Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]

Go down 
+19
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Andre Cunha
Steve Parker
Jan Kowalski
Gérard Ryon
Adam Hackman
Vaclav Burda
Florkin Marc
Greg Hunt
Honza Mild
Karel Marciniszyn
Claudio Navonne
Mario Gassner
Bruno Chacon
Frank Verplanken
David Jundt
Dan Faas
Vladislav Zenkov
Mike Becnel
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 18:51

Dan Faas wrote:
Another new guy question, I know this race won't count for season points, but would it count towards HSO stats? In other words, will I have stats after this race?

I am not sure but I can tell you it won't immediately show up as a race until after we get the code set on the HSO site for rf2.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 19:07

Dan Faas wrote:
Another new guy question, I know this race won't count for season points, but would it count towards HSO stats? In other words, will I have stats after this race?

Yes like Mike said once the results are up on the site (just a few minutes after the race, usually) you will be in the HSO database. See this post to have your stats appear in your signature Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 19:13

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Dan Faas wrote:

Yes like Mike said once the results are up on the site (just a few minutes after the race, usually) you will be in the HSO database. See this post to have your stats appear in your signature Wink.
I don't understand, where I can find my Driver ID for that?
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 19:18

You will find your ID in the address of your driver page here once it is created by the site, i.e. once the results of tonight's race are up Wink
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 19:53

Race server launched, pass : hso79 Wink
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 20:02

I am sorry, bad cold hits me, so I am not able to drive tonight :-(
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 20:13

be there soon, first time with rFactor2 for me, when joining the server the game seems to load all 1979 tracks
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 20:16

Jan Kowalski wrote:
be there soon, first time with rFactor2 for me, when joining the server the game seems to load all 1979 tracks

Yes that's how it works with rF2 - we have created a package with all the season's tracks, it is merged with the mod (cars). You download it all first time you connect on the server and you are set for the year Wink.
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 20:45

Georgy Koltsov will not be able to take part in today's race. He apologizes.
Back to top Go down
Dan Faas
Club Driver
Dan Faas

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2019-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 21:32

Seemed like a very Renault type of performance for me at Imola. I started 5th on the grid, and due to a small graphics hiccup on lap 1 had to limp back to the pits to repair my front wing. After leaving the pits at full tilt to try to make it back around I blew the engine less than a lap later. Not sure what I did, although I imagine it was mishifting to blame. hopefully round 1 I'll make it more than 3 laps!
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 21:51

engine blow up pale pale scratch
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:31

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Jan Kowalski wrote:

Yes that's how it works with rF2 - we have created a package with all the season's tracks, it is merged with the mod (cars). You download it all first time you connect on the server and you are set for the year Wink.

does this mean we did not need to DL the 1988 mod seperately?
Im starting to get squeezed for HD space :spy:
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:33

Thank you very much for race!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:34

You might as well download it early but anything that is different then server version will be replaced when you log in.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:34

grats to P1 and 2 and all in finish :champ:

i end the race on one set of softs and 0,5l left in tank, in few last laps i was very easy on throthle to save some fuel

only bad point FF tryed destroy my wheel and call neigbours (ratling vibrations maybe from flats spots mainyl on higher speeds , and i thing i didnt brake too much , no matter how in Qq or practice always after 4th lap started this wheel destroyer
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:39

I will consider my first race on Rfactor2 reasonable.
I started with great caution and started gaining positions with the mistakes and withdrawals of others.
I was in 6 position dueling with Greg Hunt who was in seventh until he tried to overtake the S that give access to the pit straight. It would be impossible to pass this curve, there is only room for one car. Wolf hit my Brabham's right rear suspension hard, seriously damaging it, as the car started to come out a lot with the rear and that made my pace drop between 2 to 3 seconds per lap.
With this problem, when trying to improve my pace, 3 times I lost my car while braking, without major damage besides leaving the track and having to return carefully.
Congratulations to Vladislav for his first victory at HSO.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:39

Nice driving by the top 4 as they lapped me. Also props to the cars that went off track and waited for others to pass before rejoining. I had a bad spin somewhere around lap 4 and overheated the rear tires. Spun again and beached on a curb for a good 30 seconds. From then on I was near last on track making only vulture passes. I did have fun chasing someone down but they eventually ate the turn 1 curve. Grats to Vlad for a dominant run.

