods are simply top notch)

AMS is superior in many ways, it is well worth it to go through the hassle of setting it up, getting stuff like ffb lined out properly, learning the can nots associated with a more advanced simulation. You won't regret it, it just takes a bit of work on driver end :yaa:

Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 22:57

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :

OK. If anything, try deleting your profile folder in My Documents. Has allowed me to restart rFactor lots of times after a mod got corrupt while tinkering files.

It doesn't even exist.

Jason Whited wrote:
Seems as good a place as any, since it's already been mentioned, momentarily anyways.
Have you tried running the config file so you can look at the various settings there, before starting AMS?

The config.exe? Yes, tried dozens of combinations.

Quote :
Second step, if running the config and setting it up correctly doesn't do the trick, is to verify your game files through Steam.  (You may know how to do this, it's handy sometimes with problems like this, but if not, just say the word and I could try to walk you through it)

Did that too, one file got replaced, but same result

Quote :

Good luck.

As mentioned before, it fails within seconds from starting the .EXE
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 23:04

Michael Drechsler wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :

It doesn't even exist.

Jason Whited wrote:

The config.exe? Yes, tried dozens of combinations.

Quote :
Second step, if running the config and setting it up correctly doesn't do the trick, is to verify your game files through Steam.  (You may know how to do this, it's handy sometimes with problems like this, but if not, just say the word and I could try to walk you through it)

Did that too, one file got replaced, but same result

Quote :

Good luck.

As mentioned before, it fails within seconds from starting the .EXE

The file Alberto mentioned does exist. It's just not in the Automobilista root folder.
It's in "My Documents > Automobilista > User Data > "your name" > PLR is in there.

Creating a new player profile is often a recommended one for attempting this sort of fix.

I'd also say you could do two other things.
Could run a trace, see why the game is crashing.

And/or completely uninstall and reinstall AMS, start from scratch. (If you do that, don't forget to purge the Automobilista file that has been created in "My Documents")

Personally, I'd first run the trace.
A lot can sometimes be garnered from that.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 23:16

That's the issue: there is no 'Automobilisa' folder in 'My Documents'. I'm also trying to start it in admin mode, to answer the next question Wink

Reinstalled twice through the course of the last year, didn't do a change
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 23:24

Michael Drechsler wrote:
That's the issue: there is no 'Automobilisa' folder in 'My Documents'. I'm also trying to start it in admin mode, to answer the next question Wink

Reinstalled twice through the course of the last year, didn't do a change

Ok, then it is somewhere else.  ...but I assure you, it exists.  
Can you locate your AMS PLR file? (There's one in both the AMS root, and in the my documents AMS folder)

ETA: A guy in my league had an issue finding this AMS folder I speak of as well, he explained it to me but I forgot what he said :hihi:
...I will ask him again, if you have not found it, and report back.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 23:36

Jason Whited wrote:
Ok, then it is somewhere else.  ...but I assure you, it exists.  
Can you locate your AMS PLR file?  (There's one in both the AMS root, and in the my documents AMS folder)

ETA:  A guy in my league had an issue finding this AMS folder I speak of as well, he explained it to me but I forgot what he said :hihi:
...I will ask him again, if you have not found it, and report back.

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista, I presume?

Edit:

I had a look at a backupped, blank, untouched GTR2, which is also based on the rF-engine, which also has no player file, yet. If I go by that, AMS completely fails before it even gets to a point of creating a player profile.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 23:45

Michael Drechsler wrote:

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista, I presume?

Edit:

I had a look at a backupped, blank, untouched GTR2, which is also based on the rF-engine, which also has no player file, yet. If I go by that, AMS completely fails before it even gets to a point of creating a player profile.

Yes, but there is another. There are two, the file is duplicated in AMS, which is not the case in rF, and I assume GTR2 as well, but cannot be sure there.

Have you ever had it actually running?
You're saying you've never once had it go to the menu, that since day one you've installed it it's done this?
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 23:52

Jason Whited wrote:
You're saying you've never once had it go to the menu, that since day one you've installed it it's done this?
Right, from the very fist day it crashed right after starting.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018 - 0:03

Michael Drechsler wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:

Ok, hum.  study

Can you tell me (if you want, of course) some of your system specs...CPU, GPU, RAM.

And more importantly, have you tried to run a trace on the game so you can see a log to analyze what is causing the crash?  

[will come back to this post with a link on how exactly to do that from devs]

At this link you can find how to run the trace.
Also, you could use that forum to communicate with the devs (or at least some more knowledgeable people)
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018 - 0:32

Jason Whited wrote:
Michael Drechsler wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:

Ok, hum.  study

Can you tell me (if you want, of course) some of your system specs...CPU, GPU, RAM.

AMD FX-6300, 4 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6850 or 6870 with 1 GB RAM.

Quote :
And more importantly, have you tried to run a trace on the game so you can see a log to analyze what is causing the crash?  

Yes, I did:

Michael Drechsler wrote:
[...] That bloody thing goes south so fast, it doesn't even log anything. [...]

I have an empty LOG.LOG file of 0 kb size in the main folder. Nothing describing trouble in the DynHUD Log. The other log file described on the Reiza forum does apparently not exist.

Quote :

At this link you can find how to run the trace.
Also, you could use that forum to communicate with the devs (or at least some more knowledgeable people)

I've tried the applicable things, but also, my problem is unique in so far as I never got to the main menu.

Haven't tried to contact anyone, as my experiences doing so are... sobering at best. Basically, I've written it off. I'm just kinda annoyed about myself following the crowd and having my mouth watered about how great it is. Should have tried a demo first. Should have known better...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Czech Republic   Greetings from Czech Republic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Czech Republic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next