Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kyalami, January 10th

Go down 
+20
Joel Sixou
Iestyn Davies
David Vanmullem
Eric Campillo
David Conan
Jacques Leblond
Jose Luis Mezcua
Frank Verplanken
Gaizka López C.
François Potignon
Fred Gubbels
Camille Spada
Bertrand Catroux
Alain Laporte
finally gone :)
Reg Burke
Mickael Taloc
Antoine de Mautor
Phil Woodward
Martin Audran
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan 2009 - 21:11

Smile Ca arrive... Ca fait chier, mais ça arrive :D. Pas grave, Alain, j'avais le #13 donc bon c'est logique koi Smile.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Fred Gubbels
Club Driver
Fred Gubbels

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan 2009 - 22:03

A very intense race from start. Bertrand miss totally his start,, while Gaizka has difficulties to move his Honda. I just follow Antoine for basically all my race. He seems very quick, but I'm more consistent and I'm maintaining a very good pace during the first 20 laps, where I stay between 1.0 and 2.0 sec. Then we take one lap to the first cars and the gap is coming to 2.5 sec, but I'm keen to come back on Antoine. I'm successful to reduce the gap to 1.3 sec and then coming down from Leeukop bend, my ignition fails. I probably asked a bit too much to the mechanics. Not very fortunate, but fully motivated to take my revenge. See you in Brands Hatch!
Back to top Go down
Phil Woodward
Rookie
Phil Woodward

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan 2009 - 22:07

I got disconnected on ~ lap 33 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Damn Virgin internet!

But that was Fun.

Made the worst start in the history of motorsport. Bogged the engine off the line, then couldn't avoid a spinning Lotus at Clubhouse. Ended up 12th-ish! But after that no problems, hauled myself back into 6th, and was closing on Sergio and Gaizka. Setup felt great despite running high pressures for straightline speed. affraid

I'll be back :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan 2009 - 22:41

To elaborate on my short French earlier post Smile : good start, but a Lotus melee at Clubhouse and that was the end Sad. Tried to sneak on the left but got squeezed between the guardrail and Alain's Lotus --> wheel off --> bye bye Sad... Not the race I expected for our first official HSO race, but then - that's racing ! I'll be back too :aie: !
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan 2009 - 23:01

cheers

Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Win_ky10
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan 2009 - 23:08

Track: Kyalami Sat Jan 10 23:06:50 2009

RACE RESULTS (After 80 laps)

Pos No Driver Team Nat Laps Race Time Diff
1 15 Antoine deMautor Brabham FRA 80 107m43.069s
2 16 Bertrand Catroux Ferrari FRA 80 107m51.781s 08.712s
3 17 Gaizka López C. Honda SPA 80 108m03.263s 20.194s
4 8 Sergio Macias Cooper SPA 80 108m04.153s 21.084s
5 3 Martin Audran BRM FRA 80 108m39.921s 56.852s
6 18 David Vanmullem Brabham FRA 80 108m42.739s 59.670s
7 2 Mickael Taloc Honda FRA 80 108m46.259s 1m03.190s
8 19 camille spada Lotus FRA 78 108m00.543s 2 lap(s)
9 13 JoseLuis Mezcua Brabham SPA 78 108m22.971s 2 lap(s)
10 6 françois potignon Lotus FRA 78 108m33.536s 2 lap(s)
11 20 Reg Burke Cooper AUS 46 63m54.810s 34 lap(s)
12 9 Frederic Gubbels Brabham BEL 32 43m15.994s 48 lap(s)
13 14 Phil Woodward BRM GBR 32 43m39.475s 48 lap(s)
14 10 Iestyn Davies Cooper GBR 13 18m29.690s 67 lap(s)
15 11 Alain Laporte Lotus FRA 0 0m00.000s 80 lap(s)
16 12 Frank Verplanken Eagle ARG 0 0m00.000s 80 lap(s)
17 7 joel sixou Lotus USA 0 0m00.000s 80 lap(s)
18 4 HSO Brabham FRA 0 DidNotStart 80 lap(s)

Race results are unofficial
(Replay might have been saved before end of race)

