Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]

Go down 
+16
Pierre Pfleger
Vincent Beretta
Carl Larrad
Gérard Ryon
Yannick Lampure
Sasha Sosnowski
Yves Plaçais
Carlo Pozzi
Ludovic Tiengou
Patrick Marucco
Ben Paulet
Tiago Malafaya
Antoine de Mautor
Guillaume Siebert
Franck Tripey
Frank Verplanken
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chris Lai
Rookie

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2010 - 15:53

Je signe présent
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2010 - 17:28

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
:top:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2010 - 19:31

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Tiago Malafaya wrote:

:D Sorry mate Wink
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 10:13

Présent Wink
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 12:31

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Tiago Malafaya wrote:

:D Sorry mate Wink

:D
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 16:46

Finalement absent ce soir, désolé Sad
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 18:52

Server launched / serveur lancé, pass : hso80
:frank:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 21:18

--> EXPORT <--
--> REPLAY <--

:frank:
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 21:21

Best result in this champ :second: , i've finally learned how to drive this car, but it's already over Sad

Did a fantastic qualy lap, but wasted all the work i've made to be on the 1st row of the grid with another bad start, lost 3 places and in the first 2-3 laps i was struggling to find the rhythm, then i passed Tiago on the outside of Villeneuve and closed 4 seconds gap to Sasha, he spun at the exit of last corner and i was through.
Then i tried to catch Martin in the lead, i was a bit faster and closed down to 2.5 secs, but i had to give up with 5 laps to go when the rear tyres started to worn out and i settled down to finish 2nd, enough to keep 3rd place in the standings

Grats Martin for the race win and to Sasha for becoming champion! :first:

Thanks to HSO and to all the drivers participating in this championship and see you next time!!
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 21:25

Congrats Sasha for the championship win :top:
Honnestly that was for me by far the worst track of the season with this mod. The car was jumping all around the place on the chicanes, going through them fast was like flipping a coin each time, I did not know if I was going to get out alive or not. So after my crash in lap 2 or 3, I just slowed down dramaticaly, secretly wishing something would happen to Sasha (yeh I know that's bad :jp: ), which did not happen, so well done Wink

Anyway, 3 series are now over, with 3 different champions, I think that's pretty cool it tells how competitive the league has become. :conduit:

Still, happy this one was the last with this mod, I never really got to grip with it. But that was a great series, I'm glad it had much more success than last year, thank to all the drivers for making it possible :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 22:01

Thanks to Frank and all who made the series possible, was a very entertaining championship. Congrats to Martin on the race win, quick as always, no matter the circuit; congrats to Carlo for a great race, well done and thanks to Gui for being a great championship rival.

Same feelings as Gui for me with this track, I just don't understand how Carlo and Martin could tolerate the bumps, they were really killing me, tossing me around like a doll. I also ran in to traffic as is quite often for me in qualifying so I started behind all the main guys, including Gui. I knew my start was important.

Luckily I had a very good start and made it up to second, hoping to build up a gap and just maintain to the end. I really believed the start was going to be everything and I'm glad it went well. Afterwards I had hopes to hold back Carlo but I just kissed the grass on the last corner with the left rear and the stupid thing lost a little control. After that my next BIG scare came when my PC black screened for about 2 seconds, luckily at the start finish so I was going straight. I reappeared in between Tiago and JP (sorry to the two of you if it scared you) but I got back by Tiago and cruised home.

I'm happy to win a title, albeit a little disappointed I could not garner at least one more win. But I guess that's down to me because looking overall my best two chances I botched on my own (Brands I jumped start, and I didn't prepare well for the tyre stop in Austria), so luckily I was consistent all season and that helped me win the title, for which I'm very pleased to accept! :first: cheers :champ:

Thanks again to all the competitors for a good season, looking forward to battling it out in my new BMW during the coming DTM season.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 22:19

C'était un très beau championnat. Merci Frank, merci HSO :top:
Honnêtement, je n'ai pas compris grand-chose à la voiture mais je me suis bien amusé. Comme ce soir par exemple, avec Gérard. On a fait presque toute la course ensemble, il a été un poil meilleur sur les chicanes et ça a fait la différence.

Bravo Sascha :first:
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 23:20

A great championship that's for sure. I never got comfortable with these cars but they sure have a lot of potential with a few minor tweaks in the physics.

This track really sucks (Yes, I was jumping around too) and the car was a bit slow in the final chicane.

Congrats to Sasha for the title and Carlo for the great race. I don't congratulate Martin because I'm still trying to understand how can he go fast with these cars :D
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 7:41

SORRY I could not make it something came up its called the "WIFE" lol!

I Think this season on the whole has been a great success
nice to see a new very worthy champion ........ :drink:

Nice to see a much healthier field of cars than last year as well ...

The physics where done by the guys from GSMF who made the DTM and Lupo mod
I Wish i could change the physics for the mod but i would not know where to start there
are parts of the cars handling that really annoy me ... scratch

I have enjoyed this season as i have had some nice close races
although i cant for the life of me think how Martin was so much quicker
hes like Pierre in F1 79 Unbeleivably Fast :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 7:46

Félicitations à Martin pour sa victoire, Sasha pour le titre et Frank pour l'organisation :top:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 11:19

Let me renew my congratulations to Sasha for the title :clap: :top: !

Many thanks to you all for making this champ such a nice one. I'm very happy with the turnout, with all races having at least 15 starters. The racing was excellent and it was nice to see the fight for the title go down to the wire.

I think the 1980 schedule was very nice, with tracks like Brands Hatch where it really was a blast to drive those beasts.

I'm still a big fan of this mod, even though the cars are way faster than the original real life Procars. I agree it could be bettered on some aspects, particularly the feedback in the steering at low speed which is virtually non-existent. We could also fix a few things like adding different gearbox ratios and slow the cars to more realistic Procar values. Maybe I'll get to do it this summer for another championship in 2011.

In the meantime thanks to all for participating in the series :top: ! Thanks to Carlos Larrados for providing us some exclusive skins Cool ! And thanks to Gui too for subbing on the admin side when my hectic life and shitty PC played tricks on me :biggrin: !
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 11:25

Encore bravo à Sasha pour son titre :clap: :top: !

Merci à tous d'avoir fait de ce champ la belle série qu'il fut. Je suis particulièrement content de l'assiduité des pilotes, nous n'avons jamais été moins de 15 au départ. Au niveau racing ce fut un très beau championnat, plein de belles bastons et avec un titre qui se joua dans la dernière course.

J'ai beaucoup aimé le calendrier 1980, avec des tracks vraiment excellent pour ces bestioles, comme Brands Hatch par exemple.

Je reste un grand fan de ce mod, même si il est vrai que les voitures sont beaucoup trop performantes par rapport aux vraies Procar de l'époque. C'est vrai qu'il mériterait d'être amélioré, notamment au niveau des sensations dans le volant à basse vitesse qui sont virtuellement inexistantes. On pourrait également ralentir les voitures pour les rapprocher des vraies performances des engins de l'époque, rajouter des ponts, ...etc. Autant de choses que je ferais peut-être durant l'été en vue d'un champ 2011 Smile .

En attendant, encore merci à tous d'avoir participé avec assiduité et brio au championnat :top: ! Merci aussi à Carlos Larrados pour nous avoir offert des skins inédites Cool ! Et aussi à Gui pour avoir pris le relais niveau admin quand ma vie mouvementée et mon PC fatigué m'empêchèrent d'assumer mes responsabilités :biggrin: !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]   Round 9 : Imola [May 5th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 9 : Imola [May 5th]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2