Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)

Go down 
+32
David Jaques
Gianluca Desposito
Cláudio Augusto
Philippe Martinelli
Simon Wattman
James Knowles
Miroslav Havlík
Mick Chapman
David Sabre
Juha Bos
Raymond Riddall
Florkin Marc
Greg Hunt
Emmanuel Haas
Alberto Ibañez
Didier Conjeaud
Petr Hlavac
Matthias Weber
Yves Plaçais
Raul Jereb
Vincent Beretta
Martin Lacina
Gérard Ryon
Michael Drechsler
Pascal Mikula
Richard Coxon
Jacob Fredriksson
Ben Paulet
Jan Kowalski
Jonatan Acerclinth
Michal Janak
Jason White
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct 2016 - 22:10

Congratulations Greg! Great series!

ANTHEMS

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct 2016 - 22:12

Michal Janak wrote:
this race, after promising times from testing was disaster,  dont know what happen last day, but i was greatly fighting my car than othjer competitors,  after pray for points, i prayed for end of the race :smil20:

hmmm now i know , the car has changed rear geometry after hit from J. Boss at T1 in 1st lap and then big hit from behind from P. Mikula in 1st lap Parabolica

My laps were more than 1s worse than in pre race warmup and yesterday testings :bangry:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct 2016 - 22:32

Michal Janak wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:
this race, after promising times from testing was disaster,  dont know what happen last day, but i was greatly fighting my car than othjer competitors,  after pray for points, i prayed for end of the race :smil20:

hmmm  now i know , the car has changed rear geometry after hit from J. Boss at T1 in 1st lap and then big hit from behind from P. Mikula in 1st lap Parabolica

My laps were more than 1s worse than in pre race warmup and yesterday testings :bangry:  

Sorry for that, I should have left more room for you. When I saw you brake I thought I'd be ahead of you by the time we'd reach the chicane and I focused on the car on front. I only realised you where still there when I had already turned in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct 2016 - 22:49

Michael Drechsler wrote:
I managed to survive the start and the first chicane, got into a good rhythm, could hold the bunch right behind me at distance, and the errors of some other guys in front of me allowed me to creep up a few positions. That resulted in a pretty fun battle with Juha, who had the ability to go faster than me, but apparently, his car was a bit more difficult to drive. At about 100 litres of fuel, my car fired the second stage and I could move a bit away from Juha, but traffic got me again into a situation, where he could attack me again, but spun off into the first chicane. Phew! Finally got rid of that annoying bee swarm called Alfa!
Thank you for saying I'm faster than my car. lol!

This was probably the worst race I've driven so far.

I set a good time in qualifying, a lot faster than I'd done just an hour before in practice. My start was good, but after that it all went downhill. The car felt good, it was just... slow! Maybe it was the nudge I gave Michal that unsettled the car?

My early laps were slow. I was afraid I'd destroy the tyres too soon so kept back for a while. I found a few McLaren's to battle with but I failed to make an impression on them with the Brabham being a heavy car, especially early on. I just couldn't find the speed.

My advantage was supposed to be power. Unfortunately that power comes from an Alfa, which unlike a DFV only moderately appreciates being trashed beyond the rev limit. I dropped the attack mode as soon as I saw the engine life take a dive and waited for the fuel level to drop. Everyone in front just drove away.

Even on half a tank it wouldn't handle properly and I overshot 3 chicanes and made a trip through the gravel. After the umpteenth mistake I gave up and planned on cruising to the finish. My Brabham had other ideas though and pulled itself into a wall at the first chicane. One wheel lost but the engine still running, I still wasn't a DNF! I completed my lap and sat in the pitlane waiting for the race to finish.

It wasn't a bad car in practice, but I suppose the bump I gave Michal ruined my race because it ran nicely on a race setup during warmup.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct 2016 - 23:23

Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Oct 2016 - 0:13

First thing to say: Amazing coverage again!!! :clap:

Start:
Bad reaction time, good traction - but after 20m i lost my momentum because Didier overslept the start and Mick crashing into his back i had to brake and luckily saved my frontwing.
The next corners went really well and my car was surprisingly competitive - after two laps I realized why...
I just forgot to switch back to the Hard compound after qualifying :doh:

So i tried to keep the Softs alive, but left rear was too bad at the and i had to pit on 6th position. Why isn't it possible to change only 1 tire instead of all 4 Sad

P11 at the end, i don't think hard tires would have changed the result - so I enjoyed the battle with Michal (that was very close on exit Ascari Shocked ), Philippe and Jacob.

I don't know if i can make it to the last 2 Races, i hope for it.

