Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]

Go down 
+33
Antoine de Mautor
Richard Coxon
Gianluca Desposito
Simon Wattman
Anders Nilsson
Jean-Marie Placais
Gérard Ryon
Frank Labédan
Pascal Le pihive
Mike Becnel
Ben Warren
Paul Nadeau
Samuli Leinonen
Victor Alcocer
Philippe Bousquet
Ludovic Tagli
Yannick Lampure
David Jundt
Neal Johnson
Yves Plaçais
Martin Audran
Jon Hicken
Tiago Malafaya
James Knowles
Abat Hernaez
Oscar Hardwick
Patrick Marucco
Joel Sixou
Lorenzo Arisi
Carl Larrad
Teemu Toikka
Jason White
Guillaume Siebert
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 19:34

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Gianluca Desposito wrote:
Im wrong the strategy, few fuel in my tank. Well i had a good race, but i dont listen the suggestions and i would like all in my head, and finally result are a disaster. Crying or Very sad
Smile

Gianluca the fuel strategy is quite simple in this series with ~ 1 hour races : start with full tank, and adjust your boost to see the end of the race Wink Boost 2 should be enough for all races.

Thanks Guillaume! :top: :hello:

And i had in this a great battle with Wattman! :clap:

Last edited by Gianluca Desposito on Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 14:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 21:48

JP Campmajo wrote:
David Jundt wrote:
Point is, you rather held me up for trying to close in on 5th place while you weren't close to Gui or Oscar Razz
David Jundt wrote:
I know that? Hello Captain JP Obvious lol!

Doesn't seem that obvious for some people Rolling Eyes Teach me, master !

I had to avoid Martin twice, thus I lost time twice, regardless of me letting him pass of course. I never said I wouldn't let him pass. But I prefer once over twice What a Face

After the second spin, I decided to go fast and stay enough ahead to not have to let him pass again(not sure).

Guess I wasn't pushing fast enough to be in the place to make such mistakes! Razz

My FL wasn't that bad in the end though Surprised
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Oscar Hardwick
Club Driver
Oscar Hardwick

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2012-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 22:02

David Jundt wrote:
JP Campmajo wrote:
David Jundt wrote:
Point is, you rather held me up for trying to close in on 5th place while you weren't close to Gui or Oscar Razz
David Jundt wrote:
I know that? Hello Captain JP Obvious lol!

Doesn't seem that obvious for some people Rolling Eyes Teach me, master !

I had to avoid Martin twice, thus I lost time twice, regardless of me letting him pass of course.

Martin had no intention of causing you to loose time and I am sure that he lost much more time to back-markers in general than you lost in these 2 incidents. Also Martin finished 2nd even with a pitstop and in general showed a higher class of both race class and speed than pretty much the entire field so please stop whining...

Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 22:39

I Have to agree with Oscar on this one Martin does not make many if any mistakes
i had to adjust my screen when i see that he had spun scratch :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 22:54

"The wiser head gives in."

/Fin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013 - 0:43

Carl Larrad wrote:
I Have to agree with Oscar on this one Martin does not make many if any mistakes

And he is also not an arsehole when someone makes a mistake and sweeps him off track (like I did in the 91 Fun race where I swept him off track lap 1 turn 1 going for the lead). If he made a mistake he made a mistake. Move on, nothing to see here.
Back to top Go down
Oscar Hardwick
Club Driver
Oscar Hardwick

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013 - 1:23

Mike Becnel wrote:
Carl Larrad wrote:

And he is also not an arsehole when someone makes a mistake and sweeps him off track (like I did in the 91 Fun race where I swept him off track lap 1 turn 1 going for the lead). If he made a mistake he made a mistake. Move on, nothing to see here.

Is that sarcasm about my being an a-hole Mike? :D :D

I mean everyone makes mistakes myself included more than most. I suggest that people either get over it or if they have an issue file a report to an admin. There is a system there, it works. I myself have a warning and deservedly so from the last time out, should anyone feel that another driver deserves such a warning report it because acting up on the forums will not make you look like the good guy.

