Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 13 - Bosch Spark Plug Grand Prix [Nov 10th]

Go down 
+18
Alberto Ibañez
Mick Chapman
Pascal Mikula
Adam Hackman
David Jaques
Raul Jereb
Raymond Riddall
Jason White
Thiago Canola
Jason Whited
Greg DellaCella
Dave Miller
David Sabre
Bruno Chacon
Jason Fitch
Grant Riddall
Richard Wilks
Richard Coxon
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

Round 13 - Bosch Spark Plug Grand Prix [Nov 10th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Bosch Spark Plug Grand Prix [Nov 10th]   Round 13 - Bosch Spark Plug Grand Prix [Nov 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Nov 2019 - 22:52

Was an interesting race. I'd had high hopes after practice during the week. During Qualifying I was a bit conservative, as my Q setup could be a bit iffy if you pushed it. Turns out I was a bit too conservative and was no where near the time I should've been.

Race start was decent, was surprised we made it as far as we did before the first caution, I was expecting it within the first few laps. Barely missed Jason, but that was my own fault, I Saw him spin and did the thing you do of heading straight towards him, I was on the brakes, realized he was stopped and got around him. Wasn't as close as Brian was though...wow! On the restart I was in probably the worst spot, I watched the crash unfold and was braking and just didn't get slowed fast enough and rear ended Brian. I had front suspension damage, but with the speed of the cautions I decided I would chance it at the green. I think it might've slowed me down a bit overall, as I was having to slow more than usual at the beginning of runs when the tires were cold. I was a bit miffed when Alberto lapped me so early, especially since I was inside the Top 10.

After that I was just trying to hang on to my Top 10 position and finish.

Apologies to Jundt, Thiago, and especially Alberto. I'm sure Jason will agree, was just one of those unfortunate things that happens at a track like this, especially THIS track. I didn't want to push up into Jason when I was inside of him, so I lifted, and slowed a little bit too much and it pulled the car down to the grass. Had to lift more or risk spinning up into ALL of you. When I got back on the track and looked in my mirror, all I saw was Alberto, fully in the air and heading for the stands.

Overall, was a surprisingly clean-ish, race. I was expecting more Cautions, although the length of them was a bit disconcerting. My last pit stop had me reaching the back of the field at full speed right as the Green flew.

Regardless, I finished, AND in the points. So....hopefully I can match that at the last 2 races.
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

Round 13 - Bosch Spark Plug Grand Prix [Nov 10th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Bosch Spark Plug Grand Prix [Nov 10th]   Round 13 - Bosch Spark Plug Grand Prix [Nov 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Nov 2019 - 0:54

Very fun race. I had a stable and safe setup. Tried to keep my nose clean and finish the race. I had a great fight with Wilks, the best moment of the race to me.
Top 4th was great already, but Alberto and Jundt found each other and I capitalized in the end.
Couldn't be better!!

It will be tough and entertaining in the last 2 races.

Thank you Jonathan for the broadcast.
Back to top Go down

Round 13 - Bosch Spark Plug Grand Prix [Nov 10th]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2