Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Announcement regarding Mr Arisi

Go down 
+26
Frank Labédan
David Jundt
Oscar Hardwick
Peter Blom
Pierre Closset
Jason White
Richard Coxon
Raynald Tortay
Franck Mercurio
Philippe Martinelli
Abat Hernaez
Patrick Marucco
Ben Paulet
Carl Larrad
Ben Warren
Antoine de Mautor
Jukka Närhi
Mike Becnel
Cyril Derkir
Laurent Binet
Yves Plaçais
Frank Verplanken
Karel Marciniszyn
Alberto Ibañez
Tiago Malafaya
Guillaume Siebert
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Empty
PostSubject: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb 2013 - 22:10

For several months now we (HSO admins) have had increasing suspicions that Lorenzo Arisi and Carlo Pozzi were the one and same person. Over time, a number of facts have come to our attention, which, put together, have eventually convinced us that these two names undoubtedly hide the same individual. Before going into more details we wish to state that going through the process of doing such 'police' work, investigating on one of our members and so on, is clearly not something we enjoy to do, if only for the wasted hours of our lives it represents. Retrospectively, we probably were too naive in the first place, as looking at the facts now we maybe could have, and should have, unmasked the superchery much sooner. We just didn't want to believe it I guess.

This might sound a little over-dramatic to some of you, so we'll try and expose the motives and implications of Carlorenzo's actions, as well as what it meant to us both as admins and as persons.

It is our belief that Carlo Pozzi deliberately chose, in the 2011-12 off-season, to register at HSO a player named Lorenzo Arisi which he had created. Carlo had done two full seasons of racing at HSO, 2010 and 2011. While we always recognised his great abilities as a driver, we right from the start had problems with his behavior on track - too aggressive, focusing too much on winning whatever the cost in terms of style for himself and of fun for his opponents. After some talking, warnings and explaining, we were happy to see that his on-track mentality evolved towards the more gentlemanly manners we cherish and promote. However off-track we always were saddened to see that Carlo constantly chose the best car made available to him for his HSO races, putting himself in many instances in a position to just atomise the field and score an unchallenged, undisputed, unclassy victory. Therefore, it was public knowledge that for the 2012 season we were going to be more strict about it and prevent him from having too good cars. The aim was not to throw him to the back of the grid but just to, as much as possible, only give him cars which would make him fight for his wins against slower drivers with a better car than his, rather than see him kill the interest of many championships and races by doing solitary runs up front.

Thus we firmly believe that Carlo, to avoid this, created the Lorenzo identity to act as a total newcomer who could thus be allowed to book the best cars for the championships (as we couldn't judge of his level beforehand), and most probably also to buy himself a new virginity in terms of reputation. Under the Lorenzo alias, he posted as if he was a total newcomer to the league, a truly disrespectful gesture playing all of us, admins and fellow members, for suckers.

The sporting consequences of such a behavior are perfectly illustrated by the DRT portion of last year’s DRM series. Had we known that Lorenzo was Carlo we would never had allowed him to book a Group 4 car. Carlo in this almost-spec class of cars opposed to a field of mostly non-alien drivers was certain to walk away with every single races and the championship. And this is exactly what happened with his Lorenzo identity – for the sake of his ridiculously selfish thirst of race wins Carlorenzo prevented the likes of Philippe Martinelli, Carl Larrad or Alberto Ibanez (all long time members and active contributors to the life and projects of the league) to battle it for the title all year long. Giving a chance to win races and championships to the widest possible range of drivers is one of our most precious aims, so thinking of all the great and thrilling moments that were denied to many drivers because of one’s childish and disrespectful behavior is something that deeply saddens us and can hardly be forgiven, let alone left unsanctionned.

We therefore took the following decisions :

- Carlorenzo is not banned from the league, provided he complies to the present decisions;

- Lorenzo Arisi must revert to the Carlo Pozzi identity both on the forum and in his simracing profiles;

- All his cars for the present season are taken away from him and made available for another driver. The conditions of his return will be dealt differently in each series.

- The 2012 DRT results will be modified, with Lorenzo Arisi deleted from all race results and the championship standings edited accordingly;

- All of the 2012 race results and championship standings other than the DRT will be edited to replace the Lorenzo Arisi name by the Carlo Pozzi one. This represents many hours of work, hours which you can be sure we will not take on our private life time but on the already huge amount of hours we put into the running and bettering of HSO.
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb 2013 - 22:26

To be honest... I'm not that surprised... maybe a bit... not too much Neutral
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb 2013 - 22:47

Crying or Very sad

While I recognize the ultimate desire to win at all costs as the mark of a champion, it certainly isn't the mark of a gentleman. I'm truly sad for this because, aside from track behaviour, Carlo/Lorenzo was always a friendly person in the forums and chats, at least to me.

