Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]

Go down 
+20
Lewis Stephens
Alberto Ibañez
James Knowles
Timo Vermeersch
Richard Coxon
Yves Plaçais
Filippo Marazzi
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Martin Lacina
Richard Wilks
Bruno Chacon
Michael Drechsler
Michal Janak
Jason Fitch
Jason Whited
Pascal Mikula
Juha Bos
David Jundt
Jason White
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Dec 2017 - 23:17

Congratulations to the Czech team on winning tonight, and David on taking the championship.

I needed a miracle to win the title and it didn't happen. Michael and Alberto gave me an undamaged car which I drove neatly to fifth place but that was all I could do. Still second place is better than I expected when I started the season, so thanks to Michael, Jan, Jason, Jacob, the Richards, Ryan, Scott and Alberto for sharing cars with me this year. It was great fun. :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Dec 2017 - 23:21

Fun race overall.
Grats to the winning Porsche team.

Not so happy with a particular BMW that later retired, who's driver happened to....

Well...I'll just say this. Some here have no business talking about others not facilitating passes when in slower cars. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Dec 2017 - 23:21

Thank you too :top:

It was a great season, really fun and challenging to drive these cars in 6 hour races. Well done everybody :clap:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Dec 2017 - 23:29

Final points are up

David Jundt is the 1982 WEC Champion!  Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017 - 0:37

grats to all finishers, THX to whole HSO team and supporters of this season

today happy , both cars in finish , no disco or crash

congrats to WEC Champion :champ:

did little counting in group 5 , summed points obtained in gr5, I and Yves have both 26 points but Yves has higher max points from one race (Yves 13 and I 7) , when tryed F1 scale (10,6,4,3,2,1) then i have 29 and Yves 26 , so quite happy with results in this series :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017 - 7:28

Finally got to drive the 956 in anger, and I'm pretty proud over my performance with it. Did one minor mistake in my first stint, and had a Lancia blocking our pit box, which meant Lacina always had track position, but my driving in the 2nd stint felt very good. Happy to help Filippo bring home the car in 3rd, was a joy sharing the car with him.

Hoping for more 80's group C races in 2018!
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017 - 8:58

I'm really happy how this turned out. We had a major problem, because Martin's microphone died. He could hear us, but couldn't say anything. We ended up with "flashlight" communication. "Do you have five or more laps to go? Flash once. Five or less? Flash twice Very Happy ". It made all the driver changes quite complicated. I also had an issue with the Lancia. I exited the pits without any issues, but just as i entered Paddock Hill Bend, my wheel got... bent. Some 10 degrees to the left. Soon i found out that the car pulled to the right significantly, without any damage to the car. Really strange. And just one lap later, i slid into barrier and caused some proper damage to the left side. But once i learned how to drive it, it was ok. Although i'm pretty sure Martin wasn't too happy with the wreck i handed over to him...
Then i took the Porsche for the rest of the race. That car is just wonderful! As we had two laps lead, i tried to push towards the end and steal the fastest lap of the race. It was actually quite tough, as i had hard tyres on, but i did it. There couldn't be a better climax to the 2017 HSO season Wink

Hats off and huge thanks to the whole HSO crew, you guys are awesome! Can't wait for the next year :top:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017 - 9:31

Also, commendations to those with slower cars that I had to overtake, I did not have a single issue in traffic in this race! Quite remarkable on this tight track.

And big congratulations to Team Czech! Quite a result for you guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017 - 10:43

Really fun race. For me also a bit heart attacked. Especially due to my problematic communication with my colleagues via. chat. Relly tought to whisper something to somebody during racing speed with Jacob behind whose could decrease my margin from 28s to 20s and less in second stint.Because Petr didn appear on the server before my second pitstop i had to start also my third stint in P956 and whole stint i have thought about how to tell to my colleague how to deal with the next driver swap. Finally it turned out fine and we had 2 cars in the finish and also we won. Really fantastic as the whole season with HSO. Thanks a lot guys!!
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017 - 11:28

Belle saison, belles courses, bravo aux admins, dommage que le Gr5 n'ait pas été plus mis en valeur, si ce n'est à servir à compléter les grilles.

Vive 2018 !
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 1:12

Was a fun race, even though I wasn't really "racing" anyone. 935, especially here, was like driving a cow that's riding on the back of a cat, that's on fire. If you can point it in a straight line it'll go like hell, but when you get to a corner, it would just rather not.

I had more fun when I was being lapped by a Group C car than anything, especially when they caught me going into Surtees. Was best summed up when Jundt came up to lap me in his BMW, he tucks up behind me in Surtees, then says "slipstream!" over TS and I just said "bye" to him and left him in the corner. All on Boost 3.

Most of the Group C cars were really patient a couple of you weren't so patient and well, you had to wait a corner or two before you could get by.

As I said was a fun race, was surprised I'd made it as far as I did. My last stint, much like Petr, I suddenly developed handling problems. This led to 3 offs in the space of about 2 laps, the last one I backed it into the tires at Hawthorne and that killed the engine. Still I ran nearly 70% of the race I think. Makes me wish I'd tried to run in one of the races earlier in the season on a track more suited for the Porsche.

