Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)

Go down 
+22
Michal Janak
Jan Kowalski
David Sabre
Lee Simpson
Mick Chapman
Raul Jereb
Ludovic Tiengou
Martin Lacina
Jukka Närhi
Scott Urick
Jason Fitch
John White
Richard Coxon
Michael Drechsler
Bob Wilson
Juha Bos
Pascal Mikula
Dana Schurer
Jacob Fredriksson
Alberto Ibañez
Bob Holada
Jason White
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Nov 2016 - 23:30

In second race. What an opportunity for food position. When i save a bit fuel on the start in draft behind David J pehaps i drove into the pit one lap early so i hadnt got enough fuel in the finish so i got into the T2 than my tank was empty.:-(
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Nov 2016 - 23:32

4th place in heat 2 feels like a victory, considering I had to make a splash-and-dash stop at the end.

Can't say anything about heat 1 yet as I'm not quite sure where I'll eventually finish Razz
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Nov 2016 - 23:36

1st heat..got a stop & Go under yellow for some unknown reason...went in to serve it and stayed there for 74 seconds.....??I did not want a pit stop!

2nd heat...Brain failure...did not know I had damage...did not select do not fix..54 second stop Embarassed

Good racing..Congratulations to all and thank to HSO officials who do so much work so we can race.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Nov 2016 - 23:40

Felipe Novaes wrote:
Arpud , He threw me down the white line and gave me space and continued giving no space. This guy runs like he only existed on track. Always i try pass him, always cause problems. Other time he threw me into the wall. He dont know defend position. Is a reckless, dangerous and not fair driver. I'm made my mistakes too, but my diference is i try learn with my mistakes. He drive like alone on track.  The adms before the race asking patience, and apperentely he ignore this thing. Thanks for the cause big crash , big damages on my car.  My race is end. Because. This guy was slower I had a much better car and because of it lost contact with the rest of the group.  I try pass clear, I try pass clear anytimesr. Dont acepeted lost position, and forced, forced again and he's near ended race others drivers too.

Arpad Vincze wrote:
I watched the replay Felipe, u had more than enough space... there was space for 2 cars where u couldn't make the move. And that white line shows the limit of the track, so when i move on the inside, really close to that line, don't try to pass on the inside... i just defended my position using the track limits.. that's not forbidden.

ps: don't steer ur car right in a lefthand corner next time...

Jeez, both of you were all over the place and taking some very risky lines. That was a matter of time till you both went into the barriers, and I really had luck you didn't take me with you affraid

From there it was okay, even though my race was probably ruined by then, because I had lost the contact to the field by about 10 seconds. Once Felipe and Arpad were out of the way, I could go after Lee and make up time to him, but I was in full wind the whole time just until he went to the pits, and that hurt my fuel use. Things got a little bit better after the fuel stop, as I had a car to follow in the draft now, and I thought it might just work out after being lapped - until the lead went to the pits. Had to rush into the pits myself and lost two positions. The next time I crossed the line, the race was already over. Barnacles!

Kinda fun in the end, but the racing at the back of the field was :bangry: at best.
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Nov 2016 - 23:56

Heat one.........got reversed into even before formation lap (Understood though, My brain was locked in "launch mode". rather than reversing myself so you get pass the car in front of you) Then got banged again either on formation lap or yellow flag lap from behind. Pulling to left but still drivable, until the post yellow flag green, that is........launched my self over railing into pitlane and back onto track.

Heat two..........Sorry Martin for drifting over you front wing......I was about to drop into a gap the was getting smaller, and got spooked. Somehow managed to make lat stint last 33 laps, but misses my box, with under four liters left... cruised round again......(in the lead!!!???) made it back.....then went into "attack mode"......experienced some "ungentlemanly" behavior in final two laps. but had I not screwed my pitsyop, I would have been a lap ahead, so I will take it on the chin Smile

and thx admin...for keeping it together.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Nov 2016 - 23:57

Bob Wilson wrote:
2nd heat...Brain failure...did not know I had damage...did not select do not fix..54 second stop Embarassed
I did the same Bob and I knew that I had some damage that was not really slowing me down. :doh:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 0:03

The first race wasn't very good. Bad decisions regarding strategy, too much understeer and the confusion made the whole thing a little odd.