The admins of the web have done instead what I believe is a true display of class and gentlemany act, by allowing him to stay among us and proof that he is a winner even when handicapped by slower cars. I just want to say that my belief and hope is that Carlo/Lorenzo can be also at that level of gentlemanship. Even if wiped away by him in last year's series, as Guillaume noted, I have absolutely no hard feelings for him and my hand is open for him to take it.

Apologizes if I shouldn't have commented, but being mentioned directly in the admin's thread I felt compelled to do so.

Thanks to HSO admins :chinois: this has been another confirmation that this web is so much more than a simple simracing league.

Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb 2013 - 22:51

This is way way way too stupid for me to understand...why the hell someone do this? I am here for fun and enjoy company of people with same hobby...not for "gold shorts"...no matter if i am even able to think about winning the race I am always happy to be on grid and tri to have some nice battles...
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb 2013 - 22:54

I share parts of Alberto's and Karel's thoughts:

Quote :
Thanks to HSO admins :chinois: this has been another confirmation that this web is so much more than a simple simracing league.

Quote :
This is way way way too stupid for me to understand...why the hell someone do this?
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb 2013 - 23:01

Thanks for the kind words Alberto :chinois: :drink:

I share your feelings as well Karel and Tiago... Even more surprising is the fact that people with such a burning competitive spirit should be able to find plenty of leagues where this mentality is welcomed and even encouraged. So why do it at HSO ?
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb 2013 - 23:08

Frank Verplanken wrote:
So why do it at HSO ?

That's the big mistery for me.... Here I never found victories to be an important goal.... Childish is a word that crosses my mind a lot :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb 2013 - 23:28

Décisions judicieuses, HSO admins :top:

Sages paroles, Alberto, respect ! :chinois:

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Fri 1 Feb 2013 - 23:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laurent Binet
Pro Driver
Laurent Binet

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb 2013 - 23:42

wow, man this is just a game after all ... it's a bit sad. Got one question though, what does he have to say about that ? Did he admit switching identities ?
Back to top Go down
http://zadvocate.com
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb 2013 - 23:47

Laurent Binet wrote:
Did he admit switching identities ?

This remains to be seen ...

We already caught another member trying to use two identities in the past. We offered him to come clean on the forum or to never be allowed to race here again. He never answered.
Internet ... :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Laurent Binet
Pro Driver
Laurent Binet

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 0:03

well i guess that if all this is true, admitting it is the 1st step to absolution Smile
Back to top Go down
http://zadvocate.com
Cyril Derkir
Experienced Driver
Cyril Derkir

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2012-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 0:49

ceci ressemble à de la triche
en cyclisme la triche la plus courante(le dopage)est puni de 2 ans de suspention.
ok là ce n'est qu'un jeu mais ayant déja un peu honte de profiter de cette belle organisation avec des gens qui s'insvestissent sans apporter moi meme ma contribution; je suis déçu d'entendre ce genre de comportement .
je vous suis et vous soutient moralement dans votre décision
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 2:16

Well he is still the same driver on the track regardless of name. I am not familiar in person with the history mentioned by Gui, that is unfortunate. He is by far the best lapper who has blown by my slow ass skirt wearing self (usually 3+ times...damnit!) I hope he will stick around and suck up some seriously frequent Calorenzo jokes.

Lorenzo has helped me many times. He was the 1st to help me in my 1st race here in the WS70 race at Hockenheim. I was dead slow (as in if that me and today me raced I would lap myself twice...and that is SLOW). Lorenzo showed me his setup and answered my questions on how the game translates certain changes. I think I took off 5 seconds per lap in less than 10 minutes of practice. Made my whole day and solidified my enjoyment of HSO even as a back marker. I wish I was faster but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 6:41

The lengths someone actually goes to win... Rolling Eyes Idiotic, dishonest, low.

- Frank Verplanken

edit: SHIT!!
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 9:12

Well I have to admit, after all these years : I invented myself a dual indentity as well... Neutral

Frank Verplanken does not exist, I invented him so as to look classy on the forums and tracks, because in real life I'm not that cool Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Ben Warren
Club Driver
Ben Warren

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 9:14

Have to say a well done to the admins for spotting this, and also taking appropriate, but not too harsh action too. :clap:
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitter.com/WarroF1
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 9:39

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
Well I have to admit, after all these years : I invented myself a dual indentity as well... Neutral

Frank Verplanken does not exist, I invented him so as to look classy on the forums and tracks, because in real life I'm not that cool Crying or Very sad
You bastard! You stole my identity!

