Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]

Go down 
+29
Pascal Mikula
Petr Hlavac
Simon Wattman
Mick Chapman
Konstantin Zubov
Philippe Martinelli
Oyvind Andersen
David Sabre
Alberto Ibañez
Michal Janak
Jan Titz
Raymond Riddall
Patrice Gibelin
Gianluca Desposito
Raul Jereb
Matthias Weber
Michael Drechsler
Ludovic Tiengou
Sky Willis
Ben Paulet
Steve Parker
Juha Bos
Yves Plaçais
Jacob Fredriksson
Jan Kowalski
Dylan Canton
Martin Lacina
Jonatan Acerclinth
Richard Coxon
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 19:40

Richard Coxon wrote:
It shouldn't be. The Grid is perhaps the most stable car in the field. You are probably pushing too hard.

so maybe gears and brakes are bad on me
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 20:51

Arf just arrived home. Sorry Pascal :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 20:53

I choose a bad grill tape for the race 60% so my engine began overheating after a few laps. A strange is that in warmup was the temperature ok.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 20:58

Warmup is in the morning, hence it was darker, and also cooler Wink

The race was at 3:00pm, much warmer.

Last edited by Richard Coxon on Wed 21 Sep 2016 - 20:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 20:58

My wheel quit on me, its getting no power, so race was over, but not before all sorts of people push me around, until i ended up in the pit lane!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 21:02

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Arf just arrived home. Sorry Pascal :smil20:

It's no problem, I didn't have any problems Wink
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 21:03

This race wasn't a stock car race at Martinsville, this was a group C race at Brands Hatch. Be a gentleman.
Martin, first of all, don't ever do that again. Second of all, if you happen to do that again, give up your position! I was furious from that push and I felt no sympathy when I saw your engine blow up.

In any case, I didn't bother much about qualifying, one run with low fuel and taped up grill was good enough. It is the race that counts. I knew exactly where I had my car, and only did one little trip through the gravel. But man, Ray really got his Alba hooked up, he was impossible this time too! Big congrats! I'm very pleased with another 2nd in class myself.

:second:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 21:13

It's a miracle, I finished a race. :D

A PB in qualifying which got me 10th on the grid, but more importantly I had my set up issues sorted and I was happy with the car's handling. Early in the race I moved up to 5th with a small pack chasing me. It went wrong when turning into Paddock, I got a nudge, spun and dropped to 17th. I came back to 8th, spun again all by myself, came back to 8th again. The combination of my setup and me trying to hard meant that by then I'd murdered my tires, so I did even more gardening to end the race outside the top 10.

Good car - driver needs improvement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 21:18

Results and points are up :flag:
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 21:25

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
This race wasn't a stock car race at Martinsville, this was a group C race at Brands Hatch. Be a gentleman.
Martin, first of all, don't ever do that again. Second of all, if you happen to do that again, give up your position! I was furious from that push and I felt no sympathy when I saw your engine blow up.

In any case, I didn't bother much about qualifying, one run with low fuel and taped up grill was good enough. It is the race that counts. I knew exactly where I had my car, and only did one little trip through the gravel. But man, Ray really got his Alba hooked up, he was impossible this time too! Big congrats! I'm very pleased with another 2nd in class myself.

Sorry Jacob for that contact. It was my unforgiving mistake. Belive me that i was glad to see you in my mirrors againg.Next time i will be more carefull.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 21:50

Dear Lord, that was intense. BH Indy isn't my favourite track, quite the opposite, though. One of the reasons is I'm barely able to lap consistently around there. I finally broke the 48 second barrier, but there was still more than 4/10s in the car, that would have gotten me into the Top 10, but well, the race was still 50 laps, and my setup felt good.

First laps were like affraid A little rubbing here, a touch there, a lil' bump for good measure, I lost a few positions in the ongoing melee, tried to get them back, but two attemps ended with pretty hard contacts, and damn, cars about everywhere! Including some who lost control and were right in the middle of the track. A few laps into the race, I lost my rear in the final corner, and was 21st and dead last. Now thanks again, at least no one to blame but me this time Rolling Eyes
Well, I started my chase there, was soon near the next competitors, gained a couple of positions, had a fun three-way battle with Ben Paulet and Mick Chapman, fought them down somehow, then I was about to close the gap to Jan Titz and Matthias Weber, but got stuck behind Frank Penk. That was a fight with mixed feelings for me. On one hand, it was pretty fun, but unfortunately, I lost a lot of time to the guys in front of me, as his car was really slow right in the places where my car had its strong points. I lost up to two seconds per lap, and that was kinda frustrating. Well, at some point, he lost it braking into druids, and I could finally pass him, and a short while later, I was able to pass Matthias as well. I still tried to chase down Jan, but it was a bit late, and also tried to get away from Matthias. But doing so, my left front got a bit hot and the car's balance shifted to oversteer, which allowed him to start a late attack, and he got by with a bit of rubbing. Even though I lost my 12th in the end, it was great racing. I was quite happy with my car this time, could always do 49 second laps, just had to watch my tire temperature. Had quite some fun, even though it was BH Indy Smile
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 22:03

A tough race as was expected on this short track. I did my fastest lap in qualifying and qualified 5th, happy with that. I decided to take it easy after the start only to be hit from behind and dropping down to 8th with a damaged rear. The damaged then caused the rear tyre to wear quickly and I had a job holding off other cars , the inevitable bumps and nudges then followed and I struggled home to finish 6th, 3rd in class:) . A hard race but it was fun.
Congrats to the class winners, Ray & Yves. :clap:

A good turn out again with 22 cars on the grid :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 23:33

I'd like to add a few notes.

1: Thank you all for coming, it's great to see so many cars on track. :D

2: I'm dissapointed as some drivers were trying to win the race at the first corner. Take your time, these are long races.

3: The contact that was experienced in the first few laps wasn't really acceptable. Please take more care in future, again the races are long so you don't need to make do or die manouvers. These are not touring cars Wink

But thanks again for showing up, without you guys these series wouldn't happen or be half as enjoyable Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016 - 23:58

I second Richard's feelings, great atendance, but people should be more careful early in the race.

Great Broadcast Pascal! :top: really nice, great work.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2016 - 7:02

sorry for my absents again, my back was killing me and i couldn't sit down in my chair for more the 10 minutes
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2016 - 7:25

Good start without any contacts, got up from P15 to P7.

Still have massive problems on the brakes with this car, so i spun 3 times trying to avoid contact with other cars. pale
(braked harder than i used to)
Engine still overheating at 0% grille, so i had to shift really early and losing time.

At least i got some good fights.

Sorry to Raul, one of my spins ended his race.

Never liked Brands Hatch Indy, and after this race it wont change.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2016 - 7:34

Matthias Weber wrote:

Sorry to Raul, one of my spins ended his race.

No problem Matthias, it was not your fault, you lost it, and my car just refused to turn... Sad
Pretty realistic, I would say..

Too bad, since I really like this track, and this cars too...
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2016 - 8:01

Thanks Pascal for the coverage. :top:

Aber das mit den Einblendungen am Anfang hat ein wenig genervt :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2016 - 9:04

Dylan Canton wrote:
sorry for my absents again, my back was killing me and i couldn't sit down in my chair for more the 10 minutes

That's okay Dylan, but if you miss one without informing us of your absense before the race i will have to remove you from the entry list.

Hope your back feels better soon.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2016 - 9:26

Martin Lacina wrote:
Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

Sorry Jacob for that contact. It was my unforgiving mistake. Belive me that i was glad to see you in my mirrors againg.Next time i will be more carefull.

Glad you're making that reply, sporting. :top: I won't hold grudges.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2016 - 9:36

Didnt make it back in time yesterday, sry. I´m aware of the rules. Will be there next time.

Thanks for the coverage, beautiful view of the track.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2016 - 9:52

Qualy in 20th position, I did some good moves to catch my teammate (for the next endurance.. :antoine: ) Philou who was already fighting with 2-3 opponents. I've success to follow them during some laps. I stay well focused on my braking points, and try to not overdrive. All happen well for me at this moment.
But some laps later, exiting the turn 2, I feel a slighty rear bump who makes me spin. To avoid accident, I had to let pass the cars. I restart 19th completely disappointed. I try to re-focus on the race, but no success, I overdrive. I press esc, 2 laps later in this hellish turn 2. Neutral
Grats to podium and all participants. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Chris Tarboton
Club Driver

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2016 - 15:03

I don't know what happened, I posted a post apologising for not being able to make this race but it did not appear here. My apologies Richard.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2016 - 15:04

No problem Chris.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2016 - 15:24

I knew I'd struggle in Qualy but I didnt think I'd struggle that hard in the race...

In Qualy I just couldn't keep the car straight, it was too loose on low fuel, and the hard tires, so was happy to even get a 48 time...

The Race got underway and took it gingerely keeping an eye out for trouble and trying to avoid contact. The circuit invites for contact so a little bit of rubbing did happen but generally it was a clean first few laps.

After them I was close to the top 10 after having done a few passes and making use of others missfortune but then I ended up behind Frank (I believe your first name is at least mr Penk) and Phillipe and sort of got stuck there.
Just like Matthias, my car was strong in the wrong areas and I couldn't find my way past and burnt my left front a bit too much looking for the pass. The only place I was much quicker was onto the back straight and into the Surtees-McLeans complex which is not really a passing place...

In the end got up past Frank after he outbroke himself into Paddock Hill but I soon was passed as well.

After that point I was purely driving defensively because the car was much like a Train, it just wouldn't turn right. I suppose that's also because of some of the damage that the car suffered after numerous nudges and rubbings...

In the end had a pretty good battle with Michal which sadly ended in a bad way as I made a misstake at Paddock and then tried to defend down into Druids but decided to leave the door open, realized that had a taken the turn I would have been hit (not sure if there were an overlap on turn-in but I assume there was) and then I tried to look up the inside coming out of the turn and had a slight overlap but Michal wanted a bit more room and more contact was made, almost turning him into the wall in a similar way to that of Steve Soper in 2001(?) and I then tried too hard taking advantage of Graham Hill but lost it coming out and dropped another position to Phillipe.

Overall a nice race but a bit too much contact, from both me and others, which dropped the enjoyment somewhat but as I said, the circuit invites to contact since there is only 1 real overtaking spot which is easy-ish to defend in.

Cheers and see you all at Donington, a much nicer circuit for these cars (if you diregard Coppice, such a frustrating turn...) Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]   Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Brands Hatch [Sept 21st]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next