I made a drastic setup change (rear toe in from 0.5 to -0.5) and suddenly the car became awesome. I moved up the order from 13th to top 5 soon, had a clean pit stop with only right side changed and went off to the second stint. I was fortunate to get in touch with David. The chance of making it to the finish without additional splash'n'go grew with each lap behind David. In the end I thought that Richard will have to pit and this might be the chance for my first oval win. It didn't happen, as Richard had even more juice than me, but still I'm happy with my best oval performance to date.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 0:15

Michael Drechsler wrote:
Felipe Novaes wrote:
Arpud , He threw me down the white line and gave me space and continued giving no space. This guy runs like he only existed on track. Always i try pass him, always cause problems. Other time he threw me into the wall. He dont know defend position. Is a reckless, dangerous and not fair driver. I'm made my mistakes too, but my diference is i try learn with my mistakes. He drive like alone on track.  The adms before the race asking patience, and apperentely he ignore this thing. Thanks for the cause big crash , big damages on my car.  My race is end. Because. This guy was slower I had a much better car and because of it lost contact with the rest of the group.  I try pass clear, I try pass clear anytimesr. Dont acepeted lost position, and forced, forced again and he's near ended race others drivers too.

Arpad Vincze wrote:
I watched the replay Felipe, u had more than enough space... there was space for 2 cars where u couldn't make the move. And that white line shows the limit of the track, so when i move on the inside, really close to that line, don't try to pass on the inside... i just defended my position using the track limits.. that's not forbidden.

ps: don't steer ur car right in a lefthand corner next time...

Jeez, both of you were all over the place and taking some very risky lines. That was a matter of time till you both went into the barriers, and I really had luck you didn't take me with you affraid

From there it was okay, even though my race was probably ruined by then, because I had lost the contact to the field by about 10 seconds. Once Felipe and Arpad were out of the way, I could go after Lee and make up time to him, but I was in full wind the whole time just until he went to the pits, and that hurt my fuel use. Things got a little bit better after the fuel stop, as I had a car to follow in the draft now, and I thought it might just work out after being lapped - until the lead went to the pits. Had to rush into the pits myself and lost two positions. The next time I crossed the line, the race was already over. Barnacles!

Kinda fun in the end, but the racing at the back of the field was :bangry: at best.

We wrong, I side by side with you Drechsler, YF, Side by side with you I never change my line. You hit my car, not inverse.

Arpud I try pass you clear you not respect , under white line you have suficient space to you change your trajectory and i comeback the track. All times you forced and forced. When I resolve force to overtake because I have much speed than you. Looks replays again and you see the trak have suficient space to theese crash never happened. You know this. Up the track and I down the track, the curve preference is my, I try overtake you on left side, you forced in up side side both cars touched and crash. And threw a white eagle into the gross. (I dont know who, I only saw the incident)

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 0:18

Not in public please.

Take your issues to PM's with each other, we don't want the forum filling up with arguments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 0:21

Ok, I send my protest later,
Back to top Go down
Arpad Vincze
Rookie
Arpad Vincze

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 0:22

Michael Drechsler wrote:

Defending a position with rough but fair moves is alright in my opinion. The incident was caused by the incompetence generated by my simple moves... i was sticking to the inside line the whole time to keep my position and guess what happened.. Felipe tried to pass me on the inside every time, he tried to make the move... I was on the right place and why would i go to the outside and let him go, when he is not is an overtaking position? Felipe! I watched that replay at least 4 times and u changed ur line when u was next to me... I won't say, that it is my fault, because it is not... If you haven't watched the replay, that's ur problem. And I'm also happy that you did't came with us, Michael Smile

Congrats to the top 3 and to HSO for the organisation Smile
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 0:34

Please guys stay calm, watch the replay and learn from it. Making accusations here will only end up with the usual racing driver arguments. If you have watched the replay (when you have calmed down) and still feel that there was some bad driving then report it to Jason via PM.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 0:59

Felipe Novaes wrote:

We wrong, I side by side with you Drechsler, YF, Side by side with you I never change my line. You hit my car, not inverse.

