Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Working on any rfactor2 MOD?

Go down 
+3
Richard Coxon
Ben Paulet
Damian Baldi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2013-04-24

Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Empty
PostSubject: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2014 - 16:14

How are you guys?

Are you working on a rf2 MOD? Or are you testing any of the new MODs available?
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2014 - 18:57

We are fine, thank you. The summer break was welcome.  :D 
No work about rf2 mod, and no testing new mod too.
Just dl the last update of rf2, with the new .exe in 64bits. It seems increase the framerate on my PC, but I didn't make test with care and precision.  :frank: 
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2014 - 21:55

I'm trying rf2 more than before, because I upgraded my PC to windows7 and bought a new video card.

Last build 789 really helps with video performance. For ATI users driver's version 14.4 is a real improvement in video performance.

You have to try F1 1992, it's a really fun MOD to drive, but it still need work because cars brakes too much.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2014 - 23:08

I'll update my drivers then. I run with the 12.1. But with my old card, I don't think for a large improvement.  :frank: 
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2014 - 23:13

Ben Paulet wrote:
I'll update my drivers then. I run with the 12.1. But with my old card, I don't think for a large improvement.  :frank: 

I had an ATI HD5850 and with the drivers 14.4 rf2 run ok with low details, enough fps to feel the car's reaction. It doesn't look as good as it could be, but the fun was still there.

RF2 is all about the tires, so car's reaction is the most important thing. Later you can add detail and beauty.

64 bits really helps with performance too.

Try the Lola T280, the F1 1992 (needs work reducing brake power) and the Mazda 787B (need work about low speed grip).

Working on any rfactor2 MOD? 10528365_10204478666192639_4056137287843920006_o

Working on any rfactor2 MOD? 10506598_10204513827071639_1315144993232468507_o
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 0:02

Looks great, but last time I tried rfactor2 my computer cried like a little girl and begged for forgiveness.  lol!

Need to upgrade my graphics card I believe.
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 0:18

Been looking around for that F1 1992 mod, can only find a one car demo? Looks v. nice
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 0:35

Alessio Campigotto wrote:
Been looking around for that F1 1992 mod, can only find a one car demo? Looks v. nice

All cars are ready in version 1.7

In september there will be physics changes to avoid the actual brutal brake power. But the rest of the physics are very very very enjoyable and fun, specially the low speed grip.

You can download all the cars from here:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/20883-F1ASR92-by-F1-ASR-Modding-Team-%28car-by-car%29
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 0:43

About the Mazda 787B, it is part of a group-c MOD, but at the moment it's the only car available in version beta 3. It's supposed there will be a new release soon including Sauber C11 and Porsche 962.

The Mazda is really nice to drive, the sound create ambient and the car feels at home at Le Mans or Sebring (not at small tracks). The only problem with this car, is that you lose the rear at very low speed without reason. They promised to fix it on new release.

You can download the Mazda from here
http://forum.mak-corp.com.au/forumdisplay.php?24-Group-C

IMPORTANT: If you try this car, set the FFB parameters into rf2 from 1.00 to 0.08 !!! or it will break your arms.

I'm working to bring some information to the developers (Mak Corp). I will meet with Oscar Larrauri (former Porsche 962 driver) this month in his house to talk about the car.
Back to top Go down
William Néron
Rookie
William Néron

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 2:13

The F1 1992 is really fun to drive. Would race in a serie anytime! (Except week days  :D )
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 8:25

Damian Baldi wrote:

All cars are ready in version 1.7

In september there will be physics changes to avoid the actual brutal brake power. But the rest of the physics are very very very enjoyable and fun, specially the low speed grip.

You can download all the cars from here:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/20883-F1ASR92-by-F1-ASR-Modding-Team-%28car-by-car%29

Very nice, looks like a conversion of the F1SR mod by Alesanchez? Shame it's an LE mod but still enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 8:47

Damian Baldi wrote:
How are you guys?

I'm working on a rF2 mod. I'm unsure if it will ever get to the finished (release) stage, rF2 fights you all the way.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 10:05

Damian Baldi wrote:

I'm working to bring some information to the developers (Mak Corp). I will meet with Oscar Larrauri (former Porsche 962 driver) this month in his house to talk about the car.

Wow! If you do meet him please let us know how it went, I'm sure it would be a very interesting conversation!
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 13:32

Richard Coxon wrote:
Damian Baldi wrote:

Wow! If you do meet him please let us know how it went, I'm sure it would be a very interesting conversation!

