Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st]

Go down 
+19
Jean-Marie Placais
Yann Laprevotte
Guillaume Siebert
Richard Coxon
Yves Plaçais
Greg Hunt
Matthew Brinson
Carl Larrad
Giuseppe Scaccia
Vincent Beretta
Alberto Ibañez
Alessio Campigotto
Martin Audran
Ben Paulet
Patrick Marucco
Lorenzo Arisi
Antoine de Mautor
finally gone :)
Frank Verplanken
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Yann Laprevotte
Rookie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-11-13

1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st]   1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 10:33

C'était ma première course sur ce mod, n'ayant aucune information niveau pneus, je décidai de prendre les softs à l'aveugle.

Belle bataille avec Frank pour la troisième place dans les premiers tours, après plusieurs tentatives je finissais finalement par le passer au tour 4 ou 5 sur la montée après San Fransisco, et à construire une petite avance.

Vers la mi-course, je commence à constater une nette dégradation des pneus, ce que je n'avais absolument pas anticipé. Frank - probablement en durs - commence par me rattraper, mais vu l'état de mes pneus, même en prenant des risques, je ne peux pas m'échapper.

Il finit par être dans mes échappements dans le tout dernier tour. Vu la vitesse de pointe supérieure de ma Skyline, difficile pour lui de passer en ligne droite. J'engage donc la section montagneuse devant lui, sachant que sauf erreur de ma part, la troisième place est quasiment assurée. Frank tente quand même une attaque avortée à Maternity. Quelques virage plus loin, après les esses de Solitude, je sort un peu large en essayant de défendre ma place, et Frank en profite pour passer à l’extérieur. Vu le manque de traction de ma Skyline à ce point de la course, je ne peux pas contre-attaquer, et je dois me contenter de la quatrième place.

C'est décevant de perdre un podium si près du but, mais c'est la course. Bien joué au trois premiers.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st]   1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 12:40

C'est l'histoire d'une M3 qui rencontre un rail de sécurité, et PAF la suspension. :aie:
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st]   1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 12:42

Bonne petite soirée en bonne compagnie Very Happy
Il manquait bien quelques pilotes pour completer la grille mais c'est la fin de saison ...

j'ai pris grand plaisir à rouler sur ce circuit, le fait de passer si pres des rails me donnait l'impression d'aller vite :D
A force de frôler ces rails jaune et noir, en fin de course j'avais même des abeilles dans la tête

Une course régulière sans grosse touchette m'a amenée jusqu'à la 7eme place, vu les pilotes devant moi je ne pouvais pas espérer mieux

Bravo à Lorenzo, au podium et aux finisseurs :top:
...et merci à l'organisation Wink
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st]   1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 17:49

What a race it started of quite well i was shocked to see Ben fly by me at the start as i managed to get past Richard who was slow getting away we had maybe 5-6 laps changing positions with Ben and Richard it was good fun guys shame Ben had to retire early as he was my main target for the race ... Wink

As the race settled down and cars where falling of the track i had Yves 12 seconds in front and Vincent 30 seconds
behind i maintained the gap to both but then Vincent started to catch . I Found the Bmw a delight to drive at this twisty
track but Vincent Started to catch me the time came down to 23 seconds , so i started to push again and with this i started to catch Yves it was like i found another gear ... :conduit:

The More i pushed the closer i was getting to Yves in the Sierra the time was down to 9 seconds and i was starting to pull away
from Vincent .. As i got closer to Yves i was determined i was going to catch him ... 3-4 laps before the end the time was down to 5 seconds and i was still catching and he was within my sights ... 3 Laps to go and i could see i was able to beat him in the twisty sections but he ate me up on the long straights .... I Could see maybe there was a chance i could get a Top 5 place , I pushed Yves hoping i could force him into an error and it did not come until the last lap ... I Went into the hairpin practically touching bumpers and Yves just went slightly wide i managed to get up the inside we touched but the Power of the Cosworth muscled its way forward and i had no chance of getting by .... It was a very satisfying and close finish to a long race ...

I Don't normally like tracks with tight slow corners but Macau for me is slightly different i have had 2 good finishes here now
and would love to come back here again ...

Very happy with 6th but Yves 5th would have been better lol!

Well Done Lorenzo for the win .. :champ:

Thx Frank for the organization and also for the tip with the tyres they where perfect for the race .. :drink:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st]   1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 20:22

Crap, sorry I missed this. My train (all of them) were cancelled on my way home, so I arrived back at about 7:30, with homework etc. Completely forgot about this race..
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st]   1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012 - 20:18

Just realised that was my 300th race at HSO and one to remember Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st]   1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012 - 20:18

:top:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st]   1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012 - 20:24

Hehe yes I saw that, you're now in front of Gui in all-time career starts :papy: Cool :papy: !
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st]   1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012 - 20:32

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Hehe yes I saw that, you're now in front of Gui in all-time career starts :papy: Cool :papy: !
Wow Finally beating him at something lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st]   1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1987 Macau Grand Prix - The Guia Race [November 21st]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3