Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]

Go down 
+24
Brian Janik
Adam Hackman
David Jaques
Dave Miller
Bruno Chacon
Petr Hlavac
Raymond Riddall
Steve Parker
Gabriel Sterr
Alberto Iquino
Gérard Ryon
Raul Jereb
Grant Riddall
Pascal Mikula
Mark Craggs
David Jundt
Michael Drechsler
Mick Chapman
Yves Plaçais
Thiago Canola
David Sabre
Jason Whited
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jason White
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 15:55

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Raul Jereb wrote:
It could be tight with fuel...

Effectivement, Raul, je crois qu'un splash and dash va être nécessaire !

Or just a lighter right foot!! Maybe a click longer 4th gear..
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 16:03

Steve Parker wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:
had already deleted the hat file,first time on the server today,so i am not sure what the problem is,i have no other riverside tracks installed scratch

TDF is terrain file.
There is a TDF fix (or 10)...I think I've got one at mega, will look, might fix it for you.

Back in a flash...

Steve, I sent you a DM with a link to a terrain file, try that see if it fixes it.
Just didn't want to link in the thread here for the obvious reasons.
Hope that works for ya.

No that did not work either m8,i give up now.
Have you tried increasing the dx and track details. I've seen a few tracks that don't want to load anything if the details are too low...
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 17:17

Server is now set for race day.

Qualy in 2 hrs 45 min from now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 22:14

That was great while it lasted!

Had such a good, fair and hard battle with Jaques. Really good race mate!

Unfortunately one small error cost me dearly!

McLaren boys were on some serious pace!

Thank you Jason and everyone else involved in this championship! Thank you guys!
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 22:22

End of the season in most humiliating way. Connection lost. Rage Rage Rage Rage Rage

Thank you Jason, David and HSO for this great, great, great experience..

Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 22:45

AAAaaaaaahhhh  affraid  connection lost à 15 tours de l'arrivée !!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

pour ma 500ème course et fêter mon titre...  pas de chance ! Sad

Je me voyais bien finir 2nd ! Crying or Very sad

Bravo, bravo pour ce super championnat ! :top: :clap: :top:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 22:48

I think that my suspension finally gave way and sent me upside down.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 23:18

Setup was wrong, tried too hard to make it fuel-economic that it had no pace on the straight and the gap to the superior cars just became bigger and bigger.

And since nobody pitted, it was useless either way.

3rd, but... I did absolutely nothing for it in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 23:21

Absolutely. F*cking. AWESOME!

Qualifying? Until Saturday I didn't really have any pace. Then I fiddled a little with my right foot and BOOM 1:39. Sunday qualifying was even better. Hell yes!

Race? Good start. Could've been better, or Sabre's could've been worse. You choose lol!
Anyways, it seemed to be a typical McLaren M8F domination from the get-go, until Dave hit me in the rear a little while braking. I only took a little body damage from it while he spun and continued spinning throughout the race. A real shame.
Then it was Jaques and Yves who were on my butt. It seems like everyone spun at some point, but not me. Not at the moment. Yves was suddenly gone at the end, which now as I read his post, is due to connection issues.
At the end, I was really annoyed by Bruno Chacon just deciding not to quit despite having been upside-down for countless laps. The first time I encountered him, I almost spun because the yellow flag actually surprised me.
About five laps before the Finish, my rear left tire gave out a little and I spun. Doesn't matter, though, as I was leading by half a minute. A lap or so earlier, I thought I could do a little qualifying lap for shits and giggles and I snatched the fastest lap from Yves by about half a second.
At the finish, well. No words can describe it. Lap of honor felt absolutely wonderful. And the donuts at the end? Remember Kyalami 2 years ago...

Anyways, I'm more than happy to have achieved this even on my 18th birthday, so the champagne (or in my case, the ice-cold beer) will taste even better! :champ: :champ: :champ: :first:

Thank you HSO, Jason White, and everyone involved with the season and its organisation. It was A BLAST!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 23:34

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Anyways, it seemed to be a typical McLaren M8F domination from the get-go, until Dave hit me in the rear a little while braking. I only took a little body damage from it while he spun and continued spinning throughout the race. A real shame.
I was trying hard to close the gap before the straight and I braked a little later than you did with the result that I tapped your rear (I wasn't trying to overtake there) which spun my car and damaged my rear suspension. My car still had the speed but if I went into a corner too fast the rear would just come around and spin the car. I tried to continue lapping quickly but in the end it was just getting the better of me. I was then cruising around to a 4th or 5th place finish when going onto the back straight my car turned right and went over the fence returning to the track upside down. I think that the rear suspension finally broke making the car turn sharp right.

Congratulations for the win on your birthday. :top:
Thanks for the commentary I will watch it later. :top:

Once again congratulations to Yves for winning the series. :top:
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 23:39

Fantastic battle with Raul, Janik, Gerard and Jason.

Terrible balance with low fuel in qualify, so I decided to do the qualify using race setup.

