Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]

Go down 
+25
Ben Paulet
Franck Mercurio
Franck Tripey
Philippe Martinelli
Abat Hernaez
Laurent Binet
Lorenzo Arisi
Elia Baragiola
Jean-louis Petillot
Jon Hawkins
Jukka Närhi
Romain Bouville
Jean-François Bovy
Greg Hunt
Yves Plaçais
Steve Parker
Alberto Ibañez
Patrick Marucco
Vadim Sadoshenko
Yannick Lampure
Vincent Beretta
Antoine de Mautor
Guillaume Siebert
Carl Larrad
Frank Verplanken
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2012 - 21:04

lol! bien vu Franck :D
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2012 - 21:04

Belle soirée, belle course, acharnée. Tout ça pour un tout petit point. C'est peu mais une fois de plus c'est inespéré considérant que j'ai fini le 1er tour en 24eme position. Je me suis bien amusé avec Carl, puis Jieffe, puis Ben, puis Yannick.

Allez, vivement la prochaine.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2012 - 21:09

Quote :
Fastest lap real race:
3 *JPS Team BMW *Jim Richards *BMW M3 *1m02.74s

Fastest lap HSO race:
3 *JPS Team BMW * Frank Verplaken *BMW M3 * 01:02.738

Well yes, but driving very differently from what the real drivers did. This mod, like many others in rFactor allows sliding cars as if you were rallying and continuously smoking around with locking brakes, etc, something you would never see in real touring car races. I remember some years ago when we went with the M club to a track day at Pau, we had a true rally driver (Regional rear drive cars champion) and a guy who had been mechanic for BMW Motorsport already in the 80s and knew how to drive well. Both had stock E30 M3 and drove around Pau quite differently; the rally driver sliding around and giving lots of spectacle, the other driving smoothly and sliding very little. The latter won, almost 1 second faster IIRC.

Rallying is the fastest way around in twisty public roads with little grip, but on a race track with racing tarmac, it shouldn't be.

Oh well ... it's just a game after all :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012 - 11:14

Hmm I think this mod is really accurate regarding the driving style required to go fast. You can slide the car easily but that won't make you faster, and your rear tires will overheat quickly. A fast lap is always a lap in which you slide as less as possible.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012 - 12:25

Well, watching Greg or Frank doing 1.02 is not exactly what I see in touring car videos from the 80s, specially in twisty sections. The problem is many times that the guy who works on the physics must consider what produces correct results with the correct driving style, and can't imagine what the aliens might do with the car. Sometimes trying to put a penalty on irrealistic driving styles means you screw up something else in the physics and the correct driving style does no longer feel good ... Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 321163

But in any case I concur in that the mod is certainly a very good one, probably among the top 5 ever for rFactor, and I like it a lot. Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 652294
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012 - 20:51

Anyway it is always very difficult to directly compare the real times to ours as the circuit might not be totally accurate (Oran Park was laser made tho and is accurate to the smallest detail) or the grip might be very different. But I really think it's a very accurate mod on the physics side, looking the replays with TV cameras or Franck M's excellent Oran Park video I could see the cars behaving like the real ones in the videos :top:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012 - 21:02

Hey, look what I found!

Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012 - 21:47

I'M loving the beginning of the third part, with me fiercly lapping Gui and Lorenzo :D
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012 - 22:03

BTW here are some videos of the rally guy from the M club, David Abad:

I've seen him done this live and it's affraid
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012 - 22:05

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
I'M loving the beginning of the third part, with me fiercly lapping Gui and Lorenzo :D

Enjoy it while you can :hihi:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Pierre Closset
Club Driver

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012 - 2:23

Quel con je suis cheers

J'étais persuadé que la course était dimanche lol!
Bon, ben plus qu'a voir si j'ai des soucis de freins sur le prochain circuit !

Quel boulet je fait :doh:
Pas trop habitué au double champ FFSCA/HSO :aie:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]   Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Calder Park [Jan. 11th]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5