Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 11 - Thruxton [Jun 7th]

Go down 
+22
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jacob Fredriksson
Nikos Taikopoulos
Matthias Weber
Honza Mild
Miroslav Havlík
Dave Simmons
Franck Dechavanne
Pascal Mikula
Oliver Thiim
Oyvind Andersen
Matthew Hull
Jason White
Michael Drechsler
Raymond Riddall
Dylan Canton
David Sabre
Peter Blom
Yves Plaçais
Mick Chapman
Juha Bos
Richard Coxon
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

Round 11 -  Thruxton [Jun 7th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Thruxton [Jun 7th]   Round 11 -  Thruxton [Jun 7th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jun 2017 - 22:08

Saw the laptimes of other cars, expected a disaster. Wasn't really feeling well with my setup and haven't managed to get into the 1:15s so far. Well, could avoid ending up in the last row in Q1, but then totally slept of the start and was in last position. That has one advantage, you can take all the time you need to avoid getting into T1 havocs and gained some positions. Awesome. Could even gain a few more positions by other peoples mishaps, but then I got spun around. Not happy 'bout that! Rolling Eyes Well, I trotted along, got past Svenja, got a bit closer to the guys in front of me, but not much more than that. Good thing: Setup was stable, I was able to control the pace somewhat to keep my tires alive, and unlike yesterday, it didn't suddenly became uncontrollable. Best thing: I finally recorded a 1:15! :banane:

Q2 was about the same as Q1, there was still some half second or so left in the car, but getting it together? Rolling Eyes Start for race 2 was a bit better, though still nearly a disaster, but that carnage got me a few positions ahead. I made a small adjustment to my setup, and that worked pretty fine, I was finally able to participate to join all the fighting. First I watched in awe in my mirrors Svenjas attempt to motorcycle it around the track :top: Then one by one, some cars got off the track, which got me as far up as 8th at some point. Nice. With Richard and Pascal fighting back, at some point we had a fun four car battle, and I was at least in some spots able to actively participate in it. Icollected a few new paint samples, and I saw some very creative lines, too lol! In the end, I was a bit over the limits of my car, thus I lost a bit the contact near the end, but having two cars within 2 seconds for most of the race was a very pleasing experience. Race 2 was very enjoyful. 9th in the end, I'm happy 'bout that Smile

Thanks for organising the race and the (mostly) great racing! :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Thruxton [Jun 7th]   Round 11 -  Thruxton [Jun 7th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jun 2017 - 22:15

Points and results are up :flag:
Back to top Go down
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Thruxton [Jun 7th]   Round 11 -  Thruxton [Jun 7th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jun 2017 - 22:24

Peter Blom wrote:
and congratz to Dave Simmons for taking the privateer cup! :top:

You are very fast and consistent...Lucky for us you were not in a works Volvo, Honda or Renault :D

Thank you Peter!

The usual qualifying dual with David in both Q sessions, he pipped me in R1 and i think i pipped him in R2

R1 1st in TC and 9th overall?
R2 2nd in TC and 5th overall. The start of the second race was hectic but fun! i made a mistake while in 4th dropping two places.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this season! i absolutely love supertourers and this mod is great fun. i am not always the quickest but i try to be consistent and id like to think you see me as a fair racer! nothing beats planning a move corners in advance and pulling it off cleanly! It was a shame Honza wasn't here as he could have taken it to the next round!But yeh i can relax a bit now knowing independents is sealed two rounds from the end especially as i miss the finale.

Thanks to all at HSO, admins, and Jonatan for his excellent broadcasts!.

Very Happy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Thruxton [Jun 7th]   Round 11 -  Thruxton [Jun 7th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jun 2017 - 22:28

Dave Simmons wrote:
Peter Blom wrote:

You are very fast and consistent...Lucky for us you were not in a works Volvo, Honda or Renault :D

Thank you Peter!

The usual qualifying dual with David in both Q sessions, he pipped me in R1 and i think i pipped him in R2

R2 2nd in TC and 5th overall. The start of the second race was hectic but fun! i made a mistake while in 4th dropping two places.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this season! i absolutely love supertourers and this mod is great fun. i am not always the quickest but i try to be consistent and id like to think you see me as a fair racer! nothing beats planning a move corners in advance and pulling it off cleanly! It was a shame Honza wasn't here as he could have taken it to the next round!But yeh i can relax a bit now knowing independents is sealed two rounds from the end especially as i miss the finale.

Very Happy! cheers

If you want you can move up and challenge the big boys if you want. Many a privateers did that back in the day. Tommy Rustad springs to mind.

Perhaps, Matthew Hull may be prepared to swap if you want too.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Hull
Club Driver
Matthew Hull

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2017-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Thruxton [Jun 7th]   Round 11 -  Thruxton [Jun 7th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jun 2017 - 23:09

Richard Coxon wrote:
Dave Simmons wrote:
Peter Blom wrote:

Thank you Peter!

Very Happy! cheers

If you want you can move up and challenge the big boys if you want. Many a privateers did that back in the day. Tommy Rustad springs to mind.

Perhaps, Matthew Hull may be prepared to swap if you want too.

I'm happy to go through with that. Can't get any more useless at driving Razz
Back to top Go down
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Thruxton [Jun 7th]   Round 11 -  Thruxton [Jun 7th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jun 2017 - 23:34

[/quote]If you want you can move up and challenge the big boys if you want. Many a privateers did that back in the day. Tommy Rustad springs to mind.

Perhaps, Matthew Hull may be prepared to swap if you want too.[/quote]

That is a fine offer! i will have to test them and see how i get on Razz
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Thruxton [Jun 7th]   Round 11 -  Thruxton [Jun 7th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jun 2017 - 10:57

Congratulations Dave Simmons on the Independents championship. :champ:

Q1 I managed to just beat Dave S to the Independents pole.
R1 After a poor start (again) I managed to fight back and get past Dave S when he got held up. I led the Independents for a few laps before clipping the turn 1 kerb and having a roll over Twisted Evil . I then continued on to 2nd Independent behind Dave S.

Q2 Dave S pipped me to Independents pole on his last lap by less than 0.1s.
R2. Another poor start (I just can't get these cars moving) and a fight back to close in on Dave S, I was about 3 seconds behind him when I saw him returning to the track (a half roll in the complex). Then I just tried to stay off the kerbs and Jacob came past me so I stayed in his slipstream and lapped in 1:14.7 for 6th fastest race lap :top: . A 4th place finish and 1st Independent a great result.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Thruxton [Jun 7th]   Round 11 -  Thruxton [Jun 7th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jun 2017 - 13:24

Bit of an off night drive wise, I'm sorry for the incidents that I happened to cause. Never my intention to disrupt anyone's race. My Vectra is still more of a headache inducer than a racing car. But, a 2nd and a 3rd is damn good. I'll take that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Thruxton [Jun 7th]   Round 11 -  Thruxton [Jun 7th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 11 - Thruxton [Jun 7th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3