BTW: I noticed in the Results that Mick was driving an actual 935, whereas Lewis and I were driving K3's. Is there a difference in the in-sim models or are they all the same 935?
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 4:07

Jason Fitch wrote:
BTW: I noticed in the Results that Mick was driving an actual 935, whereas Lewis and I were driving K3's. Is there a difference in the in-sim models or are they all the same 935?

i dont think they modeled the "hole" for the nitrous!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U8Uy_0qFuk
things were just better in the 70s ;PPP

best,
dave

Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 4:09

David Jaques wrote:
Jason Fitch wrote:

i dont think they modeled the "hole" for the nitrous!  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U8Uy_0qFuk
things were just better in the 70s ;PPP

best,
dave

That was just the Whittington's car.
Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 14:31

Great race, great Championship, great Organisation.  :clap:
My first experience in a team, who better then the CART Champhion to share a shining Porsche 956  Very Happy
I've much to learn.

After qualifying I was about 2 seconds slow then Jacob.
His performance are great, but my real object could be stay in front of the Juha/Michael/Alberto Ford.
Maybe a chance of only 3 pit stop...

Jacob was fast in is 2 stints, on the tail of Martin, also saving fuel.
An unlucky first pit stop with a Lancia gr5 in the pit box, so out and box again the next lap.

Half race, it's my turn, scratch
start slow, and find my rhythm, ...ok still slow but losing not too much on Bruno/Jason and David/David.
Michal in first position not so far
Third pit stop, problem, I make a mess with engine restart..panic..where is the correct button?
Many precious seconds lose.
Fourth stint about a minute advantage on the third and fourth position, but some minor error.
10 laps to go about 30 seconds on David, that is gaining about 2 seconds every lap.
Two error, last during final lap :doh: ans second place lost
Second consecutive race losing a position in the last lap (I've got to monitor my blood pressure  Smile )

Third position, my first podium in the overall classification
Wonderful experience, thanks Jacob.

Thanks anyone of Gr.5's drivers, I was for the first time in a Group C, no one problem lapping  :top:

Congratulations to team Czech and to the Swiss Champion

The sunset over Brands Hatch was great, but please Admin, don't let VLM mod sleep to much  Smile
... maybe :flag:  1983 Nurburgring 1000km  :hello:
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 17:19

We did a virtually clean and immaculate race. Jason was the hare and I was the tortoise.
He started well and printed a pace strong enough to stay ahead of Jacques, fawn back around 1:30. Except for a quick spin on T2, he made no other mistakes. The most serious problem we had in the race was already revealed in the first round of 45 laps of Jason and that was repeated with me until the abandonment of the blue BMW. Every time we went through it, we were closed lightly, enough to make us miss precious seconds. It was the only car in Group 5 to make it difficult for us.
It was my turn to do a 55-lap turn with hard tires and everything was working fine, getting round by 1:30 when I lost control at the T1 exit and a small touch on the guard rail with no major damage.
At the end of my shift, Jason took over 45 laps but we distracted him and his shift only got 34 laps.
I took the car for another 56 laps and it did not feel good in a period of 15 laps, my vision got a little blurred I sweated cold for some time. That made my lap times rise to 1:35 and cost me two new spin on T1 and T2.
I handed the car to Jason with soft tires for the final laps and he fired down the lane doing almost every lap around 1:29. A pity it was not enough to win more positions but it was very satisfying for us to be competitive and we finished the race.
Congratulations to the HSO for the brilliant organization in all the championships.
We will be together in 2018.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017 - 18:03

Jason Fitch wrote:

Performance-wise, the different versions (K3, 935J, 935/80...) didn't do much of a difference. Erwin Kremer is quoted on the K3 with 'we made a thousend changes for a once percent increase in performance'. The GELO-Car is apparently the last competition 935 which left the Porsche factory (yeah, there is a road-legal 935). All later 935s were built from spares.

But in this mod, there is a common physics for all cars was used. The K3 and the 935/80 ran a 3.16l twin turbo engine (usually, some IMSA teams might have opted for a single turbo setup), while the cars here are quoted with 3.0l. They also all use the same body, a '76/'77 works/customer body style, as this is the only 935 available ATM. The later cats look a lot different Wink

Well, about my weekend, I obliged myself to a double duty, duly doing my share of work for my team mate Juha, and then hop into the Ferrari to fulfill my obligations for the championship. So I spent the week mostly setting up the Ferrari, while I trusted Juha and Alberto to cook something up for the Ford. That wasn't all that easy in the end, as both cars were a bit difficult to drive, as they had a tendency to become very loose at turning in, which lies a bit in the nature of this track, having the corner entry points often on top of a hill. Took a long time until we had things set in, for the Ford, it was in the hour before the race.

Well, the story of the race is relatively quickly told. It took me about 12 lapsuntil I had a decent rhytm, enough for David Jaques to open up a sizable gap, then I could about go his speed, at least as long as I didn't lose the car (which I made a few times to often), but by lap 40, it was apparent I had way to much tire wear and the car became increadibly difficult to drive. By lap 55, my tires where shot and I really had to work to keep the car on track. I was really happy to be able to hand the car over to Alberto. By the time, James in our shared Ferrari was already out with connection issues. But I was pleased with my quali laptime in the Ferrari, nearly getting below the 1.38 mark.

Congratulations to David for winning the championship, and many thanks to Juha for your trust in my driving on your way to vice champion! :hello: It was always a pleasure, even though my work schedules more than once came in our way. And a special thanks to the HSO team for setting up this chamionship!

What's the next step? Full 24h LM? :hihi: :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Feb 2019 - 13:25

The results table Smile This one was tough!
Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 GEls
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]   Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - Brands Hatch 1000 Kilometres [Dec 17th]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5