Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)

Go down 
+28
Simon Wattman
David Jaques
François Remmen
Petr Hlavac
Mick Chapman
Alberto Ibañez
Jason Fitch
Richard Wilks
Miroslav Havlík
Didier Conjeaud
Vincent Beretta
Greg Hunt
Gérard Ryon
Raymond Riddall
Martin Lacina
Jan Kowalski
Mike Becnel
Matt Geddes
Jacob Fredriksson
David Sabre
Michael Drechsler
Emmanuel Haas
Raul Jereb
Pascal Mikula
Michal Janak
Jonatan Acerclinth
Dana Schurer
Jason White
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2016 - 7:52

I have a one question. Do somebody use during downshifting and braking by right foot heel or toe of your right foot to rev the engine and stabilize the car? Of course together with the clutch. When i see some videos on youtube of this technique it looks very interesting but very difficult to use. I think i need a lot a lot of training.
Meantime i will use the left foot braking, clutch only when upshifting and no clutch during downshifting with a little blip of the throttle.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2016 - 16:22

Martin Lacina wrote:
I have a one question. Do somebody use during downshifting and braking by right foot heel or toe of your right foot to rev the engine and stabilize the car? Of course together with  the clutch. When i see some videos on youtube of this technique it looks very interesting but very difficult to use. I think i need a lot a lot of training.
Meantime i will use the left foot braking, clutch only when upshifting and no clutch during downshifting with a little blip of the throttle.

I have clutch short time so on downshifts i still brake by left foot and right use for rev engine to stabilize, no clutch atm , clutch i use only for upshift,
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2016 - 16:40

I do that, i use heel and toe.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2016 - 17:50

i use left foot brake and only throttle blip with right foot when downshifting to stabilize my rear. Someone know about time differences (made by rfactor) between using clutch or no clutch? Heel and toe would be more historical but less fast in rFactor i guess?
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2016 - 17:59

I think the same but maybe some top fastest drivers tell us. Maybe we would be suprised.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2016 - 18:04

only 1 day i was on top (Hotlaps) and now 2 secs, where i lost them scratch
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2016 - 19:45

I'll take the #40 McLaren please.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2016 - 19:48

#40 Melchester Racing McLaren for me, please :conduit:

Someone's gotta fill the last spot on the grid :D

Edit: Argh, a couple of seconds too slow...

Edit 2: I'll have the #31, then, please Smile
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2016 - 21:53

Michael Drechsler wrote:
I'll have the #31, then, please Smile

Ok
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jun 2016 - 1:06

For Martin Lacina

excuse poor quality, first atempt to get video by web camera and mix it with AVI ffrom Rfactor and finaly the youtube degradet it once more

it is for show the speed of shifting , video of shifting is from other lap, not the same like RF replay , so there is little time difference

Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun 2016 - 12:35

Can't attend sadly.  Sad

Will be back at Hockenheim!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun 2016 - 13:11

Michal Janak wrote:
For Martin Lacina

excuse poor quality, first atempt to get video by web camera and mix it with AVI ffrom Rfactor and finaly the youtube degradet it once more

it is for show the speed of shifting , video of shifting is from other lap, not the same like RF replay , so there is little time difference

Very nice Michal, only thing is you are using a normal H pattern, but race cars generally have (F1 did back then) a dog-leg pattern with 1st gear left-down. You should try it, makes shifting quicker because you have only once to go in echelon Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun 2016 - 13:21

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

Very nice Michal, only thing is you are using a normal H pattern, but race cars generally have (F1 did back then) a dog-leg pattern with 1st gear left-down. You should try it, makes shifting quicker because you have only once to go in echelon Smile
That depends on Preference as well mate :chinois:

While I know that racecars of the time used DogLeg Gearboxes, and I've tried using it for about 2 months when just driving around having fun, I couldn't get my head around it (probably because my gearbox is mounted far too high at the moment) so for me, going from 4th to 5th in the DogLeg 5 Speed is extremely awkward, I often end up missing the gear because I can't put enough sideways preassure on it to go in cleanly. :doh:

So in my case, I use a "Normal" 5 speed when running in cars with such a gearbox. This is also one of the reasons I struggle with the M26 with it being a 6 speed, that 6th gear is extremely awkward to get in cleanly, have allready blown 3 engines in practice around Brands :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun 2016 - 13:25

Quote :
That depends on Preference as well mate :chinois:

Indeed :top:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun 2016 - 13:40

i found something about dog leg pattern a year ago, haven't time to test it yet, i dont like 6gear cars like Jonathan wrote, i have in memory and hand clasical 5 speed from regular cars ad from may years on computer sims with my Shifter, so it is hard to switch brain to use something different Very Happy

and finaly i can count only to 5 :D
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun 2016 - 18:16

:conduit: :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun 2016 - 18:50

[quote="Alberto Ibañez"]
Michal Janak wrote:
For Martin Lacina
You should try it, makes shifting quicker because you have only once to go in echelon Smile

Nice tip Alberto. Thanks i will try it.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun 2016 - 19:22

Although it's really important for me and Brands is one of my all time favorites, I can't confirm i'll make it on Sunday. We're going to Nurnberg for the weekend (some 500km drive) and i don't know when we'll get back. On one hand, i think it would be fair to offer my Williams to other people, it would be a shame to leave such a nice car sidelined. On the other hand, i want to be behind the wheel if there's even the slightest chance i'll make it. I guess i'll know some 3 hours before the start... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jun 2016 - 22:20

Ok, so I'm having wheel issues, I think it's actually a pedals issue. I'm going to try to get it straightened out. I'll let you guys know Saturday night or early Sunday morning if I can't.

BTW: for those wondering, after Indy, whenever I plug my wheel in, it goes through the calibration and everything and it all feels ok. But as soon as I start up rFactor, or even bring up the controller settings in the Control Panel, the wheel resets itself, goes through the motions again and there is no force feedback at all, the wheel is free spinning, also the pedals aren't registering.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2016 - 0:08

absent
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2016 - 3:23

present :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2016 - 8:56

Quote :
after Indy, whenever I plug my wheel in, it goes through the calibration and everything and it all feels ok

You must have smashed the wall really hard at Indy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Simon Wattman
Experienced Driver
Simon Wattman

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2016 - 13:55

#11 :conduit: Smile
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2016 - 14:10

Simon Wattman wrote:
#11 :conduit: Smile

Ok
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2016 - 15:17

Team ATS (David Sabre and I for this weekend) have realized the importance of a solid life insurance plan given the ATS' innate ability to spin under any and all acceleration and hard barking situations. If anyone wants to get in on a group discount let us know.

Note ATS stands for Automatically Timed Spinouts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next