Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

rFactor2 official Multiplayer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

rFactor2 official Multiplayer Empty
PostSubject: rFactor2 official Multiplayer   rFactor2 official Multiplayer Icon_minitimeWed 11 Oct 2023 - 8:55

Hi guys,

rF2 finally has an official built-in multiplayer. Daily races for rookies and more experienced drivers, special events, driver and safety rankings, etc. Basically what iRacing has. There are BMW M2, F4 and Radicals running on short tracks. I've done eight races so far and I'm delighted. Quality of racing is brilliant, as it puts you on track with similar kind of guys, people behave because they don't want to lose their rating, battles are close thanks to rF2 netcode and the whole thing just feels very good in general. There are 100+ people registered for each race and it's still just a public beta. This is very, very promissing. Just download the beta and give it a try.

Darren Andrews likes this post

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 official Multiplayer   rFactor2 official Multiplayer Icon_minitimeWed 11 Oct 2023 - 11:03

rFactor2 official Multiplayer 391720261_710289087793750_8980022231952849186_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p960x960&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=HIt2S60Qb2AAX9MjpW-&_nc_ht=scontent-muc2-1

Back to top Go down
Niklas Kirsten
Rookie

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2023-01-25

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 official Multiplayer   rFactor2 official Multiplayer Icon_minitimeFri 13 Oct 2023 - 22:04

Thanks for the info, Petr. Sounds good. I will surely try it, probably the week after Goodwood.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 official Multiplayer   rFactor2 official Multiplayer Icon_minitimeTue 31 Oct 2023 - 13:15

I've done 23 races so far. I'm currently Bronze 3 Driver and Silver 2 Safety ranking. I must say it's been brilliant. Racing is extremely intense, yet mostly clean. I thought that 15 minutes sprints in modern cars is nothing for me, but it definitely is a nice change after doing 2hr endurance with our vintage boats Smile Obviously, rF2 brought this feature to boost their sales of DLC cars and tracks, so if you want to move to higher level of competition, you need those. But as I've been involved in modern GT endurance racing for 4+ years, I already own a lot of it, anyway. Regarding content and schedule - I thought it would take a long time to bring some vintage racing, as it's not mainstream. But the current week already has the old Mini on the list. I guess I spend a bit too much time in the cockpit nowadays (and WRC 2023 was pre-released today, oooof), but I'm having tons of fun. Unlike my wife... :D Anyway, here's the schedule for this week. Jumping between the public beta and regular version of the game needed for HSO is super easy and can be done in some two minutes. I can't wait for future, rF2 has finally made a massive step forward

rFactor2 official Multiplayer 398143592_721849356637723_1366577756098679593_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=MZ4RmAC1Be4AX-GYFsX&_nc_ht=scontent-muc2-1

Back to top Go down
Darren Andrews
Club Driver
Darren Andrews

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2022-10-21

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 official Multiplayer   rFactor2 official Multiplayer Icon_minitimeTue 31 Oct 2023 - 15:10

Petr Hlavac wrote:
I've done 23 races so far. I'm currently Bronze 3 Driver and Silver 2 Safety ranking. I must say it's been brilliant. Racing is extremely intense, yet mostly clean. I thought that 15 minutes sprints in modern cars is nothing for me, but it definitely is a nice change after doing 2hr endurance with our vintage boats Smile Obviously, rF2 brought this feature to boost their sales of DLC cars and tracks, so if you want to move to higher level of competition, you need those. But as I've been involved in modern GT endurance racing for 4+ years, I already own a lot of it, anyway. Regarding content and schedule - I thought it would take a long time to bring some vintage racing, as it's not mainstream. But the current week already has the old Mini on the list. I guess I spend a bit too much time in the cockpit nowadays (and WRC 2023 was pre-released today, oooof), but I'm having tons of fun. Unlike my wife... :D Anyway, here's the schedule for this week. Jumping between the public beta and regular version of the game needed for HSO is super easy and can be done in some two minutes. I can't wait for future, rF2 has finally made a massive step forward
I'm definitely gonna get into this once it is moved out of beta!
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 official Multiplayer   rFactor2 official Multiplayer Icon_minitimeTue 31 Oct 2023 - 15:29

Darren Andrews wrote:
I'm definitely gonna get into this once it is moved out of beta!

I started early to move up the rankings before everybody goes online after official release. I think it will be quite a shitstorm with all the newbies. But as I wrote, having "Silver Safety" level pretty much guarantees very good racing already. But then...10 THOUSAND people subscribed for the beta already and from what I see (based on number of entries in laptime charts) there could be approx 2,5 - 3k active users. So it's not like there are 200 enthusiasts, it's a real thing even in this stage.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 official Multiplayer   rFactor2 official Multiplayer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rFactor2 official Multiplayer
Page 1 of 1