Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mountjoy
Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-02-08

[rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run Empty
PostSubject: [rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run   [rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jul 2013 - 15:29

I hope this is ok to post here, and I understand that there is a fantastic race at Surfers Paradise the same night, but I did not want to exclude our friends here at HSO from this fun event at SimJunkies.org.  So if Surfers Paradise is not your cup of tea, feel free to join us this Sunday!

[rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run MGalleryItem

Three years ago, we lost a good friend and sim racer, Scott Covell, when he crashed his experimental aircraft on takeoff, May 29th, 2010.  What made it doubly tragic, was that his Mother was also on board.  On takeoff, he lost power due to a fuel leak, he attempted to land in a nearby field, but when he hit the ground, the plane burst into flames killing them both instantly.  The plane had been grounded for several months, needing parts for the fuel system.  He had just had it repaired, due to my insistence that he get the plane flying again.
Scott and I had so much in common.  Of course, we both loved to fly and loved planes.  I had a similar incident in a Citabria once, but it was on landing approach, and I was able to land 'er safely.  The year before, I lost another flying buddy, when he crashed his Cessna into a mountain, during a bad storm, trying to get home from a trip.  But Scott's plane was a beauty, and nothing like you might think an experimental aircraft should look.

I worked an airshow last weekend, and was luck enough to fly in a couple of planes, one the exact same model as Scott's.  What a dream to fly!  Pictures of the airshow in the next couple o' days, here!!

RV-4

Another RV-4

Shall we go Racing?

This is the cockpit on a plane like Scott's

I actually got to fly this one!

Scott, I'm sure will be looking down on us, to make sure we are not cutting corners, or punting our fellow racer's off the track, on the 21st.  So please join us to pay tribute.

Last year's race was a stone cold blast, and this year should be no different!!

This Fun Run Is For Everyone, Including HSO, So Invite All Your Friends, Even If They Are Not SimJunkies

Sim:  rFactor

Mod: BMW 320 E21's V 1.0
Update: BMW 320 E21's V1.01

Track: Seven Hills

Sunday, July 21st, 2013

Practice: 2 Hours Before Race

Qualifying @ 18:45 GMT: 10 minutes, with 5 Minute Warmup

Race @ 19:00 GMT (give me input on this if the time does not work for you, as I will adjust if needed)

Length: Two (or more!), approx. 18 Minute Races, Laps TBD

Rules: fuel normal, tires normal, black flag only, auto clutch on, tc low. Damage 50%

Setups will be available for all

LIVE TIMING & HotLaps HERE

Server Name:  SimJunkies Memorial
Password: simjunkies

Please join us on Teamspeak as well, even if you don't have a mic.
Get Teamspeak 3 Here.
SJ Teamspeak Info HERE
Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom Mountjoy
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: [rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run   [rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jul 2013 - 18:04

This is today!  :banane:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: [rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run   [rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jul 2013 - 20:21

I'm saddened to hear of your loss but I hope that the event was a lot of fun and a worthy memorial for Scott.

If you have an event like this next year I will certainly come and pay tribute to Scott.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mountjoy
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: [rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run   [rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2013 - 16:21

Thanks Jonatan! We look forward to having you next year!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run   [rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[rF] SimJunkies Memorial Fun Run
Page 1 of 1