If you're refering to the first heat, there was indeed an incident where I got a bit surprised about my car pulling more to the inside than I wanted (aero push from behind perhaps?) and hit you on the inside line, a bit to my surprise you were still there. Indeed I have to apologise for that one. I can't look it up right now, for some reason the replay wasn't saved.

Heat 2, sorry, but I have to disagree, I just reviewed the first 12 laps of the race and I'll stick to my opinion I already expressed. That wasn't a safe way of racing.

And a general tip for oval racing, cooperating is often more beneficial than constantly fighting each other hammer and tongs.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 2:27

Important info regarding the results of Round 12:

http://historicsimracing.123.st/t3331-decision-regarding-round-12-results
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 4:07

Points have been updated.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 7:43

Jason White wrote:

Now its clear! My crash was in my head indeed!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 11:12

Congratulations to Jukka and Richard. :champ:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 13:02

Raul Jereb wrote:
Jason White wrote:

Now its clear! My crash was in my head indeed!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

No, you just got lucky this time. :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 15:44

Jason White wrote:

I appreciate the admins' energy and will to rectify situations caused by rFactor going haywire and I guess I should be grateful for their decision working in my favour but winning this way isn't right, there were half a dozen drivers who deserved to win heat 1 more than I did :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 15:53

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
Jason White wrote:

I appreciate the admins' energy and will to rectify situations caused by rFactor going haywire and I guess I should be grateful for their decision working in my favour but winning this way isn't right, there were half a dozen drivers who deserved to win heat 1 more than I did :smil20:

Another thing to consider -- If the scoring error had not occurred, Raul's accident on the lap 59 restart would have effectively frozen the order until the end of the race.  In that case, you would have won anyway. Wink
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 16:15

Quote :
If the scoring error had not occurred, Raul's accident on the lap 59 restart would have effectively frozen the order until the end of the race.  In that case, you would have won anyway.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 16:57

I'm still confused by how the game thought I should be in the lead in the first place :hum:
Back to top Go down
Bob Holada
Club Driver
Bob Holada

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 17:32

Not a very good day for me. Nobody to blame but myself. Good Qually position but I was too slow on the start of the formation lap and Rfactor ordered me to the back. Caught up to the main pack easily enough. I got impatient and tried a inside pass at the start/finish line. Ended on the grass and then into the wall.

Heat 2 - Finally did a formation lap and start with no added drama.
I lose a few spots at the wave of the green. I make it through T1/T2 OK. I'm amongst a lot of cars and as we approach T3 my spotter warns me that we're three a breast and I'm on the outside. I have no clue how this is going to work. I try to gently move a little more to the right but get into the wall and spin. I'm thankful I didn't take anyone out but my race was over.

I spent the hours before the race doing multiple pit stops, but never got that far in either race Rolling Eyes .
I had some great practice battles with other drivers but that didn't prepare me for being as crowded as it was for me in Heat 2 Shocked . Would racing the AI help with that? And if so is there a FAQ for how to setup the AI ?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 19:21

Further developments with regard to the Heat 1 results

http://historicsimracing.123.st/t3331-decision-regarding-round-12-results#157892
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2016 - 19:30

It's great that you are taking a deep dive into this. rFactor can be weird sometimes. (that caution shouldn't have happened in the first place...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)   Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 12-13 - Michigan (Nov 6th)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next