Also Mike... I'll never forget Wink

Oscar.
Back to top Go down
Samuli Leinonen
Club Driver
Samuli Leinonen

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013 - 8:48

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

Lappers were almost perfect, thanks everybody Smile Only issue is that some drivers slow down on the racing line to let the leaders through and this is very dangerous when the leaders are just behind you (in a turn or exiting a turn). We cannot guess what you are about to do and by slowing down right in front of us, there's a big risk we'll just run into the back of your car. So if you want to slow down to facilitate the overtaking, do it off the racing line, or very early so that we can take another line.

Considering the track/mod combo it definitely was almost perfect. I had only one issue where backmarker seemingly panicked with me tailing him. Doing rapid movements off race line from left to right, then back to race line and stomp on brakes, causing an unavoidable collision. Really, it is better to lose 1-2 seconds once when lapping if forced to follow slower car through the corners, than have a 0.5s//lap suspension damage for rest of the race. Wink

I pasted these lapping guides also to the 91 thread but they are so important i'll put them here too. study

-When you're about to be lapped, avoid surprising moves, hard braking or moving sideways.

-If the lapping car comes behind you, do not lift the throttle untill he/she is on your side.

-If you spot the car early enough, you can move away from the racing line.

-If the overtaking car comes behind you just before the corner, drive on the outside line like you'd normally do, but do not cut to the inside. Instead leave room for the overtaking car to do his/her's move on the inside. If you are able to spot the situation early enough, you can take the inside line at braking zone, brake bit earlier and let the overtaking car take the normal line.

-If the overtaking car comes behind you during the cornering. Drive through the corner with your normal speed and line, and wait untill the overtaking car makes his/her's move after the corner(s).

-If you are lapping the slower driver, pay attention on his/her's pace comparing to you and the possibly earlier braking points. Be patient and wait untill you can safely overtake. Even when you are faster, you are not priviledged to aggressively do whatever you want and ruin both participants race. Make your intentions clear.
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013 - 14:14

Vincent Beretta wrote:
Dés que quelque chose de désagréable se dit ( à tort) sur ce forum, on y retrouve JP et Antoine. Non pas pour calmer le jeu, ce serait trop simple, pour faire du sarcasme à 2 balles, leur fond de commerce. En ce qui concerne Antoine, admin, c'est la plus éclatante contre-exemplarité.

Allez y les gars, lâchez-vous contre moi maintenant, je viens de vous donner matière. vomissez votre bile :D

1) Je ne suis pas admin

2) Je suis surement partial quand il s'agit de Martin, mais connaissant ses "états de service" depuis bien longtemps, je ne vois pas comment David peut se permettre de lui apprendre la vie, vraiment :smil20: Et effectivement je trouve David le donneur de leçon pénible depuis bien longtemps, le sarcasme c'est la partie visible de l'iceberg d'exaspération on va dire... Es-tu toi même exempt de tout sentiment négatif pour pondre un message comme celui-la?
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013 - 14:17

Jon Hicken wrote:
We all make mistakes. I think Antoine can say that more than anyone- especially when it comes to racing with this mod.

How?? How come you feel like it's OK to say such things when you've been there 3 months? You don't know me for shit do you? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013 - 18:44

Antoine is the true diplomat lol! lol!

He should be public relations for HSO :D lol!
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013 - 19:03

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Antoine is the true diplomat lol! lol!

He should be public relations for HSO :D lol!

I Thought he was " Suck it and See " lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Jon Hicken
Club Driver
Jon Hicken

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013 - 19:59

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
Jon Hicken wrote:
We all make mistakes. I think Antoine can say that more than anyone- especially when it comes to racing with this mod.

How?? How come you feel like it's OK to say such things when you've been there 3 months? You don't know me for shit do you? Suspect

Seriously? Like I said. PMs for personal angst please. You want to talk, we talk. But not on the public forum like this because it's unsightly for everyone. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 1:36

Oscar Hardwick wrote:

Is that sarcasm about my being an a-hole Mike? :D :D

I mean everyone makes mistakes ... acting up on the forums will not make you look like the good guy.

Also Mike... I'll never forget Wink

Oscar.

No, no reference to you intended although your attempt to mate with my Ferrari at high speed did cause me to leave a streak somewhere.

And you are not an asshole. Whole ass maybe. lol!

