Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)

Go down 
+25
Philippe Martinelli
François Remmen
Gérard Ryon
David Jaques
Florkin Marc
Raymond Riddall
Jonatan Acerclinth
Alberto Ibañez
Dave Simmons
Richard Wilks
Matthias Weber
Glenn Corliss
Jason Fitch
Dylan Canton
Michael Drechsler
Pascal Mikula
Raul Jereb
James Knowles
Mike Becnel
Dana Schurer
Yves Plaçais
Jacob Fredriksson
Jan Kowalski
Richard Coxon
Jason White
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)   Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2016 - 21:26

The De Cadenet is ideally suited to the Mainz track, it has a short wheel base which helps it turn, plus it has the Cosworth engine which helps it pull out of the corners.
Back to top Go down
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)   Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2016 - 21:32

Dana Schurer wrote:
Dave Simmons wrote:
ps Dana's De Cadenet-Cosworth was surprisingly quick for a junior car and i struggled to get past.. zippy little thing Razz
I think I have a BOP adjustment coming after the De Cadanet's performance today. :hihi:

Apologies for the misunderstanding at T3, by the way. I thought you were going to make an inside lunge and went wide to let you through. Hope the spin didn't hurt your race too much.

Nah it was fine Smile

I was going to wait until after the chicane then saw you stay left and was in two minds and snatched a brake Razz

Sorry Pascal if you span because of me, i haven't checked the reply but if there was contact it was 110% unintentional. If i thought i had hit you i would have waited.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)   Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2016 - 21:56

That was actually a pretty fun race, and after all, a finish! Woohoo!

Still had the problem of getting things together in that deciding lap, there was at least half a second still hiddenin qualifying. Not that it would have made much of a difference, just saying. Just looking at Dana's time, I knew staying in front of all C2s would need a near perfect ride.

Well, that wasn't to be. Off went the field, and right after the green flag, I saw a bonnet flying through the air, I moved to the right to avoid the melee in front of me and went right into it. Had to zig-zag my way through, but came through unscathed, just in pretty much last position. I could quickly reclaim a couple of them, but then, I lap 5 I missed my braking point at the end of the main straight and had a little nudge with the barrier. Nothing of importance was damaged, besides my ego, but I was just back where I came from. So I fought off that pesky Martini-Lancia again, went by that couple of Lolas, chased down the green Alba, had a bit of fun with the later, until we got visitors from behind lapping us, where it apparently got lost somehow, and an intensly smoking red URD was in the mix too, somewhere. From about lap 25 on, I had settled in 8th position and was chasing Jan Titz, but shortly lost my rear braking at the end of the backstraight, added two more horrid laps to that, and away was he, about 18 seconds. I was a little faster than Jan, but I always had to ease off to give my front tires a rest, or I started losing time with understeer, so I lost a lot of it again. Then he had some incident at the end of the main straight and I could get within 5 seconds or so, but trying to get closer, I got distracted for a moment and hit one of the Lolas at the righthander after the pit exit (once again, my sincere apologies!), and the gap rose to 8 seconds again. Some traffic didn't help either (and I think, I drove a couple of crazy lines while being lapped), but I could gain a little again. At the end, I was under 5 seconds, but hardly able to get any closer. Mainz-Finthen is simply not the most suitable track for the EMKA. I felt pretty good on the brakes, acceleration and the first two, relatively smooth corners, but from there, it was difficult to persuade the car to turn into the desired direction. But well, could have been worse.

Great racing, guys, congrats to the podium and all finishers. See you in Nuremberg Smile
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)   Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2016 - 21:57

Pascal Mikula wrote:
nice fighting from Raul and Jan, I was kinda sad to see Raul spin in the last lap, what a sad way to end a fight, but still congratulations to 2nd :second: and congratulations to Jan for the win! :first:

Ah, my tyres were cooked, and Jan was far gone by before that spin, it was a mistake becose of too much engine noise around me, acctualy, same thing happend in T1 Avus. Jan was uncatchable to me, and there was no any particular fighting too... I drove very conservative, trying to save as much tyres as possible. If I had few seconds more in my pocket whe Jan left pits, maybe I could have hold my position...
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)   Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2016 - 22:02

My apologies to  Raymond Riddall :hello:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)   Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2016 - 23:31

Results and points are up   :flag:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)   Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 May 2016 - 7:39

:clap:  thanks for the nice race. It was very tough with the Lancia. At the start of the pace lap, my right rear suspension was cracked from a car on row 2, so it was a very bad beginning. I dont know why everyone cant calm down at start or just watch their spinning tyres, particulary if we go for a pace lap and not a standing start :smil20:
I never started on row 1 at these kind of races, so at the flying start i just watched Raul, and we went to the line on green. I stayed in front, and made some good lap times in the beginning and was 18s in front near the mid of the races. Then my left rear tyre went red, and i had big problems to control the car with a broken suspension on the right. Moreover my PC/internet was starting to freeze the game a little bit and i was lapping some cars at that time. So i lost 8s in 2 or 3 laps to Raul, and decided to make a pit stop for new tyres and a clear track. I came out of pits with 10s behind Raul and 10 laps to go. The first two laps the tyres were cold, so i missed some apex. Then i managed to decrease the gap, so we were within one second with 2 or 3 laps to go. Finally i could make the move in turn 1, where i was confident with the car. Happy with the first win :first: at DRM, espcially after the retirement at Avus when i was second right behind Mike.
Grats to Raul who kept me busy all the time. Hopefully you can achieve the same with the Brabham next time :cowboy2:  Would be cool.

btw: Is it normal/allowed that many car engines are smoking during race? As i met these cars on track, i really cant saw corner entrys and my grafics card went wild. It was difficult on this short track. Perhaps someone know how to reduce smoke detail?

