Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1: Suzuka 480km

Go down 
+18
Damian Gosztyla
Carl Larrad
Andrey Ershov
Guillaume Siebert
Aleks Simonov
Tiago Moreira
Berkem Ceylan
Eric Campillo
Frank Verplanken
Philippe Martinelli
Andre Lagunzad
Ludovic Tiengou
Emmanuel Soriano
Brendan Kaczmarek
Bruno Goujon
Hervé Nicolas
Thomas Cazorla
Antoine de Mautor
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiago Moreira
Rookie
Tiago Moreira

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 6:06

Hi!

It was a good experience in this mod, I'd never done swapping in this sim Smile Good stuff Very Happy

The race went alright, right on the first lap we (me and Gil hehe) climbed two places, I think there was an incident in the spoon turn. One of the drivers was fast enough to catch us a few laps later, and in the esses he touched our car and we spun. He was much faster undeed, but a gentleman driver would have waited... Anyway, some laps later we caught him again, because he was being retained by another driver, I think it was a Porsche 962C. The Toyota and the Porsche had an incident exitting the spoon corner and we passed them. I think after that there was a Sauber Mercedes and other car, than I crashed exiting the spoon corner (what a surprise Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ). That crash made the car very slow on straights.

The 2nd stint went better, the car was fixed and I was more consistant Smile Right before the end of the 2nd stint we were in 1st position, but we knew that it wasn't going to last that much Smile

Gil did the last laps, I think he'll report his part of the race Wink

I just want to thank the backmarkers, they did a excelent job, I had no trouble with overtaking them, thanks a lot Smile

Congratulations to the podium finishers Smile
It was a good racing back in the first laps guys Smile

Hope to race you in Magny-Cours

Au Revoir Smile
Back to top Go down
Emmanuel Soriano
Club Driver

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 9:01

6eme !

Tres content de notre course avec Phillipe. Faut pas oublier qu'il y a des furieux devant .
Il a bien assuré dans la premiere partie Very Happy

apres, les ecarts etant ce qu'ils sont, il fallait surtout que je reste en piste et que je tourne regulierement pour conserver notre 6eme position. J'ai du contenir franck à un moment. A part ça, pas de souci majeur.
Il fallait aussi que je surveille l'essence car je savais que ça serait limite. On avait calculé avec les 2 tours pris par les leaders.
C'est passé. il a fallu que je fasse mon dernier tours avec la lampe jaune et au ralenti, mais c'etait joué

La sauber est geniale. Un peu monstrueuse pour moi, mais fabuleuse quand même.
Le fait d'avoir reparti les chassis comme ça nous permet de finir à "seulement" 2 tours. Super.

Une belle course. Belle organisation.

Pour ludo. Decidement ta mauvaise humeur.
Les courses GTP, ça se prepare tres serieusement. Je ne pense pas que c'etait le cas chez toi.
Ce n'est pas pour rien que je ne les fais pas toutes.
Il faut travailler tous les petits details, avoir des setup si tu perds des vitesses etc.
Et les pilotes de tête ne sont pas des fillettes. Alors si tu veux gagner, fait autre chose.
Au rank GPL , je dois être le plus mauvais pilote du plateau.
Il y a de nombreuses fonctions avec les touches F. Il faut les connaitre par coeur et savoir les utiliser en piste en toute circonstances, surtout les plus critiques..
sinon, aucune chance.
La touche F2 te donne le classement en cours. La bascule avec les ecarts réels se fait avec la barre d'espace.
F3 te donne l'essence et la possibilité de changer la quantité au ravitaillement.
F1 te donne le nb de tours
F4 les pneus
Tu as aussi l'usure des pneus (par exemple phillipe a fait un arrêt pneus sans mettre de carburant au milieu de son relais car il tournait globalement mieux léger)
etc...
Et je ne te parle pas de la communication avec des equipiers si tu en as.
C'est ça l'endurance, desolé que tu l'apprene à tes dépend si brutalement en course.
Back to top Go down
Jim Ray
Club Driver
Jim Ray

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 10:48

Looked like a good time. Where are the results? The fans accross the globe want to know... :conduit: :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://www.fsbracing.com/gtp.html
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 12:09

Here are the results.

Sadly no server replay, we had a problem to save it scratch
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 13:04

Yeah, bummer, the replay didn't save itself properly, so I'll just post my own one of the last 50mn, you'll be able to watch a great fight for 3rd position between me and the Russian Sauber Smile

Great race for me as far as administrating is concerned (despite this replay issue), because the field was nice, with a lot of skilled drivers on the track. As for driving, it was much more uneasy as I was pretty hungover due to a friend's BD the night before... Anyway :D

I started the #47, setting a new PB in qualifying, which gave me 6th place. Managed to climb up to 4th in the opening lap, but then the drivers behind me (Damian, Aleks/Alex and Tiago), who were all faster, were right behind. Finally Damian ran into me exiting Spoon, and I spun. Racing incident basically, but I think he could have wait for me after we both recovered, that would have been more of a gentleman-attitude. Then I tried my best to keep 6th place, and then 5th when Brendan retired. But I had a scary FPS loss in Dunlop, and crashed the car hard into the barriers. Evil or Very Mad I gave it to Martin a few laps earlier than scheduled, thinking the deco would fix our car as it seldom does. But it didn't, and Martin had to retire a few laps later with smoking engine Crying or Very sad

Then I took over #16 for the last stint, gui having made an excellent job with it so far, I was eager not to spoil his effort. I took it over in the provisional lead, apparently our pit stop was a nice one since I was in second, just ahead of Damian, but far behind Nick who was really the class of the field. Wink Damian got past me and went away with ease, and I gave all I could to keep the Sauber #63 behind me, but with 3 laps to go he finally managed to got past me, and just after that I lost 3rd gear, so that was it. Just nursed it to the finish to finish in a nice 4th position.

