Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours

Go down 
+23
Stewart Amos
Sasha Sosnowski
Brad Otto
Hervé Sabathé
Matt Watkins
Carl Larrad
Doug Tevik
Alessandro Milano Rossini
Kevin Lewis
Bill Yarbrough
Thomas Cazorla
Andre Lagunzad
Guy Pitra
Texas Nation
Bruno Goujon
Jim Ray
Brendan Kaczmarek
Jerry Foehrkolb
Milt Minter Jr
Alex Shurikus
Frank Verplanken
Guillaume Siebert
Antoine de Mautor
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 15:29

Milt Minter Jr wrote:

I don't think that was me...But if so,Sorrys...

Oops, my bad, it was the car in front of you.
https://2img.net/image.noelshack.com/uploads/images/6889909840110_hso2010gtpdaytonar1.jpg

Oh well, horrific crash behind me between Alessandro and Guy affraid
https://2img.net/image.noelshack.com/uploads/images/11606726191302_hso2010gtpdaytonar14.jpg

Je me suis aperçu que j'avais quelques fois coupé la chicane (4 pneus dans l'herbe), mais je n'ai pas fait de bons temps à chaque fois que c'est arrivé je crois. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Club Driver

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 16:12

Thomas Cazorla wrote:
Milt Minter Jr wrote:

I don't think that was me...But if so,Sorrys...

Oops, my bad, it was the car in front of you.
https://2img.net/image.noelshack.com/uploads/images/6889909840110_hso2010gtpdaytonar1.jpg

Oh well, horrific crash behind me between Alessandro and Guy affraid
https://2img.net/image.noelshack.com/uploads/images/11606726191302_hso2010gtpdaytonar14.jpg

Je me suis aperçu que j'avais quelques fois coupé la chicane (4 pneus dans l'herbe), mais je n'ai pas fait de bons temps à chaque fois que c'est arrivé je crois. Embarassed

After reviewing the incident between me and Guy, it seems that I got it wrong in the turn instead of going to quickly Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 20:36

Well an intense learning experience for my first GTP race. Can't say I'm too disappointed as I was on the podium, but there is some figuring out I need to do, namely with the force feedback.

Qualifying was a bit of a shame as I played it out wrong and tried to ease my engine to last for an all out third lap but spoiled the third lap and didn't post a lap I could have had I gone all out on the second lap. Third wasn't too bad however.

Race start and Gui overshot and I was there chasing Damian who I felt I could run with at that time, but on lap 3 I had my first problem as I overshifted and got neutral sending the car around, which was a disappointment as I'm still used to being able to quickly double down-shift in rF, but in NR03 sometimes it doesn't go through and I then overcompensated. After that I made back up some places as would be the case many times afterwards. My main problem that led to many spins throughout the race was my inability to feel the difference of a simple bump in the road or the car completely losing it, leading me to not be able to save the car any time I really wanted to gun it. I had to memorize exactly where certain feelings were a bump or me losing the car to avoid it in the future, which made it frustrating when you actually wanted to drive close to the limit, as race car drivers are supposed to do. The wheel wouldn't give me the progressive feeling I needed to know the car is settled/unsettled any differently then if I'm just running in a straight line over a bump. If anyone has some advice for a Logitech Driving Force GT in terms of actually feeling when the car steps out, it would be appreciated. I race NR2003 for NASCAR purposes and have the force set up there well but it's quite different when running these things.

In general the race was phenomenal, really intense and involving, really felt like an enduro with all the changes and development up front. I was running second when the race fell into my lap following Damian's retirement and I was feeling quite good as my car was very capable, but those spins really cost me time and Bill was really strong. I could have taken the fight to him if I could feel as much as I wanted to out of the steering. Racing with the veterans (Bill and Jim) was a pleasant experience and it really added to the quality of the race. Only problem is the warping of cars that I think is here from the age of the sim, and sometimes I felt bad when I made accidental contact during great battles purely because their car was in one place and would not be completely smooth moving next to me making it hard to judge really close passes or close running.

Lap traffic was generally okay, but there were a few drivers who annoyingly did not respond to the slow cars LOW rule, and made lapping them unpredictable as well as their general deciding when to slow right away (where it may have been smarter) or just trying to make it to the next corner. My one incident ended up costing me second place racing Antoine hard (who was one of my main contenders all race, someone I had a lot of intense fun racing against) coming into T1 he was let through by a backmarker that then was in my way once I had completely committed to full braking and the line and could not avoid him. Towards the end I began catching Antoine by nice margins and was virtually right behind with just 2 to go and was hoping to at least have a close finish for the race's sake but made a really dumb decision to quickly check my tyre wear (as I decided to double stint the tyres on the last stint) and missed my braking point into the last turn of the infield section, hit the tyres and gave Antoine his gap back.

