Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HSO member statistics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

HSO member statistics Empty
PostSubject: HSO member statistics   HSO member statistics Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2023 - 18:21

Are all our stats on the HSO lost?
It was a fantastic and historic landmark.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: HSO member statistics   HSO member statistics Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2023 - 20:04

Yes unfortunately they are Sad

It was all linked to the HSO website that Gui had created. But its code is now outdated and cannot be hosted online anymore. It would be a lot of work to update it or create a new one and Gui is too busy to even begin to think about it.

Apart if there is a volunteer with HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, etc skills to do it, I don't think we'll ever get the site back online again. So no more stats displayed in the forum signature either Neutral

The Internet Archive does have some bits displayed for those who feel nostalgic :papy: Laughing

Last edited by Frank Verplanken on Tue 17 Jan 2023 - 20:07; edited 1 time in total

Bruno Chacon likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: HSO member statistics   HSO member statistics Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2023 - 20:06

Just to be clear : all the data used to make the stats is not lost though, we still have all the replays, xml results files and customs results files from all HSO events, but the means to display them online in one big database and the ability to extract stats out of them are not here anymore Wink.

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: HSO member statistics   HSO member statistics Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2023 - 23:25

Nothing has been lost, I made a backup copy of everything before shutting down the website so it could brought back to life if needed Wink
The code is outdated indeed but I don't think it's impossible to host and run it. All it needs is a web hosting provider so I can put the code back online somewhere and inject all the data I saved to get the website running in the same state before it was shut down. But that takes time, and money of course.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: HSO member statistics   HSO member statistics Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2023 - 23:36

Ah wow I had not understood it that way ! I thought even hosting it as is wasn't possible anymore.

I guess we can hope to have it back online sometime in the future then ? Provided we manage to get an host for it of course.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: HSO member statistics   HSO member statistics Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2023 - 23:48

Our last provider charged us an extra fee because we were running an old version of PHP but it was working, I would have to check but it may still be possible now.

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: HSO member statistics   HSO member statistics Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2023 - 23:58

Cool ! From what I remember when it was last up it was not possible anymore to use the automated feature that converted .xml files into results pages for the site, but we have a work around that so it's all good. And even so, just to have the old results back online would be great anyway Smile.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: HSO member statistics   HSO member statistics Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2023 - 4:22

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Ah wow I had not understood it that way ! I thought even hosting it as is wasn't possible anymore.

I guess we can hope to have it back online sometime in the future then ? Provided we manage to get an host for it of course.
HSO member statistics Helo-fish-

Jokes aside, I'd be more than happy to have us all look into the possibility of hosting the website again through the CMH Server! If it's possible and we can make it work, I think it would be very popular to go for it.

Frank Verplanken likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: HSO member statistics   HSO member statistics Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2023 - 12:58

I have no clue about the technical requirements so will leave Gui to address that, but thanks for the offer :top:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: HSO member statistics   HSO member statistics Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2023 - 13:50

Well as i said i'm open for anything.

Maybe just need to make sure that the code could get adapted to only read HSO result files because, as you know, CMH and P4OW (only CMH actively as of now) also run from the same server PC. Heck, maybe we can have a similar "stats" feature for CMH too? Would be really dope to have on the website!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HSO member statistics   HSO member statistics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HSO member statistics
Page 1 of 1