Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]

Go down 
+27
Lewis Stephens
Javier Pérez Mato
François Remmen
Jan Kowalski
Jason White
Yves Plaçais
Andre Lagunzad
Gui Cramer
Gérard Ryon
Michael Drechsler
Alberto Ibañez
Michal Janak
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Scott Urick
Bruno Chacon
Jason Whited
Matthias Weber
David Jundt
Mick Chapman
Martin Lacina
Emmanuel Haas
Pascal Mikula
Filippo Marazzi
James Knowles
Juha Bos
Richard Coxon
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Emmanuel Haas
Club Driver

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2016-02-13

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 8:54

Please, is it possible to put a normal time for training session on the server ?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 9:48

Minimum effort in qualifying yesterday. One timed lap was enough. Qualifying doesn't mean shit when you are 200bhp down and the race is 6 hours long.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 10:31

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
Qualifying doesn't mean shit when you are 200bhp down and the race is 6 hours long.

+1, Jacob !

Moi, je prévois de tourner en 2'35- 2'36 au tour.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 10:52

As some drivers were seen to be exceeding track limits I shall remind you again.

Richard Coxon wrote:
4 wheels must be on the racing surface, the kerbing is an extension of the racing surface.

You can run wide at La Source too.

This does not mean you can have 2 wheels on the kerb and 2 on the grass. That is exceeding track limits.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 13:59

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:

Question becomes, for just how long can they hold a similar pace?
Oh, you'd be surprised.. Laughing Laughing

Perhaps.
..perhaps, not so much. :cowboy2:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 14:06

Martin Lacina wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:
Sorry but you can't unfortunately. After you've logged a time with a car you can't change. 

EDIT: If you can find a 3rd driver, you can then have the Porsche aswell as the Grid.

Ok i understand. One car is enough. Thanks for an offer.

Sorry Martin, that we freed up our car only one day before quali. But we had little time to test and realised very late, that we wouldn't make it to the finish line with the 936C because of our brake-wear. (at least with our driving style)
In my opinion, Race-Pace of the 936C without boost shouldn't be much better than on your Grid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 14:50

Practice session time is set to 25 minutes only...
I think it was mentioned above but maybe overlooked.

...kind of hard to get a good stint in until that is changed.

Thanks in advance :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 15:09

Jason Whited wrote:
Practice session time is set to 25 minutes only...
I think it was mentioned above but maybe overlooked.

...kind of hard to get a good stint in until that is changed.

Thanks in advance :chinois:

Thank you for the heads up
Fixing now
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 16:00

A question....
...watching the engine health of my car with XD, I notice that it randomly starts me with various engine health...eg 70%, next time 100%, next time 34% Shocked

Ok...I knew this much. I understand this.

My question is....if I hop out on to the grid at race time and notice that my engine starts me at something crazy like 34% life, can I escape out and back onto the grid (before the actual start, of course) and would that give me a different engine to start with like it does in practice?

I REALLY hope that I don't start with something like 30% engine health. lol!
But, if I'm stuck with it, I'm stuck with it and will try to make it. Don't seem to be hurting the engine at all, currently...but, just curious if 1: going back to pits and coming back out on grid gives me a different random % or not....2: If that is permissible if it does indeed randomly change it when I do that.

...just looking for any angle as those Porsche's are going to be a monster to contend with given their superiority in many ways. Of course they have their "cons"...but, even then, going to take a real effort to contend with them here.

Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 16:24

You can escape on the grid and return as often as you want (within the 30 second limit) hoping for a better engine. There's no penalty. I've done it before and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 16:38

Matthias Weber wrote:

Sorry Martin, that we freed up our car only one day before quali. But we had little time to test and realised very late, that we wouldn't make it to the finish line with the 936C because of our brake-wear. (at least with our driving style)
In my opinion, Race-Pace of the 936C without boost shouldn't be much better than on your Grid.

Its ok Matthias. A suppose the Grid will be much better in the race than in qualy due to the absent of the qualy tires or qualy engine as the other so i hope we will also fight for the positions.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 18:38

Richard Coxon wrote:
As some drivers were seen to be exceeding track limits I shall remind you again.

Richard Coxon wrote:
4 wheels must be on the racing surface, the kerbing is an extension of the racing surface.

You can run wide at La Source too.

This does not mean you can have 2 wheels on the kerb and 2 on the grass. That is exceeding track limits.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Would be easier to write them personally in a PM if that was possible. They might not suspect it and if you were going to delete their times for example, rather let them know.

