Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First impressions about the tracks

Go down 
+2
Esben Tipple
Ludovic Tiengou
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

First impressions about the tracks Empty
PostSubject: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 17:06

I spend my all WE to test the tracks we used this year. There are my impressions.

Suzuka: Great track. I particulary love the esses. There are the key to a good time and the best test for testing the balance of the car. Overtaking will be very difficult I think.

Magny Cours: What an ugly track. Graphically it's not pretty. For race I don't like it at all. I don't understand it and I'll be very slow on it. And the track seems to be rather narrow. At first glance only one spot to overtake (as on the real track).

Jarama: The twickiest and trickiest track of the year. It'll be more difficult to reach the checkered flag there. It'll be hard to master it. But's a rather fun track for his oddity during the season. Overtake...well with many luck there is one point. But his trickiness can push you of the track very easily.

Brands Hatch. I'm found of the tracking. Buit graphically it's rather ugly compaired to the Brands Hatch for GPL. The big problem will be overtaking. It will be difficult at best (Perhaps at Druids?). But what a fun to drive on it.

Donnington: Ugly graphically. It's also the national racetrack shorter and far less interessing. The downhill section remember me of the esses from Suzuka. Seems to have to spot to overtake.

Spa: Only one word: marvellous. Second to none this year on all aspects. Can't wait to drive on it during a race. At least three spots to overtake (La source; Combes and Bus stop.)

Mexico: the shortest of all in lap time. Flat desesparilly flat and insignifiant. I don't like it but I do not dislike it either. It offers many opportunities to overtake yet

My classing:
1.Spa
2.Suzuka
3.Brands Hatch
4.Jarama
5.Donnington
6.Mexico
7.Magny Cours
Back to top Go down
Esben Tipple
Rookie
Esben Tipple

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 17:26

Suzuka: Haven't raced here since the first season of WOSEC in 2005, but I had a quick little test yesterday and it's every bit as challenging as I can remember.

Magny Cours: Another blast from the past, this, and I don't really have any vivid memories of whether I found it awesome or not. Watch this space.

Jarama: Not tried it yet.

Brands Hatch: Ran in the second and final season of WOSEC. Intense, no time for rest, hardly any real overtaking spots. A real challenge.

Donington: Not tried it yet.

Spa: Speaks for itself.

Mexico: Purgatory. The esses are just plain torture. Especially when you've been through them more than a few times during an endurance race!
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 17:45

Suzuka: Love it. Challenging and featuring a wide selection of corners.

Magny-Cours: Don't like it much, but still it's raceable. Quite cool

Jarama: Very twisty and slow, quite nice to drive on the limit though.

Brands: I love it as well, a real blast to drive on, very few overtaking opportunities it's gonna be a hard attrition-race.

Donington: My favourite. Ultra fast sweeping corners all around the place. We'll have to use the national version as it's the only one that has been realeased on NR. I personnaly don't mind at all, as we get rid of the boring last part Smile

Spa: A blast, enough said.

Mexico: my least favourite. Boring and hard on tyres.

So for me it is:

1-Donington
2-Spa
3-Brands
4-Suzuka
5-Magny-Cours
6-Jarama
7-Mexico

Last edited by Antoine de Mautor on Wed 17 Dec 2008 - 5:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008 - 0:44

I just tried some tracks a bit seriously last night and today.

We (Antoine, Martin and me) were lapping in 57s at Donington. The track is fun and not that ugly. But it's very intense, you always have to stay focused, very hard race to come here for sure. And the track is narrow, it will be hard to deal with traffic Smile

Jarama, another hard track lots of slow turns, and the Toyota doesn't really like them. Quite strange when you drive on it for the first laps, but finally it's pretty challenging and has a nice flow. My best lap was 1'22'3, but I think I can hit 1'20 in a good lap.

Mexico, flat, boring, but it's very wide and should provide a good race Smile
Very safe track, lots of people should see the checkered flag there. My best lap was 1'10'8.

