1976 SOUTH AFRICAN DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIPHSO 1976 Formula Atlantic Mod
The championship will use the cars of the HSO 1976 Formula Atlantic mod for rFactor and our new 1976 South African skinpack. The skinpack consists of 13 additional cars, all of them from the 1976 SA series. All the SA skins were painted by Eric Daon and Joao Marcon Lopes
.--> DOWNLOAD MOD <--
--> DOWNLOAD SKINPACK <--Car Selection
Car choice is free but a driver must keep the same car for the duration of the championship. Changing of car during the championship will be tolerated under exceptional circumstances only.
In the event of a driver announcing his absence to a given race, his car will not be made available for another driver.
A driver having missed two consecutive races without any notification on the forum will have his car made avalaible for another driver.Championship Rules
The championship will be run over 10 meetings, each hosting a race of around 45 minutes long, preceded by a one-hour qualifying session.Event Schedule
All meetings will be held on Wednesday nights
(all times given as CET).
20:00 – Qualifying
21:00 – Drivers’ briefing and reconnaissance laps
21:10 - Race start
Race server password : hso76
Starts will be given standing on the grid, after one formation lap.Training Server
A training server running on the next scheduled track will be online permanently. Password : hso76Points System
Points are awarded to the first six classified drivers on the following scale : 9-6-4-3-2-1
Only drivers having completed 90% of the distance covered by the race winner will be classified, whether they finished the race or not.
All results will be counted at the end of the series. Two drivers tied in final points will be split by the quality of their race finishing positions.
There will be no Manufacturers’ or Teams’ Championships.Race Start Procedure--> Reconnaissance Laps <--Behaviour on track
A few behaviour rules :
- as for all HSO races, it is required you use your real name both in-game and on the forum. Thank you.
- Chatting is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
in race session. It is allowed in qualifying sessions for technical issues only.
- Drive Through : If a driver has to do a drive through, even if there is no pit lane speed limit, he has to drive through the pitlane at 100km/h max (60mph). If he doesn't respect this, he will get a 30s penalty at the end of the race.
- Shortcuts : If a driver gains a position after shortcutting a turn, he is required to give it back as soon as possible. In the case where a driver would not do it rapidly, a 30-second penalty will be added to his total race time. In the event of abusive and intentional shortcutting, severe sanctions will be applied (up to definitive a ban from the league). To make sure you never shortcut a turn, try to always keep two wheels on the track.
- Respect the red light at the end of the pitlane.Application and Interpretation of the Regulations
The admins alone are qualified to solve any problems raised by the application and the interpretation of the present regulations.