RACE FASTEST LAPS

Pos Driver Time Lap
1 Bertrand Catroux 1m19.433s 76
2 Sergio Macias 1m19.746s 80
3 Gaizka López C. 1m19.873s 68
4 David Vanmullem 1m19.970s 60
5 Mickael Taloc 1m20.065s 75
6 Antoine deMautor 1m20.078s 73
7 Martin Audran 1m20.118s 77
8 Frederic Gubbels 1m20.332s 28
9 Phil Woodward 1m20.425s 30
10 camille spada 1m20.742s 73
11 Reg Burke 1m21.398s 45
12 JoseLuis Mezcua 1m21.474s 74
13 Iestyn Davies 1m21.613s 6
14 françois potignon 1m21.987s 66
15 joel sixou No time
16 HSO No time
17 Frank Verplanken No time
18 Alain Laporte No time

LEADERS

Driver Laps
Antoine deMautor 1-80

Number of lead changes: 0
Number of leaders: 1

LAPS LED

Driver Laps led
Antoine deMautor 80
Back to top Go down
Mickael Taloc
Rookie
Mickael Taloc

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan 2009 - 23:21

Very tough race for me with many many mistakes. Kyalami was the only place where I had a chance (training for WC) and finally I finished more than 1 minute behind the winner. I will think about the next race where it will be certainly very tough to be competitive (Don't know the track, I've never driven over there)...

However, organization was pretty good and the drivers were very respectful so nothing to say except "Congratulations everyone". Very nice performance from my teammate Gaizka :top: Honda crossed the finish line finally...

And congrats to the Winner Antoine :hello:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan 2009 - 23:23

Great race for me, I took the better start, then was closely followed by Fred during a great number of lap, with the crowd cheering us each time we went through the start finish line in formation, it was feeling great :D

Then unfortunately Fred retired and I had to keep the gap to Bertrand, which went from 14 to 17s, and down to 9s in the end when I was just nursing it to the finish.

Thanks to all the lappers who were very fair-play, and grats to everyone for having made this League-opener such a great race! Very Happy I'm very proud and happy to have won it cheers

See you in 2 weeks @ Brands Hatch! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 0:55

I would sign a result and enjoyment like this for every event race cheers

The start was very clean, I took lot of care giving distance in braking not no crash Martin in front, the front runners were quite packed. So slow that my team mate Iestyn Davies overtook me in the first pass over the main straight. Soon he had back luck and spun in T1 so I recovered the position, then I pushed Martin until lap 17 when finally was able to get his slipstream with my lazy top speed Cooper, allowing me to pass him in T1. Basically my battle was always trying to get the slipstream of the guy in front, the Cooper is nice to drive but so slow in the straights :doh:

Gaizka was about 5 secons in front. It was a surprise for me that I was cutting the gap by about 2-3 tenths per lap... at the end he told me the reason, his engineers well telling him to be careful with the RPM of his Honda because it was getting very hot :aie: I'm very proud of those laps because I drove very constant and fast, already in 20s. Then when I catched him I took a look at fuel consumption and when I did maths and x3 rule my face turned a bit Suspect It was going to be close with fuel. So as there were still about 50 laps I preferred to save fuel then an attack at the end, than reverse. For about 15 laps I did eco mode gearing and builded a bigger margin of +5 liters.

When the time for attack came I pushed him like devil but even with his worries he did not make any mistake and I had to accept 4th place. It was very close to pass him just one time with an unique slipstream, but he braked brilliantly.

Very happy for the exciting race, I was involved in battle for the whole race so none of the 80 laps were boring

Congrats to Antoine for the win and Catroux and Gaizka for that great and worked first podium of the season :top:
Back to top Go down
Iestyn Davies
Rookie
Iestyn Davies

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 3:09

A very interesting first race! bounce

After much build-up to the start, I was concerned that I could not see too far infront or behind on the grid (using prib and old rasters). It'll be a good day when prib is released for the new rasters. Perhaps in the meantime I should consider racing with the new rasters. The way the grid was meant that after a good start from the left side I passed the car infront on the left hand side where there was space. Mikael's Honda I think? After a safe T1 I followed Sergio for the first lap, and managed to pass at T1 on lap 2. The car felt very driveable and I did some mid 21s within a few laps, as I was going a little more aggressively on fuel than Sergio but was confident i could finish on it. By the way, how do you check fuel consumption mid-race? The gauges? I need a bigger monitor to see what they say, as they're blurry on my 15" pale. Didn't see what happened with the L1 incident but found myself behind Martin and Bertrand, kinda wondering what had happened to some of the other drivers. Is there a server replay available?

