Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)

Go down 
+22
Mick Chapman
Petr Hlavac
Ludovic Tiengou
Simon Wattman
Jan Kowalski
Martin Lacina
Raul Jereb
Scott Urick
Lee Simpson
Sky Willis
Jukka Närhi
Jacob Fredriksson
Alberto Ibañez
Jason Fitch
Bob Holada
Michael Drechsler
David Sabre
Bob Wilson
Richard Coxon
Juha Bos
Dana Schurer
Jason White
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 19:02

Official Practice is underway  Very Happy
Qualy in 45 min
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 20:08

I'm sorry, i can't race today. Getting some texture errors, some cars are grey boxes, the game freezes. Probably because of installation of another mod recently. Have fun, good luck all
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 20:22

Really dont know why i got a DQ in 5 lap. Im not aware any mistake. Suddenly server kick me off the track. Im really dissapointed. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 20:23

i gave up trying to join the session too after a while. i was getting a lot of errors with names like 'wcarbody' appearing and the game kept crashing.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 20:31

Heh. I got a stop and go penalty. For what? If somebody know please say. why i didnt see any flag or any information on my screen. I dont know nothing about this penalty GRRRR.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 20:36

Ran out of fuel because the pits were closed....

Sums my week up  :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 20:37

Made it into the pits with 0 litres, and once I get out: connection lost. :urgence:

If anyone has a suggestion to avoid this, it would be welcome. My internet connection hasn't been stopped for hours so that's unlikely to be the cause.

Last edited by Juha Bos on Sun 11 Sep 2016 - 20:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Simon Wattman
Experienced Driver
Simon Wattman

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 20:38

Also got stop/go at the start :smil20:

But after that I got into a nice battle with some other cars. It went well until the first pitstop when i did a silly mistake and caused yellow flag :doh: sorry Embarassed

Hopefully better luck next time :conduit:

Thanks for organizing this event and series Smile :top:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 20:50

Lack of practice time during the week and all weekend out of town meant I had not much preparation and had never run on traffic in the server. The setup was too unstable for that condition and I was never comfortable in the race. After the first pitstop, where I stupidly overshot the pit box, I found myself strangely with Dana despite she always scored in my HUD as in front of me. Suspecting this meant I was almost a lap down I was not sure if to let her by or not, I tried several times to see what happened and nothing ... no blue flag, no change in position when I overtook or got overtaken  scratch  Anyway bruised the wall exiting turn 2 due to lack of motivation/concentration and decided to park it as I didnt't feel like racing at all Neutral

Apologizes to anyone who might have suffered my erratic driving  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:07

Was on a lap in the late 60s of the race-and had a massive !!! sceen freeze

Scott-you were along side me-then out of the race.

I'm so very sorry.

I can supply my replay if you need to see it...
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:09

Comcast outage caused my retirement. That's a first. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:12

Concentration is soooo important and I lost mine for just a instant :grrr: All by myself Embarassed

Great race otherwise,,,thanks to everone.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:19

My risky strategy was working in fact  :banane: . I lowered my boost to make a two pit stop only strategy. I just needed two things then. Being lapped by the leader and one yellow. Got both in fact. So it was a good choice as I was a solid ninth with no pit stop to do at 20 laps from the finish.
Can't said the race was very appealing though as my boost choice made me very slow. It was quite difficult for me to follow even the pace of the Foyt engine. But it was the price to paid for my strategy. Thz heat (it was over 30°C in Grenoble at 21:00CET) added to the difficulty of the race.
Not shiny but effective...that's all I could hope and it was happening.

But then, for the first time in two years, my connection went off. My box rebooted without reason. I was pissed as I was doing my best race on this serie with a huuuuuge result to come. But that's race. Shit happens :smil20: .
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:22

Race results and points will be uploaded as soon as I have Internet access back.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:23

Martin Lacina wrote:
Really dont know why i got a DQ in 5 lap. Im not aware any mistake. Suddenly server kick me off the track. Im really dissapointed. Evil or Very Mad
You were right behind me when you disappeared. I thought that was very strange.
Maybe the DQ was for not stopping for the stop & go penalty.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:24

Well, I lost this one in the Pits...
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:25

David Sabre wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
You were right behind me when you disappeared. I thought that was very strange.
Maybe the DQ was for not stopping for the stop & go penalty.

Is it possible the server ordered you to the back for a slow getaway on the pace lap, and you missed this ?
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:27

Woohoo, fun racing! Mixed emotions about the result though, as I think I had the fastest car in clean air Maybe Fitch was on par, but I could gain on everyone it seemed, as long as no one was on my tail.

And that was the problem with qualifying 15th. So much traffic! I eventually cleared a few battle packs in the first stint, just got my pit stop done during the caution, and was then in the top 5.