- Frank
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 9:43

Petite info (et tout à fait secondaire par rapport au coup bas porté à HSO), un détail que vous connaissez sûrement, un rappel donc :

Carlo (Charles) Pozzi était, après avoir été un pilote émérite, l'importateur de Ferrari en France dans les années 70, notamment des fabuleuses 365GTB4 et BB512 (Andruet - Ballot-Léna !) lors de la glorieuse époque Matra.
Announcement regarding Mr Arisi ?c=isi&im=%2F1264%2F76411264%2Fpics%2F3125304603_2_7_tB8Nxcha

Lorenzo Arisi ne serait-il donc pas son vrai patronyme ?

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 12:38; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 9:50

OMG just imagine that he is in real life a 72 year old grandma and has been blowing us all away Laughing

But seriously, both Carlo Pozzi and Lorenzo Arisi are relatively common names, there are young people at facebook with them ...
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 11:16

Well i must say i am not 100% surprised i suspected this very early on in Lorenzo's HSO sim racing career along
with a few other sim racers on here we laughed and joked about Lorenzo being the brother of Carlo . :hihi:

I Kept thinking what if Carlo comes back one day and him and Lorenzo pair up in a team they would be formidable
but i guess that's never going to happen now ... Sad

Lorenzo was instantly fast it was all a little wierd how Carlo just dissapeared of the face of the earth and then all of a sudden we get this New Alien called Lorenzo also from Italy we often discussed it but we did not push it .. :aie:

Carlo proved he was a great racer yes he was forceful in his driving but always got results as can be proved in his list of stats
i remember when Lorenzo 1st came to HSO and he was instantly fast i asked him about a setup and he lied to me and said he was no good at making setups .... Unlike Carlo who was very good at creating them and always willing to share his setup...

What i don't understand is Why did he lie about his name in the 1st place its quite clear in HSO Rules you must use your Real Name so why Carlo Pozzi and not Carlo Arisi or Lorenzo Pozzi ... So can i take it that Carlo Pozzi does not actually excist either ... Now we know his real name will you be changing his name on the list of stats ...

One thing i can say about Mr Lorenzo ,he has become an even better racer than Carlo and had Lorenzo been able to continue under this alias he would surely one day have beaten Carlos Records , maybe he has grown up a little
and seen the error of his ways the Lorenzo we see today seems more of a Gentleman and as far as i can see is not so aggressive on the track so he has come back a much better person and simracer ......

To analize it all i would have to say i have no problem racing with Lorenzo/Carlo/Arisi/Pozzi ...whoever he is ...
My message to Lorenzo " Please come clean Lorenzo "
You will be the butt of some of the jokes for awhile but it will prove that you are a better man Smile

And just Remember the saying " You can forgive a thief but you cannot forgive a liar " ... :papy:

Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 11:19

lol! lol! Jukka and Antoine lol! lol!

Yves - oui je m'étais demandé quand il s'était inscrit début 2010 si c'était un pseudo/tribute. Si tel était le cas ce n'est pas très grave. Certes les pseudos sont interdits ici, mais ça concerne surtout les trucs genre "Roswell72", "jpalesi" ou "kimi" :D . Les noms de course bien sûr c'était utilisé en vrai, c'était notamment très populaire en Italie dans le temps. Y'en a même eu en Grand Prix comme "B. Bira" ou "Gimax", donc on pourrait les autoriser au nom de notre sacro-sainte réalité historique. Mais dans le cadre de l'internet des années 2010 si on les autorise on va se retrouver avec 90% de pseudos malheureusement. Plusieurs de nos membres utilisent une version modifiée de leur vrai nom ou même un pseudo mais qui sonne 'vrai', c'est à dire avec un prénom et un nom comme vous et moi :D et ça ça nous gêne pas. D'ailleurs en vrai aussi c'était courant de prendre un nom d'emprun : Pierre Levegh, François Cevert, Nelson Piquet sont tous des noms de famille qui ne sont pas ceux de naissance de ces pilotes.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 11:35

In fact, Frank Verplanken doesn't exist, he's not a human, only an idea. :D
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 11:36

Carl Larrad wrote:

What i don't understand is Why did he lie about his name in the 1st place its quite clear in HSO Rules you must use your Real Name
Yes it's written in the rules but we don't ask the drivers to show some ID before being allowed to race.
As Franky said, we know there are a few members not using their real names (sometimes its totally different or sometimes only slightlly modified), some of them even explained why in private (most of the time for privacy), and we are comfortable with that. You'd have registered as Carlo Larrado we'd have been ok with this :D
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 11:36

Now as we have all decided to come clean ... Cool

A few years ago that was not really Davina Galica on the server that
was me so from now on you can all call me Davina please :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 11:38

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

You'd have registered as Carlo Larrado we'd have been ok with this :D

Hmmm it has quite a nice ring to it :hum: lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement regarding Mr Arisi   Announcement regarding Mr Arisi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Announcement regarding Mr Arisi
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Paddock-
Jump to: