Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]

Go down 
+40
Richard Wilks
Chris Stephens
Philippe Martinelli
Vincent Beretta
Gianluca Desposito
Arpad Vincze
Axel Putra
Miroslav Havlík
Paulo Rodrigues
Pascal Mikula
Cláudio Augusto
Rossetti Paolo
Alberto Ibañez
Steve Parker
Michal Janak
Jason White
Greg Hunt
François Remmen
Jason Fitch
David Jaques
David Jundt
Yves Plaçais
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Sebastian Vignone
Didier Conjeaud
Emmanuel Haas
Ludovic Tiengou
Gérard Ryon
Florkin Marc
Raymond Riddall
Petr Hlavac
Mick Chapman
Jonatan Acerclinth
Raul Jereb
Martin Lacina
Sky Willis
Michael Drechsler
Juha Bos
Jan Kowalski
Richard Coxon
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 1:39

Juha Bos wrote:
I'd say he's not expecting to qualify. Wink

Oh... but I wouldn't be that pessimistic. The Ligier still managed quite a few 7th places and should be well faster than:

AGS
Arrows
Coloni
Fondmetal
Lotus
Team Modena

Depends on the driver too, of course :langue:

Not to mention that last time, it wasn't that hard to get on the grid. Not sure if people will show up consistently throughout the season.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 3:23

ready to race! :conduit:

ludovic, the ligier does handle like a pig, but its has a good amount of power. fond memories of one of my first hso races, ran the ligier at mexico. qualified well down the grid, but come race time the power helped to pass and hold position on the straights, kept my nose clean and managed to score a 6th. this mod (type of racing) its all about being around at the finish.

Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 7:24

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 14:10

Juha Bos wrote:
I'd say he's not expecting to qualify. Wink

That's what I was saying. With the Ligier a slow driver like me as no chance at all to make the cut (save a miracle). To make matter more difficult, qualifications exercises have always been my Achilles heel. But I will try despise qualification is doubtful at best (well my historical counterparts doesn't qualify either).

I manage to go from 1.35 to 1.29 in qualifications set. But it's surely a bit too slow to got the sesam for the race.  I have tammed the instability of the car. But still I'm missing some motricity in exit and the car's reactions are rather blurry in entry. The 1.28 is not very far. But the last qualification spot was historically in 1.27.04. I'm still two full seconds behind.

On the bright side of things it's not so bad. Not being at the start will spare me the search for a viable race setup :rigol:

Quote :
ludovic, the ligier does handle like a pig, but its has a good amount of power.

The JS35b perhaps. But it doesn't seems to be case with the spec one JS35 . Do some practice with Sky Willis on the AGS-Ford. Our top speed were the same.

Last edited by Ludovic Tiengou on Tue 27 Dec 2016 - 15:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 14:39

one of the best real sounding cars!
this will keep you going
(bear in mind from Imola you will have the bigger airbox for optimal ram air effect= more power)
it benefit from its low center of gravity
if this engine was in the Mclaren or larrousse  it would be one of the favorite choices icm  chassis/engine

very strong element of this mod, real recorded sounds :D :conduit: :conduit:

Last edited by François Remmen on Tue 27 Dec 2016 - 21:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 15:48

Did Greg really manage 1:23,1 in 2013? Greg is obviously much faster,  but three seconds off the pace? Really? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 16:36

I want to say this track looks amazing! I love it.

great job Francois!
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 16:55

I'm doing some maths and work myself towards the sweet spot, but its quite a headache process... :urgence:

How about an unofficial non-qualifier championship too keep the motivation up? Wink
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 17:52

We will mail a wooden spoon to whoever DNQ's the most Razz
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 18:07

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Did Greg really manage 1:23,1 in 2013? Greg is obviously much faster,  but three seconds off the pace? Really? Crying or Very sad

1.22.6  with minardi in 2013
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 18:41

Richard Coxon wrote:

LOL
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 18:47

Richard Coxon wrote:

You read my mind! :top: Though I'd give it a twist: The spoon is awarded to the poor guy one who's losing the least time to ever make it to the grid over the season. Smile

I've got a rough idea and volunteer to keep record Wink
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 18:57

Raul Jereb wrote:

great job Francois!

I must agree, the track looks superb, :top: :top: :top: :top: :clap: :clap:

only what i noticed is the overal darknes, whole track and own car too, is there simulated cloudy weather or evening time? or i had something wrong on my computer? (on other track there is much light)
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 20:59

thanks guys means alot!

yeah finaly after 6 years the mod get what it deserves, a decent high quality trackpack
and without the help and advices  of Alberto , David and Jason it isnt possible as well

Indeed i wish the start of the season was abit more sunny but it wasn't
so the first race in the Sun  is MONACO lol!
also rain will be further on the season :D :D

the tracks represent RACE day and it was cloudy at sunday with a haze of blue init , qualify was sunny but rfactor cant do that same time
i also soften and mostly elimenate the  shadows of the buildings, they are gone now which  is real and benefit your fps
however for race day rfactor will sharpen the lighting automaticly

but in my spare time i will make a sunny phoenix for the die hards!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 21:31

I encountered a small problem when entering the server: I get a mismatch when my car's force feedback is set on "strong". No mismatch occurs with normal force feedback.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 21:43

:top: :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 21:53

somewhere here was guide to setup FF for 1991 with controller.ini (or PLR file) parameters and now i cant find it

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 22:59

Juha Bos wrote:
I encountered a small problem when entering the server: I get a mismatch when my car's force feedback is set on "strong". No mismatch occurs with normal force feedback.

FF is an upgrade, therefore either you or the server dont have latest version of the mod.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 0:01

I downloaded it again, reinstalled it, same problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 1:30

scratch :conduit: :D
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 1:47

Michal Janak wrote:
somewhere here was guide to setup FF for 1991 with controller.ini (or PLR file) parameters and now i cant find it

GameData>Vehicles>F1SR>F1_1991>Historic_Edition
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 8:34

Raul Jereb wrote:

great job Francois!

You managed to make that dull track a superb one. All that pesky bumps adds a real challenge Twisted Evil

Quote :
Though I'd give it a twist: The spoon is awarded to the poor guy one who's losing the least time to ever make it to the grid over the season.

Thinks Richard was refering to the 5 nations there where the team loosing all its games is allowed the infamous wooden spoon (mostly it's either Italy or Scotland. As a good french team supporter I always hope England will get it lol! )

Nonetheless it's a great idea. I'm on it if you need help as I could be one of the contender :D
Back to top Go down
Rossetti Paolo
Rookie

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2016-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 16:28

:conduit: present
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 17:36

present
Back to top Go down
Cláudio Augusto
Club Driver

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2015-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 23:02

I'll try to make the grid :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]   Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Iceberg United States Grand Prix [Jan 8th]
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next