Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th]

Go down 
+24
Greg DellaCella
Mick Chapman
Brian Janik
David Jaques
Dave Miller
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jason Whited
Alberto Iquino
Raul Jereb
David Jundt
Jan Kowalski
Jason Fitch
Adam Hackman
Gérard Ryon
Juha Bos
Raymond Riddall
Alberto Ibañez
Thiago Canola
Grant Riddall
David Sabre
Richard Wilks
Bruno Chacon
Jason White
Richard Coxon
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th]   Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2019 - 0:33

Sorry for not registreing In on time

not the sunday i wanted to finish like this Embarassed

not sure to race tonight because i had also another race next week to prepare and solo to handle my kid, my girlfriend was out for her job tomorrow early morning.

Training:
i drove a couple a laps with 1'18"11 for my best in this afternoon

QUALIFYING
due to bed time for my kid not able to run a lap in qualify but i prefer not to trouble the race i started from the back

RACE
start was not good on the front runners
i managed to avoid contact

i think the instruction for the start should have been that :

when every car is in the main straight the pole man can accelerate on start/finish line to give the real start

Even if we were warned of this early green flag, it is not decent from this organisation to do such a start with this addon track

after a quater of race, a few drivers encounter problems so i gain places from 20th to 14th
i was hoping to finish after passing half race
but one more time target to touched
one more mis-shift in lap 49 (maybe distracted my spotter calling me in for pit-stop; wrongly called by the mis calculation in game setup. (i still had 70-75 Litres to burn)

i was hoping for the last 1point of 12th place

but even i finished i would have been 14th,
so better luck next time

and i miss so many gear shift tonight i don't know if you do boyz too
i think my accel spring pedal is not pushing back fast enough (logitech G25 pedals from 2006-2007 !!!)
i tought 5 or 6 time i blew the engine but not
not when i did on that lap 49...

anyway congrats to very closed podiums finishers 1-2-3 !!!!

see you maybe in Miami
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffsca.org
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th]   Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2019 - 11:51

One of the hardest races for me, the setup of my car was very bad, not allowing any slippage in its driving.
I had a great start, overtaking Mike and gaining the position of Wilks who hit the wall.
It was not easy to get ahead of Mike, he was faster and I had to defend my line for many laps until he made a mistake and hit.
I was gaining positions on the mistakes of others, since my car had a pace between 1:19 high and 1:20.
Behind me were 2 fast riders, Ryon and Dave Miller, they were taking the fast handicap lap.
Then came the hardest time for me. I started to feel dizzy (I think about age) and radically changed my 3-stop strategy to 2. I slowed my pace and turbo pressure too, trying to keep Ryon under control. It sped up and I tried to improve my lap time without making mistakes. It was a very exhausting race for me, especially because of the dizziness I felt and that if I had not been persistent, I would have left because of it.
Congratulations To David Jaques for his brilliant victory, he was superb throughout the race.
I hope I didn't get in the way of anyone else when they were turning their lead on me.
Congratulations also for the excellent broadcast and narration of the race.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th]   Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2019 - 16:08

Highlight of the series for me cheers
Damn, that was great fun!

Laguna might be simplistic, but it sure is demanding in such cars as these. Hardly any place to rest, always busy with the car.

Didn't have any practice time during the week, so I had to cram it all in just prior to the race.
I was still making adjustments to the car come race time, and I was worried it'd have unexpected consequences, but seemed to be the right adjustments and the car, though a bit of a handful, was right where I wanted it...forgiving enough, but also fast enough to hang for the most part.
Was clear late in the race I was struggling against Brian in a straightline though, and while I was doing ok keeping up in the windy bits, it didn't matter what I did exiting that final hairpin, he pulled away slightly each and every time. Similar situation when I was running ahead of him.

The little undercut to take P4 was about the last thing I expected, tbh. Shocked
That was wild.....had the finish line been another 3-4 feet down the road, I'd still be sitting P5...just got lucky there (well, lucky...and I think Brian overreacted a bit to me moving to the inside at last moment before the hairpin. No way I was diving in there and actually coming out the other side ahead (didn't have the straight line speed to do so)....but, the little move to look like I was seemed to have worked Laughing
The lap car to seal the deal didn't hurt either :langue:

Anyways, that was great and I had a blast.

Big thanks to the broadcast crew for another great broadcast.
Congrats to top 3!

Now, Imma go ride this high today, because I'm still on it.
Thanks, Brian...and Richard C. while he was in it...for the great racing yesterday, made my weekend.

:yaa:

Back to top Go down
Adam Hackman
Club Driver
Adam Hackman

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th]   Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2019 - 17:11

Alberto Iquino wrote:
Adam, you gave me the battle of the season!!! Very happy with this race. I forgot to put the whole tank in the stints, so I made half-tank stints. Without the spinning I might have not had this battle :smil20: . Thank you for this!!! Oh, and sorry if I annoyed somebody.

That was fun! I knew I had little chance to keep you behind me. I think you were running 1-1.5 seconds a lap quicker than me by that point. Good battle!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th]   Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 14 - Champion Spark Plug 300K [Nov 24th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3