Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone

Go down 
+27
Michal Janak
Dylan Canton
David Sabre
Raymond Riddall
Jan Titz
Matthias Weber
Pascal Mikula
Ben Paulet
Chris Tarboton
Steve Parker
Oyvind Andersen
Ludovic Tiengou
Sky Willis
Juha Bos
Richard Wilks
Michael Drechsler
Jason Fitch
Jacob Fredriksson
Jonatan Acerclinth
Petr Hlavac
Philippe Martinelli
Yves Plaçais
Martin Lacina
Jason White
Raul Jereb
Jan Kowalski
Richard Coxon
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Empty
PostSubject: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016 - 14:49

Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day

Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone _Silverstone-1989-06-04

=> TRACK DOWNLOAD <=
=> HOTLAPS <=

Event Schedule (all times given are CET):

Wednesday September 7th

20:00 – Qualifying
20:50 – Warm-up and drivers’ briefing
21:00 – Race start (48 Laps)

Server IP : 91.121.135.76:34700
Race server password : hso89

Starts will be given flying, after one formation lap.

Race Start Procedure

Once the green lights show, this will be the signal for the beginning of our formation lap, which drivers will cover at low speed (around 150 kph / 90 mph). Do not overtake, stay packed, no more than 2 or 3 car lengths between each car. Excessive zigzaging to warm up your tires is not allowed.

After the last turn, cars will keep rolling at reduced speed in the starting grid formation, so remember your side of the grid.
When the leading car will be in sight of the start/finish line, an admin will give the real start of the race by typing "GREEN FLAG" in the chat.

Overtake before crossing the start/finish line is allowed.

Before the green flag, drivers should remain in a grid formation, as shown below :

Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone GridOK

Training Server

A training server running on the next scheduled track will be online permanently. Password : hso89

Behaviour on track

A few behaviour rules :

- as for all HSO races, it is required you use your real name both in-game and on the forum. Thank you.

- Chatting is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN in race session. It is allowed in qualifying sessions for technical issues only.

- Drive Through : If a driver has to do a drive through, even if there is no pit lane speed limit, he has to drive through the pitlane at 100km/h max (60mph). If he doesn't respect this, he will get a 30s penalty at the end of the race.

- Shortcuts : If a driver gains a position after shortcutting a turn, he is required to give it back as soon as possible. In the case where a driver would not do it rapidly, a 30-second penalty will be added to his total race time. In the event of abusive and intentional shortcutting, severe sanctions will be applied (up to definitive a ban from the league). To make sure you never shortcut a turn, try to always keep two wheels on the track.

- Respect the red light at the end of the pitlane.

Application and Interpretation of the Regulations

The admins alone are qualified to solve any problems raised by the application and the interpretation of the present regulations.

Thanks for pointing out your presence/absence in this thread.

ENTRY LIST

Class A
Jan Kowalski
Juha Bos
Sky Willis
Jacob Fredriksson
Oyvind Andersen
Jonatan Acerclinth
Petr Hlavac
Ben Paulet
Matthias Weber

Class B
Richard Coxon
Steve Parker
Ludovic Tiengou
Chris Tarboton
Jan Titz

Free Cars

Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone WEC1984_JollyClub81
#81 Alba-Giannini AR2

Last edited by Richard Coxon on Wed 7 Sep 2016 - 22:17; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016 - 14:50

Make sure you download this version of the track even if you took part in a previous BRDC race here as this new track includes a new anti-cut at the final chicane.

If you have the older version on your install, please delete it before installing the new version.

Last edited by Richard Coxon on Thu 25 Aug 2016 - 15:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016 - 15:15

First i had a "MAS error" with this new version. But solved it with opening the "silv8790nat.scn" file and changing it to the correct searchpath. I had the old Silverstone version before, so perhaps that help for those who had the old track too.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016 - 15:18

You didn't read my reply to you in the other thread then. I said make sure you delete your old version. Glad you fixed it though. :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2016 - 19:10

I am getting an anticut.gmt load to memory error!!!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2016 - 19:33

Raul Jereb wrote:
I am getting an anticut.gmt load to memory error!!!

Delete HAT files too
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2016 - 19:56

What is a HAT files? Probably i have the same problem.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2016 - 20:00

Martin Lacina wrote:
What is a HAT files? Probably i have the same problem.

