Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Racesim videos

Go down 
+4
Frank Verplanken
Mike Becnel
François Remmen
Timo Vermeersch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 16:28

Back in the day, late nineties throughout the zeroes, there was a whole bunch of people making small movies with captures from race-sims. There were even competitions left and right. Seems that making such movies has largely stopped and has been replaced by live streams.

A pity really, as some of those movies were real little jewels. So maybe a good idea to group some of them in this thread.

Timo

Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 19:05

in matter of fact , I am looking for a video promo maker
for my upcomming track that i want to release to the world
and race here with you all

I lost contact with Jeeve
this is how i wanted and he did exact , so i need a guy who can do this
read my mind!
Pm me if you can do it like jeeve did

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 21:25

We had an HSO driver named Tiago Malafaya who used to make videos like this. He retired to persue fulltime professional football (soccer) coaching. He still makes cool videos of models he builds. I see him on Facebook often.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 15:16

Yes Tiago had some great vids in his HSO days. Simon Wattman and Franck Mercurio also did some cool ones.  Many are still visible on the site's video page by the way Smile.

It is indeed kind of a lost art making these movies  Sad .

One the mythical ones of the genre is A Day in Heaven, a 35-minute David Lynchesque epic made with Grand Prix Legends (king of sims) :

Where have all the otakus gone, I ask you lol ?? It's like nobody is at university anymore. But yeah like you said Timo - live streaming. Sighs.

Thanks for the thread though, nice to discover or re-discover what are indeed jewells. Makes me think someone should download and safeguard them before they vanish :hihi:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 15:43

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Yes Tiago had some great vids in his HSO days. Simon Wattman and Franck Mercurio also did some cool ones.  Many are still visible on the site's video page by the way Smile.

It is indeed kind of a lost art making these movies  Sad .

One the mythical ones of the genre is A Day in Heaven, a 35-minute David Lynchesque epic made with Grand Prix Legends (king of sims) :

Where have all the otakus gone, I ask you lol ?? It's like nobody is at university anymore. But yeah like you said Timo - live streaming. Sighs.

Thanks for the thread though, nice to discover or re-discover what are indeed jewells. Makes me think someone should download and safeguard them before they vanish :hihi:

Very good movie work, congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 16:17

Ha Frank, A Day In Heaven was my choice as next movie to post here.

So another GPL-movie then, the first movie by Rudolf Goertz, the training grounds for A Day in Heaven so to speak.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 19:20

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
What's wrong with livestreams/broadcasts? :hum: HSO did a few ones with the original team, I remember a Watkins Glen race where Antoine was in the booth, and in the new race threads (Imola 79) I see a link (Not working yet?) to a broadcast. 

Well I would say nothing wrong with broadcasts, as they are the higher form of livestreaming Smile. And yes HSO has been doing broadcasts of its events since the first year, so we did more than a few of those. But the general trend is unfortunately not as classy as that - 99% of livestreams in simracing are like livestreams of other video games : just a feed showing a player playing. That I have zero interest for, as it only is a symptom of one of today's illness : everybody wants to be the star of his own TV reality show Rolling Eyes And can't help but think this kind of trend is what killed the taste for long hours of creating and editing your own video clip. :smil20: [/GenXrant] :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 19:46

Ah I see your point and I must agree  :top:

That said, if someone did a private livestream of the 79 Imola race I'd certainly like to watch it, it's always nice when you see people you know/friends you have raced with banging wheels around  Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 20:04

Yes very true :top: And also I'd rather watch a livestream of someone in a good race and shutting his mouth most of the time rather than a bad broadcast I guess :D !
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 20:52

GTR2-movie for a change:

Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 22:12

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Ah I see your point and I must agree  :top:

That said, if someone did a private livestream of the 79 Imola race I'd certainly like to watch it, it's always nice when you see people you know/friends you have raced with banging wheels around  Smile

Funny... I just streamed my short ISO USAC adventure on Twitch for the first time... needs refining though, overlay, widgets and such.

I guess the Imola race might also be a good idea to try and stream(I'll have to watch my words then) :hihi:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jan 2020 - 22:09

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan 2020 - 13:40

Nice one but the music kinda ruins it imho.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan 2020 - 22:21

Back to top Go down
Dan Faas
Club Driver
Dan Faas

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2019-11-25

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan 2020 - 22:22

Love watching some of these videos! Makes me want to dust off my own editing software and make some videos.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan 2020 - 21:52

A very old school one today. The sim is F1 Challenge, the daddy of rFactor. It is the very first movie I ever made. And also my first true online race.

Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020 - 21:29

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Racesim videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racesim videos   Racesim videos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Racesim videos
Page 1 of 1