Might have to review mine too, I got very out of shape at some turns like Raidillon and Blanchimont.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 20:17

I gotta confess I'm regularly in the green on Raidillon, too, but that is more in avoidance of some bigger accident than trying to make up time... Shocked Haven't found the right way through Blanchimont, too...
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 21:23

I suspect 956s are more off the tarmac than on it.. there is a secret passage somewhere too...
Well discover it on sunday when we brick up all the walls :langue:
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 22:04

Some invisible wall on and around the track make things a lot more interesting! :aie:

I remember some online race in good old F1C times, when they came up some fixes or graphics updates just the morning of race day. Well, during race, we explored spaces where the test drivers never went before and for some, the race ended surprisingly abrupt (including mine, but mine wasn't cut short by finding some wall, but being collected by someone who did). Afterwards, some guys were virtually tarred and feathered... lol!
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul 2017 - 23:33

Juha Bos wrote:
You can escape on the grid and return as often as you want (within the 30 second limit) hoping for a better engine. There's no penalty. I've done it before and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

you can do this, and i know people do do this, but imho it should be frowned upon. xd is showing you something that in real life you would have no idea about. real life every car on the grid of race day "thinks" they have a fresh motor, but some last the whole race and sometimes they blow up on the pace lap. so my point of view is you are already getting too much info knowing that you have a weak motor to start, pressing esc to get a "better motor" is a sim exploit. add onto that, not everyone is using xd, so anyone escaping to cycle motors has an unfair advantage to the rest of the field. that said, its a hard thing to police, did you esc off the grid to cycle motors, or did you realize you didnt have race fuel set? so like i said, in my opinion, it shouldn't be done. i've had some weak motors in f1 on the grid, but just dealt with it.

dave
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jul 2017 - 0:15

Ah, so that's how it's explained... I kinda like(but also hate, since it's a bit out of your control) how the game handles technical issues("randoms", but often enough technical issues are out of the driver's hand anyway).

TBH, this "fishing" for a healthy engine has a major draw-back imo: You keep jumping back and forth while the timer runs down. How are you gonna get into the right mind set in time for the start?

Is this the reason some people... crash at the start? :jp:

Usually, I'd rather use the 30s to get ready in your mind and/or check I've loaded the right setup and controller settings once again.

Also, I mostly keep waiting to get on the grid and maybe save engine life by not needlessly heating/reving it up while sitting there, so I normally only press "race" once.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jul 2017 - 1:05

David Jaques wrote:
Juha Bos wrote:

you can do this, and i know people do do this, but imho it should be frowned upon.  xd is showing you something that in real life you would have no idea about.  real life every car on the grid of race day "thinks" they have a fresh motor, but some last the whole race and sometimes they blow up on the pace lap.  so my point of view is you are already getting too much info knowing that you have a weak motor to start, pressing esc to get a "better motor" is a sim exploit.  add onto that, not everyone is using xd, so anyone escaping to cycle motors has an unfair advantage to the rest of the field.  that said, its a hard thing to police, did you esc off the grid to cycle motors, or did you realize you didnt have race fuel set?  so like i said, in my opinion, it shouldn't be done.  i've had some weak motors in f1 on the grid, but just dealt with it.

dave

I actually agree with this, and that is why I asked.
It is a sort of exploit, but as you said, hard to police for sure.

I only recently started using XD, mostly to observe the engine life over the course of a race, just to make sure I wasn't damaging the engine...something that in some ways I could feel, hear, probably even smell, in the real world. So, in that regard, just compensating for the things I lack in terms of feedback that I would have in real life.

I started the last F1 race with an engine at 61%. I could have escaped out and back in, though I didn't know then and hadn't asked about the legality so I didn't. Plus, I didn't even plan on finishing in that damned Coloni and I was running the guts out of it the way I drove it that entire race. I decided long before race time that I would stick with what it gave me.

Something to ponder....since it's not "illegal"....but, probably convinced me just to stick with what it sends me out with. I had no real intentions of "heavy engine fishing"...more along the lines of, if it starts me with some REALLY crappy engine maybe escape a time or two, get something else, ANYTHING else. The low numbers seem to come up only a few times out of, say 20 or so times I come out of the garage.

Not that it really matters. I could probably make the race on a 30% engine. Not doing damage with the conservative laps I've been doing as "race pace" practice. Not even close.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jul 2017 - 20:30

Sorry Richard. We tested a teamspeak and we did not aware of starting of the qualy session. Apologize to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Emmanuel Haas
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jul 2017 - 21:17

Please, is it possible to change the training session time on the server ?

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jul 2017 - 21:36

Just doing so now, i was posting the final grid  Smile
Back to top Go down
Emmanuel Haas
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jul 2017 - 22:00

I know you had to do this before Smile

Thanks for all
Back to top Go down
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jul 2017 - 22:56

absent, family sunday.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jul 2017 - 23:18

The #51 Lancia is free. A team who picks it will start at the back of the grid.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 11:17

The #9 Porsche is now free. If someone wishes to drive it please post here.

You will start at the back of the field.

If no one claims the car, Javier can still drive the car should he appear come the race start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next