So third in my first GTP race is nice all things considered although I am once more thinking of what might have been. If I can get this FF sorted for this mod then I eagerly look forward to an intense season. The experience was great. All in all though it was a learning experience and I hope to be more aware of how to really race now with this sim/mod for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 21:25

Np Thomas...Great race You two..Sasha,I think most of us do not use FFB with GTP because it creates oversteer..I have a sidewinder and just have the tention on..Fine run,nonetheless!Gonna be a great season! :frank:
Back to top Go down
Club Driver

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 22:13

I think St Petersburg will be a much better race for me. I enjoy and am better at the slower tracks......apart from Watkins Glen Wink
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 22:31

Milt Minter Jr wrote:
Np Thomas...Great race You two..Sasha,I think most of us do not use FFB with GTP because it creates oversteer..I have a sidewinder and just have the tention on..Fine run,nonetheless!Gonna be a great season! :frank:

ah interesting. did not know that, but sure experienced it!
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 23:47

I use FFB with my G25, exactly same settings as nascar mods, and exactly same feeling. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 3:25

Thomas Cazorla wrote:
I use FFB with my G25, exactly same settings as nascar mods, and exactly same feeling. Smile

will try that thank you!
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 23:38

What a race !

After a decent qualy I started 6th and managed to climb up to 2nd in a few laps. Then battled a lot with Jim, Bill and Sasha. Sasha was the fastest of the lot but made a few mistakes. I really loved my race-long battle with you! Bill was very consistent and grabbed the lead after Damian's retirement, and never looked back. Amazing performance, well done! :top:

My strategy was good but sometimes my pace was not as good as it should have been. Had a hard time trying to catch Milt (sorry about the wee bump by the way mate, misunderstanding I guess :doh:), finally managed to do so, then Jim went backward for some reason, and it left me and Sasha in a fierce battle for 2nd place which I finally won! Nice !

I was absolutely delighted by the on-track behaviour of most drivers, very safe and clean guys! Was disapointed though that Brendan couldn't make it, hope your connexion won't fuck it up next time !

Bravo à Hervé pour la victoire en Lights, j'espère que tu pourras venir défendre ton leadership lors des prochaines courses Wink

See you in two weeks time, hopefully on Brendan's West Palm Beach !!
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010 - 0:09

Yep..NP Antoine..You also drove a fine race!Can't wait for the next one! :second:
Back to top Go down
Jim Ray
Club Driver
Jim Ray

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010 - 20:31

Good race guys. Due to time contstraints we will not be able to do a re-broadcast. Thanks to HSO for hosting the event and the replay for us all to see.

I qualified better then expected and ran a good first tank but pit stop #1 cost me about 4-5 seconds. Came it too slow and still overshot the stall. Damian blew up handing it over to Bill and I with Antoine and Sasha in hot pursuit. Tough luck D. I lost 2nd gear early on and spent a lot of time letting you guys go by. Some more than others as you gave me the spot back by spinning. Cool My style costs me some time but helps me to not get spun becuase I simply do not drive as hard as others. My only contact was after letting Sasha go by again and then he spun getting on the banking. I could not avoid him and over and over I went. Landed on it's wheels and continued a little bit worse for wear. Pit stop #2 allowed me to make a REAL pitsop becuase I had to go. Milt got by at that point but he was as fast in a lesser car before my gears and damage. So no harm in finishing the race without using a bottle. Finished the last 1/3 of the race with Kevin a lap or so behind me or so, so I continued with my 24 hour pace. lol!

Congratulations to Bill Yarbrough. Like Milt said, he is fairly new to road racing and has caught on quite quick. :drink:

Looking forward to next time at St. Pete.

Antoine, if you could break down the points on this first race, it might help everyone understand how it works in this series. Thanks. Fastest lap, laps led, etc? Like how I ended up with 9 points rather than 8?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fsbracing.com/gtp.html
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010 - 20:45

As said in an update of the rules :

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
A few tweaks have been made to the rules, in order to get closer to the actual 1991 Camel GT Season :

- The Daytona event having had its length reduced from 24hrs to 3hrs, the Bonus points for this race is now ONE instead of EIGHT.

So basically every point scorers got one point more than usual! Gui got the pole, Damian FL and Bill got the MLL bonus Wink
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Jim Ray
Club Driver
Jim Ray

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010 - 0:02

10-4. Thank you sir.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fsbracing.com/gtp.html
Guy Pitra
Rookie
Guy Pitra

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010 - 0:36

Nice pictures of my flight. Next time you guys want me to check the
lights in the SUNOCO sign I want a ladder. By the way we need a couple
new bulbs!!!! lol! See you at the next track. G
Back to top Go down
Larry Krupp
Rookie
Larry Krupp

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010 - 20:16

I am still in Hawaii Antoine but I will be back before the next race. Sad
Please do not remove me from the roster.
Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hervé Sabathé
Club Driver
Hervé Sabathé

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010 - 20:41

Absent:-(
Piscine avec ma fille à cette heure là :-(
Je ne pourrai vraissemblablement rouler que pendant les vacances scolaires
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours   Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 : Daytona 3 Hours
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4