Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars

Go down 
+18
Karel Marciniszyn
Milt Minter Jr
Greg Hunt
Ben Paulet
Mogens Nielsen
Adam Svoboda
Simon Wattman
Yoann Quioc
Sanjin Haler
Frank Verplanken
Stewart Amos
Seb
Alessio Campigotto
Bruno Goujon
Guillaume Siebert
Alberto Ibañez
David Cid
Antoine de Mautor
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jun 2012 - 16:37

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
Maybe we should stick to rFactor... Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 228364

It's sad because NR2003 is a great game and a unique feel, but I guess most people here are having trouble with it, as otherwise many more would have registered already for the race Evil or Very Mad The standard game runs well in my PC, and so do the GN mods, but the GTP one causes intermittent crashes. One session it works, another it CTDs when hitting the rpm limiter, it's crazy! Last time I fixed that by creating a new profile, but now it crashes even with a new one. Suspect Come to think of it, I get the crash when I have been playing with the stock game meanwhile, maybe it somehow "resets" my settings .. must try a separate install Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 18590

Did you disable the 3D Sound option ?
Back to top Go down
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jun 2012 - 17:32

David Cid wrote:
Maybe we should stick to rFactor... :hihi:

I wonder if permissions were granted, it would be possible to recreate this same event (or even a full series) with the mod from Luis Garcia for rFactor?

http://historicsimracing.123.st/t1266-imsa-gtp

We would still need some more skins though.

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jun 2012 - 18:45

Quote :
Did you disable the 3D Sound option ?

Yes I tried that already, and anyway I am normally playing without 3D sound because I simply use headphones.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jun 2012 - 19:32

Diego Dário wrote:
David Cid wrote:

I wonder if permissions were granted, it would be possible to recreate this same event (or even a full series) with the mod from Luis Garcia for rFactor?

Don't worry you'll get some Group C one day :D
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jun 2012 - 21:49

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Diego Dário wrote:
David Cid wrote:

Now theres a thought hehehe Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Diego Dário
Experienced Driver
Diego Dário

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jun 2012 - 22:43

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Diego Dário wrote:
David Cid wrote:

I can't wait for that! :banane:
Back to top Go down
Mogens Nielsen
Rookie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jun 2012 - 11:02

Hey guys
I think its a bit strange that the solution for the 2 drivers here with PC problems is that we should use rFactor instead. :clap:

It Ok to give up because of frustration with ones HWare or ones PC system.
But Im sorry to say that in this case it has obviously nothing to do with NR2003/GTP as such.

The solution for Alberto could be to reinstall NR2003/GTP just because you then exclude any possibility that something is damaged in your NR2003/GTP install.

NR2003/GTP are running perfect on all Windows versions for more than 100 members of the FSB league. :hello:
And NR2003/GTP are even running a tad better on Win7(32/64) than on WinXP.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jun 2012 - 11:24

Mogens I have tried reinstalling NR2003 already. The funny thing is that I do not get any crashes with the stock game, or with the BRcup and GN70 mods, it's only with the GTP, and only when hitting the rev limiter. Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 18590

I am on a very tight schedule this week, but I will try to find some time to do the "big one" by restoring my backup copy of Windows and starting completely clean. It could very well be God knows which driver/program installed that causes a conflict. If I succeed I will gladly be there on sunday, albeit with a horrible lack of training and without a decent setup Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 161590
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jun 2012 - 16:54

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Mogens I have tried reinstalling NR2003 already. The funny thing is that I do not get any crashes with the stock game, or with the BRcup and GN70 mods, it's only with the GTP, and only when hitting the rev limiter. Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 18590

I am on a very tight schedule this week, but I will try to find some time to do the "big one" by restoring my backup copy of Windows and starting completely clean. It could very well be God knows which driver/program installed that causes a conflict. If I succeed I will gladly be there on sunday, albeit with a horrible lack of training and without a decent setup Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 161590

Try the graphical options and turn off lighting? Likely not to work, I don't know :/
Back to top Go down
Mogens Nielsen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jun 2012 - 19:45

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Sorry Alberto I didnt know you allready have tried that.
I will try to google your "hitting the revlimiter" problem to try to help.
And then I will ask in the FSB forum about your problem.
Do you have any further indications/symptoms of what the problem could be?

