Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]

Go down 
+25
Simon Wattman
Matthias Weber
Ben Paulet
Svenja Titz
Petr Hlavac
Greg Hunt
Raymond Riddall
Juha Bos
Philippe Martinelli
David Jaques
Jan Titz
Grant Riddall
Dylan Canton
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Wilks
Miroslav Havlík
Dave Simmons
Matthew Hull
Honza Mild
Peter Blom
Jacob Fredriksson
Oyvind Andersen
Mick Chapman
David Sabre
Richard Coxon
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Apr 2017 - 21:48

Note to Self: use my race winning silverstone setup more!

First race i was incredibly lagged... it made my game very choppy, and it made me make mistakes, so i just let people by and tried to finish the race.

For the second one, lagged improved, and a switch of setup changed my fortunes after another good start. I pressured J titz the whole race, but he never made a mistake big enough for me to capitalize.

Lets see if silverstone brings me luck again :hello:
Back to top Go down
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Apr 2017 - 21:53

Quali 1 was horrible as my graphics settings were not right and FOV was weird. My computer had some kinda of melt down it would seem and refused to function properly. Quali 2 was better but Honza and David were rapid!

Race 1: my FOV was not the same as last round due to the computer issues. so i had big blind spots and trouble finding my braking points. was battling with Honza and another TC car when a Peugeot re-joined in the dip before the fast right before the final left hander... i caught the car very quickly and got checked up losing places.. i ended up back behind Richard Wilks, whom id momentarily entered his car through surtees due to lag earlier in the race.. his car seemed to lag and check up into the fast right over the leap and unsteadied me and i went off. i was annoyed at the time but looking back there wasn't too much damage caused as a finished 3rd in TC

Race 2:

Good start and was towards the inside of T2 when i saw David on my inside.. I thought wow how did he get there.. bit of pinballing off of each other and he made it through fair play! Cant remember which lap but the quick right after Hawthorns, i was towards the middle of the track, David and a BMW ahead on the inside, but they seemed to check and i may have touched David into a spin.. completely unavoidable in my eyes so i carried on. If i had done something wrong in myself i would have slowed...Had a great battle with Honza and was getting caught from some quicker cars a vauxhall, BMW and Renault, i didnt want to fight with them a ruin my tyres so let them past. caught Honza again and passed, and maintained to the end for P1 in TC

Thanks Admin, racers and broascast team.. looking forward to watching it later!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Apr 2017 - 21:58

I'll try to forget race 1 as soon as possible. Qualified 20th, won 4 places, got punted off at Paddock, fought my way back to within a second off the points, went off at Graham Hill Bend and finally finished on the rear bumpers of the cars in 10th and 11th.

Race 2 was to be much better. In qualifying my car was suddenly behaving brilliantly. Gone was the understeer, gone was its horrible behaviour through Paddock. I couldn't understand why... then I noticed I was on the default setup. So much for my attempts at setting up the Mondeo's diffs and ARB's. :rigol:

A quick modification to get the brakes and shock absorbers right for the race and I was ready. Started 13th, made up a lot of ground into the first turns and got up as far as 6th. David Jacques was pressuring me though, and I started looking in my mirrors too much. After a few dodgy lines I finally threw it in the gravel at Clearways. Two cars in front of me had a coming together and I finally brought the Mondeo home in 7th.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Apr 2017 - 22:02

For those wanting to watch the broadcast, it can now be found here:

Cheers and I hope that you enjoy :drink:
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Apr 2017 - 22:05

Two fine pole positions and two fine wins for Honda Japan! :first:

First race me and Greg were very close. I bought my time behind him and eventually it all came my way. Shame we had a little tangle but for the first time this season the short straw was not mine!

Second race Greg and Richard had a better start then me. They collided in t1 so I could pass them both round the outside. After that I pulled away and saw a great Renault/Volvo battle in my mirrors. That's how I like it! Now I know how Hamilton felt like while he was leading last few seasons :langue:

Thx for broadcasting Jonathan and thx to the HSO admins for the organisation :top:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Apr 2017 - 22:08

Dave Simmons wrote:
Good start and was towards the inside of T2 when i saw David on my inside.. I thought wow how did he get there.. bit of pinballing off of each other and he made it through fair play! Cant remember which lap but the quick right after Hawthorns, i was towards the middle of the track, David and a BMW ahead on the inside, but they seemed to check and i may have touched David into a spin.. completely unavoidable in my eyes so i carried on. If i had done something wrong in myself i would have slowed...Had a great battle with Honza and was getting caught from some quicker cars a vauxhall, BMW and Renault, i didnt want to fight with them a ruin my tyres so let them past. caught Honza again and passed, and maintained to the end for P1 in TC

Thanks Admin, racers and broascast team.. looking forward to watching it later!
No problems from me, we were racing, these things happen. Congrats on your win.
Congrats to Honza for his race 1 win.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Apr 2017 - 22:38

Results and points are updated :flag:

P.S We have a new points leader :conduit:

Absolute fantastic racing from Yves in race one and Greg in race two. Made me realise why i love sim racing again :clap: :drink:

Sorry for the tap in turn 1 Greg of the 2nd race, we met at the apex and it pitched you into a half spin Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Apr 2017 - 23:09

Mick Chapman wrote:
Provisional appologies to whoever I seemed to turn in on Race 2, turn 4 lap 1.

