Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Czech Grand Prix

Go down 
+2
Jason White
Petr Hlavac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

Czech Grand Prix Empty
PostSubject: Czech Grand Prix   Czech Grand Prix Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug 2016 - 23:22

A traditional Czech Grand Prix (MotoGP) takes place in my hometown this weekend. The "new" Masaryk circuit (1987) is fluent and safe, but there used to be the old track i'm especially proud of (and where i crashed my father's car 11 years ago :hihi: ). See some footage from the old track below, if you're interested. Many world class events took place there between 1929 and 1986

The original 29km version was considered as more dangerous than the mighty Nordschleife. Only the best of the best have won. Chiron, Rosemeyer, Carraciolla...

Later, motorcycles and touring cars took over. Notice the winding roads going through fields and forrests. Wonderful stuff

Sadly, the last big race took place in 1986, the danger was no longer acceptable. However, not all drivers agreed with such statement...

At least, we can still drive this track in rFactor  Wink
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Czech Grand Prix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Czech Grand Prix   Czech Grand Prix Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug 2016 - 23:41

I love this track!!!  bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Czech Grand Prix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Czech Grand Prix   Czech Grand Prix Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2016 - 8:26

Un petit Open avec le mod TCL ? Wink
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Czech Grand Prix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Czech Grand Prix   Czech Grand Prix Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2016 - 10:03

The correct 80's layout of Brno doesn't exist in rfactor unfortunately 😞
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Czech Grand Prix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Czech Grand Prix   Czech Grand Prix Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2016 - 11:44

Richard Coxon wrote:
The correct 80's layout of Brno doesn't exist in rfactor unfortunately 😞

Correct. There is a draft of the mighty 29km version for GPL, the 49-64 exists for GPL in a decent form, we used it for online racing on a few occasions. The 65-74 layout you know is the only one converted to rF and sadly, the last and shortest layout from 75-86 doesn't exist at all, the enthusiasm and energy to pull it off just wasn't there anymore Crying or Very sad

Czech Grand Prix 220px-All_layouts_of_the_Masaryk_Circuit_(Brno_Circuit)_between_1930_and_today_combined
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Czech Grand Prix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Czech Grand Prix   Czech Grand Prix Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2016 - 11:56

It's an old project. I already wanted to organize a race on the old Brno with HGT mod. But we had doubt about participation and fun. Because with the little cars, some straight parts of the track are long with small engine.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Czech Grand Prix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Czech Grand Prix   Czech Grand Prix Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2016 - 12:24

Ben Paulet wrote:
It's an old project.

I know. It was Richard Cooke, Sergio Loro and me who worked on it ;-) During my years with EOLC (an awesome GPL league) there was a Langstrecken Meisterschaft. Brno, Solitude, Sachsenring, Schottenring, all these long and insanely difficult road circuits. And there were always some 15 people on the grid, so it's possible to find decent number of maniacs who are wiling to accept the challenge Wink
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Czech Grand Prix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Czech Grand Prix   Czech Grand Prix Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2016 - 15:36

I didn't speak about track modding, but to organize an open there. I believe to remember that there was an open from etcc, '72 or '73, with capri, bmw, etc...and the other race that I saw was with 800-1500cc with mini in 60', etc...
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Czech Grand Prix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Czech Grand Prix   Czech Grand Prix Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2016 - 23:52

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Ben Paulet wrote:
It's an old project.

I know. It was Richard Cooke, Sergio Loro and me who worked on it ;-) During my years with EOLC (an awesome GPL league) there was a Langstrecken Meisterschaft. Brno, Solitude, Sachsenring, Schottenring, all these long and insanely difficult road circuits. And there were always some 15 people on the grid, so it's possible to find decent number of maniacs who are wiling to accept the challenge Wink

as my memory is correct the old Brno was my only win in Rf league on simracing.cz in 67 mod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Czech Grand Prix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Czech Grand Prix   Czech Grand Prix Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Czech Grand Prix
Page 1 of 1