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
Jon Hicken wrote:

Utoh, somebody sold Antoine a cheap bag. Someone get that man something with more buds in it. :frank:

pssst...Oscar...slowwwwwly back away. Antoine has a napalm flame thrower and is one of the people who pay to keep this place going.
Back to top Go down
Jon Hicken
Club Driver
Jon Hicken

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 2:56

Mike Becnel wrote:

Utoh, somebody sold Antoine a cheap bag. Someone get that man something with more buds in it. :frank:

pssst...Oscar...slowwwwwly back away. Antoine has a napalm flame thrower and is one of the people who pay to keep this place going.

Are you getting confused with my comment? lol! I'm Jon not Oscar! I know we're Brits and all but he's the faster one. That's the best way to tell the difference. :aie:

I'll be honest here - I don't care whether someone pays towards the site, runs the site or what. If they say or do something I don't agree with, I will say something.

For Antoine to join in a dispute between David and Martin and make such a sly comment, having not even been in the race or been involved in any way, annoyed me. To me it seemed everyone was ganging up on Martin a little bit. Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick or something, but whatever. I firmly believe that driver-driver disputes should be resolved personally in PM, not on the open forum. Being a joint leader of the Group C League at the moment clearly shows he's a good driver, and mistakes happen.

You don't have to tell me Antoine has a napalm flamethrower, anyway. I already know on track. I don't care for petty squabbles, but I will always stand up for what I feel is the right thing. It doesn't matter if I've been here 6 months or 6 years. That still stands.

Can we move on now? Smile
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 12:06

Jon Hicken wrote:
For Antoine to join in a dispute between David and Martin

But kudos to you for staying out of this Very Happy

Jon Hicken wrote:
To me it seemed everyone was ganging up on Martin a little bit.

It's because he's an admin, so we have to be nice with him (and not because we have raced him / we know him for 8 years).

Jon Hicken wrote:
Being a joint leader of the Group C League at the moment clearly shows he's a good driver

You have no idea :jp:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 14:59

I'm all about peace and good vibes :frank:

The fact that I'v known Martin for 7 years on and off track (in real life) makes my judgement partial, because I know how good he is, like JP says, you guys have no idea (and probably never will have a good feel for it, because he's too lazy to train for real nowadays :D)

I don't have anything personal against anybody on-track, I just wonder why me and JP for example, are labelled as aggresive drivers... Check out our 5 laps battle around Nurburgring last time in DRP, not a single contact and high speed clean racing all along. It's all about trust I guess...

And BTW, I consider myself a veteran/experienced simacer and I've been watching the whole Norisring race, so I DO know what I'm talking about :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Oscar Hardwick
Club Driver
Oscar Hardwick

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 17:06

Antoine de Mautor wrote:

I don't have anything personal against anybody on-track, I just wonder why me and JP for example, are labelled as aggresive drivers...

... I quit this conversation about nothing of interest.

Also Mike :D Thanks? ? ?

Oscar.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 19:13

Quote :
I just wonder why me and JP for example, are labelled as aggresive drivers

Speaking as someone usually lapped and not in a battle with you, I notice a difference between you both and other fast guys in what I would call predictability. When I see Martin, Guillaume or even Carlorenzo come up in the mirrors I somehow have a feeling of what they are going to do to pass, and I can usually make it easier for them to pass. With you and JP it took me longer to avoid being a problem when lapped because you both tend to aim for the car in front and at the last moment make a very quick movement and go around through the available gap. As I see it, this isn't aggressiveness at all, but simply a personal driving style, but people tend to label "quick, sudden or unexpected" as aggressive easily. Once I understood you both I have been able in further races to let you pass without problems and -interestingly- losing myself less time than when letting other guys pass :hum: . So yes, it probably is down to trust :aie:
Back to top Go down
Jon Hicken
Club Driver
Jon Hicken

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 19:23

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
I just wonder why me and JP for example, are labelled as aggresive drivers...

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2013 - 0:12

Oscar Hardwick wrote:
Antoine de Mautor wrote:

I don't have anything personal against anybody on-track, I just wonder why me and JP for example, are labelled as aggresive drivers...

Also Mike :D Thanks? ? ?

Oscar.

You got the WHOLE world in your hands...got the whole ass world...in your hands lol! lol!

And I am AM just kidding. I really do appreciate the setup help you have provided.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5