The problem I had near the end was Sabre, who wasn't fast enough leading me to gain on Schurer and Jaques, but whenever I was in front, he tagged along in the draft, which made me too loose to gain on the two in front! When I eventually cleared him, Schurer was in front and there was too little time left. Great result however with 2nd, big congrats to Dana, another impressive victory!

:second:
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:28

I lost touch with the leaders very early and then got screwed by the caution. I was in the middle of my pitstop when the yellow came out and I was told to follow the pace car - and then stay behind Jason White and then Bob, while the leaders apparently got a free lap Rolling Eyes

Later, I had a run with Alberto until he dropped out and then tried to hang onto Dana; I do hope it was just lag and not a brake check on lap 50 Question

Points, yay.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:29

Well one of those races.

Qualified as usual, because of the foyt i just clocked a time, and the strategy was getting to the front as quickly as i could. I did just that with the first pit stop and the yellow, but then when i was behind the safety car and someone hit me. It was all over after that, a minute to repair plus another lap added because i was stopped on the track so i was "driving too slow". After that i just circulated to the finish.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:33

No thanks for once again putting me out of contention under a yellow Rolling Eyes

Made a last minute setup change (one click more stagger, one click less front wing, wee bit of tire pressure adjustments), made a small tire pressure adjustment during the first pit stop, from then on, the car was perfect. I could place the car anywhere on the track where I wanted or needed it and it maintain the balance over the whole stint. Just as I liked it. The yellow came out right in the lap I left the pits, so I figured I was lucky. That ended when the field approached the safety car, I slowed down so I would not run into the car in front of me. Well, someone else did the job. I somehow managed limped back into the pits (I think that was a bit hairy, because without RR wheel, handling is a bit 'difficult'), lost a lot of time, and rejoined the race one lap down on the next car. I could quickly get into the same lap as three or four cars in front of me, slowly nibbled of some of the time, had a fun battle with some other Eagle for a while, then soon after the second round of pitstops, I was no longer the last car running and moved on trying to gain more positions and got as high as 10th.
My race ended with about 8 laps to go, when I dived into the pits for a splash, unfortunately overshot my spot, so I got a bit delayed. When shifting into fourth, I shot my engine. Oh well, there went another race... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:52

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
The problem I had near the end was Sabre, who wasn't fast enough leading me to gain on Schurer and Jaques, but whenever I was in front, he tagged along in the draft, which made me too loose to gain on the two in front! When I eventually cleared him, Schurer was in front and there was too little time left. Great result however with 2nd, big congrats to Dana, another impressive victory!
:second:
lol! I had to tag along in the draft I was trying not to make another pitstop, I think that I would have ended up two laps short. You did a fair bit of sitting in the draft too. I thought that we could work together to close the gap but that didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Dana Schurer
Experienced Driver
Dana Schurer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 22:13

A mostly quiet race spent staring at the fuel gauge for me. study The first stint saw some solid scraps with the only downside being my heart jumping out of my chest every time Scott's Parnelli teleported up the track mid-corner. After the first stops, I lost Fitch's draft during the disorganized restart and spent the remainder of the race in mostly clean air trying to chase down faster cars who generally had better luck finding drafting partners. A couple good pitstops and some lucky traffic stuck me in front, though, and I was able to cruise home for the win. I'd have loved a bit more Texas-style drafting battles and traffic but a win is a win so I certainly can't complain. Congrats to all finishers and especially Jacob for putting a Coyote on the podium.  :top:

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
Later, I had a run with Alberto until he dropped out and then tried to hang onto Dana; I do hope it was just lag and not a brake check on lap 50 Question
Apologies for that. I dropped from my fuel-saving fourth gear to my racier third because the Davids with their more powerful engines were starting to reel me in. I tried to pull out a bit of a gap before doing so but there's really never enough space to comfortably lift here.
Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 23:06

Michael Drechsler wrote:
No thanks for once again putting me out of contention under a yellow Rolling Eyes

That was me, Michael. And I am truly sorry! I totally had my head up my ass. I had already made my pit stop under green and was checking the running order to see where we would shake out after the leaders pitted under yellow. I didn't realize my speed had crept up. I really feel bad since I'm always complaining to myself about drivers who can't pace.

Once again -- sorry.
Back to top Go down
Bob Holada
Club Driver
Bob Holada

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2016 - 23:12

Way to many mistakes on my part. Brushed a wall and crashed during Qually. Banged into Bob W during the 1st start. Thankful for a 2nd chance. My first pitstop was slow. Found myself one lap down for the restart (right behind the 1st place car) after the 1st round of stops. All I could do at the restart was hang on and hope all the fast racers got by safely. And they did Thanks. Finally settled down . And completely missed that I was running low on fuel. End of race. Sure was fun though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)   Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - Michigan (Sep 11th)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next