HAT files are generated when you drive a track, and they are left behind even when you delete a track. They can sometimes cause errors with similarly-named tracks. They are inside the LOG folder I think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2016 - 23:17

Richard Coxon wrote:
You didn't read my reply to you in the other thread then. I said make sure you delete your old version. Glad you fixed it though. :top:

Même problème que Jan, mais je n'avais pas lancienne version.
J'ai résolu en renommant le répertoire "Silverstone87-90 - Stack" en "Silverstone87-90".
Si ça peut aider...

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Sat 27 Aug 2016 - 23:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2016 - 18:53

Yves Plaçais wrote:

Même problème que Jan, mais je n'avais pas l"ancienne version.
J'ai résolu en renommant le répertoire "Silverstone87-90 - Stack" en "Silverstone87-90".
Si ça peut aider...

Thank you Yves, you solved my problem, since I didnt had earlyer track instalations too!!!

Prepare the ship for hyper-jump!!!!!!!!!!!

:yaa:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2016 - 19:31

So you renamed the track folder? By removing the "stack" from the name or did you rename something else?
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2016 - 19:59

Richard Coxon wrote:
So you renamed the track folder? By removing the "stack" from the name or did you rename something else?

yep
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2016 - 23:39

Richard Coxon wrote:

oui comme Raul, juste renommer le répertoire dans /locations
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2016 - 20:07

It helps also for me. Thanks. Is it possible in menu to filter out from the complete list the cars allowed for these races?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2016 - 20:35

Not sure i get you Martin, but no sorry. We cannot filter just these cars as there is so many cars from different areas.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2016 - 21:15

I have re uploaded the track remove the naming issues some people experienced.

Hopefully all is well now :top:
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep 2016 - 18:07

Je n'arrive pas sur le serveur avec la Sauber SHS #95... Quand j'arrive sur le serveur je me retrouve avec une BMW M1 de 1983...

Cependant off-line tout fonctionne bien, la voiture et le circuit...

J'ai pourtant bien installer les patch donnés dans mon dossier Rfactor-GTPC.

Faut-il réinstaller le mod complètement ?

Merci pour votre aide Wink
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep 2016 - 18:39

@Phillipe

Do a offline race and select all opponents, load the race, then quit and see if you can pick the correct car on the server then.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep 2016 - 19:17

I gave it a go now. I never knew about this version of Silverstone. Well, i guess it was a good thing. Tarmac everywhere, stupid chicanes... is this the first creation of the great Herman Tilke? :doh:

The car is not what i'd call a responsive, nice to drive machine. It understeers heavily. Any tips how to make that thing turn, please? I tried even those basic sliders, which made it better, but still, it doesn't feel right, by far. Any help will be appreciated Wink
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep 2016 - 19:21

Scrap the sliders, they don't really help.

Raise the Anti roll bars, increase the steering lock, alter the rear wing too. I'm amazed you have understeer in the Rondeau, it was always oversteer for me. Some other setup Gurus' may be able to help you more
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2016 - 11:59

The Rondeu is it?

Give me 30 minutes and I should have a basic setup for you. I don't like the car but a base setup should be "easy" enough...

Expect a post later on Smile
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2016 - 12:08

The Rondeau 379 is a bundle of joy, until it tries to scratch your eyes out. It won Le Mans in 1980, you know. It is slippery AF, but if you can handle it's slipperiness, it can still be very fast against the more modern opposition. I didn't have the opportunity to do the whole series last year, but I want to improve on it, that's why I chose it for this series too.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2016 - 12:17

For anyone interested, Rondeu M379C setup is now available on the HSO Main Site Setup page, which you can find in this link http://historicsimracing.org/en/list_setup

I hope it's at least an improvement to the base setup.

And I agree with Petr, it was very understeery, it was due to 2 things.

The 1st was that the Coast+Power settings was way off.

The 2nd was that the ARB's was too stiff in the front and too soft in the rear which was causing the car to push at all times...
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2016 - 2:09

I test drove the M382 and the body roll was atrocious! I can only imagine the older Rondeau's are probably worse...
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2016 - 11:59

Jason Fitch wrote:

I test drove the M382 and the body roll was atrocious! I can only imagine the older Rondeau's are probably worse...

I drove that one in the Sebring 3 hour test race we did last year. The 382 is worse in my opinion, and draggier, so it feels much heavier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next