Thanks to all the guys for this well-attended race again. :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Oct 2016 - 0:38

Results and points are up

With the Drivers' Championship decided, the Constructors' Championship is still up for grabs Smile
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Oct 2016 - 9:27

Congratulations on the championship Greg :champ:

Great live coverage which I got to watch after my retirement.

27 starters :top:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Oct 2016 - 10:07

First of all, grats Greg, it's been a dominant performance all year long Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 3108518133  

The race was a 52 laps sprint for me, full attack. Beating Greg is impossible unless he beats himself (Zandvoort), but there was some chance to beat Gerard. At least i thought so. I had the speed to get away in the first sector. Unfortunately, Lesmos, Ascari and Parabolica is Lotus' territory. It might not be visible, but Williams is a VERY loose car and driving it is a neverending struggle to find ballance between drifting and not overdriving the car. Especially when you're trying to hold a Lotus behind your back. The inevitable happened with some 10 laps to go and i had to settle for 3rd. Nevermind, it's not that bad after all.

I'm delighted to secure 3rd in the championship two races before the finale. There's no way i could move up to P2 in the championship, but it doesn't mean that i won't be back in Montreal and Glen as pumped up as always  Wink  

Again, amazing live coverage  :top:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Oct 2016 - 12:20

Pas de chance, Didier, tu patines beaucoup au départ, Juha arrive à t'éviter malgré un petit contact, Mick arrive derrière, et logiquement plus vite, t'aperçoit au dernier moment lorsque Juha se décale pour t'éviter, mais lui ne peut le faire et te détruit l'aileron AR (et le sien AV)

Scène hyper classique, dommage pour une fois qu'on aurait pu rouler ensemble !
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Oct 2016 - 12:37

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
I would not call it a great start when you pushed me off the track. Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry Jacob, I didn't realize that I pushed you off the track, I knew that at the start my car went very wide but I didn't know that I pushed you off :doh:

Michal Janak wrote:
big hit from behind from P. Mikula in 1st lap Parabolica

I'm really sorry for that too Michal, I literally prayed at the braking zone that I wouldn't hit your car but my front wheels locked up Sad
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Oct 2016 - 12:47

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
I would not call it a great start when you pushed me off the track. Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry Jacob, I didn't realize that I pushed you off the track, I knew that at the start my car went very wide but I didn't know that I pushed you off :doh:

No real harm done, so no worries. Just learn from your mistakes! Smile
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Oct 2016 - 13:03

Congratulations to Greg for a well deserved championship

---------------------------:champ: :first: :champ: --------------------------

Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 3108518133  :clap:  Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 3108518133  :clap:  Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 3108518133 :clap:   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 3108518133  :clap:  Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 3108518133  :clap:  Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 3108518133  :clap:  Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Oct 2016 - 13:11

Well....

Came into the event after having spent yesterday at a Floorball Referee Re/Up-Education for the coming season so clearly I were bit more tired than I'd usually be for these races.

In Qually I only did a race lap to get a feel for the car again as I didn't feel that I'd get far enough up the field to make it worth qualifying nor sure enough of my race pace as the car just wasn't working for me, as per usual :doh:

The Race got underway and I immedietly pulled to the grass to let those behind me past so that I could be at the back where I wanted to be for the opening lap, I expected carnage but good job by everyone involved to avoid any major pile-ups.

Then I settled in and tried to get up the field a little bit, had a small battle with Gianluca and Marcus which ended when I had gotten up the inside of Gianluca into the 3rd chicane and Marcus span in front of us, I checked up as to not hit him and I think I caught out Gianluca, sorry to have caused you to spin Sad

After this I caught up with David and we had a nice little battle exchanging misstakes which let one and another through until he went wide coming out of Ascari and I could pull out a bit of a gap.

After this I also caught up to one more driver who I passed later, sorry but I was too tired yesterday and have now forgotten most guys I had around me and who I battled with... Embarassed

In the end found myself in P17 or 16 and with a 26 second gap to Martin in his Renault and Michal in the works McLaren.
I tried for a couple of laps to go as fast as I dared (while not going so fast that I'd risk to crash out) but I was only able to pull or lose a few tenths every lap so decided that it was pretty much a lost cause and I just settled down and cruised for the rest of the race.

In the end picked up 10th position, a position that I wouldn't, and probably shouldn't, have gotten has others not run into trouble, a 17th or 18th place was my actual pace yesterday.

Never liked Monza and that view hasn't changed.

