Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]

Go down 
+27
Jason White
Luis Almeida
Gilles Lalonde
Mike Olson
Dana Schurer
Philippe Martinelli
David Jaques
Mick Chapman
Gérard Ryon
Alberto Iquino
Victor Alcocer
Greg DellaCella
Steve Parker
Richard Coxon
Dave Miller
Alberto Ibañez
Adam Hackman
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Jason Whited
Pascal Mikula
Raymond Riddall
Mattos Maul
Bruno Chacon
Grant Riddall
David Sabre
Jan Kowalski
Juha Bos
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Victor Alcocer
Club Driver
Victor Alcocer

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]    Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Dec 2019 - 0:13

Jason Whited wrote:
Apologies to all in Race 2 for the outburst.  In the heat of the moment, I forgot the whisper function completely and it just came out.

Mad

I think it s understandable ...

Monaco pfiuu what a track,after a not bad not good time in qualification,i make a very good start,agressive but i think, fair,taking all opportunities i will have,and i become 11 th after lap 1,upgrading to 8 th with all the retirements on the first laps,but at the first third of the race i make a mistake at mirabeau and then an other at the loews,with the car on the air and all of that...and lost 3 place and 7 8 seconds

After that was all about pushing and trying to find some consistency who was very hard to catchhere for whatever reasons but anyway i finish 8 th,very good result :conduit:

Second race at the Brands was all about my battle with Bruno,qualification were like Monaco not bad but disapoiting,only 15 th...
After a good start i attack jonathan on the hairpin,my brakes were pretty warm with the formation lap and that work pretty well,after that i have to assumed some luck,with Adam spunning and Mick losting time trying to avoid him,so that was me in front of Bruno,and began battle who last the ALL F****** RACE
I make some mistakes and he was able to be just in my back,and he pass me after a great scrap in the 3 first corner, Great battle ! after that i was catching him,i was i think ,a little more faster,especially in the fast sections,but he was very hard to attack,making no mistakes...

Sadly i touch him on the very fast right,very small touch but enough to make him spunning,so i wait for him (and make a spun too with the decontration ! :D ) i the last lap i was really more faster than him but i just dont find the space ! Very good battle and a point scoring positions again for the last race in this beautiful mod :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]    Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Dec 2019 - 12:02

Thank you for everyone who organised this championship. It’s been so much fun and was great to be a part of.

Special thank you to Jason, Alberto and any others for the broadcasts too.
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]    Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Dec 2019 - 15:22

I can only echo what Grant has said, this mod has been a pleasure to drive, many thanks to everyone involved. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]    Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Dec 2019 - 19:40

Twattiness aside, that was a blast!

2 races, 2 early spins, and 2 intense comeback attempts featuring great fights, passes, and near misses.
All fought hard, clean, and fair.
Especially Sabre, Miller, and Ryon. All 3 were very beastly at Brands. Great stuff guys.
It's a shame there was no broadcast, The Miller fan club would have been comin out of their seats affraid
Only clumsy pass I remember was on Jason White, I got loose after the move and we banged wheels pretty good. Felt more like downtown Detroit than Monaco, eh Jason? What a Face my bad

Thanks everyone.
Great mod
Great modeling David Sabre
see ya soon
:banane:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]    Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Dec 2019 - 12:15

Nightmare for me,injured my knee the other day and found it near impossible to drive,had a go in first race but it was too hard to operate the pedals so crashed out,great mod and love these cars :top:
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]    Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Dec 2019 - 17:59

Steve Parker wrote:
Nightmare for me,injured my knee the other day and found it near impossible to drive,had a go in first race but it was too hard to operate the pedals so crashed out,great mod and love these cars :top:

Watched the replay, it was a spectacular crash! One for the ages!!!!
Get well soon
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]    Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Dec 2019 - 12:20

Brian Janik wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:

Watched the replay, it was a spectacular crash! One for the ages!!!!
Get well soon

almost on a par with my crash in practice and qualy lol
Back to top Go down
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]    Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Dec 2019 - 22:49

First of all I'd like to thank for all the races during 1973 British F3 season. Thanks for all of the competitors- that was incredible to see and compete against over 20 drivers.
All the races wouldn't be so exciting without our great broadcasters- please continue this coverage for entire upcoming season. I've learned A LOT about racing series that HSO was running this and previous years. I know that it was said before- the broadcasts were better than many real life counterpart :clap:

Round 13:
As many of us, I wanted to finish the season with good, clean races- collecting some valuable points. I knew that driving around twisty corners of glamorous Monaco streets would be both exciting and difficult.
A good powerful engine would also help when pulling up from St. Devote corner uphill- so did mine Wink
My mechanics completed great job preparing the car and engine. Ford's Novamotor proved to be bullet proof in terms of reliability, so I was more afraid of driving error that would land my shiny blue March on the wall or shoot it straight to the harbour.
Anyway I was hoping to finish in T10 or T5 if I'm lucky but the time I've spent on the track prior to race payed off- I won PP :banane: on the most difficult racetrack in my short simracing adventure. Starting 1'st was one thing, bringing it to finish was another. Due to an early error I've lost the lead as soon as first lap.
Later as another error occured I have no choice to run 4'th, but the main goal was to bring the car safely home- no risks here.

Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Djacqu10

Sadly for David Jacques, he had to fight with wingless car in the fast corners and that gave me the opportunity to finish at the podium.
Important points collected, gave me real chance to finish the championship at 5'th place- that was way more than I expected before the start of the championship.

Round 14:
We quickly moved to Brands for the final round of the season. The most valuable one, as there was double points price for this race.
To my surprise another PP- excellent combo of March/Novamotor did it's job. But again, due to my low experience, the emotions took over and after 4'th lap we got usual and deserved leader- David Jundt.
From now on the aim was to finish as close to David as possible.

Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Djacqu11
As you can see, I overshoot the Stirling's Bend- now all I could do was to bring the fine 2'nd place to the finish.

My biggest surprise came a day later, when I realised that due to Ray's bad luck I moved up in the championship standings. Finishing third in any HSO championship was and still is way more than expected.

:champ:

Thank you very much for the great racing, and great experience. Never ever I thought that 20 years after my first GPL simracing starts I will enjoy this sport even more.

Thanks to league managers for assigning me #20 March. During pre season testing I picked up this one and drove it just because it looked nice. lol!
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]    Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Dec 2019 - 14:02

Another good championship finished. I hope that we can race these again, or something similar. Very Happy

I've just looked at the championship standings and to finish in 6th place against these competitors is great. :drink: The double points at Brands Hatch certainly helped.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]    Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2019 - 1:38

I really had no answer to "Cesar's" one lap pace, he got me good there, which he did most of the time when he attended!

I just maximised my race pace potential to stick close and hit my lines as much as possible, that was the way to success once more. But not easy in the least, especially in Brands Cezariusz showed he has to be reckoned with racing such cars Wink

Finally, I can't believe I had such a great season. Although at times it was either some people not racing, being away or going off losing time/retiring that made me enjoy such a lead in the championship.

Glad to have gotten my first title in a single driver championship after WEC '82, maybe still gotta grab a true celebration beer on it :flag:  :first: :champ:  drunken :drink:

Thanks to everyone for taking part aswell as making this mod, it was a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]    Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rounds 13 & 14 - Monaco & Brands Hatch GP [Dec 15th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3