Love this track but I have got to get my consistency back. :conduit:

Sorry to our esteemed announcer Timo who I impolitely kicked from the server due to a complete brain fart not recognizing him. >

Someone ended up in the pits and could not leave. I will look into why that happened and how I can release you in the race.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:44

Nice one Vladislav, dominant drive :top: good job all finishers :top: .

The site is having troubles digesting its first rF2 results files it seems, doesn't like change much I'm afraid :/. We're working on it, in the meantime provisional results can be grabbed here Wink.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:51

Impossible to beat Vlad in that car tonight. He's a second quicker each lap(our fastest laps were actually about 1.1s apart). I tried softs at the start to have a better entry to the race(well, I jumped Gerard into Tosa), but it wasn't gonna work against a works Lotus. I tried pushing him, but it seemed like he could take a cool lap and then throw another quick one in.

I see him win all races like that, driving at WSCC(CFEG) for VRC.One I already knew he was fast :D

I tried to nab FL for me, but had to pit a bit earlier because my G27 had turned into a steamhammer once again after a lock-up, so pitted for fresh tyres.

Too early, as Vlad left no breadcrumbs on the table for anyone else lol!

Sorry to Greg, he jumped more or less through both chicanes and when I went left to avoid him at the exit of the second one, he spun across my nose.

There was some warp-alg on the server, so I couldn't tell if there was contact or not Sad

Car handles OK, but it's still missing a bit of anything. Don't think I can unlock a lot more, can only stay consistent and see if those ahead of me make a mistake.

Last edited by David Jundt on Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:51

Thank you all for your congratulations! :first:

The race was quite simple, the main thing was not to lose concentration. There's nothing to tell  Very Happy

On lap 30, David Jundt stopped for the pit-stop and took fastest lap from me on fresh tyres. I also had to pit-stop to get it back and take the Grand chelem. Wink

Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:55

See, too easy Razz

So you were on softs if you had to pit aswell, I guess...

Although I killed mine when I braked too hard at the run towards Tosa. From that point on, it got annoying to drive Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:55

David Jundt wrote:
Impossible to beat Vlad in that car tonight. He's a second quicker each lap(our fastest laps were actually about 1.1s apart). I tried softs at the start to have a better entry to the race(well, I jumped Gerard into Tosa), but it wasn't gonna work against a works Lotus. I tried pushing him, but it seemed like he could take a cool lap and then throw another quick one in.

I see him win all races like that, driving at WSCC(CFEG) for VRC.One I already knew he was fast :D

I tried to nab FL for me, but had to pit a bit earlier because my G27 had turned into a steamhammer once again after a lock-up, so pitted for fresh tyres.

Too early, as Vlad left no breadcrumbs on the table for anyone else lol!

Sorry to Greg, he jumped more or less through both chicanes and when I went left to avoid him at the exit of the second one, he spun across my nose.

There was some warp-alg on the server, so I couldn't tell if there was contact or not Sad

Car handles OK, but it's still missing a bit of anything. Don't think I can unlock a lot more, can only stay consistent and see if those ahead of me make a mistake.

I have a lot of experience in rFactor 2. As I understand, rFactor 2 is new thing for HSO. I think that's why I have an advantage.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:56

In that case, I should have even more experience! Wasn't enough though, I noticed :D
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 22:58

David Jundt wrote:
See, too easy Razz

So you were on softs if you had to pit aswell, I guess...

Although I killed mine when I braked too hard at the run towards Tosa. From that point on, it got annoying to drive Rolling Eyes

I wanted to ran the whole race on Soft. I didn't even think about pit-stop until you made it and took the fastest lap. The tires were OK, around 70%. That's good enough.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 23:01

is there any way to svith off tyres flatspots from FF efects or minimaly smooth it as i drive after 22:00 in flat so my neigbours can complain Sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next