But I did take the time while cruising to share a thought to Ronnie, it was truly an unfortunate crash and loss of life. But where-ever he is, I'm sure he's still racing and winning :drink:

Cheers and see you all in Canada.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:11

Bravo Greg Smile
J'étais sûr que ton style kamikaze ferait merveille dans les chicanes de Monza :D
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:29

Grats to Greg for the win, the podium, and all participants. :top:
Thx for your warm comments about the coverage. :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:00

Congrats Greg on the championship! A stunning season.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Oct 2016 - 11:24

I tried really hard in qualifying to get my PB, but i had to start from 10th on the grid. 8th would have been the maximum i think.
The race start went well again, i started on the right hand side of the track and overtook some cars, so i was in 4th before turn 1. I couldn't go the pace of the front runners, even my race strategy was to start with soft tyres. So i was most of the time alone on track, made a few mistakes that cost 10 seconds in total i think. I pitted on Lap 26 for new soft tyres, and was back on track in 11th. My pace was in the 1.38s and i managed to get places back. As i approached Matthias car in 6th, he had to pit too. So there was one point for me this time. I´m happy with that on a track which i dont like very much. And finally a finish :flag: after 3 DNF in a row.

Congratulation for the championship Greg :cowboy2:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Oct 2016 - 13:31

I still dont understand my Connection Lost. I saw cars around me when I got the message, then they disappeared after a couple of seconds. There were no scoring glitch until I got the message either. I found this very strange. I thought I had seen it all in rFactor, but clearly not. Have had two Connection Lost's this season, which is two too many (but I don't think the problems are related. First one happened at Jarama, there there was to usual cars disappears for half a minute or so, then you got kicked out).
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Oct 2016 - 14:26

I think, hope and pray that those discos at the beginning of the year were caused by incorrect connection settings. Default is ISDN 56kb or something like that. Once i changed it to cable 256+, it's been all right.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Oct 2016 - 15:33

thank you  guys :chinois:   :top:  

que ce fut dur .  Grace a mon attaque de "kamikaze "  Smile  ( pour reprendre le terme de Gui ) dans le double enchainement de la 1 ere chicane je parvenais  a devancé de 9 dixiemes Gerard dans le 1 er secteur mais grace a la performance de la lotus dans le double lesmo / Ascari et la parabolica il me reprenait entre 1.2 et 1.5 s au tour en 4 virages  affraid  

apres mon depart moyen et la perte de la 2 eme place au profit de Petr , la seule issue possible pour moi etait de récuperer au plus vite celle ci ,  et de ne surtout pas laisser Gérard prendre ne serait ce que 300 m d avance sinon c etait mort .

heureusement des la sortie de la 2 eme chicane ,j ai reussi a faire les freins a Petr dans le 1 er lesmo .

Pendant 10 tours derriere Gerard ce fut "l horreur "  , au prix de risques enorme dans la 1 er chicane  je le recollais , mais dans la foulée tout le reste du tour il me larguait et j avais beau tout donner , il n y avait rien a faire .
Puis suite à une petite faute dans son secteur de prédilection  , j ai pu le recoller et la j ai saisi immédiatement l opportunité de le dépasser au freinage d' Ascari .

a partir de la , la situation était bien différente  , j etais en tete , et bien décider a vendre TRES CHEREMENT ma peau !!

3 fois il m a dépassé au freinage de la parabolica ( impressionnante la lotus a cet endroit ) mais dans la foulée , a chaque fois je lui refaisais les freins au freinage de la 1 ere chicane .
La stratégie était claire : ne jamais lui laisser ne serait ce qu une seconde de répit ,  et lui mettre le maximum de pression .

au 20 eme tour il a commis une erreur et il s' est retrouvé a 15 secondes .  

comme je n avais aucun appui aéro a 15 tours de la fin j ai perdu beaucoup de grip pneumatique , la voiture etait de plus en plus dure a tenir en piste mais impossible de ralentir un petit peu car il revenait a coup de 1.3 s au tour lors des 10 derniers tour  . puis a 2 tours de la fin , il a re commis  une faute et la c etait ok pour la victoire et le titre de champion f1 1978 HSO .

:first:  :champ:  :flag:  

well done all finishers , see ya in Glen  :conduit:

Last edited by Greg Goissen on Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 17:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Oct 2016 - 16:15

:clap: Bien résumé Greg.Bravo pour le titre de champion du monde 1978  :top: J'ai regardé le replay,tu est un "Lucky Man" dans les chicanes,et quand tu as escaladé la bordure blanche.
Un tous grand remerciement pour les journalistes et le cameramen,vue gyroscopique. :chinois:
Bravo a tous les participants qui ont rallier l'arrivée. :flag:
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Oct 2016 - 20:34

Firstly well done to Greg for wining the championship. :champ:
As for the race the Fittipaldi was surprisingly quick in qualy putting me on the second row, but to much wheel spin off the line dropped me down 10th. after a few laps I settled into what I thought was going to be another race long fight with Jan until I lost it with 20 laps to go at Ascari and beached it .Managed to get going again and claim 8th at the end.

Well doe to all finishers and thanks for the coverage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)   Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 14 - Monza (Oct 2nd)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4