I had to turn save replays off to reduce chance of CTD, so I await server replay or an earbashing before I comment more.

I do know I was not paying enough attention to mirrors as I would have liked/expected.

Wow!!.....Apology unconditionally retracted. I await yours.
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Apr 2017 - 23:13

I watched both races on the broadcast, great work by Jonatan who was on his own and still did a stellar job ! :clap:

The scrap between Greg and Richard in the second heat was on for the ages :yaa:

Congrats Peter and all :top:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Apr 2017 - 7:55

I'm glad that it's only sim-racing - because we would have many casualties in the crowd.

Never saw that many cars flipping over flying into the stands...

Thanks again for the coverage - with more races like this i think i'll better join Jonatan instead being on the track.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Apr 2017 - 8:19

Richard Coxon wrote:

Absolute fantastic racing from Yves in race one :

R1 : Merci Richard, mais un tour de plus, tu me mangeais, tu étais très (trop !) rapide !

R2 : Avec les petites modifications depuis deux courses, la BMW n'est pas forcément beaucoup plus rapide, mais surtout plus facile à conduire à la limite dans la durée.... mais pas assez pour éviter de partir en tête à queue quand Greg part en c....lle au départ dans le T1, et de me retrouver tout au fond de la voie de dégagement à l'intérieur ! Après grosse arsouille avec les potes ! :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Apr 2017 - 12:09

Grats to all participants, and specialy to the podium. :clap:
Sorry for my absence, but after the soccer match, I was out because of beer. drunken
Back to top Go down
Miroslav Havlík
Club Driver

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2016-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Apr 2017 - 15:37

Petře, omlouvám se všichni tam do sebe naráželi jak kulečníkové koule.Ty jsi vrazil do M Webra to Tě asi zpomalilo a já jsem nestačil zareagovat,promiň.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Apr 2017 - 16:57

Peugeot #10 free,
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Apr 2017 - 9:15

Brands Hatch is my favourite track. I was afraid, because many races before in this championship i had crashes mostly without my causes.
Q1 not my PB but very good time with my shopping cart i think Smile i was very happy.
R1 good start, there was many battles and after this i lost lot of position, but i have speed and consistency so i got some places back. Great hard and clean battle with Dave after this i overtake him and push very hard to hold my 7 place overall and independent win. Great job by Mick, team mate, for double at the podium.
Q2 was better but it was 12h place.
R2 Start was good too. Again some battles. After some laps Dave overtake me, and i was doing my best all the time, but he was quicker and there was no chance to take place back. Great job Dave. Same David Sabre at the 3rd place, nice race! 2nd place independent, i was again happy.

Gratz to all especially podiums. Finally race without crashing and racing with damaged car, thank you.

PS: i must take off my hat before Simon Wattman for help to Oyvind ! :hello:  Very sporting!

Thank you HSO for racing!
Thank you Jonathan for excellent broadcast as usually!
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Apr 2017 - 22:13

It can't get much worse from results point of view. Knocked off the track and lost rear wing in race 1, got turned around by Grant in the second race while driving on points (thanks for waiting, though :top: ) and finalised the disaster with my own mistake. The good thing is that i really enjoy driving the BMW :conduit: Maybe i'll finally achieve something in the next race. Grats to finishers
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Apr 2017 - 20:08

Q1 completely ok p16

Race 1 :: Got a good start and took the 8-9 positions on lap1.
Ran out in paddock hill and was present on the outside of the barrier. I do not know if S.Wattman tried and help me, but if that was what he was supposed to, so I thank a lot for it, really nice done.
  I took my car back on the track, but was overtaken by a number of cars, which I tried and let pass me, sorry, but I could not see R.Wilks that got a little problem with and get past, but instead and wait a few seconds he runs right into me behind and pushes me off the track, I think this was unnecessary. I and Wattman had some good battles with our wreck at the end of the race.

Q 2: better than in Q1 but poorer on the position .

Race 2: I had one false start and got Stop & And so my race was ruined, I'm surprised too and remain Ranked P 3 in Total Cup. See you all at Silverstone

Sorry for my English. Google translator
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Apr 2017 - 20:17

I apologize for that Oyvind, you lift at corner exit and i had nowhere to go Sad terribly sorry...
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Apr 2017 - 20:59

Richard Wilks wrote:
I apologize for that Oyvind, you lift at corner exit and i had nowhere to go Sad  terribly sorry...

It's okay, np Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]   Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 -  Brands Hatch GP [Apr 12th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3