Grats to the podium, to the Portuguese guys who could have ranked much higher without a ver slow second pit stop, and to Philou and Manu for their very solid race cheers

Cya in Magny-Cours :top:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 13:35

Antoine de Mautor wrote:

Grats to the podium, to the Portuguese guys who could have ranked much higher without a ver slow second pit stop, and to Philou and Manu for their very solid race cheers

Cya in Magny-Cours :top:

Héhé merci Tonio, je te retourne les félicitations ainsi qu'à Gui, pour la course et l'organisation, ce fut top!! cheers

Comme l'a dit Manu plus haut, nous avons bien profité de notre Sauber Mercedes et nous sommes bien contents de ce résultat. La course c'est super bien passée, aucune casse, très peu de fautes. Juste un peu de doute à la fin sur la conso car on avait cru prendre plus de retard sur les meilleurs (on pensez 4 ou 5 tours) alors que l'on s'est maintenu à 2 tours seulement des leaders, ce qui est très correct à notre niveau. Manu a super bien assuré l'arrivée Very Happy

Mon relai fut un plaisir, malgré quelques ralantissements (fps) dans les premiers tours avec le traffic (ma carte graphique rame un peu, je la change bientôt...). J'ai tenu la cadance que j'avais prévue à peu de chose près.
Sans fanfaroner, c'est la première course de gtp que je fais, aucours de laquelle je dépasse plus de voitures que je ne me fais dépasser, çà fait plaisir. Les heures d'entraînements ont portées leurs fruits.

(pour le replay qui a foiré, j'espère que mon ami Franky va nous mettre en ligne le sien, j'aime bien revoir comment se sont passée les choses), merci d'avance Franky Wink .
Bravo aux vainqueurs et à la prochaine :hello:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 13:42

The results and the replay of the last 28 laps are online

http://www.historicsimracing.org/WSC/resultats_WSC.php?lang=fr

And the standings are up to date Wink

http://www.historicsimracing.org/WSC/class_WSC.php?lang=fr
Back to top Go down
Damian Gosztyla
Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 15:58

Antoine de Mautor wrote:

I started the #47, setting a new PB in qualifying, which gave me 6th place. Managed to climb up to 4th in the opening lap, but then the drivers behind me (Damian, Aleks/Alex and Tiago), who were all faster, were right behind. Finally Damian ran into me exiting Spoon, and I spun. Racing incident basically, but I think he could have wait for me after we both recovered, that would have been more of a gentleman-attitude.

I was much faster than you early in the race, I dont see why you just didnt let me go by. I was right on your bummper for 10 laps.
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 16:42

Why should I let you by? Can't see any particular reason for that... That's fighting for a position, don't expect me to ever open the door on any opposent including my team mates.
Back to top Go down
Damian Gosztyla
Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 21:33

Dont expect me to let you by when I move you out of the way. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 21:53

There's no rule against defending one's position. However, there are some against wrecking.
So please take it easy, apologizing is always better than threatening even if you think you're not at fault...
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 23:27

Now when we're on the subject of letting by, what's the rule when being lapped? Should you move off the racing line, or stay on it? Or should you do what you think is best? I couldn't find anything about it in the rules.
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 23:41

Yeah, a lapped driver should do what he thinks is best to let a faster driver through. Some of them just move slightly from the racing line, others fail to apply full throttle going out of a turn, and so on...

The goal is to have the lapping car safely through, not to monitor every single move by every single car on the track. So as long as no wreck happens, there is no need for any particular rule about it I guess.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 23:50

And I think that's up to the leaders to wait for a safe spot to overtake too. You can't ask to a backmarker to leave the racing line in the first esses at Suzuka for example. Both drivers have to be careful, leaders haven't the right to put backmarkers in danger Wink
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009 - 9:10

OK, it's clear now Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Labédan
Racing Legend
Frank Labédan

Number of posts : 1043
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009 - 14:29

ça a l'air bien sympa ces courses d'endurance ...dommage que l'on ne puisse pas en faire a base de RFACTOR, je crois que je me serai laissé tenté (d'autant plus que je suis plus endurant que rapide Smile ) ...
Bonne saison a tous Wink
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009 - 14:49

Si c'est juste parce que tu n'as pas le jeu, ça peut s'arranger Smile
Back to top Go down
Aleks Simonov
Rookie