We are not many GTP enthusiasts left so we got to help each other :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Mogens Nielsen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jun 2012 - 20:07

Hey Alberto
I just found this info from related symptoms in 2 forums:
---
http://s4.zetaboards.com/The_High_Line/topic/925643/1/

q: The no-cd patch I had wouldn't work with it. Made it kill the game everytime I hit the rev limiter.
---
a: That wasn't the no-cd patch, its because for osme reason you have to make a whole new driver profile for the gtp mod or the game crashes.
-------------
http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=7200

I did some more investigating and discovered what is causing the problem. When I hit the limiter in the Toyota and Mazda it causes the sim to crash.
I can run a whole lap against the limiter in the Sauber and Jaguar and it works fine...its just the Toyota and the Mazda.
I tried turning player engine volume to 0 but it still crashes when it hits the limiter.
I thought maybe the warning light was causing it but when I removed all the wintoyo files from the sound folder it doesn't crash so it must be sound related.
I turned hardware acceleration and sample quality all the way to the left and no change.
The issue is happening in both v1.0 and v1.1 installs. Swapping sound files with the Sauber didn't help either.
I'm using an ASUS Xonar soundcard with XP and have never had issues before...even GPL sounds great. Laughing
---
I disabled the Xonar DS and enabled the onboard sound and the problem went away so its definitely an issue with the Xonar.
Guess I will try some different drivers and see if I can't make this go away...
---
I tried a bunch of things today but no luck so I will just have to use the onboard sound (with its crackles and pops) or use the Xonar and just make sure I don't hit the rev limiter.
Or I can just use the Sauber and Jaguar since I don't have an issue with them...

Yes...very irritating issue and even more so since I couldn't fix it. Strange that swapping sounds with a car I don't have an issue with didn't fix it..

Back to top Go down
Bill Yarbrough
Rookie
Bill Yarbrough

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jun 2012 - 20:16

Did you try reducing the number of sounds played in the game to the minimum? bounce
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jun 2012 - 11:38

Mogens, Bill & all,

thanks for your help guys, I see that my problem is not that unusual after all!

Anyway, after spending yesterday a good amount of sleepless hours with this, here's what I have found out so far:

- If I reinstall the game AND create a new profile, then start a session (training/race/whatever) it seems to work Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 420535

- But when I close the game and come back later, it starts crashing again Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 161590 and creating a new profile won't help.

- Saving my profile by backing up the folder after exiting won't help, as it seems to be already corrupted when I exit the game after playing for the 1st time.

- It also won't work if doing a back-up copy of the whole NR2003 folder before starting the game for the 1st time, so I guess the problem corrupts the entries that NR2003 does in the Windows registry.

So my reasoning is that something gets corrupted in the profile/game saving file and its Windows registry entries --> That's the only thing that gets altered in the game after finishing my session and exiting it. This seems to explain the intermittent crashes I was getting, and why it sometimes worked and sometimes not. It worked after the 1st install and play, but not when coming back.

Now, what I will be doing is trying to reinstall the whole game for the race, so that I use a fresh new install and profile for it, and cross fingers that it will work for the evening. Main problem is that I lack training and haven't been able to develop a setup and a good knowledge of the track Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 484331
Back to top Go down
Paul Nadeau
Experienced Driver
Paul Nadeau

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jun 2012 - 22:22

I've loaded it to an old hard drive with WinXP SP3 on it and it worked fine so far. I don't think I'll be in town on raceday though Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mogens Nielsen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2012 - 10:07

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Now, what I will be doing is trying to reinstall the whole game for the race, so that I use a fresh new install and profile for it, and cross fingers that it will work for the evening. Main problem is that I lack training and haven't been able to develop a setup and a good knowledge of the track Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 484331
Good initiative Alberto. I really hope it will work out for you to be ready for the race.
Try this setup. And check the setup notes for suggested changes to suit your driving style.
You can download the setups(sau/Jag) from my Dropbox :hello:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29587629/WGlen_SauJagSetups.zip

@Paul Nadeau
Hey Paul. When you see how hard Alberto is trying to be ready dont you think it will be possible for you too? :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Mogens Nielsen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2012 - 10:28

Hey Alberto
Just got a further urgent hint from Milt in the FSB forum:

Quote: "a reinstall w/ making sure you restart puter after every step helped another with similiar problems".
:hello:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2012 - 10:35

Many thanks Mogen Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 652294
Back to top Go down
Mogens Nielsen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2012 - 17:54

You are welcome Alberto.
Conserning the setups then I intend to use the Sauber version for the race but just with some lower spoiler.
The effect on the car is that the car become more oversteering but also much more hysterical/wobbling.
But that will probably keep me awake for this long race lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars   Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Camel Continental VIII : Available Cars
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3