My Mclaren has no front grip at all. To compensate the "No wing" situation I had to make the car not tail happy  by adding understeer. This is the only way to be able to put the power down. No way to fight in mid/high speed turns. Sad

But yeah, nice race, Zero damage, I still don't know how we survived this one.

Congrats to Pascal!! Nice win!!

Thank you HSO.

See you next season!!!
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 23:45

grats pascal, nice consistent race! happy birthday!

really great racing with you grant and later yves, very clean and fair (and loads of fun!).

around lap 32 i had one heck of a moment, got sideways on the backstraight and ended up in the dirt and launched off a bump, so lucky to not end up on my lid.

speaking of being upside down, not sure who it was, but why stay on the track upsidedown for multiple laps? it only creates a persistent yellow flag for everyone else still trying to finish.

great series, thanks hso, grats yves on the championship!

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 0:03

Results up, points to follow

EDIT:  Final points are up.  David Jundt has to drop one of his 12 point scores per the rules; finishes with 98 pts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 0:51

For those curious about my setup, I've uploaded both my Q and R setups (honestly, the only difference is the name and fuel load) to the HSO website.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 1:07

Well, I started the season with a points finish, and I ended the season with a points finish. Didn't expect much, got a bit more. Could be much worse.

Quali ended with the best time I achieved with the Lola, though I failed once again at getting under 1.47, again, though there was half a second still within the car. My old problem of getting things together on the point. Times from qualification expected a lonely race, missing 2 seconds to the competitors ahead of me, and being one second faster than the guys behind me.
Some testing in the last few days led me to think the car might be a bit to loose, so I made a last second decision to go a click down on rear springs, front camber and rear tire pressure, and add a click of rear camber. Big mistake! Though it still felt alright in warm up, soon it became evident that it was in sum a litte bit too much, and the car had other ideas than turning in the direction I wanted it to be. First lap was still okay, I lost a position to Dave Miller at the start, but was able to use my superior cornering speed to fetch him at the last turn of the first lap, but in the second lap, I smacked the car right into the wall of the same corner. The car just wouldn't turn around. That was the scheme for the rest of the race, I lost track of how many times I put the car into a wall or fence in T6, T7 and T8, those slow 180°-corners. That didn't make my car any faster, and I must have been the slowest car on the straight, not just because I used the biggest wing available, but also because I seriously lacked grip, both through the turns, and when accelerating out of the turns. I had to wait until I was really straight before I could open the throttle. So the race went its course, the cars ahead of me quickly got smaller in the distance, I could open a gap to the cars behind me, I had my occasional off which allowed Dave to get a bit closer again. Somewhere inbetween, Ray passed me, but I didn't made a serious effort to defend myself, because it was futile. Somewhere halfways through the race, it felt like the car was a bit better balanced, so I tried a bit harder, but except for a few personal fastest sectors, didn't do much, and all I got from this was a fews offs and getting Dave back into my draft. From there, I was for a long time busy extracting what I had from my ever worse handling car to hold him behind me. In the meantime, a few more cars dropped out and suddenly I had a chance to win a point, and then, it was even two of them. Also, I got a bit closer to Ray and Mick ahead of me, but I had lost to much time earlier in the race. Dave finally went into the pits, so that threat was finally done. 9th, in the end. At one of my favourite tracks. Not great, but okay. Smile

Thanks to all involved for creating that great mod and make the series happen. Even though it wasn't exactly a mod that suited me well, I seldom really go the hang of the cars (and the only time the car really fitted me, I overdid it and shredded my engine), it was a great experience. :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 9:51

Quote :
speaking of being upside down, not sure who it was, but why stay on the track upsidedown for multiple laps? it only creates a persistent yellow flag for everyone else still trying to finish.

We are aware of it, race control told him to quit and in the end kicked him out of the race for not following the instructions. Admin disciplinary decission will follow shortly.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 11:43

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:
had already deleted the hat file,first time on the server today,so i am not sure what the problem is,i have no other riverside tracks installed scratch

TDF is terrain file.
There is a TDF fix (or 10)...I think I've got one at mega, will look, might fix it for you.

Back in a flash...

Steve, I sent you a DM with a link to a terrain file, try that see if it fixes it.
Just didn't want to link in the thread here for the obvious reasons.
Hope that works for ya.

No that did not work either m8,i give up now.
Have you tried increasing the dx and track details. I've seen a few tracks that don't want to load anything if the details are too low...

I have everything set at Max in game anyway Jonatan and dx9 but that didnt cure the problem,i have never had a problem with riverside untill i downloaded the version in the race thread,thats when the probs started :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 14:19

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Absolutely. F*cking. AWESOME!

Qualifying? Until Saturday I didn't really have any pace. Then I fiddled a little with my right foot and BOOM 1:39. Sunday qualifying was even better. Hell yes!

