Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]

Go down 
+22
David Cid
finally gone :)
Elia Baragiola
Martin Audran
Alessio Campigotto
Greg Hunt
Franck Mercurio
Philippe Martinelli
Alberto Ibañez
Lorenzo Arisi
Steve Parker
Patrick Marucco
Guillaume Siebert
Vadim Sadoshenko
Yannick Lampure
Jon Hawkins
Ben Truffini
Tiago Malafaya
Vincent Beretta
Jean-louis Petillot
Pierre Closset
Frank Verplanken
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 14:18

Course bien mal engagée puisque je rate mon départ (comme presque toujours...) là à cause d'un repositionnement réclamé par le programme, à 2 secondes du feu vert... Bref je perds des places et me retrouve 18ème. Les premiers tours sont un peu confus çà part dans tous les sens et je reprends 3 places...

Un peu de lutte avec Alberto, puis je le dépasse et je me lance à la poursuite de Ben Paulet, que je sais pas trop loin devant moi et j'aimerais bien refaire la bagarre de la dernière course...
Rien à faire, David semble même avoir du mal à suivre Ben (très rapide en ce début de course) et moi je me fais distancer peu à peu par David... Tempis, course solitaire à l'ususe...

En effet, il ne se passera rien jusqu'au 20ème tour où je vois mon Ben quasiement à l'arrêt avant la ligne droite en montée... Je le double et pendant quelques tours je me dis "il va me revenir dessus le cagnois et çà va chauffer"... Non même pas, il m'a laissé tomber :D Dommage!

Les derniers tours j'ai tenté de m'accrocher aux classe A qui n'étaient pas trop loin, mais pas possible... Et les classe B étaient trop rapides aussi pour moi... Neutral

Finalement mon meilleur résultat de la saison, en raison de quelques absences et de circonstances favorables, mais pas la course la plus sympa en terme de bagarres et de luttes... Toujours bon à prendre quand-même malgré tout.

Bravo à Ben T. pour sa victoire et Pierre pour la sienne (Au fait, je crois qu'il faudrait 1 point de plus pour Mercédes aux constructeurs... Sauf erreur)
Merci à tous et à HSO :top:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 14:32

No worries mate, and I am the first one happy to see you at last having a full season at the top of the pack in one of our championships :drink: !

Philou, 5e-->8 pts pour Mercedes Wink mais merci de vérifier - c'est pas comme si j'étais infaillible lol!
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 18:32

Frank Verplanken wrote:
No worries mate, and I am the first one happy to see you at last having a full season at the top of the pack in one of our championships :drink: !

Philou, 5e-->8 pts pour Mercedes Wink mais merci de vérifier - c'est pas comme si j'étais infaillible lol!

:drink: :hello: :top:
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 18 May 2012 - 12:53

Frank Verplanken wrote:

Pierre termine 5ème en effet : 8 points

Je termine 10ème : 1 point

Nous sommes tous les deux sur Mercédes, nos points s'ajoutent : total 9 points

Pas infaillible moi non plus, mais casse bonbons, c'est sûr :D Wink
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 18 May 2012 - 12:56

Non car seule la meilleure voiture marque. Sinon Ford aurait plus de 20 points à chaque course :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 18 May 2012 - 13:28

JP Campmajo wrote:
Non car seule la meilleure voiture marque. Sinon Ford aurait plus de 20 points à chaque course :hihi:

Voila ce que je n'avais pas compris du règlement...

Merci pour l'explication JP Wink
Back to top Go down
Jon Hawkins
Club Driver
Jon Hawkins

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012 - 11:46

Wow what a race!

Only installed the track before practise and had a reasonable practise, qualy was a bit average but the warmup was incredible a 1:15.0 really shocked me considering and gave me hope for the race and made a good start.

Terrified of hitting anybody at the 1st corner and after 1 or 2 laps was fighting with David, trying to keep a gap after a while, then started catching Greg, he must have made a mistake somewhere as I gained 5 or 6 seconds suddenly, that was a very nice battle with Greg, very polite great racer, he was quicker on the tight bits and I was quicker on the fast bits, I tried to make room if he was making a move and vice versa. Very nice of him to wait when I got tapped round to rejoin the fun, could have had 7th if I had held him off but Antoine was catching very quickly and is a very aggressive (in a nice way) racer and quickly got past in a gap I thought was too small, excellent driving. very very happy with my result cheers

Nice to see a Holden win as well! I saw Gui crash in my mirrors and thought who the hell is in the top 3 haha.

Grats to all finishers and all people who even I lapped! affraid and superb work by the podium finishers.....you are aliens lol!
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012 - 13:57

Jon Hawkins wrote:
Antoine was catching very quickly and is a very aggressive (in a nice way) racer and quickly got past in a gap I thought was too small, excellent driving.

I remember that bit, you had kinda overshot the braking point in turn 9, the sharp left hander after the downhill secction. And I thought you were covering the inside so I couldn't sneak by in T10. Turned out you moved to the outside where I was already commited. I thought f*** it, lets go for this keyhole, and well it worked :D
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Jon Hawkins
Club Driver
Jon Hawkins

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012 - 14:03

Yeah by then I was struggling with my tyres and braking (was all over the place, fronts locked at some and rears locked on others! affraid)

I saw you when I was braking and thought I had it at T9, but then saw you hadn't passed me then so I will defend a bit and moved out to try and make the corner (Steering was iffy at times due to increased entry speed lol) thinking you would switch right but instead went right round me!

I figured out the Holden is rather heavy on the brakes and difficult to slow down without making a hash of it but getting the hang of it lol! Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 311792

(PS Tiago....round review lol, plenty of action all through the field!)
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2012 - 20:11

:hum: I'll see what can be done. I don't usually do race reviews, but I might take a look at it :D
Back to top Go down
David Cid
Pro Driver
David Cid

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2012 - 22:17

I'm still astonished that a Holden won the race. I really suck with this car.
I haven't calculated the fuel right, so had to pit at about 10 laps to the end... and then stop and go because I entered to fast on the pits Embarassed
Also an Alfa driver, coming out of pits didn't looked at the mirrors (I supose) and kept going left till I hit him... more small damage, but was able to finish... last :smil20:
Still I had fun, congrats everyone :top:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/david.cid.980
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3