I contacted him through facebook and he acceded to meet me. We will meet next saturday 30 (I have to travel 300km). I think retired drivers (if they are not too busy) would like to be asked about technical data and driving style. It is a kind of recognising to them.

Oscar drove group-c cars for near ten years, but everybody always ask him about the 2 or 3 races he drove for Brun in F1. So I think he would like to talk about group-c era.

Some months ago, some friends made contact with Carlos Reutemann to talk about formula 1 cars with very technical data, and he liked that kind of interview and started to talk about very interesting things. He received them at the congress! (he is a senator right now)

Last edited by Damian Baldi on Wed 20 Aug 2014 - 13:44; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 13:36

David Sabre wrote:
Damian Baldi wrote:
How are you guys?

I'm working on a rF2 mod. I'm unsure if it will ever get to the finished (release) stage, rF2 fights you all the way.

Is rf2 modding more difficult than rf1? There is a lack of good MODs in rf2, just separated cars, nothing to run a league. That's why I hope that that group-c mod be released.
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 13:38

Very nice, looks like a conversion of the F1SR mod by Alesanchez? Shame it's an LE mod but still enjoyable.

There are plans to release an historic version later, but first they will release a 1991 LE version.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 14:18

Damian Baldi wrote:
David Sabre wrote:
Damian Baldi wrote:
How are you guys?

Is rf2 modding more difficult than rf1?
rF2 is not more difficult than rF1 its just that in rF2 it is more painful to test changes. You can run your mod in devmode but devmode does not use the same features (tracks, shaders etc) that the game does. To test any changes you therefore need to package everything up and run in game mode. Also for things like the driver animation you need to use 3dsmax, all of the isi tools are for 3dsmax only. The engine model is different, and the tyre model requires a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 14:45

David Sabre wrote:
Damian Baldi wrote:
David Sabre wrote:
Damian Baldi wrote:
How are you guys?

rF2 is not more difficult than rF1 its just that in rF2 it is more painful to test changes. You can run your mod in devmode but devmode does not use the same features (tracks, shaders etc) that the game does. To test any changes you therefore need to package everything up and run in game mode. Also for things like the driver animation you need to use 3dsmax, all of the isi tools are for 3dsmax only. The engine model is different, and the tyre model requires a lot of work.

hmmm I think that's why mod's developers bring so many mods in beta state to the public. I don't know why ISI use some things so old.

3dmax is from GPL era right?
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 14:54

Damian Baldi wrote:
David Sabre wrote:
Damian Baldi wrote:
David Sabre wrote:
Damian Baldi wrote:
How are you guys?

hmmm I think that's why mod's developers bring so many mods in beta state to the public. I don't know why ISI use some things so old.

3dmax is from GPL era right?
I do not think that anything is old. All new game software.

3DSMAX is a modeling package. ISI tools are for 3dsmax 2010 although I think that they work on later versions.
http://store.autodesk.co.uk/store/adsk/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.25705700/productID.297239200?mktvar002=afc_wwm_emea_gb_nc_3dsmax2015
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 21:14

If you like cars from the 60s, somebody made a Matra MS11 based on the EVE car.  The engine is new and the aesthetics of the car.

Check it out
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/20425-EVE-Matra-F1
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2014 - 18:43

David Sabre wrote:

3DSMAX is a modeling package. ISI tools are for 3dsmax 2010 although I think that they work on later versions.
http://store.autodesk.co.uk/store/adsk/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.25705700/productID.297239200?mktvar002=afc_wwm_emea_gb_nc_3dsmax2015
Caution, ISI tools are working for 3dsmax 2010 in 32 bits only.
But it seems to me I saw that the tools can run on 3ds max 2012 via tweaking, but always limited to the 32 bits version. :frank: 
P.S : I think you can find a cheaper version of 3DS max on the web.  :jp: 
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeFri 22 Aug 2014 - 11:46

Development of the F1 1992 mod has been suspended because of this Sad http://www.bsimracing.com/fia-sends-out-cease-and-desist-letter-to-modding-teams/
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitimeMon 1 Dec 2014 - 20:26

For those interested in F1 1992, Legends League will be doing some races before the end of the year with the idea of a session later.

http://legends-league.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working on any rfactor2 MOD?   Working on any rfactor2 MOD? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working on any rfactor2 MOD?
Page 1 of 1