Race? Good start. Could've been better, or Sabre's could've been worse. You choose lol!
Then it was Jaques and Yves who were on my butt. It seems like everyone spun at some point, but not me. Not at the moment. Yves was suddenly gone at the end, which now as I read his post, is due to connection issues.
At the end, I was really annoyed by Bruno Chacon just deciding not to quit despite having been upside-down for countless laps. The first time I encountered him, I almost spun because the yellow flag actually surprised me.
About five laps before the Finish, my rear left tire gave out a little and I spun. Doesn't matter, though, as I was leading by half a minute. A lap or so earlier, I thought I could do a little qualifying lap for shits and giggles and I snatched the fastest lap from Yves by about half a second.
At the finish, well. No words can describe it. Lap of honor felt absolutely wonderful. And the donuts at the end? Remember Kyalami 2 years ago...

Anyways, I'm more than happy to have achieved this even on my 18th birthday, so the champagne (or in my case, the ice-cold beer) will taste even better! :champ: :champ: :champ: :first:

Thank you HSO, Jason White, and everyone involved with the season and its organisation. It was A BLAST!

I want to apologize to everyone for what happened. My Rfactor window closed and an update came as the main screen and I tried desperately to return to the game window, not knowing the car was flipped.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 15:27

This race in two words? Seriously fun!!!

Man, that was a blast.

No real need to give much race report...Seems Thiago and myself took over the broadcast, so it's all been said there.

Thiago, sorry for the tap that spun us...was having some brake issues (overheating, some fade at times) and they just didn't grab enough to stop the car and I wasn't expecting us to brake quite that much. Kind of killed our chances of getting by Brian, so apologies for that.

I was riding around during formation lap...recounting the season in my head. So thankful to have a place like this to come to, to share this hobby with those like minded about it. Regardless the struggles I've had, it's been great and I've enjoyed it a lot. I'm going to miss these Can Ams for sure.

HSO....THANK YOU! Every single one you that has a hand in all this. Seriously, the efforts mean more to many of us than you may ever know!

Congrats to Pascal on the win here, and to our series champion!

:yaa:
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 16:50

Intense epic 4-way fight in middle of the race w/Raul :yaa: , Thiago :spy: , and Jason :cowboy: .
These guys know how to battle!!! Lots of give and take, 3 wide at times, for many laps without any hitting, It was immense and fantastic. At one point, had my nose so far up Thiago's bum, I had to drive through the esses using muscle memory, as I could not see around his AmCan. Got a touch too close w/ Raul a couple times but we all survived.

Great way to end an eventful up and down season.
Proud to produce a few decent results in both the old #39 and the newer #29
Congrats to all that gave it a shot and managed to keep it on the road for the most part, and to Yves for being top dog
Thank you HSO!!!

Last edited by Brian Janik on Mon 29 Oct 2018 - 22:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 19:45

Jason Whited wrote:

Thiago, sorry for the tap that spun us...was having some brake issues (overheating, some fade at times) and they just didn't grab enough to stop the car and I wasn't expecting us to brake quite that much.  Kind of killed our chances of getting by Brian, so apologies for that.

No problem Jason!! I was wondering where did you come from when you hit me. lol!
A lot of racecraft in our group battle. Right time to pass, know when to let it go, etc....It was great!!!

Looking forward to next season already!!
Back to top Go down
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2018-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018 - 21:30

Well, I really have to say how much I have appreciated my short time with HSO so far. Great to see full grids of a such wide variety of cool cars. Thank you all very much.

And the commentaries and reports also. Fantastic.

My race was a double edged sword. I had a good battle with Dave Miller in the first half of the race in-between allowing lappers past. However, I had to be careful with the rear end of the Porsche lifting off and on the brakes, and it caught me out as I moved to avoid tapping David at the end of the esses. The resulting damage from the barriers didn't seem to make a big difference to my times but, although I managed to get fairly close again, in the end I seemed to end up losing out overall. Unfortunately, I then took the Porsche on a flight off one of the embankments in the esses after its tail caught me out once more. I limped round to the pits but couldn't work out where my box was and missed it. I decided it probably wouldn't be fair to do another lap to find it and had to give up. However, I reckon I might have discoed like the other guys as my network went down whilst trying to do an update afterwards.

I was a bit happier with my pace in this race but disappointed to throw it all away towards the end.

I watched the first half of the race footage and had to stop at about 12. Looking forward to seeing how the rest played out. Some fantastic mid field battles lol.

Congrats to Yves & Pascal.  :drink:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2018 - 11:12

David Sabre wrote:

Once again congratulations to Yves for winning the series. :top:
Mark Craggs wrote:

Congrats to Yves & Pascal.  :drink:
Brian Janik wrote:

Congrats to all that gave it a shot and managed to keep it on the road for the most part, and to Yves for being top dog
Jason Whited wrote:

Congrats to Pascal on the win here, and to our series champion!
:yaa:
David Jaques wrote:

great series, thanks hso, grats yves on the championship!

Merci David, Brian, Mark, Jason and David ! :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2018 - 17:12

Congratulations to the podium.
:clap: Félicitations Yves, :first:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2018 - 19:12

Gérard Ryon wrote:
Congratulations to the podium.
:clap: Félicitations Yves, :first:

Merci, Gérard ! :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]   Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Riverside [Oct 28th]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next