I tried Suzuka too, but my best lap is so miserable that I won't say it until I improve it by 4 or 5 seconds :aie:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008 - 5:14

Gave a further try to Magny-Cours last night and actually had great fun. Ok the track is extremly narrow, but it's challenging and should provide some great racing if people train a little before the race... My best was a 1.29.6 but there must be room for much improvement
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008 - 16:09

Well I'm not so far behind at Mexico. I've done 1.11.6 at Mexico with a car far from perfect in setting.
For the other race tracks..well I've no time worth of anything at Jarama, Donnigton, Magny Cours or Mexico

My other time is at Suzuka with a PB at 1.55.8. So I guess our aliens will be in 1.54-1.53 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008 - 16:12

Hmm I believe that Antoine did 1'51 :jp:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008 - 16:23

yeah, and Damian will be under 1.50 for sure!
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008 - 16:29

Bloody Alien whose detroyed anyone hope Very Happy How could I go as fast as that :doh: . Well that's endurance test. Being faster never means winning at the end (one make himself easy as he can to see a podium during the season :D )
Back to top Go down
Emmanuel Soriano
Club Driver

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 11:16

Sorry for you Ludo.
They go fast,
and they NEVER make any mistakes. pale
NEVER !
Eventually, if needed, they go even more faster :hihi:

No chance for us. :frank:

(I make also 1'55"7 with my sauber .but, i am just at the beginning of the training. I will probably race in 1'53"-1'54". We will see)

Edit : 1'52"9 yesterday . I keep on discovering the shifter effect on my lap time. :clap: It could be interesting with a setup adapted to me :hihi:

Last edited by Emmanuel Soriano on Fri 19 Dec 2008 - 8:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 11:53

Well Manu they sometimes (it's unusual but it happens) do mistakes. I've won at the Ring this year in Cups because two aliens made one mistake each which take them out of race.
So we can pray and hope during the race :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 13:12

I did some laps at Suzuka with my Mazda. Best of 51.3, but there's a lot of room for improvement. A sub 50 isn't impossible.

EDIT: 49.6. There is a lot in it left.

Last edited by Nick van der Voort on Thu 18 Dec 2008 - 18:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emmanuel Soriano
Club Driver

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008 - 14:07

The model of the track Suzuka is not so bad. The elevations are well done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smx-4fW4tH4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FHaMa4HReo

for fun :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5HS9qnMhk&feature=related

The best one :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8-zbfdPfRg&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Eric Campillo
Club Driver
Eric Campillo

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2008 - 18:34

Mon temps au Suzuka ave le C9 est 1.55.234,top lent au comparasion avec les temps que j´ai regardez pour ici Rolling Eyes

My best time at Suzuka with C9 is 1.55.234,very slow in comparision with I´ve seen around here Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Eric Campillo
Club Driver
Eric Campillo

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2008 - 19:35

Now..with a new setup (thanks Esbe) my new lap record is...1.53.526 :yaa:

I wish you a happy new year 2009 from Spain :top:
Feliz año 2009 a todos :hello:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan 2009 - 22:48

Totaly out of reach of anybody. I'm not better than 1.54.5. Sounds not very good for finding some interests in race with all jets drivers here
Back to top Go down
Esben Tipple
Rookie
Esben Tipple

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan 2009 - 23:57

Could you upload a replay of your quickest lap? I'm sure I could give you some pointers Smile
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2009 - 0:00

Yeah don't give up Ludo, learning GTP can be tough but it's very rewarding when you get it right!! 8)
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2009 - 9:27

I never keep a trace of my laps Esben. So it will be difficult for me to send it to you :D
Back to top Go down
Esben Tipple
Rookie
Esben Tipple

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2009 - 15:18

Save your next PB Wink
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2009 - 15:23

I've to learn how :D I've never saved any PB ever. Just hope I don't forget to do it next time
Back to top Go down
Eric Campillo
Club Driver
Eric Campillo

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2009 - 20:18

New lap record with C9: 1.53.073 :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2009 - 20:20

Nice improvements, I am sure you can brake into the 52s or even the 51s Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First impressions about the tracks   First impressions about the tracks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First impressions about the tracks
Page 1 of 1