After a few laps I then braked too late into T1, forgetting I had full tanks, due to staring at the stutter in the groove that was roughly where my braking points were (forgot to regroove this out after qually). Bertrand and Martin were wide in the corner but I was far enough behind that this didn't affect my line. Not too familiar with the high res graphics (installed them today), I thought I was on the edge but got spun by turning on the grass lip. Then, cars were popping up as they passed me so I had to wait for a big gap to rejoin, losing 25 seconds (rasteriser Mad). A few passes and spins later, I lost a tyre in T1, still thinking about how I'd thrown away the chance for a good first result! :doh: Abruptly left for the bowling alley soon after to take out my frustrations. Got 3 strikes into a perfect game before it all went awry. Mirror copy of the race Razz !!

Grats to those who enjoyed the long or short race :hello:, my teamie Sergio for a good Cooper result and of course Antoine for his victory :top:
Brands next you say? A bit of gold cup/brdc trophy? Bring it on! Not done a long race at Brands yet :yaa:
Does that mean I'm in for it though? :langue:! Hahaaaa :rigol:
Back to top Go down
David Vanmullem
Rookie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 10:42

A great race, it was a battle from begining until the end ! 12th at the end of the 1st lap (i had to avoid Alain who made a spin in T5), i had to fight with Micka and Phil who was incredibly fast in his BRM ! After a spin from Micka i couldn't avoid, i bite the grass and Phil passed. Next, i catched Micka again and i saw Martin in the grass. We fighted for the 5th place all the race remaining. It was very exciting!

Grats to Antoine and to all finishers! :hello:
Back to top Go down
Fred Gubbels
Club Driver
Fred Gubbels

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 10:57

Iestyn Davies wrote:
A very interesting first race! bounce

After much build-up to the start, I was concerned that I could not see too far infront or behind on the grid (using prib and old rasters). It'll be a good day when prib is released for the new rasters. Perhaps in the meantime I should consider racing with the new rasters.

Unfortunately the new rastesizers will not solve this issue as the view in multiplayer mode is driven by the bandwidth patch, generally 5 cars in front and 3 cars behind are seen. The new rastesizers will only allow to see all cars with ai, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 11:16

Well done everyone, 10 finishers is a good start for the season Smile Too bad there was that crash in first lap and Phil got disconnected, i'm curious where he would have finish the race Smile

Looking at the results, looks like Gaizka and Sergio were bloody damn fast yesterday Shocked Congrats guys !

Let's hope we'll got gpltv working for Brandy What a Face
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 12:08

Not a great result for me, but a great race with Sergio at the beginning, and with David and Mickael during the last half of the race for the fifth place.
My setup was bad for the race, tyres burned too early, and I made some mistakes...

Congrats to the podium, and all the finishers, especially to Gaizka with his Honda and Sergio with his Cooper, amazing pace cheers

Too bad Phil and JP got disconnected, they could battle for big points.

I'm happy to see ten drivers crossing the line, despite the crash in the first lap pale

Thanks all for coming, and see you at Brands Hatch ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 12:08

Les résultats et le Replay sont disponibles sur le site
Le classement du championnat sera mis à jour dans la journée.

Results and Replay are available on the website
Standing will be updated today.

