Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can Am series???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Can Am series??? Empty
PostSubject: Can Am series???   Can Am series??? Icon_minitimeWed 8 Feb 2012 - 22:03

Hey, a while back I broached the subject of doing a Can Am series using the 66-74 mod. It would be a fun way to continue the GPL-esque craziness we've been enjoying via F5000. There is, of course, the small matter of drivability Mad Gui has pointed out, quite correctly, that the physics of this mod are not the best. Frankly, these cars make the F5000 cars seem like a breeze. Would it be possible to modify the physics of the Can Am mod to make it more drivable for everyone and thus more fun? No idea where to begin on this. Any thoughts from those of you who know the game inside out?
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Can Am series??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am series???   Can Am series??? Icon_minitimeThu 9 Feb 2012 - 12:02

Making or tweaking physics is a very long process and requires a lot of testing. You also need some accurate historical data on the cars to aim at something realistic, so research takes a lot of time too. And you need the computer skills as well ^^ . There's more than one mod I would like to tweak on the phyiscs side (like all the "league edition" Rolling Eyes F1 mods) but I just don't have the time and/or patience to learn it all from scratch at my age :papy:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

Can Am series??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am series???   Can Am series??? Icon_minitimeThu 9 Feb 2012 - 12:06

Anyway there are very few different Canam cars available for rFactor, and they wouldn't allow us to recreate any year of that series.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Can Am series??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am series???   Can Am series??? Icon_minitimeThu 9 Feb 2012 - 14:07

Yeah, just as I suspected. Way more trouble that it would actually be worth. :smil20: Just thought I'd ask.
Any ideas on what kind of series we'll be doing after F5000 and the others have concluded?
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

Can Am series??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am series???   Can Am series??? Icon_minitimeThu 9 Feb 2012 - 14:18

It's a secret !
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Can Am series??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am series???   Can Am series??? Icon_minitimeThu 9 Feb 2012 - 14:19

Alrighty, then. Have a good day! :top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can Am series??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am series???   Can Am series??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Am series???
Page 1 of 1