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009 - 15:41

On Saturday I was with my friends, I was sure that Alex Shurikus will start #63 and I will have time to drink some beer in cafe. But Alex had problem with carfile, I hurried to hostel to be in time for start.
I had only about 1 hour of trainig, so was rather slow in qual and in the beginning of the race. After 25 laps or so I missed brakepoint in first turn and damaged the car. It lost about 1 sec per lap. At this time Damian and Guillaume did their pits and I became 2nd rather far behind Nick. I was using my usual endurance setup with only 3 gears in use, and also I tried to downshift slowly. So I was able to do half of distance on one tank and wasn't going to do 2nd pit. But when Damian and Gui did their discons and I was 2nd with good gap, I again missed brakepoint in first turn, damaged engine. Car lost about 4 sec, Damian and Antoine was rather far and I decided to continue so, but 5 laps later I understood that Damian closing the gap very fast and decided to do pit. I exited 4th about 10 seconds behind Antoine. I was about 2 sec per lap faster and so in about 5 laps was right behind him. But a long time no way to pass, my acceleration was slow because of 3 gears using, so it was hard to find a way to pass. It was great fight for podium, a lot of time cars were side by side several turns. And as Antoine said when 3 laps remaining, I could pass in spoon and so finished 3rd. Damian was about 20 sec ahead and already no chances to get him. Grats to Nick with good pace and deserved win, Damian with 2nd, Guillaume and Antoine with 4th and all finishers.
Sometimes backmakers didn't let pass them 3-5 turns which is not good, espeñially if backmaker is driving alone and behind him is 2 or 3 cars fighting for podium positions. On first laps I saw when Damian punched a backmaker in last turn after shicane, some laps later I also had a touch with backmaker in first turn. After that all was rather clear.
I'm interesting what fastlap Brendan had before crash.
Big thanks Antoine for organising all this. It was interesting to drive as fast as aliens, but of course it's illusion, cos Sauber is much faster than other cars.
:drink:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009 - 20:49

Nice summary Aleks, though there are some points which I would like to be clarified :

-Did Alex actually drove the car or not (in race)? If he had a carfile problem, I guess he should consider downloading the carset again.

-At which lap did you do your disconnection?

Thanks for your answers.
Back to top Go down
Aleks Simonov
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009 - 21:24

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
Nice summary Aleks, though there are some points which I would like to be clarified :
-At which lap did you do your disconnection?
it was after lap 40
Back to top Go down
Alex Shurikus
Rookie
Alex Shurikus

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009 - 21:43

I did not drive in the race, but the carfile issue is fixed now, so it should be fine for next event!
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2009 - 17:56

According to these informations and to the rules, I withdrawn Alex's points for this round (as you haven't actually race it).

Sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Aleks Simonov
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2009 - 22:43

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
According to these informations and to the rules, I withdrawn Alex's points for this round (as you haven't actually race it).

Sorry Sad

It's ok Antoine. We are for fun here, not for points :drink:
Back to top Go down
Emmanuel Soriano
Club Driver

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 11:16

Hello everybody.

I have just read the story about the point for Alek and Alex, and after that the rules again !
It is true that regarding the rules, He must have no points for this race.
But I was myself a little surprised when I have read the rules. Just because I think that it is a little unfair for the pilots of two pilots. At least, it doesn't go in the direction of why we are all here I suppose : for FUN !
If you are here, you have points. If not, no points. It makes sense in a logic of formula one, but in my opinion not in an logic of endurance races. My vision of endurance race is that team is team. After that , the points should be the same for every pilot in the team after the race , apart from who was effectively on the wheel.

I mean, it is already more complicated to make the coordination of a team of two instead of one pilot alone.
The deconnections have to be synchronized, teamspeak is mandatory, and so on.
It would be also very easy to lie and to say "I am here", when not here.
I already know that I will miss probably some events, and Philippe also. But we will arrange us to participate on every race. It is also very important for HSO itself, and won't bring us no points at all.
We also have decided to race together to play the game of a team of two, and will not take any advantage of that.
If we want to be close to the reality, okay, but we have to race all in team of two and share the same problems of coordination.

I will also like to have a standing with the individual cars, and not only team.
You know, I am not sure that at the end we will pay attention of who is in the other sauber. We are not professional teams.
We choose the Sauber because we are not so fast, but what is really interesting for me is the result that Phillipe and I will together achieve, as a team of two . Individual standing is not so interesting for me. If it was, I would have race alone, but it was not in accordance with what I consider endurance races.
The only standing which make sense for me doesn't exists !

All the season, we won't speak about emmanuel or Phillipe, but about the Sauber 62.

Antoine, I don't wont to create a big affair with that. Rules are the rules and they are fine.
It was just to express myself about what I feel . A forum is made for that, isn't it :frank:

Just to be completely honest, Here is my program for the season
I will be here for :
Magny cours
Jarama
Hockenheim
Spa francorchamps
Brands hatch (probably alone)

I will be absent for :
Donington (Philippe will be here)
Mexico (Philippe will be here)
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 11:20

For any further complaint, please ask Jean Marie Balestre, he is the one who made the rules, not me :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1: Suzuka 480km   Round 1: Suzuka 480km - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1: Suzuka 480km
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next