Grats to podium and all finishers :hello: And of course great coverage :top: 17 cars on grid were really good after that busy day with all races (Monaco, Indy, 24h).

Last edited by Jan Kowalski on Mon 30 May 2016 - 8:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)   Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 May 2016 - 7:58

I just watch the race, as allways, Richard and Jason, my respect!
Great coverage!
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)   Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 May 2016 - 14:42

first, ive only tested a couple cars, but so far the physics changes seem to be great across the board! thank you for all the hard work!

2nd, what happened on the start? the car infront of me seemed to take off on the pace lap and i think contacted jan, then on the start never went/slowed on green? i know i got lucky with the minimal damage, a real shame for jonathan tho.

Pascal Mikula wrote:

I'm more or less upset about the way David Jaques and Dave Simmons made their way past me, good fighting against Dave, but David almost pushed me out of the circuit and in the end, Dave made me spin. Most likely not on purpose, but I was upset about that.
Anyways, really nice race and I hope I didn't piss anyone off with my driving.

completely shocked by this comment. i was ready to just follow my team car, but when i got up to you, you went wide in the chicane and i passed while you were off track. following you made some very aggressive late attempts to pass me back (one after you went wide and through the cones, not sure why you would still attempt a pass on someone from off the track?). the last attempt you tried on me into turn 1 i left a car width at the apex but you were on such a shallow angle i knew it wouldnt work if you left me room too. is this what you are calling "almost pushed me out"?

your car was sideways thru the chicane and you recovered to the inside, simmons was on the normal racing line and completely passed you before the braking for the next corner. you braked very late and got back along side simmons, but your car looked to be sliding sideways well before apex. simmons' turn in looked to be leaving a car width to the inside for you, were you even attempting to leave room for the car beside you going through that corner?

we all take time out of our schedules to race here, i feel the vast majority race with class and respect, and make careful calculated moves so everyone can race to the finish line. im all for aggression, but it has to be measured.

can we get an admin to review these laps? (laps 41, 42, 43) no protests or penalties, just a discussion to how we want the races on hso to be.

Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)   Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 May 2016 - 14:47

David Jaques wrote:

Pascal Mikula wrote:

I'm more or less upset about the way David Jaques and Dave Simmons made their way past me, good fighting against Dave, but David almost pushed me out of the circuit and in the end, Dave made me spin. Most likely not on purpose, but I was upset about that.
Anyways, really nice race and I hope I didn't piss anyone off with my driving.

completely shocked by this comment.  i was ready to just follow my team car, but when i got up to you, you went wide in the chicane and i passed while you were off track.  following you made some very aggressive late attempts to pass me back (one after you went wide and through the cones, not sure why you would still attempt a pass on someone from off the track?).  the last attempt you tried on me into turn 1 i left a car width at the apex but you were on such a shallow angle i knew it wouldnt work if you left me room too.   is this what you are calling "almost pushed me out"?

your car was sideways thru the chicane and you recovered to the inside, simmons was on the normal racing line and completely passed you before the braking for the next corner.  you braked very late and got back along side simmons, but your car looked to be sliding sideways well before apex.  simmons' turn in looked to be leaving a car width to the inside for you, were you even attempting to leave room for the car beside you going through that corner?  

we all take time out of our schedules to race here, i feel the vast majority race with class and respect, and make careful calculated moves so everyone can race to the finish line.  im all for aggression, but it has to be measured.  

can we get an admin to review these laps? (laps 41, 42, 43)  no protests or penalties, just a discussion to how we want the races on hso to be.

Sorry David, I seem to have said what I meant in a really wrong way. I didn't mean that you pushed me off the track, I rather mean that you put so much pressure on me that I threw my car away by myself. Of course I then tried to come back because obviously I lost a potential podium finish at that point. But I later realized that I couldn't do anything against that, not with my tires and after I accidentally crashed into Jan Titz a few laps later after I tried to lap him, he probably didn't realize that and my brakes locked up and spun my car around, I just switched to soft tires and finished the race.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)   Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2016 - 11:15

Never had 1 hour pasd by this quick!

Great fighting with Raymond and Pascal L, real challenge fighting a almost identical car and one that was faster on the straights, and ofcourse the damn smokescreen

I'm not sure what happened to Ray since i heard a crash in the chicane and suddenly he was gone out of my mirror

And about the Stream, i did not check my tempertures once the whole race.... To busy pushing to find the oppertunity to pass Pascal, which may have been a bit opertunistic dive

Sorry for everyone who i may have held up when lapping

Looking forward to the next race!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)   Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Mainz-Finthen (May 29th)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4