:hello:
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 15:17

J'ai complètement oublié de remercier JP pour le travail sur l'export :doh:

I forget to thanks JP for the work onthe race report :doh:
Back to top Go down
Camille Spada
Club Driver

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 15:55

:hello: bonne éclate ce 1er gp ! et content d'avoir tenu Very Happy ! au 1er tour , petit carambolage , ou par miracle aprés un vol plané What a Face , je repart sans trop de bobos!! incroyable affraid !! heureusement que ma femme était a la maison, sinon me serais posé des questions Evil or Very Mad !!! puis une course un peu en solitaire ou j'echange ma place et vice versa avec J L Mezcua , pendant quelques tours on s'est bien arsouillé :yaa: , puis j'arrive a prendre le dessus , sans trop de mérite ,avec la lotus...! enfin je remonte assez rapidement sur Potard , qui visiblement a un probleme avec sa lotus , il est pas du genre a se trainer! doute confirmé quand il m'ouvre largement la porte ! encore merci pour ton fairplay Francois :top: et chapeau d'avoir été au bout avec une voiture amoindrie!! et enfin l'arrivée !! ouf j'en suis encore essoufflé :aie: !! merci a tous et vivement la prochaine :hihi: !!!bravo Antoine :champ: , le podium et tous les participants!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tristan Bot
Club Driver
Tristan Bot

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 16:21

salut à tous et bonne année.....moi , je deviens fou ! toujours pas de connection internet après mon déménagement !!!ça va faire un mois !! ...je pète un boulon quand je vois le champ qui démarre sans moi ....BHOUUOUOU § Snif ! snif !......... Martin ! .... je serais là dés que ça marche..... ne m'oublie pas !!! .....je prète mon Eagle, mais faites-y gaffe !....domage , j'étais chaud bouillant et entrainé à souhaits ! ...arf ! las boulasses !.....
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 16:24

bravo Antoine ! :champ:

et content que tout ce soit bien passé pour cette première HSO ! :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 16:32

:hello: Jieffe

Arf pas de chances Tristan Neutral Le bon côté des choses, c'est que les prochaines courses sont Hors championnat, donc pas trop grave encore si tu en loupe une Wink
Back to top Go down
Hervé Sabathé
Club Driver
Hervé Sabathé

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 17:08

bravo les gars et surtout au vainqueur bien sûr.
le plateau est magnifique.
:top:
Back to top Go down
François Potignon
Club Driver
François Potignon

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 18:31

bon départ,ensuite je me fais doubler,normal ils sont plus rapides,puis mauvais rythme trop lent ou j'arrive a chauffer les pneus.franchement meilleur temps en course 1.22 environ,j'étais pas dans le coup.c'était le pilote et pas la voiture qui se trainait.j'arrive au bout mais dernier roulant, pas glorieux :hello:
Back to top Go down
Alain Laporte
Rookie
Alain Laporte

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 18:52

Bravo Antoine :champ: et a tous les finisseurs :top:
et encore désolé pour ma gourde
je retourne m infliger quelques sévices corporelles
Back to top Go down
Bertrand Catroux
Club Driver

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 23:27

Arf, départ raté (désolé Embarassed ) je reste scotché et me retrouve 4eme . Je m'attendais à me faire griller par Antoine, mais là :doh:
ça va durer un moment avant que je me décide à attaquer Gaizka et le doubler.
Du coup les brabs ont filé, 14s de retard sur Fred. Les écarts vont rester stables trop longtemps, jusqu'à l'abandon de Fred.
Je finis le reste du GP en attaquant +, sans espoir de rattrapper Antoine , et cassé de partout :aie:
Bravo à Antoine et à tlm
:hello:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009 - 23:33

Iestyn Davies wrote:

as I was going a little more aggressively on fuel than Sergio but was confident i could finish on it. By the way, how do you check fuel consumption mid-race? The gauges?

Well, I knew I started the race with 156 Liters. By lap 20 it has to be more than 3/4 of 156 Liters. I was looking to the fuel liters indicator and in fact there were exactly 3/4 of that, about 120 L... so it was looking I could run out of fuel by the end of the race. I thought I was going to burn more fuel in the last part of the race, when the car is light and the RPMs go higher faster.

I believe the theory is just inversed, because after I build a margin of spare liters in tank by the middle of the race, for attacking at the end (about 10L plus), in the last 20 laps when I was going with full RPMs duty, the spare liters increased to finish with 14L still in tank...

It's important to deal well with this, when you don't do 100% test races to test fuel consumption and calculate it by maths with short races, you can run out of fuel or finish with 30L in tank which is not the best go as fast as you could :doh:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyalami, January 10th   Kyalami, January 10th - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kyalami, January 10th
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next